• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 364 Views, 12 Comments

War, or life - Doukzor



After the crystal legion`s defeat, one last battle has been ensued. Who, or what, will change the fate of the war? will it only continue?

  • ...
4
 12
 364

Two options in end

The night hung heavily, passing dark shadows of gloom through the tree tops in the ever-free.

Yet, at the same time, the sun fluttered on the other side of the sky, shifting light into the empty spaces, thickening the shadows into further depths of pitch black.

To one this set-up would seem blinding an incomprehensible to physics, but the war-lings of Equestria had come to know this scene as night and day. It was called twilight, for the darkest reaches were pitched, and the lightest a heaven of white.

The black contrasting white land may have seem nice, until you actually delve into the reason of it`s being.

A war.

A war stands behind this beauty. This blood-lusting beauty.

At the sanctuary of the first kingdom, previous homes of both Celestia and Luna together, clashes the war of four.

Three standing armies, and the side clashing of two ponies, one with night, fighting together with darkness against itself and light.


Twilight Sparkle aimed beams of purple flames at dark figures that fled and returned, swift in the shadows of the night, evading the enemy light.

She flung magical spears at the grounded bat winged ponies, and sent magical wards to protect her flank.

"Die, you night crawling monsters! Go and rot with Nightmare Moon!!!" She screeched as she dodged a blue bat pony and slammed a dagger into it`s chest from underneath, taking out the bloodied silver metal and throwing it into the head of a flying one.

Gold-clad Pegasi fought at her side, throwing spears and handling close combat.

Sweat was already pouring off of Celestia`s pupil, but she held on to her focus and struck out five more bat guards.

"Agh!!!" A row of four guards behind went down, limp.

Twilight began losing focus.

This exact battle had gone on for hours already, and even with the bat ponies giant loss of their queen, they had persisted in her name.

Twilight had to break her stance in the fight, and took to using a ward as she lifted her voice to that of the whole field`s war zone.

"Why?! Why do you keep fighting?! Even after your queen`s death?! Surrender now and you may die mercifully!!!" She yelled, her voice echoing the whole battlefield.

"No!!! We fight in her grace!" Many of the night walkers had hissed back. The fight and blood-shed just went on.

Celestia had been passive, ordering guards and such. Occasionally she would summon a rain of burning fire magic onto the darkest reach of the nightmare zone.

Even with the loss of her dear sister, Celestia carried no tears. No shame. No sadness.

You could say her emotions hardened into a bland mold of gloominess.

This only made every pony fight harder. They wanted their princess back.

Meanwhile, if you could say that, considering Pinkie Pie has no sense of time yet lives through it all the same, was swinging her pink axe wildly at the white coated ponies, killing one after another.

Even being the element of laughter, she was fine killing. Though you probably could have guessed that.

"Die, Die, Die, die!!!" She made a high pitch scream as she swung at an earth pony guard. He flew into the air, blood spurting onto Pinkie Pie, which she licked her face at...

"For Nightmare!!!!" She laughed out loud, making a few guards stop in dead-panning.

"Ooh!" She dodged a spear, and bloodied four more guards.

"Oh, come on! Just give up already!" She lamely said, while a few more guards were at her hooves again.

Apple Jack bucked a bat pony guard.

Her back hooves were crimson, and a deep scar ran through her lower cheek. Blood oozed out of a three fold cut from a bat pony.

"Darn bats and their claws" She growled as she swung a large war-hammer at a lunging figure. Another one scratched her leg, and she faltered, but only for a second until she got up and buck it in the face.

She was, to say the least, swarmed the most out of every pony, and due to them having claws, it was not pretty.

Blood pelted her orange coat, her cutie mark bathed in it, and it only kept going. Her hat had been lost in the wind kicked up by all the Pegasi.

Apple Jack felt the urge to rest, but couldn`t let down. Being scared of death, yet she felt compelled to faint, lose her muscle strength, but that would introduce her to a deadly fate, and therefore she kept up.

A pale yellow Pegasus had taken to being a medic.

She flew beside five other ponies, before taking her leave into her given post, swooping down in front of a herd of black.

Small blue dots lit the darkness that came behind Fluttershy.

The changeling empire.

And they had come at the right time too, as all the guards of light and dark were tired and fatigued. The advantages were with the changelings. At least whenever they actually got to killing, that is.

Fluttershy was allowed a medic because the queen had mercy. She believed that some ponies would follow her if they were rescued.

So she allowed Fluttershy to save any pony she could. The animals this frail Pegasus owned came too, pecking into or saving certain guards.

Once on the ground, FLuttershy engulfed herself in a green flame, and when the flame dissipated, a pale grey earth pony mare was running in her place.

But of course, this was just a disguise for Fluttershy, but she pretended to be cancer baring mare who wore a black and white splatter bandana on her head.

It bore both the basic colors of Celestia (white), and Luna (black), confusing any guard or pony long enough for her to save the wounded and get out of there. But of course, Fluttershy`s animal friends had come to, and they picked out and killed or saved certain ponies, to their free choice.

The medic, named 'Mary', rushed in between guards, jumping over crouched ones, and made her way over to a stabbed black unicorn from the Solar empire. Bandaging his leg, she pointed him over to a covered tent to rest at, than made her way over to another bat pony female, who`s neck was slashed, but not to paralysis.

Over on the other side of the battlefield, a white unicorn with dazzling light blue armor and rich purple hair was aiming and shooting down enemies with a golden etched bow. It was shaped as if an elf bore down their mastery to the weapon, and Rarity fought like one too.

A Solar guard lunged at her, and she kicked the sharp end of her bow into his side before sticking an arrow into his side, leaving it their for his body to pale out and go limp.

She shot her bow through a solar tent, causing the captain to stumble out, the arrow latched in his side.

Another silver bent arrow flashed through and into a nick of his armor, and the white pegasus fell. Dead.

Rarity turned back towards the troop she led, a dozen of the Lunar republic`s bats. She and Pinkie Pie had their own groups to lead, but still helped each other before on positions, and trading a few guards too.

"Go. Swarm small portions at a time. We need to make their army dwindle down, not to foolishly barge into their forces and kill our chances", Rarity ordered her section, who in return nodded and gripped their bows and daggers, stealthy circling out into bloody zone.

Rarity herself checked her armor, of course custom made, before readying her own weapon and heading out to attack more guards.

The rainbow haired Pegasus flashed through the sky, leaving a trail of her own hair color.

She had a Cyan coat, and bore light golden armor covering her head, hooves, flank and wings. She held a long dagger of gold shaped to thin out near the tip, sharpening with light silver shreds around the middle, making the blade a bit heavier than the hilt. Right behind her, the changeling empire flew, and had now flew right above the war, blocking the sun, allowing the bat ponies to kill solar ponies with a better precise skill.

Even Rarity and Pinkie Pie had perfect vision now, considering they were blood-sucking night crawlers now.

Rainbow dash waved a hoof towards her bottom right, and a portion of changelings flew down there, taking out solar and, for some, lunar guards.

