• Published 20th Jul 2015
  • 3,317 Views, 46 Comments

The Grudge - WickedLSDragon



A human has been in Equestria for some time now. The dragons have learned of his presence and pleaded to Celestia to give him over so that justice can be taken against the race that chased them from their home. Instead, a debate will decide his life.

  • ...
10
 46
 3,317

Debate: Part One

Author's Note:

Hey, if you don't like it and leave a thumbs down, tell me why. Do you honestly expect me to get better by just saying that my story sucks? You have to show me what I did wrong so I can learn and fix it. Otherwise, I will just stay as terrible as I am. Thanks for reading.:twilightsmile:

"Welcome, one and all. Ladies and gentlecolts, dragonesses and dragons, today begins a debate that shall decide the fate of the sole human in Equestria. You were given poll cards as you entered the stadium, I ask that you please wait until the debate has concluded before casting your vote into one of three boxes at each exit.

The votes will be tallied, and the decision revealed at noon tomorrow. Now, I introduce to you, the representative of the Draconic Republic, Kaileena Aethil Tiamat. She is a dragoness of forty-seven cycles, and is an honorary keeper of the dragons' history and lore. She follows in the claws of her grandwyrm, and his before him. She has proven her intellect, wit, and mental prowess to her race's elders.

This is the reason for her being chosen for the task of convincing us ponies that the human should not be protected, and instead eradicated. Give her a warm welcome, and stomp your approval for Kaileena, keeper of knowledge." Celestia announces with a magically enhanced voice that carries her tone, calm and soothing like a crystal lake on a clear summer day. A dragoness, roughly the size of the solar diarch on all fours, steps up to her podium on the right side of the stage. She moves with a grace and fluidity like that of a running river. Yet she holds a regal pose that radiates controlled strength. Her scales, a shimmering iridescent violet and sapphire sea that sparkles in Celestia's light. She calmly seats herself behind the onyx podium and keeps her look of calm as she waits for her opponent.

"Now, for the one who requested this debate" gasps and surprised exclamations fill the air. Even Kaileena appears shocked by this revelation, breaking her stoic expression and adopting one of uncertainty. "He is a human from a world that is unknown to us. A world where the dragons claim to have originated from. He is eighteen cycles experienced, and stands for his entire race.

He wishes to mend any misconceptions and ill feelings that may be had of his species. And he has agreed, that should the decision of the audience be his demise, he shall abide willingly and without resistance. Please, stomp your approval for Nico Kai Aldaine." Celestia finishes with a hint of a sigh, but otherwise her trepidations are well concealed. The centuries of practice rendering the task familiar and automatic.

Hooffalls become heard as a tall, lanky figure emerges from behind the stage. It walks on two legs, and lacks fur. It has a mane of black, straight hair that resides underneath a pitch dark fedora. It billows softly around his shoulders in the breeze that rolls through the stadium. The long, dark strands waving and caressing his upper torso. He is garbed in a suit of onyx, giving him an ominous presence. The long, hanging black coat that envelops his body is rustled by the wind as well, giving the illusion of an ever-changing form. Only his hands and face remain open to the world.

The applause dies away as the ominous figure approaches his side of the stage. Calm, even strides carry him to his podium. He gazes out to the crowd, analyzing some of the faces he finds. He locates some friends here and there, and some enemies. After scanning the audience, his sight shoots across the stage to his opponent. She narrows her gaze as he examines her, and her him.

After searching each other's bodies, their eyes meet and lock into each other. Her, with restrained hate. His, with a softened sadness. He wears a look of wisdom beyond his years, and this puzzles the dragoness. She was told to expect a raging barbarian, not a dressed up sorrowful intelligence. She steeled her resolve, she was here to claim retribution against the race that had wronged and humiliated her and her family. She would not be deterred by this sad-looking ape.

Celestia began by introducing the rules of the debate. "Each representative will have five minutes for their opening arguments. After that, each will be given thirty minutes to prove their case with examples, evidence, and reason. Then, a five minute intermission will be provided for the audience to write down questions. They will be taken up and I will present them. I will skip foolish, or repeat inquiries. After all of your questions are answered, each party will be allowed to cross examine the other for a period of thirty minutes.

