• Published 30th May 2015
  • 710 Views, 4 Comments

Alligator Gummy, Hero and Savior of Equestria - Fluttercheer



While Pinkie is in the Griffon Kingdom with Rainbow Dash, Gummy saves Ponyville from a horde of aggressive balloon monsters.

  • ...
6
 4
 710

Chapter 1

Pinkie Pie removed the egg whisk from over Gummy's head and looked at her flank, a stressed expression adorning her face. Her cutie mark was blinking again. She got called and it was time to leave. Hastily turning back to Gummy, Pinkie stuck the handle of the baking utensil into his mouth. “I know you can do this, Gummy! You're the best alligator baker I've ever met!”, she said, winking at him. Bending forward, she gave him a kiss on the nose, then she bounced quickly out of the door and shut it behind her.

Gummy stayed behind alone. As the weight of the egg whisk became too much, his backlegs got lifted off of the table he was standing on and he fell forward, landing on his face, unable to get up again with the heavy whisk in his mouth.

He blinked. Completely unable to move, he just laid there, forced to having to wait for Pinkie's return so that she could free him. Gummy knew it would be a boring wait and he began to contemplate what he could do to free himself. It was not reflected by the little alligator's face, which showed the same, dull expression, but his mind raced to find a solution for his predicament.

A few minutes of fruitless thinking later, he spotted something interesting with his left eye. The measuring cup with which Pinkie measured the baking powder for him began to float into the air suddenly.

Good. Maybe his wait wouldn't be so boring then. Gummy felt relieved. A smile appeared on his face. For untrained eyes, which were pretty much all the eyes except the eyes of Pinkie, his expression stayed the same. Only his beloved owner and friend could tell the tiny differences in his face when he was smiling.

The measuring cup was floating away from the table and over the floor. Gummy followed it with his eyes eagerly. A few inches away from the table, the measuring cup began to spill the baking powder over the floor in small, tiny portions. As it was empty, it just fell to the floor and was once again the lifeless object from before. In it's place, the glass with the rest of the baking powder suddenly took off into the air, hovering in the same way over the floor and starting to spill it's content over the floor too. Very soon, the whole floor of the kitchen of Sugarcube Corner was decorated with white baking powder. It almost looked like it had snowed in the little bakery.

Seeing this, Gummy regretted once more that he couldn't move. He would have liked to jump down and play in the white mass, even though he would have only pretended it's snow to make it more interesting. His face scrunched. Which was again something that only Pinkie would notice if she would be here. And so, the small, blue elephant that suddenly stood in front of Gummy did not notice his changed expression.

Wait, a blue elephant?! Gummy was so busy with mourning on the inside over his unfortunate state that he hasn't noticed where the creature suddenly came from. But he noticed that the baking powder was not there on the floor anymore.

“Why are you looking at me so dull? Do you want to insult me?”, the blue elephant asked Gummy furiously and eyed him with a disapproval glance. As no answer came from the green alligator, he walked over to him and looked him deep into the eyes. “Hey, I'm talking to you! Why do you not give me any answers?”

As Gummy didn't say anything once again (no, in fact, he did say something, indicated by his blinking eyes, but once again, only Pinkie could understand that), the little elephant rose to his hindlegs and smashed his front feet left and right from Gummy on the table, a threatening expression highlighting his face. “I'm going to punish you because you don't talk to me!”

Having said these words, he got back on the floor again and looked around in the room, trying to look for something with which he could make his threat become true. As his eyes fell on the first layer of the cake Gummy and Pinkie had baked earlier, a malicious grin snuck on his face. “Say goodbye to your cake, you dumb alligator!”, he said mischievously, then he rolled out his trunk, that was surprisingly long for his small size, grabbed the plate with the cake layer on it and approached the oven.

Using one of his forelegs, he opened the door of it and with his trunk, he slid the cake into the inside. Then he shut the oven again and turned it on. He switched it to the highest temperature. Turning around to Gummy, he rolled his long trunk in again and then he said with a snearing voice “This is what you get for not talking to me!” to the immobilized alligator. Without one more word, the blue elephant teleported out of the room and was gone.

Gummy broke out in sweat and that not just because of the slowly increasing heat that the running oven caused in the small kitchen. Pinkie Pie would be mad at him if the first layer of the cake she prepared with so much effort and dedication would get burned. And he couldn't explain that a blue elephant made of baking powder did it, of course. But there was not anything he could do. Still unable to move, he could only lay there and watch, helpless as he was. The smell of roasted cake drifted into his nostrils. Soon, he knew, it would be replaced by a burnt smell. The alligator blinked a few times. It was a sad blinking this time.