Rainbow signaled again, and to her right changelings bore down on the ponies.

She smiled, and went down herself, turning and twisting in the air, so any pony who was aiming at her would miss. She engulfed herself in a green flame, as to transform.

All around, black insect ponies, light gold-clad ponies, and bat ponies fought at each other, two unicorns beside all the former striking out at foes continuously. One of pure darkness, and the other talented in that of light, and dark magic.

Rainbow Dash landed on the ground, though her head was about fifty feet in the air, cyan scales running down her body and arms, rainbow hair on her head, elbows, and running at the end of her tail.

She had turned into a dragon, for a temporary use, breathing blue fire at the nearby guards.

After bringing down maybe a dozen, she felt her power weaken, and so took flight and returned to her Pegasus form, but through even her old form, was forced to that of a changeling.

Being her old form took it`s toll too, using energy all the same. The army of changelings no longer blocked the sun, and now gave the solar empire a fighting chance again. More and more blood painted the ponies and the ground, blood of royalty, blood of mixed genes, and even blood of the flaming passion in the survivors of each slash at their neck.

Rainbow flew up through the clouds, her holed hooves whistling in the wind, her loose spiky mane slicing the air. Once up high, she used her remaining transformation energy to turn into herself again, and made a deep dive towards the warling ponies.

With a deep warning shout, she cried, "Base deform! NOW!!!".

Her mouth was brought back by the wind, causing a few parts to slur, but at least most of the changelings heard her meaning from keen ears, along with the bat ponies too.

The solar?

Not so lucky...

Pinkie Pie stopped dead straight, and heard some form of wording, which of course to her came out exactly as it was meant be. Cover.

Cover. Cover. Cover.

Yeah, that buzzed in her head continuously. Bouncing over to a large, tall spruce tree, she made one swift cut of her axe through the bark, making the tall live lumber fall to the ground on top of a tiny over hang. It provided cover from, well, Pinkie knew but that`s for later.

"Aw... Why can`t you just tell them?!" Pinkie Pie whined.

Because I can`t Pinkie Pie, the readers don`t know about this yet, now act like you never heard me and continue!

"...Fine, miss Stargleam." Pinkie Pie pouted, but then lightened up when she waved a hoof over to Rarity, whom came over and hid in the small bomb shelter like structure.

Pinkie Pie.

"Yes, miss-" DON`T SAY MY NAME YOU SULKING SHADOW DEMON!!!

Rarity glanced at Pinkie Pie, probably as to why she was talking, but shrugged it off as just being Pinkie.

"Sorry, Narrator. Wait, aren`t you out on the battlefield? I swear I saw you... I swear, I Pinkie promise I saw you!" Pinkie Pie continued talking, not allowing the Narrator to explain.

"You were with the dark grey stallion! The one with the curved ho-" Okay, Okay. Now, um, over to the other ponies! Bye Pinkie!

"Bye bye Stargle- I mean narrator!!!" Pinkie waved as I face-hoofed myself on the field. The stallion muttered a few curses before continuing to slay ponies with an ebony battle-axe.

Most of the changelings turned themselves into rocks or shields, Fluttershy turning herself into the statue of a bunny.

Apple Jack was currently killing off one when she noticed it.

"What in tarnation...?" she looked back and forth, all the bat ponies and changelings were retreating for cover. Most of the solar guards gave suit to either go after them or get to cover themselves.

Apple Jack, being wounded, just took time to rest. Maybe the ponies were weakened, and had to go to medics. No... That wasn`t right.

"Soldiers! What`s going on!!!" She yelled in her country tone at a nearby grey unicorn.

"I- I... We don`t know!" He frantically cried in response.

"...Well darn! I can`t get away to any hospitality..." Apple shook her head and felt her injured leg with her hoof.

"A-Apple Jack? Miss, we must go back. It`s not to far from-" Apple Jack cut him off.

"No. I been fighting with this war-hammer and darned leg for a while now, I can handle whatever comes" though she grit her teeth while saying that.

"Y-yes, miss Apple Jack" He lowered his head to her.

"Now. You should retreat. Do what you wish, but if they are, I fear we must too".

"I shall, Captain." The stallion turned left for the barracks. Apple Jack almost fell to the ground, trying to stay up.

The only reason she hadn`t gone was for that se couldn`t. Her muscles only allowed her stand, but walking? Much less through a field of archers? Apple Jack shuddered at the thought of dying an un-honorable death.

Even dying at all.

So Apple Jack just stood there, ready to handle any dangers, or some of them at least...

Twilight Sparkle had conjured up some wards to protect herself as she fought and killed the bat-ponies.

Most of the changelings were oddly turning into different inanimate objects... Twilight struck a mare bat pony, whom fell out of the sky.

Glancing around for trouble, she noticed a light blue thin oval shape diving for the ground, maybe 150 yards in the air.

The air around it curved to her body, implying super high speeds. Twilight swore she saw rainbow hair, and in an instant realized whom this pony was.

"Rainbow Dash..." she growled ragingly.

The Pegasus was going to perform... A sonic rainboom?

"Why...!" it suddenly dawned on her. A rainboom would wipe out much of the solar and lunar troops, although Twilight was little in the idea that the bat ponies had heard or seen rainbow.

"TROOPS!!! RETREAT NOW!!!" Twilight screamed at the top of her lungs, running towards the tents that bore the symbol of the Solar legion.

She stopped dead straight as she heard the wind whizzing behind her, her iris`s shrinking to small dots.

"S-she`s here..." Twilight whispered dryly, before shaking her head and summoning a ward. A strong purple circle surrounded her, and even wavered with little symbols.

The wind whistling sounds became screeches, and then screams, as Rainbow Dash came closer and closer, sucking the air in to her speed.

Apple Jack stared in awe, while also keeping her ears pinned back from the sound.

"I wish I had my darn hat." She growled behind a whimper.

She didn`t know what it was though, thinking it may be a missile or blue projectile.

Rainbow Dash`s form flickered into a changeling for a moment, faltering the wind into a painful sting, but she leapt back into her fast flying self, continuing at higher and higher speeds.

She came about down near the ground, and performed the rainboom.

Her figure flashed down towards the ground, a rainbow colored disk booming from her side, causing many ponies to be brought back, into death.

The whistling became an insane voice, and Apple Jack was almost killed, being pushed back into the ground, her right leg twisted to an unmeasurable angle.

Her rainboom resonated again, and caused many survivors to die, or be swept back into a cliff or rock, or the enemies territory.

Rainbow Dash swerved upwards towards the sky, slowing her pace until she lost all magic and reverted to that of a changeling.

Buzzing quickly over to the bunny statue that bore three butterflies on it, Rainbow tapped Fluttershy.

"I-it`s alright. A quick ordeal, like I said!" Rainbow assured Fluttershy, but her voice was raspy and dry.

"Rainbow, are you... Oh dear" Fluttershy turned into her old self, flexing her wings as she studied Rainbow Dash.