Then, closing arguments shall be presented by both sides. Upon the conclusion of the closing arguments, you are all free to fill out your voting cards and put them inside of the box that represents your vote on the life of the human. Since he is on trial for his life, Nico has the right to open first. However, before the debate, Nico informed me that he wished for his opponent to present first. So, Kaileena, you may begin. You have five minutes." Celestia stepped back, and seated herself on a throne of wood between the two debaters, her ethereal mane flowing within an undetected breeze.

Kaileena took a calming breath, and slowly released her swirling thoughts. When she spoke, her voice sounded like a smooth melody that was carried by a flowing autumn breeze. Beautiful would be too lacking of a word for the description of her vocals, yet beautiful is all that exists to describe it.

"All who are present, soon you shall learn the truth of the barbaric race known as humans. They are evil, destructive, murderers who leave nothing but pain, suffering, and death in their wake. Their vileness knows no bounds. So succumbed are they to their own evil, that they even tear apart their own race, their own families, their own children. They torture for the fun of it. They kill for the sport of it. They hang their kills as trophies in their own homes. They seek to annihilate other humans if there is any difference between them. They seek power over everything that exists. They seek the power to destroy everything.

Once, my race had called Earth our home. We had prospered and cared for the world for many, many generations. Then, two hundred thousand cycles ago, a new creature had appeared. They were very much like monkeys or apes. Except that they lacked tails and fur. They compensated by killing other life and taking their skins to keep themselves warm. They were small in numbers at first, and my race had no reason to see them as a threat. But then, after many years these humans began to multiply and invent buildings and weapons to help them conquer everything.

Large nations collided in battle and many perished. My race saw their suffering and sought to help them live in coexistence and peace. But they saw us as a threat, and feared us as monsters. They began to turn their weapons on us. And the great wyrms of old discovered a solution. They began to abduct and kidnap lone humans. For they knew that humans could speak, but it was a language unknown by dragons. So they took humans and kept them. They cared for them and through this process, they learned to speak in the human's tongues. But, the rest of the human's saw this as proof of our monstrosity. And they became even more aggressive towards us. Seeking and tracking dragons to their caves and killing them while they slept, smashing their eggs and massacring young hatchlings.

They even began to unite their nations against us. But whenever we sent a negotiator that could speak human, they were killed and their bodies paraded around the town. So we began to fight back, for survival. We attacked their strongholds, their weapon supplies, and their food sources. We also began to abduct more humans. We wanted to convince enough of them that we wanted peace. And we succeeded. By the time the race war was twenty cycles old, we had a group of Two hundred convinced humans. But we had lost many of our own to gain them.

When we sent them to convince their people, they were attacked and labeled as witches and devil followers. Many died. And many had formed deep, strong bonds with their dragon caretakers. And many of the caretakers rained down their sorrow and rage upon the human race. Only a few pairs of dragons and humans survived. It was after the day of retribution that our elders decided to abandon our homelands, and move to another part of the world. Some flew across the oceans, some went south into the deserts, some even went to the frozen north thinking to escape the humans in the freezing cold of the arctic. But most fled East, into foreign lands. But upon arriving there, they found humans had infected the land of the unknown as well.

However, these humans were different. They had enormous cities, and farming fields. They seemed much more advanced than their western counterparts. And when they saw us dragons, they erected shrines and temples in our honor. They thought us to be gods and revered us as such. But, my race had already tasted what evil humans could do. Since there was no escape from these humans on this world, we would find another. The elders gathered all of their race that they could at the various sites of power, and performed an ancient magic that harnessed the inner fire of every dragon to take them to another world where they could prosper, and live in peace. And that place was Equestria. This is what humans drove us to do. Do you really want the same for yourselves?" She finishes with a heavy tone as she posed her question to the audience. She sits back and looks to her family and friends that are in the dragon side of the gathering.

Her gaze is met with approving nods and the approving drumming of claws as they applaud her speech. The ponies were too shocked and appalled to do anything but stare, wide-eyed at the human before them. Some sneered their contempt towards him. Others regarded him in fear. Could he really be that dangerous, that cruel, some thought. All of their views on the human had changed over the course of Kaileena's story.

Well, Nico thought, I do have my work cut out for me. He stood at his podium, looked at his beautiful enemy, and began to speak. His hoarse, smoky voice amplified by the microphone on his podium. A number of mares, and a few stallions, felt a sensual shiver run down their spines. As did Kaileena, however she reasoned it to be a shiver of disgust. "Kaileena, that was wonderfully presented and well iterated. I commend your ability to tell a captivating, if slightly sorrowful and biased, tale." The dragonesses suppressed a growl that began to crawl up her throat.

