• Published 25th May 2015
  • 5,594 Views, 26 Comments

Comfort - YourNeighborhoodAlicorn



Spike finds himself in a situation that isn't all that bad.

  • ...
9
 26
 5,594

Who Cares?

Spike was, to say the least, confused at best.

His situation called for quite a bit of confusion as well. No one simply wakes up on a cloud without reason, he argued. It was not as if he was complaining; clouds are quite comfy, which is something he had learned from experience.

But it still called for a tiny bit of questioning. He was unsure if he was experiencing an inconvenient case of short term memory loss or his mind just simply wanted to stop thinking for a bit. He considered resigning to the latter.

He had the will to move, but decided not to act upon it. Whether it was lack of curiosity or the abundance of comfort, he will never know. Lying spread eagle was something he’d gotten accustomed to. Though he had to admit there was just the slightest pain in his wings.

Not completely unbearable, just a simple ache or two. He could move them and easily get off of this cloud, but he chose not to. Maybe later, he reasoned. Thankfully, his rather weird predicament left him in a good deal of shade from the otherwise blazing sun. He’d have to talk to Celestia about toning it down, but that would be in due time. Thankfully, the light breeze and the shade provided by the cloud was giving him just the right amount of comfort.

He considered musing. It was a fitting situation to do so, after all. He wasn’t against it, but simply didn’t feel like doing it. He felt like his thoughts were going to take up all of his time when he could simply be relaxing on this mysterious but comfortable cloud. Then again, what was he going to do with his time anyhow?

He briefly considered just looking over to where Ponyville was. But he settled on keeping his sight on where it’s been the whole time, gazing upwards at the cloud-free sky. He didn’t have to think hard to know why the sky was so clear. It was because of Rainbow, obviously.

His mind shifted. Maybe Rainbow left him on that cloud. Who knows? All he knew was that he was comfy. Was that her intention, if she supposedly left him there? She wouldn’t blatantly ignore the one cloud. Or maybe she was expecting for him to suddenly realize he’s in the middle of nowhere and then frantically fly back to Ponyville.

No, too cruel, he thought. He knew from experience that even Rainbow wasn’t one to take pranks that far. Though, there was something quite off about this cloud. Aside from it probably being the only one in the sky, it also seemed very isolated. He didn’t know how high he was; for all he knew, he could’ve been by the stratosphere. It wasn’t something he was used to, but it wasn’t something he didn’t welcome neither.

The details were condensing in his head. Maybe his mind was finally waking up. If so, he could’ve easily stood up and gotten all of his answers, but he didn’t want to, he was too comfortable. Is this the mindset Rainbow is always tuned into?

He shrugged it off. Maybe he’ll live like Rainbow for a day. If it’s always this comfy, then he didn’t mind.

Though, the more he thought of his situation, the more it boggled him. He felt as if there was just a few details out of place, but the back of his mind told him to just forget about it. It was very comfortable, after all. Who could complain?

And so he resigned to just that. He felt himself sink into the cloud a little bit more, which was something he welcomed. It felt like a mattress made of never ending cotton. He’d have to look into if those were actually invented, or instead have Twilight turn his bed into a cloud. That’d be nice as well.

Or he could simply go live with Rainbow. That seemed like an even better option.

He did always wonder how Rainbow managed to make her house. Maybe she only says that to brag. She didn’t seem like the type of pony who could just meld a bunch of clouds into one giant mansion, as she calls it. Though she rarely ever actually stays in it. He knew this from experience.

He never knew how Rainbow manages to do a lot of things. However, he knew her universal reason for everything was simply “being awesome”. Maybe he should accept that. He didn’t have a problem with Pinkie’s innate ability to detect randomness, so why should it be different for Rainbow Dash?

Maybe it was her awesomeness that always made him smile when he saw her.

Spike decided to make an attempt at moving. If he was going to get revenge for Rainbow leaving him on this cloud, he did need to get up and move. Though upon trying to raise his right arm, he found himself constricted. Not the bad kind like with Mane-iac, but more of a tender hold.

He was unsure of why exactly he couldn’t move. It wasn’t aching him in any way. Maybe he was tied to the cloud? No, that’s impossible, he claimed. Whatever it was, he shrugged it off and decided to lay down for a bit longer. Revenge can wait, he thought to himself.

His thoughts once again drifted to Rainbow Dash. More particular, to his current situation. She has to have had some sort of involvement for this predicament. If he weren’t so comfortable, he’d have gone off to find her. He might be telling himself that he’d give her the pranking of a lifetime, but in reality, he would do the same thing he always did when he saw her. Kiss and snuggle.

And then he heard a sigh next to him, which made him turn his head.

That explains it.

Right by his side, clutching to his arm was Rainbow Dash, who was happily snuggled into his chest and lightly resting against him.

“Hey, Dash?”

“Hmm?”

“Do I think too hard?”

“Yes, you do. Now shut up and snuggle me.”

Spike smiled, and did just that.

Author's Note:

This was made in 30 minutes. Consider that.

Comments ( 25 )

Spike x Dash.. What happened to Rarity?

:duck: Where's Spikey? I need his help today

:twilightblush: 10-9-8-7-6-5

:duck: Why the count down Twilight?

:twilightsmile: Cloud walking spell 4-3-2-1

:moustache: Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:rainbowderp: spike?
THUD
:raritywink: Down here!:twilightoops:

:moustache:Ouch!:pinkiegasp:

Comment posted by SFC deleted May 25th, 2015
SFC

6017408
Diagnosed with cerebral palsy

nice story, short and sweet.

This is on my read later list, but at the moment I feel the need to ask a question.

Recently there's been an almost tidal wave of Rainbow Dash/Spike pairing fics popping up. Does anyone know what lead to this sudden development occurring?

6018266 whatever it is I'm honestly all for it :pinkiehappy:

(I have personally been something of a SpikeDash shipper for a while, so . . . Yeah)

6018266
This site goes through fads quite often. A while back there were a bunch of stories about peaches for whatever reason, and another time it was flooded with HiE's with a human antihero. Just be glad that this one actually produces good stories.

6018266
It's simply best ship in the world :moustache::heart::rainbowkiss: Except, Wilson x Forrest Gump, of course.

Short, comforting (see what I did there?), and only took 30 minutes. Well done, good sir :moustache:

Awesome story bud. Ya did good.:twilightsmile:

wow this is a high of my day.

:rainbowkiss:You did my day.:rainbowkiss:

6017632 Don't get no better then, snuggling, Dash, on a cloud I the middle of the day! Great idea. Nice story!:moustache::rainbowkiss:

This is so adorkable
:rainbowkiss::moustache:

You ship Spidash.

You ship cute Spidash.

Me likey:pinkiehappy:

I like this writing style. Very casual and a light read. Nice twist at the end there. The romance was subtle, but enjoyable, so I've put this story into my group Romance is Magic.

6735856 Thanks man! Always nice to see some positive feedback.

Freaking adorable. :twilightsmile:

I came here to tell you that this story was cute and enjoyable, if slightly nebulous for my taste. Meant to say it a day or so ago, but I chose sleep instead media.giphy.com/media/mTtDdazMpaFi0/giphy.gif

That was... weird. But cute.

Login or register to comment