The black exoskeleton on Rainbow`s back was deeply cracked, and there were way too many holes in her hooves, some gaping out longer than they should have been.

One insect wing was half way broken off, her left eye scratched and oozing oddly a large amount of crimson blood.

"Rainbow Dash! You poor thing... Let me help you, just- just stay still." Fluttershy then proceeded to grab a wrap and cover the cracked, and more than likely sprained back.

"I`m alright... I didn`t die, see?" Rainbow smiled, but was soon fading into unconsciousness.

"It`s okay Rainbow... Just, um, rest for a little while, OK?" Fluttershy put a patch on Rainbow Dash`s eye.

"Okay..." A small snore was heard from Rainbow as she drifted into sleep, hopefully no farther.

"Loyal to your legion, even if death were to almost meet you" Fluttershy sighed.

Apple Jack stumbled onto her hooves.

Many of the 'rocks' were turning green, and back into insect ponies, already attacking the soldiers of both Lunar and Solar.

"M-mah leg..." Apple Jack tried to move her right thy, but only brought numbing pain.

She attempted any other part lower than that, but got no response. It was broken.

"... Ah can`t fight like this. Ngh!" She was met with a sharp pain in her neck, and felt there with her hoof, but felt nothing.

"And ahm bruised on the inside of mah neck?! Darn it!" She growled, and as soon with this pain came more.

A bat pony lunged at her, but with out the neck strength to grab her war-hammer, she was pounced on, and fell on her back. Bucking at the bat pony did no good, at least not with one leg.

"G-get off of me, monster!!!" AJ screamed in pain from her previous injuries.

"You sun-bathing pony of Celestia. You killed our queen, and ruined our lives, starting this war. Now, a captain, shall kill a captain!" The purple mare bat pony raised a clawed hoof, but stopped short when she heard a snappy voice behind her.

"Stop. Right. Now." A dark grey, almost black mare with magenta eyes growled in warning.

"And who do you think you are, pony?" the bat spat the last word, referring the black unicorn for a foal.

"Well, I assure you, I`m not with Sun butt, nor Queen Chrysalis, Or even your dead night princess".

"...Well, then. Shall I paint the picture of our leader with your blood?" The bat pony`s voice was cunning, like that of a salesman offering a deal that was actually a sham.

"No... But you can try." The pony gave a sinister grin, readying her horn.

"Magic will not stop me, unicorn!" It lunged at the bright blue haired Unicorn, whom summoned a ghostly purple sword with her magic.

The battle was so short, that you could have just begun to make a bet on one of them and lost before finishing.

The unicorn took her summoned blade and struck it through the bat`s chest, no blood dripping out or anything. Just dead silence.

The bat pony`s eyes had shrunk, and only small sounds were heard from her. Taking the blade out, the purple bat fell onto the ground, her eyes open as if awake, yet dead. But small shivers came from her, making the unicorn smirk.

"Now, shall I paint a picture of the shadow lord with your blood?" The unicorn remarked as she left the now limp body to rot.

"T-Thank you, miss... Er..." Apple Jack winced in pain, holding her leg.

"Stargleam, call me Stargleam. But you need not thank me." Stargleam flatly said.

"W-wait... Stargleam?! Ah... Ah, y-you? The one w-we banished a-away from pon-ponyville?" AJ stammered.

"Yes, I am. Let`s forget about that though... Please" Stargleam sighed.

"Yes, Ah thank you, f-for saving me".

"Don`t".

"R-really...".

"No. I-I mean it, okay?" Stargleam said as she stared at AJ, emotions in her voice, but a blank expression painted on her face.

"O-okay... Then why? Why d-did you save me?".

"For Pinkie Pie. I... I won`t ever forgive you guys, but I figured I should help out a little. Besides slaying every pony on this field".

"P-pinkie Pie? I miss`er...".

"You won`t have to for long, Apple Jack. Just..." Stargleam sniffled, almost as if she was going to cry.

"Y-yes...?" Apple asked, her eyes beginning to fade, her back still logged on the ground.

"Just hang in there until she comes." Stargleam seemed to suddenly lose the sad emotion in her voice, but then gained a cunning one that filled the gap.

"I just didn`t want a measly bat-ling to be the one to get you out", the unicorn smirked once again, before walking away, and off towards her fighting companion.

Soon enough, though, after a small time lapse, Apple Jack heard a familiar cry of glee coming her way.

She tensed up though, afraid of Pinkie and her stance with the Lunar republic, opposing the Solar empire strongly.

"Apple Jack! Apple Jack! Apple Jack! Where are you-" Pinkie stopped short at Apple Jack, taking in the blood, that of which belonged to her, and her twisted leg.

"Oh... I-I... I`m so sorry..." Pinkie Pie sighed and looked down to her left.

"No it`s alright, P-pinkie Pie... Ah`m... Fine." Apple Jack coughed, blood spurting out of her mouth.

"But, Apple Jack! Are you o-okay?!" Pinkie knelt down beside AJ, studying her figure, the blood, the leg, her battle scars.

"P-Pinkie Pie, don`t... Worry... About me. Your O-Okay from what ah can see..." Aj struggled to say anything.

"...I`m sorry. Th-this war. I hate it. And I`ve never hated anything! But it tore our friendship into three slices, well four but then Cadence.... Twilight`s sister. And-and Luna!" Pinkie began crying, taking in all the death she had caused, the pain and loss.

"I-I just can`t stand to lose you too. Not an element. Not another one of my friends!".

"Pinkie Pie." Apple Jack said as she raised a hoof and pushed a giant lock of hair out of Pinkie`s face.

"Y-yes?" Pinkie Pie sniffled.

"It`s al-alright. Ah, Won`t last m-much longer anyways, sugar c-cube." AJ coughed up more blood, her sides heaving for air.

"... Your... Gonna, die?" Pinkie blinked, as if it was an unknown concept.

"Ahm afraid I don`t have any other choice...." AJ weakly smiled, blood now trickling out of her mouth continuously.

"No! You can`t!!! No, no..." Pinkie Pie cried, falling beside Apple Jack`s body.

"B-but please... Pinkie Pie. Take m-my..." Apple Jack winced, struggling to talk any more.

"Apple Jack, it`s okay..." Pinkie Pie said, head buried in her hooves. She had an idea of what was to come.

"Take mah, H-hammer, K?" Apple Jack asked, whispering on a dry, dead tone.

"But Apple Jack... Hang on, please!" she whined back.

"Look, Sugar cube. A-ah wouldn`t be able t-to recover well, a-at the least ah would not... be a-able to walk a-again.".

Pinkie Pie sighed, understanding the situation. Being immobile, to say the truth, would be of up most discomfort. And displeasure.

Apple Jack awaited a response from Pinkie Pie, whom of which took AJ`s war hammer.

"Apple Jack." Pinkie flatly said.

"Y-yeah?".

"I... I fight in your name." Pinkie`s hair flattened out, deflating like a poked balloon.