"However, much of that was unfortunately very true and accurate. My ancestors were barbaric, violent, and ignorant. Actually, it could be argued that not much has changed. We still fight and kill each other over land, resources, pride, and beliefs. We always have. But, we also have many who plead to stop the violence. We have many who are involved in charities that help those in need. We have those who risk their lives to save others from harm or burning buildings or even from sinking ships. There is bad in my race, yes. But there is good as well. And if you could just see how much we have grown since you were last on Earth. We now try to stop others from destroying forests. We try to save endangered species. We try to live in peace. We haven't succeeded yet, but we are trying. Most of us are. But it's difficult to make seven billion individuals agree on anything. I propose that humans are vile and evil, but no more so than any other race. We have good and bad. Are the good to be punished for the sins of others that they detest? Are the sons to be punished for their father's failings? Are we to condemn the innocent for some self gratification of a misplaced anger?

Hopefully your conscience prevents you from choosing the morally incorrect answers. The past is the past. We must not forget it, lest we risk the same mistakes recurring in the present. But we can forgive. Change and healing is possible.

This should not be an open wound, but a scar. A reminder of pain, and sorrow. But also a badge of acceptance, and forgiveness. I beg of you to not hold onto the past, for you are just holding open the wound and refusing to let it heal. Do not allow history to haunt you and future generations, that is not the existence that you deserve, that they deserve. If you were to revisit earth now, do you know what would happen? You would be feared by some, revered by others, and protected and welcomed by more.

Most of my race would be delighted to get to know you. As of right now, you are thought of as nothing more than a fairytale. A story to fascinate and captivate our imaginations. There are stories about you that we tell our children. You are seen as the pinnacle of mystery, power, wisdom, and fantasy. Most people that I have met and spoken with have stated that they loved dragons and the fascinating wonder they hold.

We have innumerable books and stories that hold you in a benevolent light. And many that form deep bonds between humans and dragons. Perhaps we have forgotten the truths of our two species' history, but we were young and ignorant. Like newborn hatchlings we raged at the world and took what we could and feared the unknown. And we are still young, but we are growing up. Slowly but surely, we are realizing our mistakes and fixing them. I am deeply sorry for all of the pain and sorrow that we have caused. But we don't have to be enemies anymore. I am offering my friendship with you all, and I will never retract it, not even if you kill me. I want a resolution to this age old crime as well, but it won't be resolved by my death. It will be resolved when we can move past this tragedy, and embrace one another in peace, and harmony." Rumbling applause commenced as he concluded by giving Kaileena a sad, quivering smile. He seemed to look through her, into her very being. She felt exposed and vulnerable in his melancholic gaze. She hated this feeling of weakness, and hated this silver-tongued manipulator even more. Her fury burned in her eyes as she disconnected from their staring contest.

She scans the crowd, assessing their thoughts. Many seem to be softened by his plea, and appear sympathetic. He was drawing on their weaknesses of emotion. Very well, she thought, two can play. She addresses the crowd with a hint of vehemence poisoning her tone.

"Sweet words, but I fear they are laced with deceit and manipulation. The debate is about the danger of your race, which you have admitted to. The humans are cruel, and violent. They will do evil things, sooner or later. They are masters of deceit and manipulation. They have much practice with bending others to their will, even if doing so without drawing notice. There are countless examples which we have documented where humans have manipulated each other for insidious intentions. They have an entire group of their militia dedicated to such deceit and mistruth. Their 'spies' pretend to be something that they are not, an ally. They earn trust, and break it down along with their enemies lives. They also use deceit when trying to administer justice and seeking truth. They bend and twist words and facts to suit their purpose. They rarely say outright what they mean. They are not to be trusted, for they will break it without remorse or honor." Kaileena pauses and gauges the ponies' reaction. They are intently focused on her as she presents her case. Some seem to be swayed back to her side, others remain unsure or against her. Time to spill blood, she thought.

