• Published 29th May 2015
  • 929 Views, 25 Comments

I'll Always be Here for You - StolenMemes



Twilight will always be the for Spike

  • ...
36
 25
 929

I'll Always be Here for You

"I'll always be here for you" Twilight always said. Spike looked back on all the times where Twilight was there for him, when she cared for him, she was essentially his motherly/sisterly-like figure, she had shaped him into what he was now. The truth was, Spike had been through a LOT, and she was always there for him. When he cried, she wiped away all his tears, when he screamed, she'd fight away all his fears, she held his hand through all these years. His life was wonderful, he'd fallen in love with a beautiful white mare with a magnificent purple mane, tried to out-assistant an owl, been an announcer for the Running of the Leaves, assisted in Winter Wrap Up, he'd even been to the Grand Halloping Gala TWICE! He had gone to Twilight's brother's royal wedding, become overcome with greed, and run away to live with dragons! Not mention he had helped Fluttershy overcome her fear of being laughed at, helped with the preparations of the Summer Sun Celebration, assisted Applejack, stopped Rarity from bedazilizing Ponyville, and even helped stop countless threats to Equestria! And every time, Twilight was there for him (he was there for her a few times aswell). Twilight's always going to be there for Spike. That's what everyone thought...


"Why?" Spike mumbled to himself. " Why did you leave us!?!?! Why did you leave ME!?!?! You said you'd always be here, you said you'd always be there for me! Where are you now!?!?! Answer me... Answer me!!!!!" Spike screamed as the salty tears fell from his eyes. "J-Just tell me something... Anything, Twilight. Please..." Spikesaid as he sobbed over the soft, green grass. He looked at the headstone. It read:

HERE LIES PRINCESS TWILIGHT SPARKLE: THE PRINCESS OF FRIENDSHIP, SHE TOUCHED THE HEART OF EVERYONE SHE MET, THE ELEMENT OF MAGIC. R.I.P

Spike looked at the the other four headstones closest to him, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity had all passed away before hand. Applejack was the the only element of harmony remaining.

"Spike, it's okay, I know it hurts..." An old orange mare with a blonde mane and a cowboy hat said as she walked towards the purple and green dragon.

"No you don't, you aren't alone, you don't know what it's like!!!" Spike screamed. He was only a young adult, yet Applejack was an old mare.

"But I do... They were my friends too, not to mention Big Macintosh, Granny Smith, and even Apple Bloom, I've outlived my family." Applejack replied with a saddened tone. " It's just you and me, soon it'll only be you...

Spike looked up with tears in his eyes. "Applejack, I don't wanna live forever."

"Well what do you want me to do? Reverse time? Only Twilight could do that. Spike you're just gonna have to live with the fact that I'll only be around for a few more years, and you, a LOT longer." Applejack boldly stated. "And that's just that."

"But I don't want you to go, please, don't leave. You're the only friend I've got." Spike teared up.

"I don't like it either Spike, but that's just life."

"But what will I do when you're gone?" Spike asked.

"I'm not sure..." Applejack replied. They say there for hours, talking about old adventures and the good times they had with their friends.

"Is there something wrong?" Spike asked Applejack.

"Well, it *COUGH COUGH looks like my expiration date has come a little early." Applejack replied.

"What!?! N-no don't go!!!" Spike screamed.

"It's too late, this is it for me..." Applejack replied with a weak voice.

" Somepony!!! Anypony!!! Help me!!!!!!!! Spike cried and screamed at the top of his lungs.

" Spike I've got something to tell you..."

"What?" Spike sobbed.

"Don't let this get to you, live a wonderful life, enjoy the folks around you. Have a great life."

"But what about all the adventures I had with the six of you, do want me to just forget that?" Spike was sobbing even harder.

"No, just remember: I hope you had the time of your life." Applejack whispered before the mare closed her eyes and let out a brief sigh as she smiled. And passed on.

The paramedics arrived and Spike watched as they drove her body away. He thought about all the good times he had, and about what what AppleJack said. "I hope you had the time of your life." Spike thought. He opened his mouth and said:

"I did."


The next day was Applejack's funeral, Spike was the host. When it was time for Spike to say his parting words, he walked up to the podium and began:

"Applejack: The element of honesty, and the last element of harmony. We shall cherish her and her friends and families memories for all eternity. Applejack was never very funny or magical or very generous, but she was a very honest mare, and had the stubbornness of a wall, she and all six of the other elements of harmony stood up to every challenge no matter how demanding, she was brave, honest, loyal to her family, and a TERRIBLE liar, and I mean that last one," Spike let out a small, brief little chuckle. "Many would say her and Rainbow Dash, element of loyalty and legendary former captain of the wonderbolts, were how should I say, gay for eachother, well that is NOT true. Applejack never liked wearing anything too fancy, in fact, she LOATHED fashion, but Rarity, element of generosity and legendary fashionista, made her fancy dresses anyway. To anyone who's never met Applejack, or any of the elements of harmony, you missed out, because history textbooks and library books will never truly depict them, all six of these wonderful ponies, all six of the elements of harmony, the only one who can get it sort of accurate, is me. Which is why, I'll be writing book(s) about all six of them, my dearest friends. They won't be completely accurate but I'll do my best. The book(s), I have no idea if I'll write more than one," Spike added. "Will be centered around all the adventures we had together, so it we can always remember their friends and family. And that's really all I have to say..." Spike announced as he laid Applejack's hat on her coffin and the lowered her into the ground.

THE END

Author's Note:

Well, that was my first sad fic. Hope you enjoyed it, please point out any spelling errors of any kind.

Comments ( 25 )

Wall of text!

6032033 Our friend means, the text has no spaces. I recommend that your read a few other fics and take notes on how they are built up.
The biggest thing is; no space between conversation lines.

"I'm not sure..." AppleJack replied. They say there for hours, talking about old adventures and the good times they had with their friends.
"Is there something wrong?" Spike asked AppleJack.
"Well, it *COUGH COUGH looks like my expiration date has come a little early." AppleJack replied.
"WHAT!?! N-NO DON'T GO!!!" Spike screamed.
"It's too late, this is it for me..." AppleJack replied with a weak voice.
" SOMEPONY!!! ANYPONY!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!! Spike cried and screamed at the top of his lungs.
" Spike I've got something to tell you..."
"What?" Spike sobbed.

^This, this is a 'wall' of text.^ ( The whole story is like this.)

"I'm not sure..." AppleJack replied. They say there for hours, talking about old adventures and the good times they had with their friends.

"Is there something wrong?" Spike asked AppleJack.

"Well, it *COUGH COUGH looks like my expiration date has come a little early." AppleJack replied.

"WHAT!?! N-NO DON'T GO!!!" Spike screamed.

"It's too late, this is it for me..." AppleJack replied with a weak voice.

" SOMEPONY!!! ANYPONY!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!! Spike cried and screamed at the top of his lungs.

" Spike I've got something to tell you..."

"What?" Spike sobbed.

^I've now simply put space between the sentences, giving it more overview and it reads better.^

Again, read some story's, take notes on how they are built, and try to apply them. You can also check out the writers guide.

Sincerely,

Lazydrill.

6032330 Sorry, but it's stories, not story's. Stories are the correct form of plural here, story's, well, story is singular, and the 's is there to mark it as a singular.

Anyways, have a nice morning/day/evening/night ^_^

I'm sorry you got so many dislikes on your first fic. This is a good one-shot story and you're dialogue flows pretty well together.
I've noticed that parts of this feel more like a play script than a fanfic. For example: ENTER: SPIKE
that's a stage direction. For a fic, you don't need those because you already describe what's going on. If you want to show a change from time or place than the best thing to do is put a horizontal line


in between the two paragraphs.
Also, when only two characters are talking, you don't need to keep saying he said, she replied. As long as you indent the next speaker's line (which you did) than everyone will know who's saying what.
Finally, go easy on the capitalization. It can feel overwhelming for readers to see so many words in uppercase. I understand, caps are used to show strong emotion but since these emotions are so powerful, caps should be rarely used. Instead, show how the character feels through imagery. Explain how Spike's throat became sore for yelling so much or his eyes fogged up with tears. Show don't Tell.
Well, I hope that helped. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and Good Luck in your future writing. :raritywink:

P.S. this is not meant to be insulting, it's only meant to help you improve as a writer.

6032033

No editing, little spacing and white space for legibility. No thought given to reading concerns. It's a wall of text, and it's inks the reasons you got downvoted.

6032330

Exactly.

6032033 I'll answer your question with another question. Does your keyboard have an enter button, or do you not use it? That is what they meant. Break up the lines of text by pressing enter to start a new line

6032408 Thank you for the correction! I'm still trying to learn proper grammar in English myself, as you can see, I've still some errors. :3

This may have actually been a good story.

Sadly, there are so many issues, that annoy me to the point where I couldn't enjoy this if I tried.


First, the names aren't typed correctly. Applejack and Fluttershy, and Rarity are all one word, and Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight Sparkle are two words. Notice that Applejack and Fluttershy have one, count 'em, one capital letter.

Second, formatting. First, as so many other people have said, the whole thing looks like a giant wall of text. In other words, it is very helpful and recommended (if not required) to have a line between every paragraph, at the very least. If you put in tabs, that's even better! Just make sure that you put in double spaces. Also, when Spike is at the funeral, he says a lot of things. I am guessing that you were trying to maintain that Spike was saying everything. However, his speech will flow better if you put new paragraphs where he changes topic, or when he pauses and addresses the other ponies there.
Also, the usage of lines is inconsistent and confusing. For instance,

The paramedics arrived and Spike watched as they drove her body away. He thought about all the good times he had, and about what what AppleJack said. "I hope you had the time of your life." Spike thought. He opened his mouth and said:
"I did." He cried all the way to the crystal castle.
The next was AppleJack's funeral, Spike was the host. When it was time for Spike to say his parting words, he walked up to the podium and began:

is confusing. Yes, he cried all the way to the castle. Yes, he did have the time of his life. How are these things related?
Different subjects, scenes, or times should be in different paragraphs. Otherwise, it's confusing to read. Also, big changes, like the transition between him going back to the castle and Applejack's funeral, should be separated by a horizontal break, like so:


Third, sentence structure. Some sentences, like

His life was wonderful, he'd fallen in love with a beautiful white mare with a magnificent purple mane, tried to out-assistant an owl, been an announcer for the Running of the Leaves, assisted in Winter Wrap Up, been to the Grand Halloping Gala TWICE, gone to Twilight's brother's royal wedding, become overcome with greed, ran away to live with dragons, helped FlutterShy overcome her fear of being laughed at, helped with the preparations of the Summer Sun Celebration, assisted AppleJack, stop Rarity from bedazilizing Ponyville, and helped stop countless threats to Equestria!

are very long. Of course, you wanted to group them all together. However, if you break them into sentences, and organize them well, then they will actually flow better than if you put them in one giant sentence.

Fourth, the use of capital letters. Of course, Spike is going through an emotionally charged time. But still, using all caps is not a good way to express this feeling. It's better to use descriptive language, which can convey the emotion just as well, also gives us more of an idea of what's going on, and frankly, doesn't look horrible.

Finally, the pacing. Some scenes are a lot longer than others, and they all seem to be too short for the time they contain. Using descriptive language as a buffer can help with this. Also, most of the writing seems to be dialogue between two characters, with little description of their actions, and almost none of scenes with only one character. (After all, it is a story, and not many stories only have one character.)


This isn't to say that the story isn't good. In fact, I liked the story, and I thought that your characterization was pretty good and didn't go far out of character - a common mistake for new writers. Keep working on your writing, and be conscienttious of it - reading your story to yourself will help you find mistakes and fix them. I hope you keep writing!

P.S. If you feel like you are hopeless in writing, try to find someone to edit your story. They will help you with your story, and make sure it is good in every sense of the way before you post it online.

6032877
Okay, I'll try to do my best and edit the WHOLE thing, however, I'm limited (my computer doesn't let me submit stories on here so I had to use my phone, infact I wrote this whole story on my phone), so at least give me a break.

6032555
I had to write this on my phone, and yes it does, I'm just new to writing on FIMFiction, so I understand

6032418
It's not my first, and I'll try to work on my story.

6033196
Sorry if my last comment was too harsh. I didn't mean that you were a bad writer. I just meant that there are things that could be fixed.

6033351
I didn't think you were harsh, I just couldn't think of a way to say I'm limiting.

you need a editor like yesterday

Uh the fuck was this?

6387412
A poorly written story I plan to redo.

6390000 try reading the rage review of your story it can help

6390073
Okay, thanks! :pinkiehappy:
I'll try to have a better version of this story as soon as possible. :rainbowdetermined2:

Intriguing...? WHY is Spike able to outlive all of his friends, including an ALICORN? WHAT the heck is the Grand Halloping Gala? WASN'T it convenient for the story when Applejack dropped dead when she did? WASN'T Applejack's funeral arranged awfully quickly? (The NEXT DAY? I suspect foul play) WHY did you write this S***. WHY OH WHY OH WHY...

6396564
1) In case you haven't read the last few comments, I already stated that I'm not at all proud of this story and think it's crap. I'm gonna redo it with a new approach in the near future.
2) I wrote it because I wanted to make a rather serious story with out making it too long
3) That was a typo, it's the "Grand Galloping Gala"
4) Apple Jack died because coincidences
5) Spike outlived Twilight because SHE'S NOT IMMORTAL, just because she's an alicorn, it doesn't make her immortal because she's an artificial alicorn like Cadance, she wasn't born an alicorn like Celestia and Luna.
Damn, you guys are getting annoying...

Login or register to comment