"Pinkie... That`s not n-necessary... You belong w-with the lunar-" Apple jack was cut off by Pinkie Pie.

"Look at yourself! I... It`s only being loyal that I fight for you. Just- just please.".

"..." Apple Jack smiled blankly, started to lose life for the last time.

"Apple Jack?" Pinkie asked, her throat dry, water swarming her eyes.

"You were always an honest pony, Pinkie" Apple Jack said softly, her emerald eyes now dulling. She held a soft smile, forever painted on her face from then on.

"A-apple Jack?!" Pinkie choked, biting her mouth, "No...". She lowered her hoof over the unblinking country pony.

"Apple Jack... Why..." Pinkie mourned, seemingly no enemy ponies had come to attack them, which may have rustled the minds of some, but would to those who have been one of Pinkie`s senses, kicking in to repel harm when in mourning.

Once done, Pinkie Pie raised her hoof to Apple Jack`s face, closing her pale eyes in honor.

She stepped up, hair still down, before picking up her new hammer, and deciding to leave her axe behind. The war hammer was basically a bland brown down the hilt, but was mostly just a mix of silver and copper through the blunt force section, though the copper ran through in etched designs, a sun, a few swirls, but mostly basic drawings.

Pinkie Pie noted to decorate a tribute of Apple Jack on it later.

Striding towards the solar tents, Pinkie kept her head down, careful not to be shown as hostile while the hammer sat on her back, hardly cumbersome.

Meanwhile, Rarity had taken back to fighting, but kept wondering... Why Pinkie Pie left so suddenly.


The rainboom had just ended, but up until then Pinkie Pie had been shivering in her stance. Her Pinkie senses were acting up, as per usual.

When Pinkie Pie almost shot up from her place, Rarity became worried.

"Are you okay, Pinkie?" she tapped Pinkie`s shoulder, making her jump in surprise.

"Oh nothing... I just... Just hear her" she had replied, ultimately sending chills down Rarity`s back.

"Who is this, mare?".

"I can`t tell you, but I can hear her, her voice, coming from near the solar tents." Pinkie Pie said flatly, the usual light tone unused within her voice.

"Pinkie. Your scaring me. It`s a trap, right? Some spell by Twilight!".

A blank stare was shot to Rarity, "No. It`s the voice. The story teller. She`s talking to some pony. I have to go." And with that, Pinkie bound off, suddenly out of sight.


Twilight Sparkle had retreated to her tent to recover from a shoulder gash. The wound bled out, oozing scarlet liquid.

Quickly, Twilight cast a recovery spell and bandaged the wound with a now bloody rag.

Nearby, a pink figure came closer.

"Twilight! *huff* Cap-captain Twilight.... An intruder!" A royal gold-clad unicorn guard blurted as he rushed into Twilight`s tent, startling her beyond measures.

"Intruder? What dumb pony would walk into solar territory?" Twilight mumbled as she trotted outside to look for the lone pony.

"I-in that direction, madam," the guard pointed a hoof towards a pink pony in the distance.

"...I`ll go check it out" Twilight said as she galloped over near the boundary of the solar tents. The pink pony made no attempt to even inch towards a hostile position at Twilight`s approach.

"Who are you, intruder!" Twilight snapped as she neared the unwavering flat maned pony.

"... Twilight?" The pink pony asked dryly, a slight high pitch in her voice. She sounded sad, though her eyes were covered by hair.

"Wait..." Twilight said as the pink pony began to walk past her before stopping to say one last thing.

"...Pinkie Pie... It`s you?" Twilight levitated a lock of hair out of her face.

"Yes... It`s me" She said solemnly, wincing as a hoof wrapped around her neck. She relaxed as it moved into a hug. Though she did not return the gesture.

"Apple Jack, i-is dead" she sniffed.

"What?!" Twilight gaped as she quickly backed away from Pinkie Pie.

"I found her dying. Now, I have vowed to fight for h-her" She slanted her flank and allowed the hammer to fall. She then picked it up with ease in her mouth, a good evolution of the earth pony race.

"I... I see" Twilight sighed, patting Pinkie on her shoulder. The pink pony had grown unused to simple nice moves, only was she familiar with rude deadly motives.

Together, in understanding silence, they shuffled their hooves back towards Twilight`s tent. Tears were falling from both sets of eyes, and the cuts in each`s sides were just bruises compared to their emotional loss right now.


Rainbow Dash snored soundly, under the shade of a somehow standing oak.

She laid against a rising root, strong and thick, thriving through the dead of the war.

"Ngh..." Rainbow grabbed her head. Her eye was now forever scarred, but that was the least of it.

Her back was recovering quickly, due only to the love Fluttershy passed into Rainbow Dash, healing magic filled with energy. Her wing would grow back later, but her hooves were forever scarred and bruised. Some on the inside.

"Stay still! Your wounds are almost done" A raspy, changeling voice snapped. Rainbow Dash opened her eyes to see a tall changeling, with long blue hair and a long alicorn horn.

"Q-queen Chrysalis?!" Rainbow whispered.

"Yes, my child. Stay still. You must rest. After that you may fight again" She softly ordered.

"Yeah... I`ll do that. Twilight needs a... Lesson..." Rainbow said, smiling as she fell back asleep.

"Will she be alright?" A small voice echoed from Rainbow`s head.

"Yes, I hope. Though she shall not perform that again... Not like this".

"True. Thank you. Your needed out there, my queen. Please go, I can take care of the wounds", the small voice being Fluttershy whispered.

"Yes, there are more children who need me. Stay here and help Rainbow Dash. I`m sorry, but you must retire from your station until she is healthy enough to battle".

"As you say, miss".


The going may have been tough with Pinkie Pie, but it was only harder now.

After she disappeared from sight, changelings had ransacked the shelter and left Rarity with a sprained back hoof. She limped near her lunar tent, and made her way passed the fighting Lunar guards, and over to her tent.

It wasn`t there.

She looked around wildly, but noticed only dead soldiers and an empty spot where the tent should be.

"Captain Rarity! We bare terrible news" A bat pony guard came up to her. Her vision wavered. Her hoof tingled, the source that made her sprain beginning to itch.

"Your, and many other tents... They were picked raided and left gone, no trace of existence!" the bat pony stallion put a hoof to Rarity`s side.

"Miss! Are you okay...." Rarity answered with a small 'yes', but as soon as the guard left, her whole body began to tingle.

Her vision swirled, and moved in it`s own, creating imaginary gravity on her whole right side, where her sprain was.

It felt like she had just finished spinning.

A sharp pain inched it`s way into her head, causing her to lose focus.

"poison... I must... Must of- been p-poisoned..." She grasped her horn, which began to fizzle out random sparks of green energy.

Using her remaining consciousness, she managed a loud cry, "GUARDS!!!"... Before she fell onto the ground, fainted.

"Quick, get her!" A group of unicorns levitated her body and began to take her into the nearby tent.

"Look!" One cried, losing his grasp on her leg, before continuing to help. Her back right hoof was a mid-grey, fading into the normal white at her lowest leg joint.