"Once, there were two major civilizations of humans. They were the two biggest tribes that had risen through the years. When they discovered each other's existence, they both immediately mobilized their armies. The humans that we had in our care at the time informed us that the two groups were known as Sumer and Akkad. Sumer resided between two great rivers, Akkad was positioned alongside one of the rivers a great distance away. Akkad, lead by a man called Sargon of Akkad, began a conquest and captured many settlements after conquering Sumer. And when humans won in combat, they pillaged and took whatever pleased them. Coin, animals, women and children. They enslaved any that could be set to work and labor. The slaves were treated as nothing more than tools to be used and then discarded. The women were treated as chattel and property. Many were mated against their will, and many died in childbirth. These beings were this cruel to their own kind, what do you think they might do if given the chance to conquer Equestria?" Another pause for emphasis and effect. Then she resumes.

"And their vileness could have only grown with time. They would invent new weapons of death and destruction that could make their previous ones pale in comparison. They seem to fundamentally be fueled by conflict and battle. Some may be more peaceful, but not enough of them are. There are simply too many that revel in their ignorance and malice. It is for the greater benefit of all of you, and all of us that we wish to keep humans from tainting this magnificent world with their stain of violence and entropy. They are far too unpredictable to be trusted to not raze our home.

It is better to be secure in the knowledge of solace, rather than be regretful when tragedy occurs. And tragedy will occur if humans were to find and enter Equestria. This is something my entire race can agree with, and present our honor to uphold it's truth. I..." Kaileena continued with her persuasions, drawing vivid and graphic scenes of blood and horror with her words and descriptions.

The human race was her enemy, and she was cutting them down with the sharp edge of her tongue. She provided more accounts of battle and slavery, of rape and plundering, of humans and their demons. By the time she reached her conclusion, all present were appalled and horrified to their very core. She had done well in instilling a mistrust and repulsion within the mass of ponies before her. "I finish by asking, do you really want a monster with you, among you, next to you?" Her cynical tone had provided the answer to her query. And she relaxed a bit, her throat and maw much dryer than before her speech. Maybe I should have gotten a drink, she thought.

The human does not begin right away, instead he studies the female dragon that is so intent on proving him to be the most malicious creature to ever exist. His sorrow and sympathy only deepen as he gazes into the flames of hate that burn in her eyes. Damn, if only, he thinks.

"Once again, most of what Kaileena spoke of is true to an extent. But she has a habit of focusing on the bad, the unfortunate events. And this is normal, everyone does it. It is how organisms are hardwired to remember things. The bad memories have a stronger, more vivid impact than the good ones. This is so we stay away from the bad things, and this is a very good survival strategy.

But in today's era, it can lead to many mistakes, and false assumptions. We are no longer in the wilderness trying to escape predators, we are a civilized nation that wants to grow and prosper and help others prosper with us. And that is what my race has been moving towards this entire time. We still have many different countries, and we still have ongoing wars and strife. But we have much less of it than we used to. We send medical professionals overseas to help those that are sick and need assistance. We send food, shelter, and supplies to less fortunate nations and we try our best to educate them and help build up their civilization.

Some still want violence and suffering, but those ideas are commonly seen as outdated and barbaric. Trophy hunting is majorly frowned upon, as is war and conquering other people. All that you have to go off of is some bits and pieces of our ancient history that is over six thousand years ago.

A lot happens in six thousand years, a lot of bad and a lot of good. And the good of mankind just keeps rising as we age and grow up and realize what truly matters. For example, about seventy five years ago, one nation rose to power and convinced other nations to aid it. These nations began to wage war on all of the civilizations that would not join them or oppose them. Some of these nations were intent on genocide and world domination. But many of the world's nations allied and stopped these warmongers. The war was so catastrophic and so many nations were in it that it was known as a world war. It was actually our second, we had one about thirty years before that one. We lost over sixty million lives to the violence.

That incident is remembered as a tragedy, all wars are remembered as tragedies. There was another event that happened fourteen years ago. Some men hijacked four planes, and crashed two of them into buildings. Over two thousand perished in the fire and flames. But some threw themselves out of the windows of buildings that were over a thousand hooves tall. They would rather die in such a manner than burn to death. This too is looked back upon as a tragedy, a disaster. Why do I bring up these atrocities? It seems that I would be defeating my purpose. Well allow me to apply perspective.

Over six thousand years ago, when the dragons first arrived in Equestria, what was included among their food sources? Ponies. But now they look back on this in sorrow and remorse. What happened when they fought the griffins for gems and gold? Many died. This too is looked upon now as a tragedy. Mistakes are a part of every race. All we can do is hope to learn and move forward, become better. Dragons have done this, and so have humans. Even ponies are not without their sins. When you were all still in tribal societies, did you not war with each other? Were lives not lost and slaves taken? This is now looked upon as a tragedy.

