• Published 26th May 2015
  • 1,018 Views, 10 Comments

Hatred - Letsmlpbro



King Sombra is defeated, but his hatred lives on.

  • ...
6
 10
 1,018

Plan

Rainbow only watched as her friends and the Night Princess strategized over the table. They were in the sunroom again. Dash was sitting next to an open window. A cold breeze brushed over her wings, making her shiver with delight.

“Why can’t we kill her in her sleep?” Applejack asked. Her hair was out of it’s ponytail, something Rainbow Dash had never seen before.

“Because the magic will be lost forever.” Luna said calmly. She was very under dressed. Dash had never seen her in pants, or a tee shirt for that matter.

Fluttershy petted the bunny that was resting in her hands. “And it’s immoral.” she whispered.

Silence enveloped the room as the women got lost in their own thoughts. Pinkie Pie was the first to move. “What about Dashie’s Element? Can we fix it?”

All eyes fell upon Rainbow. She shifted uncomfortably. “As far as I know, the Queen transformed it into the Element of Betrayal. It’s useless to us now. . .”

“But the Element of Loyalty lives within you.” Twilight stated.

Dash rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I know. But it was made into something else. You’ll have to do it with the five that are left.”

Luna grabbed her purse, which Dash had noticed she carried it everywhere she went, and pulled out the accursed necklace. It’s color had darkened to a deep blood red. The princess tossed it around in her hands. “The Element lives within you, as Twilight Sparkle said. It’s something that my sister overlooked, thank the moon. Even though she broke you she could never kill the Loyalty within you. She could only suppress it.” she made her way over to Rainbow Dash, giving her the necklace. “You and you alone have the power to recharge this jewel.”

Dash looked at the jem. “Can you defeat Celestia without me?” her tone was harsher than she meant it to be.

Luna hesitated. “Yes, we can. But it-”

“Then leave me out of your plan.” she dropped the gem to the floor and left the room, going to see Kite Flyer. She’ll cheer me up. she thought as she walked down the hallway.


Fluttershy flinched as the door to the sunroom slammed shut. The six girls in the room froze. Luna sighed and picked up the necklace.

“What was that all about?” Applejack asked, a hint of anger showing through.

“That was my sister’s influence.” Luna stated. “It looks like I will have to create a spell to recharge her Element.”

Twilight stood. “I’ll help.”

"Are you sure you are up for the task? It will drain most of our energy and it will take days to recover." Luna looked at the other princess gently.

"I am a princess now. And as a princess it is my duty to serve Equestria in any way that I can." she plucked the gem from Luna's hand and looked at it closely. "In fact, I think I might already know the start of a spell that could work. . .with the right amount of focus and in the right setting. . .maybe Rarity could lend a little bit of magic as well so it wouldn't be so taxing. Hm. . ."

Fluttershy looked around the room, taking in everyone's body language. They were on the edge of their seats waiting for Princess Twilight Sparkle to give them the answer. She too was on the edge. Flutters cared more for Dashie than any of the other ponies in the room. The two had spent most of their childhood together; so many memories were made.

"Aha! I think I have it!" Twilight beamed with pride. "Luna, Rarity, come over to my library later today and we will preform the spell."

Rarity shot a worried glance at Luna. The Princess laughed, saying, "I have full confidence that your spell will work, Twilight. But why don't you go over the details with me first." she took Princess Twilight by the shoulder and walked her to a corner of the room, motioning Rarity to follow as she did so.

The three other ponies sat in silence. Fluttershy played with the bottom of her shirt, thinking to herself. Poor Rainbow Dash. . .I wish she would try to help us. she chewed on her lip. But maybe it's for the best. Queen Celelstia could take her mind again. I don't know if we could defeat her a second time.

"I'm going to to talk to Rainbow." Applejack stated as she stood up from her seat.

Fluttershy only nodded, thinking to herself the entire time.


Rainbow Dash payed to attention to the orange girl sitting across from her. Kiteflyer was sitting on the floor next to Dash with a sketchbook in her hand. She scribbled silently on a blank sheet, paying no mind to the two other women staring at her. Rainbow smiled, happy to see her new friend enjoying herself.

"Rainbow," AJ started, "Ima be honest with yah."

"Well, that is your Element." Dashie smirked.

Applejack nodded. "I don't think it's possible to kill Celestia. We know what she's done, but that doesn't make it right to. . .to. . ."

"It's hard for you to say the word kill, hm?" Rainbow Dash glared at her.

"It's hard for anyone to say it." the farmer shot back at Dashie. "It's not right. People should die from natural causes. It would be more moral, and maybe even a worse punishment, for Celelstia to remain in her coma for the rest of her days. Killing ain't right, no matter what the person has done."

"Shunshine!" Kite held the book up to Dash with an excited grin.

The rainbow haired girl nodded in approval before turning back to face her friend. "What do you want me to do? In her comatose state, Celestia could still control me. No. . .leaving her alive is risking me turning into a slave again. And, I'm sorry Applejack, but I don't want to take that risk." When she saw how sad her friend looked, she added. "Talk to Luna about it if it's an issue."

"There's something else I wanted to talk to yah about." AJ said.

"Oh?"

"It's about Spike."

Rainbow Dash froze at the mention of his name. "What about him?"

"Twilight forgave you, but. . .have you forgiven yourself? You still talk about it and. . ." she let her sentence drop.

Dash picked at the table between them before answering. "I'd say I have."

"Have you really?"

Again, Rainbow took her time to answer. "Well. . .just because I've forgiven myself doesn't mean I still don't think about it. It. . .I didn't do it out of my own free will, I know that and I've accepted it. But I'm still grieving over him just like we all are."

An out of place smile appeared on Applejacks face. "You've changed, Dash. In a good way or bad, I don't really know. . .but you've changed."

She nodded, agreeing with her. "I think it's for the better that I don't help you with anything that has to do with Celestia."

"So do I, after talking with you."

The two mares fell into a comfortable silence, the sound of Kiteflyer's pencil the only thing they heard.

Comments ( 8 )

Hatred

Interesting title...

After Sombra is defeated, his hatred is transmitted into Princess Celestia. It takes a hold of her and drives her into a power crazed madness. She manages to corrupt Rainbow Dash and in doing so reeks havoc on Equestria. Will the Main Six be able to defeat Queen Celestia before it's too late?

Rated teen due to language.

Mhmm. Okay so when I looked at the word count of your chapters that's where you lost me. Each chapter, except two, is under 900-1,000 words. For a story like this, I would say it is unacceptable.

Thank you for writing this! I can't wait till it's finished :pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss:

6022961 Ah, it might be a looooong while before it's finished, so i hope you're willing to wait. :pinkiesad2:

6022980 :rainbowderp: I'll wait! But as long as there's good content ahead! :twilightsheepish:

6176868
It's coming, but not for a while. I've run dry on ideas for this currently.

New chapter?

Login or register to comment