"What is that?!" A female unicorn guard spat.

"I don`t know..." A stallion replied, bewildered.


Celestia bound up a rock, preparing to cast a long range spell.

Her horn had been glowing ever since she began to make her way, and she finally reached it. A broad cliff cut off, revealing the whole war zone.

"I hope this works" She sighed, charging her horn further, a giant ball of light appeared on the tip of her horn. It grew larger and larger, until it was at least two times the alicorn`s size.

Many of the ponies below were too busy killing or dying to noticed.

"Hya!" She cried as she let the energy loose. It crashed into a small area of the battle field, knocking out maybe fifty or so bat ponies and changelings. Her guards were left unharmed.

"Just a few more times-" Celestia mumbled, rustling her feathered wings.

"I don`t think so, sunny", a raspy female voice called out behind her. Celestia looked behind herself, to be greeted by a female bat pony, a changeling, and a stallion wearing mixed armor. They stood a few yards away, and their looks were of three black silhouettes against Celestia`s bright sun, which was slowly setting.

"You killed your own sister, Sunny. Why?" The female bat pony stepped forth.

"That`s Princess Celestia, to you" Celestia snapped.

"Your not answering her question" the stallion grunted.

"It had to be done" the princess answered, no sign of regret in her face- only annoyance.

"Celestia, you were once merciful and friendly" The changeling commented, "Now, after killing your sister in cold blood, you became a monster. Just. Like. us" the changeling whispered. Celestia did always refer to changeling`s as monsters. They were!

"Are you ready to die?" the female asked, smirking evilly.

"Surely three simple warriors like you cannot take me out?" Celestia laughed.

"No, but we can delay until another... One, comes" The changeling emphasized 'one', making Celestia wrinkle her nose in laughter.

"Come, try" She charged her horn.


"Pinkie Pie?" Twilight sparkle asked while holding a map onto the table.

"Yes?" she asked, her voice cracked.

"What about Rarity?".

"..." She didn`t answer.

"Pinkie Pie?" Twilight Sparkle turned around to face Pinkie Pie, whom was shaking uncontrollably.

"I-I don`t k-know Twilight..." She stammered, her hooves wrapped around the shaking legs, in a depressed position.

"Pinkie! Calm down!" Twilight shouted as she attempted to still Pinkie Pie.

"I don`t w-wanna lose a-another one!" She cried into her hooves. Twilight Sparkle sat beside her, her hoof around her back.

"It`s okay, Pinkie Pie. I`m sure she`s fine".


"No..." Rarity whimpered on the ground of her tent, a changeling standing before her.

"I don`t want to die... Please" She whispered through a bloody mouth. Celestia walked into her tent.

"Rarity" she said sternly, ignoring the petrified changeling.

"A changeling... Help me-" Rarity was cut off as Celestia levitated the white mare up to her face.

"You betrayed me, Rarity!" She growled.

"I couldn`t leave P-pinkie Pie behind..." Rarity whined softly.

"YOU BETRAYED ME!!!" Celestia screamed into her face. She slung the white mare into the ground.

"Ugh..." She whimpered as she felt blood ooze from her sides. Green blood. She wanted to scream, but just- couldn`t.

She laid flat on the floor, and finally allowed herself to black out.

"PINKIE PIE!" She screamed as she sat up suddenly. She was in a hay bed, not the ground. No blood flooded from her body, only red scrapes covered her flesh and coat.

"Good..." She sighed, relieved that event was just a nightmare.

She got out of bed, and stumbled over to the edge of her tent. Rain poured down on the ground, a soft chorus that blocked out the nearby war sounds... Sort of.

As Rarity began to make her way towards her pale white bed to rest, she happened to stumble and fall.

Crashing into the ground gave her a perfect view of her back leg. The infected one.

"Ah!!!" She screamed, a piercing voice of sharp fear.

Scrambling to her hooves, she decided it would be best to just- observe the injury.

Her leg was a pitch black, and her whole right flank was grey, covering her cutie mark. In some parts, her neck was turning grey in small spots, and her left front hoof was a dark grey, inching it`s way up her leg slowly.

"I`m dreaming i`m dreaming. Oh tell me i`m dreaming!" Rarity whined, much like from her dream.

After minutes of crying for mercy, she calmed down, slowly dragging her body over to her bed. It was just an infection, right?

It would go down in less than a day.

With these thoughts in her head, she climbed into bed and allowed herself some, hopefully, more peaceful sleep.


Celestia shot the stallion in his leg, cracking the armor once more. He lunged at her with his sword, but she blasted him into a rock.

"Die, you beast!" The female bat pony screeched as she buck Celestia in her side. The sun princess shot her in her side, causing her to fall a ways away, almost off the cliff.

The changeling turned into a timber wolf, and managed a scratch on Celestia before she blasted it to bits. In a green flame it became itself again, baring it`s sharp fangs in an attempt at intimidation. The armored stallion lunged yet again at Celestia.

This time, she buried her horn into his chest plate armor, through and into his flesh.

Blood trickled down her horn, and the earth pony stallion made small muffled whines, looking down at his bloodied chest.

Celestia lowered her horn and allowed the stallion to fall off onto the ground.

A glance at the female bat pony assured that she was dead from previous impact, and all that was left was the changeling.

It engulfed itself in a green flame. The flame whirled around it`s body, but Celestia could still see the changeling through it.

The monster`s hooves became whole, and it grew to the height of an alicorn. It`s wings became feathered and blue, along with it`s whole body. It`s hair grew into a short style, light blue and curved. The cutie mark shown a moon painted on a black background.

"Luna" Celestia gaped. She stopped the charging in her horn.

"Tia...?" The imposter sister croaked. She was on the floor in a laying down position.

"I-I..." Celestia made an attempt to shake away the imposters disguise from her mind.

-It`s a changeling, not my sister- Nothing worked. The image was too real. This was her sister.

"Lullay, are you okay?" Celestia began trotting over to her side, Luna wincing in fear that her sister would hurt her again.

"P-please don`t hurt me, Tia..." Luna croaked, leaving out the formal 'we'.

"It`s okay, my dear sister, I would never-" Celestia calmly said, tears forming and falling from her eyes.

"never hurt me?" Luna asked, lip trembling, "but you did. You did hurt me Tia. You-" Luna fell silent. Her pupils were shrunken into dots.

"Luna?!" Celestia saw shadows sweeping around her.

A black spear point stuck out of Luna`s back slightly.

"Tia..." Luna croaked, before vanishing in wisps of black shadows, rushing past Celestia, causing her droopy mane to whip back a bit.

Her eyes were filled with grief and regret.

"You never considered Luna as your sister, did you" A menacing voice boomed into Celestia`s head. The rain poured on her, making it hard not to fall to the ground.

"Yes, I did. I, I just... She almost ki-killed me".

"But she stopped, and allowed you to either kill her or give mercy. And what did you do? Kill her".

"STOP!!!" Celestia screamed at the voice.

Laughter was heard from around a corner of a large oak, hanging with vines that quickly withered into dust.

"So, you are a monster after all, Celestia..." A black stallion stepped from the oak, paying no mind as it withered into a dead tree of black moss.

"...You" Celestia glared defiantly.

"Yes. But to worst matters, one of your trusted- elements- is now dead" the stallion smirked. Celestia didn`t falter.

"The power of the elements are dead. Rainbow Dash is just another changeling. Rarity is just an archer. The only ones close to me are Twilight and-" Celestia stopped abruptly. The grey unicorn in front of her was laughing.

The princess widened her eyes in horror.

"A-Apple Jack? She`s... Dead?" She stammered.

"Most definitely" he replied.

Celestia sat on her haunches and stared blankly for a small while.

"Sombra" she snapped, coldly.

The stallion look behind himself, only to grin again.

"What?".

"...Die".

The stallion turned around and charged his curved horn. Celestia did the same, but had a devilish look in her eyes, the source of her fury lied within her irises.


Twilight Sparkle flashed crescent shaped blades of magic out at enemies, while Pinkie Pie knocked them out with a long knife. She had decided to leave AJ`s hammer behind, so that it wouldn`t have more blood on it when she cleaned it, and because the last thing she needed in battle right now was a heavy reminder of her loss.

"Twilight Sparkle! Can you take the right circle! I have this place under control!" Pinkie yelled under her flat pink hair.

Twilight nodded, "Of course. I`ll leave a bit of back up in case".

The alicorn summoned a silent spell, causing five guards to run to her.

"Three with me, you two, stay here with Pinkie" she ordered before galloping off to a thick swarm of blue and black.

The two guards gave confused glances.

"I`m with Solar now, you idiots! Now get those changelings!" Pinkie demanded, before bucking a bat pony in the face.

The guards nodded, joining in with their own sword and spear.


"Finally" Sombra said, as he and Celestia walked around each other, looking for a weak point. Though both ponies had themselves closely guarded.

"You. How didn`t you die?" The sun princess spat, asking about the crystal empire 'incident'.

"I did die... In a way" The stallion answered. That gave Celestia a loop for her thoughts.

"How did you get back?" she managed conversation between this tyrant, on the edge of clashing.

"I had, help".

"From what?" Celestia asked, eying one spot on Sombra that seemed legit for attack.

"Who, you mean. She`s a pony you know well".

"Wait... Stargleam?!".

"More or less".

"You idiot, possessing a pony doesn`t mean they helped you!".

"Who said I possessed her?!" He spat.

"..." Celestia fell silent.

"Exactly. And no, I didn`t possess her. She found me close to the ever free. I was regaining my strength right before the crystal empire. I trained her, and then she helped me in return" he said, flatly explaining the whole story.

"She... you said you trained her. So she wasn`t evil before then?".

"No, and nor is she now. She was always like this!".

"You gave her dark magic" Celestia stated.

"Yes. And taught her normal magic too. She knew nothing!" Sombra retorted, remembering that hard endeavor.

"Well. She`ll be sorry to hear..." Celestia sighed. Sombra perked up, levitating his ebony axe into a defensive position.

"That your dead".


Rarity blinked, waking from her light doze she had set into.

Her body was tingly, and as she finally got up, held in a scream.

She felt lighter, and there was a definite reason as to why.

Rarity gaped, as she stared at her legs. All four, from the hoof to the thigh, were black.

Holes dotted two legs, growing in size, the tingle-ish numb only becoming more dead.

A horrifying realization downed onto Rarity`s face.

"I-i`m becoming... A ch-changeling..." She stammered. She searched for ideas to hide this terrible fate.

Her back was a mid gray, and no cutie mark shown on Rarity. Her spine had begun to widen where the shell on her back would be, making it hard and boney.

"Clothes! I need clothes!" she scurried over to her small chest, and began to open it, only to remember. Her tent and all it`s contents had been lost.

Rarity sat down, tears streaming down her face. The only clothing in the chest was a small amulet and a... cloak.

She levitated the cloth out. It was a tattered black coat, ugly and dirty, but it would offer her cover.

And it had a hood!

As Rarity levitated the cloak to her leg, she pulled and (accidentally) ripped off some parts while putting on. Though she only got through part of it. A sudden burn engulfed her body.

"Ugh!" Rarity screamed, clutching her sides. They turned into a dark grey, and her shell finally closing it`s course, a hard shiny white, that quickly faded into purple.

Wings began to buzz out of her, but with out holes. They fluttered into the size of an Alicorn`s, light transparent colors, almost iridescent.

Rarity paid no heed to that though, as her horn began to curve and turn gray. Her ears thinned into slits that jutted from her head, and she grew fangs.

Her eyes slowly faded into a whole blue, much like that of a regular changeling`s.

"Ow..." Rarity grunted, as she released the hold from her side. She gasped for air as the networks inside her body shifted into that of a lighter, more constructive one.

Soon, Rarity`s body had become that of the Changeling race, horn to hoof. Her hair had holes in it, but was over all still formal.

"Oh no..." she managed.

"Captain!" A voice down a few tents called out.

"I`ve got to move... I`ve got to move..." Rarity repeated, before taking the amulet in the chest, for keep sakes. She trotted out from the tent. The earth pony guard that had called for her was on the verge of coming in, and so Rarity ducked beside the tent.

She slipped the cloak on from her head, and raised the hood to stop from being drenched by the rain.

Her horn stuck out of the black cloth, keeping it in place.

"Captain, there`s been a breach in the left hoof security! We need a marks... Man..." The guard trailed off. He looked around.

"Captain?".

"No answer".

The brown pony shrugged. Maybe she had just been called somewhere else. He trotted off, his dark armor made for bat ponies shifting awkwardly on his thicker back.

"I need to get out of here..." Rarity mumbled, "And fast...".


"Look, there are too many changelings!" Pinkie yelled over the screeching of changelings.

"I don`t care! We need to secure this area! If we don`t, they`ll be able to spread out over to the the left square zone!" Twilight argued back.

Pinkie stopped short and thought. The area they fought in was over run with changelings. Bat ponies were of no concern now, not with the mob of black.

"Alright! Fine. But we need to hold them back" Pinkie replied.

"...Okay. i`ll send in a dozen guards" Twilight snapped as she jumped back from a fanged attack, twirling around to counter the being.

"Guards!!! Hold these monsters back!!!" She yelled. Together the two ponies galloped back some distance away to kill the spies and sleek ones. Some got past, but only a few, which were soon brought down by a knife.

"Good, were clear. But why are there so many of them?" Pinkie asked, just as she bucked a changeling.

"I don`t know. You think the Lunar camp is this over-run?" Twilight questioned, but silenced as she remembered Pinkie`s stance and loyalty to them.

"No... I don`t." Pinkie sighed, ignoring her comment as best possible. What had she killed now, about twenty of her brethren?

"Alright, good. We need to make sure nothing gets through" Twilight conformed. With a sigh, Pinkie Pie grabbed her hammer and galloped off, preparing to kill more of her brothers and sisters.


Light wisps of magic struggled as they pushed against the dark shadows.

Celestia whipped around and bucked at black vines that grew towards her. The stallion in front of her charged, his axe positioned for the kill.

She leapt to the air, her wings beating and bending the wind to her whim.

"Give up, Sombra!" She yelled, her voice a booming echo.

"Hah. You think i`m that stupid?" The grey stallion smirked, his voice challenging hers.

She faltered her flight, tumbling down towards him.

"Hmph" he snorted.

Celestia spread her wings backwards, propelling her body faster.

The two ponies collided, a field of dust spreading out from them. Silence filled the area.


Rarity flew out with her insect wings. She had been going for a little while, but she needed to rest. And now.

She spotted a small clearing, with a large live oak. No pony seemed to be there, it was ideal. She landed on her legs, but soon crippled to her stomach. She felt, drained...

"W-who`s there?" Rarity heard a croak. It was coming from the tree. She immediately prepared her bow, which she was lucky enough to have remembered to bring.

A thin black hoof appeared from the back of the oak.

Then the tip of pink hair.

Then the body.

The yellow back.

The pink insect wings.

The light pale eyes.

"Fluttershy!" Rarity waled, as she raced over to her old friends, whom stood like a deer in headlights.

"R-rarity?" she squeaked.

"Yes, darling. It`s me..." the white backed changeling responded, ignoring her dulled fashion appeal.

"Rarity..." Fluttershy hugged her, the two just happy about seeing each other somewhere besides the battle field.

"Fluttershy?" a rough light voice caught both ponies attention.

"Oh, Rainbow Dash! D-don`t move!" the frail changeling raced over to a rainbow haired one, who was limping as she stood up.

"Oh dear, Rainbow Dash!" Rarity gasped . She rushed to Rainbow`s side, helping Flutteshy with slowly putting her back down.

"No, i`m okay" Rainbow protested, though she was a beggar to a prince in this fight. The two ponies put her down on the soft thick grass.

"Poor thing, you need to rest!" Rarity confirmed.

"Rarity... I thought you were in the Lunar republic! how are you a changeling...?" Fluttershy asked.

"I don`t know, I got a bite on this leg..." Rarity pointed to her back right hoof. Fluttershy stared in shock.

"A bite...? I thought you could only change via cocoon..." She sighed.

"That` s odd... I- I feel weak, I think I should stay here, Fluttershy. Will you let me?" Rarity asked sheepishly.

"Oh- Of course. I, uh, need help with Rainbow right now, if you don`t mind".

"Of course not. Here, let me help".


"Help! I need backup!" Pinkie screamed as she struggled, cornered by over a dozen ponies. They were mostly bat ponies, but a few blue eyes resulted in changelings.

"Twilight!!!" She yelled. The ponies got closer.

And closer.

And closer.

One bat pony`s eye shrunk. A few paused, and went to feel their sides. Something was wrong.

"Gah!!!" A changeling screamed as he was brought back into the air, over the battle field.

Pinkie took this time and bucked a few in the face, while allowing herself time to race out of there.

Twilight was standing a bit a ways away, shooting purple spikes into the ponies, their blood splattering onto the pink fur of Pinkie Pie.

Quickly, Pinkie climbed up to meet Twilight, and they together raced away, up sloping side towards a cliff.

"Thank you" Pinkie sighed.

"No need. Think of it as a gratitude debt" Twilight said rather flatly, "C`mon. I saw Celestia head this way before. I think she may need a bit of help" Twilight answered.

A few ponies were lined up on the edges of the mountainous area, and trees also dotted it`s area, making enemies more than likely to inhabit the land, filthy-ing it`s scene of glory with blood.


A white alicorn stood, her sharp bloody teeth flaring smoke.

Her eyes were shrunken red slits, and her mane was a flowing, living fire. Her ears were broken into smoke at the end.

Her wings were three, sharp tan orange and yellow spikes, curved at an angle at one part, but were over all straight.

She bore spiked hoof shoes, orange like fire.

And her cutie mark bore a sun, but with straight rays, not curvy free ones.

"Sister... why?" a small blue figure under her croaked, she held a hoof to her chest, which was leaking scarlet liquid.

The white alicorn`s evil grin faded into concern.

"Luna?!" she screamed.

"Tia..." Luna whispered.

"L-Luna... What have I done?!" Celestia cursed to herself.

Luna whimpered, gaining her sister`s attention.

"It`s okay, sister. Rest. Rest, Lullay" she bent down to her blue and red sister, putting her hoof softly on her face.

"Tia... I`m... Dying..." The moon princess sighed, her eyes filled with pain, bright, but dulling.

"no, no sister. Your not, just hold on... Please" Celestia whispered, ignoring her own figure of terror.

"yes, I am... You did this..." Luna winced, her eyes duller than before.

"Don`t say that!" Celestia snapped. Her eyes welled with tears, and her lips quivered.

"Why do I always have to relive this?!" she screamed in her head.

"Tia... I can`t feel my body..." Luna whispered. She was beginning to close her eyes.

"No. No, just- just stop. Don`t go" Celestia whimpered. She streamed clear blue tears from her sharp eyes, which were half way closed.

"Tia..." Luna had almost closed her eyes fully, causing Celestia to panic.

"No! Luna, STOP!!!" she screamed at her sister.

Luna didn`t respond.

"LUNA!!!" She sent an ear piercing cry out of her lungs.

"Luna... No" the soft maned white alicorn stood, gaping for air.

Her eyes were flared green, purple mists flowing from them. The stallion before her smirked, and held in a laugh. The alicorn had been ranting on about her sister as if she stood before herself. Don`t die! No! cheap tears.

When she`d killed her before, it was pure cold blood. Nothing else.

No tears, no cries, no sadness. There was laughter though. Oh yes, there was laughter.

That little sun princess laughed as her sister perished.

Now, this cold blood murderer sat defenseless, and weak.

He stepped towards the sun goddess.

And again.

"Luna..." Celestia whimpered.

The purple mist was slowly fading. Sombra, now stood one hoof-length away from her. She had small gasps of air.

Celestia sat surprisingly close to the cliff, and a push to her side...

Sombra fazed, waiting for Celestia to snap out of her nightmare.


"I`m okay now" Rainbow croaked.

"She can walk, Fluttershy. I think we should let her exercise her legs".

"... I don`t know...".

"Look, you two! I can f-fight now!" Rainbow cried, one hoof over a long stick. A temporary walking stick.

"No, you can`t!" Fluttershy squealed, " Your lucky i`m letting you walk!".

"Fluttershy`s right, darling. You need to rest! Er, well, not fight" Rarity chipped in.

They began to trot towards Rainbow Dash, but the changeling only retorted.

"No! The hive needs me! They need another fighter!" she growled. No pony would hear them out here, which earned a silent thank you from Fluttershy.

"Come here, Dashy. You could help more later. Now? you`d get killed in a heartbeat!" Fluttershy cried.

Rainbow threw her stick into nearby mud, struggling as she steadied on four light hooves.

"S-see?! I can do it!!!" Rainbow shouted.

She made an attempt to fly away, but to no avail.

"Rainbow, you can`t even fly yet. Your wing`ll take at least a year to heal" the pink haired changeling reasoned.

"A... Y-year?" Rainbow dash stopped.

"Yes, darling. It`s half way gone!" Rarity prodded the transparent wing, earning a slap on her hoof from Fluttershy.

"Oh... I..." Rainbow dropped to her haunches.

"Yes, Rainbow. Rest now" Fluttershy combed the tattered rainbow mane with her hoof.

"Rest now".


"Are we almost there?!" Pinkie asked through a tiny gap in breathe.

"Yes, were almost there. Actually right after a few more curves here, we should be there!" Twilight yipped as she jumped a log.

Pinkie sighed. They had run for so long now.

"Are you sure Celestia`s okay?" she asked.

"Of course! You saw how she handled her sister! I mean, it was just a one sided argument! Horn to chest and poof, done".

"...Right" Pinkie looked to her back, silently growling curses to the, 'beloved' sun queen.

"Look! just around that oak!" Twilight rushed ahead, ignoring the black rotted bark of the tree she had just named. Pinkie pressed on, trying to forget her fatigue.

"Princess Celestia! I`m here! I brought Pinkie Pie and-" Twilight stopped in her tracks. Her wings ruffled in the cold breeze that passed through her feathers.

Sombra stood, looking forward. Celestia`s eyes shot open. She stared at Twilight, for the small second, as the ground underneath her became nothing but air. Sombra`s right hoof was up.

He had pushed her.

"Twilight!!!" Celestia cried, as she fell from the cliff. Pinkie Pie witnessed it all, but gave no sound, as nor did Sombra.

"Celestia!" Twilight shouted. She galloped to the edge of the cliff, and, without hesitation, jumped down towards her falling Princess.

Ponies from far into the field could see a glimmer of white fall down steadily, though with Twilight`s point of view, it was all in slow motion. Celestia held out a hoof to Twilight, whom aimed to grab it.

She scraped the edge of the princess` golden armor in her efforts. Magic did nothing, not without the proper focus.

The only thing that fluttered Twilight`s mind was Celestia.

"Celestia, fly! Please!" Twilight cried.

She knew that wouldn`t happen though. Celestia`s left wing was torn.


"C`mon, Rainbow Dash, we can`t do anything now. Lets go back to the hive, alright?" Fluttershy asked, as she and Rarity prepared to leave.

"But I... My wing..." Rainbow croaked.

"It`ll heal... Just, just come, darling. We need to rest, I feel arguably weak" Rarity put in.

Rainbow Dash sat for a second, but nodded.

"I... I understand. Let`s go" Rainbow got up, shakily. Fluttershy helped her along, but motioned to Rarity to rest as much as possible.

"It`s okay, Rainbow Dash. It`s over now" Fluttershy whispered in her friends ear, whom sighed and nodded.

"Let`s go home".


The bleached alicorn gave a small smile as they plummeted towards the ground, though Twilight had to slow a bit to stop from crashing.

Celestia hit the ground around her, forming an explosion of dust. Sombra watched, and smiled as he nodded to a certain unicorn nearby.

"Celestia!" Twilight yelled. She landed next to her frail princess softly. Her feathers were tattered and beaten from the fall.

No ponies came to attack, they understood this silence. It was fate`s tale now.

"Twilight..." Celestia croaked. Her back seemed to be curved too far back, and one leg was positioned at an unnatural angle.

"It`s me, Celestia. It`s me" Her protegee whispered as she leaned in towards Celestia.

"Twilight, I-I can`t f-feel my legs..." She smiled, an opposite look to her cracked voice.

"I know, Tia. I know".

"I`m going to die... Aren`t I?" Twilight`s teacher spoke softly, as if to cover up her pain.

"N-no, your not. Your gonna live, your gonna recover" Twilight stated firmly, over her teared voice.

"Yes I am, my dear Twilight. B-but" Celestia coughed out blood, which spilled over her mouth.

"No, your not! Please... Don`t let go on me... Please" Twilight croaked, she placed her hooves over Celestia`s quickly numbing body. Twilight focused on making the numbing quicker. It could save her! If her body was numb enough too...

-Stop it, Twilight, you know it won`t work- the purple pony snapped at herself.

"T-Twilight" Celestia whimpered.

"Yes, Tia?".

"I need to give you one last command, f-for the f-fate of our war".

"Tia, I will carry out every thing you say, be it your body is with Star clan or on Equestria" Twilight stated, but her voice was cracked.

"G-good, Twilight. Thank you" the alicorn stammered. her mane was no longer enchanted, but strewn across the rock and dirt, a dull and quickly paling mixture of three soft colors.

"Celestia?!" Twilight panicked at her fastly dying friend.

"I-i`m here, Twily. I`m here" Celestia croaked. She ran a hoof through Twilight`s matted hair.

"Please, tell me, Princess. What is our fate?" Twilight asked, she placed a hoof on Celestia`s chest.

There was a long silence.

"War".

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this! It took about two months or so, which is actually a lot for me. :twilightsheepish:

Please tell me of you liked it, and please like, favorite, dis like, comment, or something to tell me how good or bad I did, or what I could do better next time! (please tell me how sad the two main deaths were, I aimed for crying sad, but I don`t really know how well that went).:twilightblush:

Please forgive my sentence spacing, when I did the auto indent button, it messed up the placements:applejackunsure:. I would like to get this story on the front page, if possible, so please support me for more sad long stories like this~:rainbowkiss:

Thank you and have a nice day! ~[,,_,,]:3 :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 12 )
Comment posted by Doukzor deleted Jul 29th, 2015
Comment posted by Doukzor deleted Jul 29th, 2015
Comment posted by Doukzor deleted May 14th, 2017
Comment posted by Doukzor deleted Jul 29th, 2015
Comment posted by Doukzor deleted Jul 29th, 2015

This was pretty great! Would like to see a sequel:pinkiehappy:

6257858 Thank you! Some pony who likes this!:pinkiecrazy:

I planned a sequeal prequeal thing, I might go through with it, but right now i`m busy with a short one chapter. A few, actually.:twilightsmile::twilightsheepish:

Cool little concept here letting the readers try to come up with a backstory for the chaos and such. It helped a lot by letting me make mine own little head cannon for the prologue of this story (aka I liked it/loved it) :pinkiehappy:

It's alright 7/10

6259118 Thank you so much!:pinkiecrazy:

I`m glad I could help you too!:rainbowkiss:

6259241 Thank you for the rating!:twilightsmile:
It helps me in reasoning my story~:raritywink:

this story is extremely... Old and bad, really bad. I might make a spin-off one day!~
Constructive criticism was very helpful, thank you so much!

Login or register to comment