Humans have done terrible things, but we have learned and are learning from our mistakes, just as all of you have. Humans have amazing potential to do wonderful things, but that can't happen unless we are given a chance." Nico continues to reason and plead with the dragons and ponies listening. He sees that much of his argument is causing intense consideration in the ponies, and even a few dragons. He finishes his lecture with a dilemma

"I have hurt others, I have caused pain. I have destroyed property, and I have been cruel at times. I have done bad, and I have done worse. But I have not killed, I have not raped, I have not tortured. In these trespasses, I am innocent. You have a grudge against those who hurt you and your ancestors, but they are long dead. Your hate should have been buried with them. I have done nothing wrong to you. Do you care to prove me wrong? What offense have I committed that warrants the taking of my life? That commands you murder me?

If you do not let go of your anger, you will become the same monsters that you hate. Even if you kill me, your anger will stay. You will gain nothing but a body and guilt. Anger is a very corrosive thing, a very destructive thing. Anger only hurts the ones who are angry. Your collective rage does not bring back loved ones, it does not punish those responsible. It hurts you and blinds you. Holding onto your anger is like drinking poison, and expecting the one you hate to die. It is an acid that eats away at it's container. Holding hate is punishing yourself for the mistakes of others. Please, think about it. I have not harmed you, everyone who lives on my planet has never hurt you. So why are we receiving your hate for the ones who did?"

An ominous silence holds everyone in the amphitheater in its heavy embrace. No one moves, all quietly contemplate the human's revelations. Nico is the first to break the monotonous trance. He turns and walks off stage, smoothly and fluidly. His dark coat trails behind as he vanishes past the crimson curtains that hang on the sides of the stage.

Celestia approaches the front of the stage, even she seems distracted by her thoughts. "We will now take a five minute intermission for our contenders to rest, and for you all to fill out the inquiry cards with your questions. You do not have to pose a query, but if you wish to ask either speaker something, this is your opportunity for clarification and answers." The regal ruler then exits the stage where Nico did. Her graceful strides flow with the same fluidity of her mane.

Kaileena gave one last sweep of the crowd to assess their positions. It seems that the human is rather clever, her thoughts course through her mind as she leaves to join her family. But the truth will be revealed, just as soon as I get to question him myself.

Low murmurs and hushed whispers of conversation permeate the air as members of the audience discuss the debate and each case amongst themselves. Most are sympathizing with the human, however some are thoroughly convinced of his race's inherent malice. Questions are written as each crowd member seeks for more clarification.

The dragons that were present numbered at about thirty in an audience of three hundred. Many press ponies were in attendance to get the inside scoop on the story of a lone human standing against the dragons all alone. This was currently the hottest and most widely followed story in Equestria. Before the debate, the interviewers questioned the group of dragons on why they despised the humans so deeply when not many of them had encountered one themselves. They had replied by saying that they were taught by their parents and grandparents, and that a race's rage never dies.

Nico was in one of the dressing rooms, pacing, anxious. His calm demeanor was a mask and shield that hid his vulnerability from others. It was one more thing that he shared in common with the princess. They were both quite similar, and both became fast friends. Nico's thoughts wandered to his first day in Equestria. When Nico had first arrived, he found himself in a room with six hooded figures. The memory played as he walked the perimeter of the room.



Arrival



Each one stands at the edge of the circular design that he is centered in. The "paint" that was used to draw the sigil was a mixture of blood, pony ashes, and ground up unicorn horns. He arrived with nothing but his body and mind, not even clothing covered him from the chill air that pierced his flesh. He was in a state of disbelief and disorientation, but he shortly broke that perception and asked the figures where he was, and what was happening. Each of the six wore black, hooded robes. And when they spoke, they spoke as one. The combined voices of grown men, women, elderly, and children mixed into one. It was a sound that sent ice pumping through his veins.

"You are where you're wanted. Lessons must be taught, lessons must be learned. For if they are not, then the balance is risked. It must remain balanced, or many perish, and many prosper."

Nico was understandably confused, and fearful. They had not been aggressive or violent with him yet, however that could change. Looking around, Nico saw that he was in a big area, and surrounded by darkness. Only the faint red glow of the sigil provided barely sufficient light to see the hooded figures.

"Uh, okay? Care to explain in a bit more detail? I uh, still don't know much more than I did when I first got here. Where exactly am I? Could I get a continent or name of a country? And the directions to the nearest town or village? It's really uncomfortable being unclothed in the cold, and potentially lethal. And who or what even are you?" Nico inquires with avid trepidation.

"Follow the rising light, it shall lead you towards what you seek. Be wary, however. For the light burns and blinds all who become too near it."

"Ooookay. This is not the most helpful conversation, but you are giving me something. Can you tell me why I have been chosen for, whatever vague task that you want me to do?" Nico shudders and holds himself, trying to contain his body heat. They could have brought an extra robe at least, he thinks to himself.

"Such arrogance. You were not specifically decided upon. Coincidence and entropy are responsible for your removal from your world. Unpredictable variables can not be disabled by prediction, thus entropy shall be the weapon to restore equilibrium. Chaos shall decimate chaos."

What? "What? Removed from my world? Okay, this raises more questions. Like what-"

Nico's inquiry is cut off as a screeching like that of metal and chalk mixed with the screams of thousands fills his ears, and mind. The sound sends him to his knees, hands clasped tightly over his ears. But the sonic torture is undiminished. The hooded figures rise from their places, floating fifteen feet above. A white and blue light shines from under each hood, blinding Nico. Then, silence suddenly graces his ears, followed by the sound of six robes falling to the stone floor. The sound echos through the darkness. The red light of the sigil has also vanished, leaving Nico in a blinding blackness.

Great, fucking great. I can't see, I'm fucking freezing. I don't have a fucking clue where I am. I am also fucking starving. Well I think that I am just, what's that one perfect fucking word to describe a situation where you're shit out of luck? Oh, yeah I am completely and utterly FUCKED! Nico raged in his thoughts for a few moments more, scared and confused by his situation. Well, at least they were kind enough to leave their robes behind. Fucking douches. Nico followed the pasty substance on the floor that made the sigil, and collected each of the six robes. They were surprisingly thick, and soft. As if someone managed to combine silk and wool together.

He donned one of the robes, which reached a little ways past his ankles, and made a bed with the other four. The fifth one was rolled into a pillow. Well, might as well get some sleep. It's not really like I can do much at the moment. Nico's thoughts and musings on his circumstance carried him into the blissful state of conscious oblivion known as sleep. That was day one.



Present



Nico continued pacing, thinking. He was so absorbed in his musings, that he failed to notice the giant white alicorn present in the doorway.

"Is this really an appropriate time for exercise?" Celestia questioned coyly.

Nico started at the surprising interruption. He ceased his stride and smiled at his closest friend. "Well, I was just making sure that my legs still worked properly after remaining stationary for so long." The human quipped back.

Celestia's smirk increased slightly. "I trust that they perform to your satisfaction? It wouldn't do for me to have to carry you out on my back now would it?"

Nico applied a considering expression while he retorted "I don't know. That might be fun. And, I have never ridden you before. You look big enough to handle my weight.". He finished with a teasing smirk of his own.

"Oh, how could you insult the princess so?" The solar ruler wore a mock expression of shock and hurt. She brought her hoof to her breast as she continued. "Remarking that I possess a 'big' stature. Are you implying a hidden comment regarding my weight? You never should say such things to a mare, you know. It might land you in a great deal of trouble."

Nico was one of the only beings who she could play like this with. Everypony else simply revered her too much, or feared her too much. For this friend, she was certainly grateful.

"Oh, really? What kind of trouble? Am I going to be punished?" Nico coyly prodded.

A glint of playful light shines in the eye of the princess as she steps closer "Perhaps. You could be charged with a light penalty such as royal insubordination. Or I could banish you for treasonous speech."

"Treasonous speech, royal insubordination, those sound made up. I doubt that I would find these laws anywhere in the records."

"Article nine, section two twelve, subsection thirteen. And Article five, section twenty three, subsection four. Do you wish to look it up?" Her smirk never left her features. Nico gazed into her magenta eyes. They always remind me of roses, he thought. He felt a genuine smile grace his features as he gazes upon the beautiful princess. She is adept at sequestering her emotions behind a wall, but so was he. And they both had similar tells, so neither one could hide from the other. Nico saw the anxiety and fear hidden behind her smile. She was worried about him, for him.

Nico stepped forward, into Celestia's personal space. She was tall enough to stand face-to-face with him as he approached. He reached out, and caressed the back of her neck with one hand, and placed his other underneath her delicate chin. He leaned forward, and barely had to pull her into the kiss. Her lips were soft, but much larger than his. They closed their eyes as they became lost in each other's presence. The short, velvety hairs that surrounded her mouth pleasantly tickled around his own. From this distance her ever-present scent of vanilla and honey graced his nostrils, and soothed his nerves. He could feel Celestia's tension dissipate also as she melted into the kiss. It was not a passionate exchange, but one of care and compassion. He pulled back slightly to wet his lips, and she took this opportunity to do likewise. They returned to their oral caress as their tongues slipped into each other's mouth, dancing and sliding across the sensitive areas inside. Nico's hand had moved from her chin when they began the kiss, and slid down her slender neck to rub her shoulder. They both worked at crossing angles to get better depth and penetration with their oral appendages. Their jaws worked as their tongues explored each other. The solar diarch's flowing ethereal mane felt like a waterfall separating around his fingers as he caressed and massaged the back of her neck. Their breaths ghosting across each other's face, tickling them pleasantly with the small breezes.

Nico pulls back as he feels Celestia's tongue recede. He brings her into a warm embrace, both arms wrapped around the back of her neck. Her head pressed against the side of his, while her chin rested on his shoulder. She could feel his heart beat against her neck, and she held him close with one of her forehooves.

"It's okay Celestia, I'm going to be fine. You should have a little faith in me, and even more in your little ponies." Nico whispers into her ear, giving her a little squeeze for emphasis.

They pull apart from their sentimental embrace, and smile into each other's eyes. Her magenta irises connect with his Tigereye brown ones. A sincerity of affection passed between them, Nico kept his hand on the side of her head, caressing her ear. The two stayed like that, just enjoying the moment with a close friend.

"I should go." Celestia breaths with a sigh of disappointment. "The cards will be ready by now, and you should prepare."

Nico leans in and gives her a quick peck of affection. "I am always prepared. Don't worry, my reason will win over her hate. Hopefully, I can win all of them over. I'm not sure how much longer I can go with them looking at me with such contempt." He states with sadness filling his voice, a dark misery in his eyes.

Celestia nuzzles his cheek "Don't fear, you are quite convincing. And I even saw some of them lose their hatred in favor of thinking about this clearly."

The human returns the nuzzle, enjoying the feeling of her velvety coat brushing against his skin. "I hope so, I hope so."

With one final look, Celestia exits the dressing room. Nico is left with his thoughts, and his reflections. He sees the pain in each one's eyes. The torn hole of despair that has been with him everyday of his life. No, I will change this, I will convince them. And maybe, I can finally find her...

Comments ( 46 )

this is awsome

great as always

The way Celestia maintains a gameshow atmosphere, at the beginning, really bothers me.

6226763 Oh, sorry. Is that your only complaint? What else could I improve?


6226728 Thanks. This took me about two days to write. And that was while I was focusing on it for most of that time.:twilightsheepish:


6226539 Thanks. If you wouldn't mind, what did you like about it and what do you think that I could have done better with?

6228108 Other than that, nothing stands out.

Yes! the story is out! now i need just to read it

6228707 Cool, let me know what you think.:twilightsmile:

Wait shit, you actually wrote it.

6232668 Yup. I try to do what I say. Did you like it at least?

I find it a little hard to swallow Kaileena's story when the members of her own race have consistently been shown to be selfish and violent. I don't know if Nico has ever gone around to smash phoenix eggs, for example.

6232779 Yeah, but I am going into headcanon territory with my dragons. I don't want them to be as ONE DIMENSIONAL as they are in the show. I want them to actually have a society and structure, even if it is like an oligarchy in ancient Greece. Also, don't you think that they want to portray humans as terrible and themselves as victims so they can get the go ahead to enact revenge?

6232811
Oh no, I think that's precisely what they want. That's why her story paints such one-sided a picture. She wants the ponies to give up their human ward, and she'll have to make him look like the worst kind of villain for that to have any chance of happening.