As the stench of burnt frosting and pastry entered his nostrils, his eyes became watery from disappointment. But only for a moment. As the oven burst into flames, the tears disappeared and Gummy's eyes grew wide in shock. Panicking, his blinking fastened the pace and happened in quick succession. Desperately, he tried to get up despite the heavy egg whisk still in his mouth, but he could barely lift his head a few inches, before dropping down again. His heart began to jump as he realized that it was useless. The only thing he could do now was waiting and hoping that somepony would come by, attracted by the bad smell, and extinguishes the flames.

Minutes over minutes passed, with Gummy getting more and more nervous, which resulted in even faster eye-blinking and now even tail-twitching, the fire had almost reached him as he could suddenly hear an angelic voice sounding through the room.

“Fear not, little alligator, this is not the moment you will die in. Your help is needed.” A bright flash appeared and all of a sudden, a pony stood in the kitchen. It's horn began to glow and in the next moment, a rainfall set in, soaking Gummy and extinguishing the flames.

As the fire was gone, Gummy had time to inspect the pony that saved his life. He could already guess that the pony was a unicorn, but it was only now that he recognized that the pony also had wings attached to the sides of his body. It was undoubtedly an Alicorn. The coat of the regal-looking mare that was gently looking down at him now was of a bright pink, her mane and tail in the most beautiful golden color a pony (or baby alligator) had ever seen. An impressively big crown adorned her head, accessorized with so many jewels of all colours that Gummy was unable to count them all. The most unexpected aspect of her body were the countless cutie marks that were spread over it; hearts, rainbows, diamonds and stars in all shapes, sizes and colors adorned her coat, from the tip of her ears to her hooves. Only at her flank, the spot where her cutie mark should be, was nothing more than the pink coat visible.

Gummy looked into the face of the majestic pony in front of him and blinked two times.

“There is no need to thank me”, the Alicorn said with her angelic voice, obviously perfectly able to understand the alligator's special language. “Ponyville needs you today, Gummy!”, she continued. “It is in great danger and you are the only one who can save it!” A loud scream sounded from outside the door, like it wanted to confirm her words.

Gummy blinked again a few times at the Alicorn mare.

“No, my little alligator, I know you are the one I'm looking for. You are the chosen one. You are the only one who can save Ponyville from the balloon monsters that attack it! Do you accept your task?”

After another, this time very proud-looking blink, the Alicorn activated her magic and pulled the egg whisk out of Gummy's mouth.

“Go now, great alligator savior!”, she said. “You are Ponyville's only hope!” Having spoken these words, she disappeared in another bright flash.

Sighing relieved over finally freed from the annoying tool, he got up slowly, then turned his attention to the door. Determined, he jumped down the table and approached the door slowly. Having reached it, he jumped up, bit in the door handle and pulled it down with his weight. The door flung open a little and using his claws, he managed it to pull it open completely and stepped outside. And was greeted by pure chaos.

No matter where he looked at, ponies were chased by round, evil-grinning balloons in all colors. Unicorns tried to stop them with their magic, but every time they fired at them, the balloons became surrounded by a green, eerie light and the magic was reflected back at them, knocking them out with their own spell. Even some buildings stood in flames already, so worse was the situation. In the corner of his eye, Gummy could see a familiar purple pony approaching him and he turned around to greet it.

“Gummy! I'm so glad you're here!”, Twilight said, her face showing a mix of desperation and exhaustion. “I tried everything to stop them, but even my Alicorn magic doesn't work! The balloon monsters are too powerful! Can you help us, Gummy? We need you!” Before Gummy could answer, a visibly distraught Discord flew by them, some red balloons clinging to his body and a lot more following him.

Seemingly expressionless, because Twilight's eyes were one of the untrained pair of eyes, Gummy walked past her and approached a horde of balloon monsters that had just overwhelmed a few ponies. Stoically, he opened his toothless mouth and took the first balloon monster into it. Desperately, it tried to free itself and to float out of his mouth, but every movement just made it worse for the monster. Seconds later, a loud, popping sound could be heard as the balloon monster became a victim of the alligator's mouth. Nonchalantly, Gummy spew out the remains of the monster, then proceeded to the next one, that was met with the same fate as his comrade.

It really worked. Gummy could defeat the balloon monsters with ease where all the unicorns and their powerful magic failed. His heart began to beat faster from pride and joy. Accompanied by the cheers of the ponies he freed from the attacks of the floating monsters, he made his way through the town, taking out one balloon monster after another.

As he was about to grab the last one with his mouth, it jumped to the side in the last moment, escaping him. The balloon monster began to speak. “I am the leader of the balloon monsters! Do you really think you can defeat me so easily?” The monster began to laugh maniacally, then it began to grow suddenly, until it towered not only over Gummy, but over all the houses of Ponyville. His sides bulged and gigantic balloon arms grew out of his massive, round body. “It is over, Gummy!”, it shouted down at him. “And you thought you are a savior!” The leader of the balloon monsters reached down and grabbed some ponies with his arms.