But her story doesn't show the whole truth. Again, it's understandable that it doesn't, but it's fair to call her out on this, no? :raritywink:

6232826 Yup. But to be fair, it isn't like the dragons are being deceitful. They genuinely believe this and have been indoctrinated by generations of stories and lore about the "monsters". They... Have a grudge.:trollestia:

6226539 This is Japanese Horror...

6232848 Name of the fic reminded me of a certain film...

6232853 Yeah, but it is what came to mind and it relates to the premise. I was certain that I would have some upset about misleading them with the title.:twilightsheepish:

I demand the release of more chapters! please. if you don't mind.

6232911 And what if I cancelled?:trollestia:

Nah, I couldn't do that to others, having already felt that soul-rending pain and abandonment myself. But seriously? I refuse to believe that my story is good enough for this many people to like it. I wrote it in a day off of a thread!:applejackunsure:

6232932 Why would we lie and say that it's good if we didn't believe so? This is one of the better stories I've read so far, and by better I mean in my top five (Sorry bu FOE is still #1 since it got me interested in fanfics). With that I hope to see you write more stories as high of quality as this. That all sound way better in my head.

6232983 Well, I sincerely thank you for your comment and honesty. You have made me intensely felicitous. And I hope to get much better at writing, so that I can bring happiness and joy to others, just as other authors have brought me such pleasure and enjoyment.:twilightsmile:

6232990 Glad to hear that I got you in a good mood and that you are going to try to improve (always a good thing in my book). With that I leave you one stache. :moustache: (Sorry I just can't get enought of mustache spike)

6233070 You sir deserve the shiniest of medals!

Someone cue in the law & order them song.

This intrigues me and what is Nico's background from Earth. I'll follow this story.

6236686 Thank you. I really appreciate your comment and interest.:twilightsmile:

I demand another chapter!

6263096 Really? OK. I will see what I can do to hurry it along.:twilightsmile:

First his silver tounge was in a heated verbal battle with a Dragoness, then it was pulled into a completly diffrent one with a princess of Equestria, wow! That man got himself some serious oral action whitin merly one hour.

6317421 Eeyup. The Celestia idea just came to me right when I got to that scene. She was just supposed to hug him, and comfort him with reassuring words, but my sex addicted mind made this happen. So, yay hormones and an enlarged hypothalamus?:twilightsheepish:

This is enjoyable; I just wish there was more to it. My analysis of the fic can be found here.

6386363

Awesome, thanks. As this is my second attempt at writing anything fictional, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to point out the flaws that I have made. I will be working more on this and my other two stories once I finish helping pusspuss edit Bon Bon's Acceptance.

Although, it becomes clearly obvious what I messed up on once you point out the fallacies. I suppose hindsight really is 20/20.:twilightsheepish:

So thank you again for the critique and I will be sure to do my best to rectify what I can.:twilightsmile:

6386397 I really like this. I'm tired of all the misanthropic humans.

But um... Is the story dead? 18 weeks is quite a while between chapters...

6667758

No, it's still alive. I just have been very busy getting my life together. I was very close to becoming homeless, and I just now got a job a week ago. Also, I've been training like crazy for my fighting career. I plan on making a schedule to work on my stories, I just have to implement it.:facehoof:

But thank you for the comment and reminding me that I've been away. I think that I'll actually work on it a bit tonight. Also, I have tomorrow off from work. So after spending time with some select individuals, and completing my mandatory training, I'll work on my fics some more. Sorry for the absence.:twilightsheepish:

6669576 not trying to rush! It's just a lot of stories do die, and I didn't wanna get my hopes up.

I'm glad things are looking up for you. :twilightsmile: I look forward to it whenever it comes out!

6669602

Thank you.:twilightsmile: I'll be sure to post weekly updates on my stories' chapters from now on. I've been getting messages similar to yours from some followers, so I should probably refrain from keeping readers in the dark, even if I don't know why you all seem to enjoy my elementary literature.:pinkiesmile: Oh, and have a happy Thanksgiving.:pinkiehappy:

it would be great if was more like "Reing of Fire" kinda atmosphere " it was YOU who Burned our crops, our countries, OUR people".

6976008

I haven't seen that movie in so long! It was great, but I was rooting for the dragons the entire time. And in this narrative, I'm trying to show that both sides have their faults and failings. But I thank you for your insight.:twilightsmile:

I hope you get back to this it's a new concept in my eyes and is fucking great so hope you'll still continue it after 3 years

Is this story dead?

European dragons deserve to be extinct, as the Far East dragons of Asia deserve to be honored as teachers. Down with the bronies ways.

Login or register to comment