As Gummy looked up to the massive balloon in front of him, he felt his hopes vanishing. It was way too big to fit into his mouth, he knew that, and this was his only way of fighting. Had he failed? But the Alicorn said he was the chosen one to save Ponyville! Sad, Gummy hung his head and felt the desperation and disappointment wash over him, as he suddenly heard the angelic voice in his head.

“Don't give up, Gummy! You can defeat the monster, I believe in you! You must focus on the power inside of you, Gummy! Can you feel it?”

And suddenly, Gummy could feel the power. He felt a warm feeling emanating from his heart. Closing his eyes, he concentrated on the feeling. It grew stronger and stronger and as it had reached it's peak, Gummy's eyes began to glow in a white light and he could feel something in his mouth. He opened it and sharp teeth were growing out of the rosy flesh inside of it. The alligator hero felt new hope rising in his chest. He now had a real weapon! Already busy with thinking how he could make it up to the monster to destroy it, big, shiny wings of light sprouted out at the sides of his body. He knew what he had to do now. Only a short flight with these wings and one more bite and it would be over.

Gummy started to flap the wings made of pure light and took off the ground, blecking his teeth towards the monster. “It is over, you monster!”, the brave alligator shouted at him in his blinking eye language.

In an attempt to defend himself, the monster held the two ponies it had captured in front of him. “Stop right there or I will make short work of these ponies!”

But the monster's attempt came too late. Gummy increased his speed, opened his mouth wide and buried his teeth into the tight balloon skin of the giant monster once he had reached it. For a second, after having ripped a hole into the monster, he was flying inside of it and everything was like slow motion around him. Then a loud bang sounded in the air and the monster was no more.

Two pegasi flew up to him and saved the two ponies that were helplessing falling to the ground now and Gummy felt happy. He was a true hero now. He alone saved Ponyville. From a threat even Discord could do nothing against. The cheers of the ponies under him sounded like music in his ears while he was up there, flapping his wings and looking down to the crowd, surrounded by the pieces of the body of the balloon monster that were slowly falling to the ground. Gummy smiled. Instead of flying down just yet, he decided to listen to the happy cheers for a few more moments.

“Gummy! You saved us!” “You are our hero!” “I want to have a baby from you!”

Next, Twilight flew at his side, accompanied by Celestia and Luna. The three princesses commended him for his brave fight against the balloon monsters and thanked him for saving the town. The two oldest princesses put a wreath of flowers around his neck. A sign was attached to it, saying “Equestria's Bravest Alligator”.

After taking a look at it and smiling in pride, Gummy looked down to the crowd of ponies under him once more, who were all cheering his name now.

“Gummy! Gummy! Gummy! Gummy! Gummy!”

The little alligator felt like he was in heaven. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the sound of his name being shouted by so many ponies who looked up to him (literally). A moment later, he unexpectedly heard a very familiar cheerful voice sounding into his ears.

“Gummy! Hey, Gummy!”

He opened his eyes and looked directly into Pinkie Pie's face, that was showing a slight angry expression.

She pointed to the left, at the first layer of the cake she wanted to bake before the map called her. “Why have you not baked the second layer, Gummy?”

The alligator blinked regretfully, explaining everything.

“What do you mean 'saved Ponyville'?” The pink mare giggled. “Oh, you're so silly, Gummy! Ponyville is fine, no need to save it!” Swiftly, she pulled the egg whisk out of Gummy's mouth, making the poor little alligator finally able to stand up again. Gummy blinked at her thankfully.

“And now we must hurry! We still have fourteen layers to bake!”, Pinkie announced in a shrill voice.

Then she put on her chef's hat again, grabbed the bowl with the cake batter, sat down on the floor and continued to stir the batter, occasionally splashing something of it into the face of the alligator at her side, who quickly licked off the delicious cake ingredient.

Author's Note:

This is my first attempt at writing a real, random story, that is just silly and ridiculous.
I hope it's enjoyable.

It's also my first contribution to this season's Writer's Training Grounds.
The Writer's Training Grounds of Season 4 where were I began to write MLP: FiM fanfics and it does so good to be able to participate in them again.

Comments ( 4 )

Well that was something... :rainbowlaugh:
Great job, I really enjoyed reading this! :twilightsmile:

6036651

Thanks so much! :pinkiehappy: I'm glad you enjoyed it! :scootangel:

Well that has to be one of the most random stories I have read today...Anyway good job in writing this, it was an enjoyable read that will be read once again at some point.

-Frost:pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment