• Published 25th May 2015
  • 3,078 Views, 46 Comments

The Next Generation of Harmony - SammyRosePony



The ponies you know and love now have KIDS. Read on to experience their adventures

  • ...
8
 46
 3,078

1: And The Adventure Begins...Part 1

Ponyville. Home to many ponies of different species. Earth ponies working hard, Unicorns using there magic, and Pegasi flying through the skies. Ponyville is even home to a princess and her family. Ponyville is also known for its friendship. The Elements of Harmony live peacefully with their families. Those six ponies always brought, cheer, joy, and harmony to the land of Equestria. Though, that was several years ago. Those six ponies are still living in Ponyville, married, and raising their children. At the Castle of Friendship, Princess Twilight Sparkle ruled in Ponyville. She was married to Flash Sentry, a pegasus guard from the Crystal Empire. Together they had three children. Their oldest was an alicorn mare named Midnight Sparkle. Their second child was a pegasus colt named Flashlight. Their youngest was a unicorn filly named Starlight Aurora. Life for the princess was peaceful.

“MOM!”

Well almost peaceful.

“What is it,” yelled Twilight to her three children.

“Flashlight took my Junior Spells Spell Book,” Midnight told her.

“Why do you need it? You’re already so good at magic,” yelled Flashlight.

“Why do you need it? You’re a pegasus,” yelled Midnight.

“Hey I asked you first.”

“I’m trying to teach Starlight spells.”

“Yeah,” Starlight yelled at her older brother. The three of them continued to bicker at each other.

“Oh Celestia these three,” Twilight said to herself. “Look! Flashlight, give your sisters the book.” Flashlight opened his wing and handed his sister the book. “Now, you three go back upstairs.” As they started going upstairs, Twilight received a letter.

“What’s that mommy,” asked Starlight.

“It’s a letter from Celestia and Luna.”

“Did Stargaze send anything,” Midnight asked immediately.

“You love him don’t you,” Flashlight said teasing his sister.

“Shut up.”

“Um, can you three go get my friends,” said Twilight.

“Why?”

“Just go. I-I’ll tell you later,” said Twilight. “It’s just to important right now.”

“Okay mom.” The three ponies left their castle home to hang out with their friends. They do have many friends in Ponyville, but the friends Twilight was talking about was the ones they’ve known forever. They first went to meet up with friends at Sweet Apple Acres.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey everypony,” yelled Midnight.

“Howdy there,” said an earth pony stallion.

“Hey Apple Slice. What’s new?”

“Oh nothin really. Just arguing with Appleseed,” Apple Slice said chuckling.

“Hey! He said I can’t use mah magic to get the apples out of the trees,” said a unicorn colt. “I have to actually buck ‘em out.”

“I know how you feel,” said Midnight.

“Excuse me,” said Starlight. “But where is my best friend.”

“I think she’s in the barn doing-”

“Were you guy talking about me,” an 11 year old earth pony filly said.

“Hey Sweet Apple. What’s up.”

“Oh nothing much. Just looking through random pictures I found in the barn.”

“Really. Like what?”

“Like I found a picture with my dad and my uncle. They were standing in front of this weird looking machine.”

“Oh I know what you’re talkin about,” said Appleseed.

“Yeah Pa said that that there machine made cider. Ma said that Pa owned the machine when she first met him,” said Apple Slice.
“That machine is known as the Flim Flam Brothers Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000,” said a grown unicorn walking to his children. This unicorn was known as Flim. “I here you were looking at old pictures in the barn Sweets.”

“Eeyup. I found tons of cool pictures.”

“What else did ya find,” asked Appleseed.

“Yeah. Was there any of this dude in diapers,” asked Flashlight playfully pointing at Appleseed.

“Shut up.”

“Well I found a huge family picture of a family reunion.”

“Really? Which one? I’ve heard you guys have had plenty,” said Midnight.

“It was one where all of the Apple Family attended. Mom and Uncle Macintosh were younger than what they are now, Aunt Apple Bloom was probably about my age, and Granny Smith was well, alive.”

“That’s mah favorite family reunion. That’s the one where we had to raise the barn,” said an orange mare. “That there is also the one where Aunt Apple Bloom and Aunt Babs Seed did that crazy race, fruit bats attacked ponies, over a hundred fritters were made, and the quilt was finished.”

“Hey mom,” said her kids.

“How did all that stuff happen,” asked Sweet Apple.

‘Well..”

“Because of your mother,” said Flim.

“Hi Flim,” said Applejack

“H-Hey Applejack. We were just talking about the past,” said Flim.

“Like how you were conning ponies by sayin that that there tonic actually worked.”

“Well-I-uh...” All the kids laughed together at Flim.

“Oh yeah I almost forgot. My mom wants you to see her at the castle,” said Midnight.

"Oh my. What's goin on?"

“I don’t know. She said it was too important.”

“Well if it’s too important I best be goin then.”

“Good. We best be goin too. We gotta go tell the others too,”

The three ponies walked off the farm to tell the next pony on their list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They walked up to a house where they have been at on many occasions. Only this house wasn’t on the ground. It was a cloud in the sky with rainbows around it.

“Hey! Anybody home,” yelled Flashlight.

A pegasus colt saw the ponies and immediately flew down.

“Hey guys.”

“Hey Rainboom. What ya doin,” said Starlight.

“Oh nothin. Just being awesome,” said Rainboom.

“You really are your mother’s child,” Midnight thought to herself.

“Rainboom! Who are you talking to,” an pegasus mare said as she walked to the edge of the clouds. “Oh hey. What’s new,” she said as she flew to her friends. “Hey Misty. Nothing new. Can I talked to your mom really quick,” said Midnight.

Aura Mist, or Misty as many ponies call her, is Rainboom's older sister.

“Sure. MOM! SOMEPONY’S HERE, AND SHE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU,” Misty yelled.

“Coming,” said their mom. Soon a blue pegasus with rainbow mane came flying down. “Hey kids. Heard you wanted to talk to me,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Yes. My mom wants to see you at the castle.”

“Really? What for?”

“We don’t know,” said Starlight. “It’s too important I guess.”

Oh. Well I gotta dash then. Soarin! I’m leaving!”

“Okay! you takin the kids?”

“We’re not going daddy,” said Misty.

“Alright,” said Soarin.

“Bye kids. Be back soon,” Rainbow said as she dashed away.

“Hey you guys wanna hangout,” asked Rainboom.

“Sorry but we gotta tell the others,” said Flashlight.

“Okay. See you around,” said Rainboom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We are we going now? My hooves hurt from walking all over the place,” cried Starlight.

“Well lucky for you we’re here. You can go sit down and get a snack,” said Midnight.

“Sugarcube Corner!” The three ponies walked in the bakery. Starlight and Flashlight took a seat at one of the tables while Midnight went to the front. Nobody was there, so she rang the bell.

“Hello. Anypony there?”

“Hold on just a second,” called out an earth pony with high pitched voice. “Okay I’m here.” the yellow pony with a pink mane said as she walked out from the back. “Hello. My name is Cheesecake. How can I help you today. May I interest you in today’s special Lemon Muffin Surprise.”

“I’ll take two for my brother and sister,” said Midnight.

“Hey Nighty! Didn’t see you here,” said Cheesecake.

“Well maybe if you open your eyes before or while saying your little thing maybe you would have realized it was me.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s fine.” As they talked, a pink earth pony with brown mane walked out.

“Hey sis, what are you doing,” asked the pony.

“Hey Berry. Just talking to Miss Midnight Sparkle.”

“Hi Chocolate Strawberry. How’ve you been?”

“Pretty good. Is your brother here with you today?”

“Yep. He’s back there with my sister.”

“You know Strawberry,” Cheesecake started. “Midnight ordered Lemon Muffin Surprises for her siblings. You wanna get two from the back and bring them to them?”

“I’ll make it three,” said Strawberry walking to the back to get the muffins.

“My sister totally has a crush on your brother,” said Cheesecake.

“I’d ship it,” said Midnight.

“So what did you come here for. My Cheesy Sense tells me you didn’t just come here for a couple of muffins.”

“You are so much like your parents. Speaking of parents is your mom around?”

“I guess my Cheesy sense needs to be checked on cause I totally thought you were asking for my dad. Then I would have said that he is not around because he is in Vanhoover planning a super duper party.” The two ponies laughed at the incorrect Cheesy Sense.

“No but seriously is your mother around. It’s kind of important.”

“Really? How important?”

“Important to the point where my mom sent me and didn’t tell me why.”

“Oh that is important. Yes she is here today. Mom! Can you come down here please!”

“Be right there,” yelled a voice from upstairs. The pink mare walked downstairs to her daughter and her friend.

“Hey Nighty! Haven’t seen you in awhile,” Pinkie said hugging Midnight. Pinkie Pie may have matured and had to take on bigger responsibilities after getting married and having kids, but she never lost that personality that made her, well, Pinkie.

“It’s good to see you too. My mom kind of needs you. It’s kind of an emergency,” said Midnight.

“Oh I better get going then, but the shop-”

“Don’t worry mom. Strawberry and I got it,” said Cheesecake.

“You sure sweetie?”

“Totally. Now go face whatever dangers you may face and have to defeat it using the magic of friendship.”

“Thank you. Mr. and Mrs. Cake are visiting the twins in the Crystal Empire, so don’t blow the place up.”

“Don’t worry mom. We got it.”

“Okay. I’ll be back.... Oh who am I kidding I don’t know when I’ll be back. Just know that I’ll be back. Bye sweetie,” Pinkie yelled as she ran out the door.

“Well better get back to work,” said Cheesecake.

“We better go too. We still have a couple of ponies to bring news to,” said Midnight.

“Bye Nighty!”

“Come on Starlight and Flashlight, we gotta go.”

“Okay,” said Starlight.

“Excuse me but Strawberry and I are having a conversation,” said Flashlight.

“It’s fine Flashlight. I got to get back to work anyway. Bye.” said Strawberry.

The three ponies walked out the door.

“So who we seeing next,” asked Starlight.

“I’ll just say this. Out of all of mom’s friends families, we are the closest with this family,” said Midnight. It took Starlight awhile, but she soon realized where they were going.

“YAY!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Are we there yet,” asked Starlight.

“Can you please shut up,” said Flashlight.

“The last thousand times you asked that it was no, this time the answer is yes,” explained Midnight.

“Finally.” The three ponies walked into the building.

“Um.. Hello? Anypony home,” yelled Midnight.

“Well well well. Why it’s Twilight’s kids,” said a figure standing upstairs.

“Uncle Spike,” yelled the ponies.

“Hey how’ve you guys been,” asked Spike.

“We’ve been good. Just been busy,” replied Midnight.

“Us too,” said Spike.

“Yeah. Been training to be in the guard,” said Flashlight.

“Wow. You’re father must be really proud,” replied Spike.

‘I’ve been trying to get my cutie mark. I tried everything and still no cutie mark,” said Starlight.

“Don’t worry. You’re only ten. You still have a couple more years,” said Spike.

“Not when you and your two friends are the only one’s in your class that doesn’t have their cutie marks.”

“Speaking of friends,” Midnight started, “Is-”

“Jade home? Yeah she’s upstairs. I’ll call her down,” said Spike.

“That’s not what I-”

“Jade Crystal! You’ve got friends over!”

“Coming,” yelled the dragon-pony hybrid. “Hey Midnight. What’s up?”

“Oh nothing. I didn’t come here for you to be honest.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah. I came for your mom,” Midnight said looking at Spike.

“Why do you need to speak to Rarity,” asked Spike.

“My mom wanted me to get her for her. It’s an emergency. After this I’m off to Fluttershy’s.”

“What kind of emergency,” asked Jade.

“We don’t know,” said Flashlight.

“Yeah mommy wouldn’t tell us,” added Starlight.

“I’m assuming it’s some kind of friendship thing,” said Midnight.

“Well maybe I should just go since Rarity isn’t home at the moment,” said Spike.

“Go where,” asked a unicorn standing in the door way.

“Hi mom,” said Jade.

“Hello my little jewel,” said Rarity, “Oh and Hello to the royals too.”

“Hi Aunt Rarity. My mom said there’s some kind of emergency and she needs you to go to the castle,” explained Midnight.

“Oh wow. We haven’t had some kind of emergency in years. Well I guess I’m off.”

“Can I come too,” asked Spike.

“Fine. You are part of them team anyways.”

“Alright let’s go,” said Spike walking out the door.

“I’ll be back later,” Rarity told her daughter.

“Okay mom. Have fun,” Jade said as her mom walked out the door. “So you’re off to get Fluttershy after this?”
“Yeah.”

“Maybe we should get everypony and just hang out,” said Jada.

“You know that’s not a bad idea. We’ll totally do that after. Well we better get going.”

“Okay see you later then.”

“Okay bye!”

“Bye!” The three ponies walked out of Carousel Boutique and towards the direction of Fluttershy’s house.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three ponies walked up to the small house in which the last of their friends lived. Midnight knocked on the door and a yellow-green pegasus with pink and yellow mane opened the door. “Hey Midnight. What brings you here?”

“Hi Lightning Rose. Is your mom home,” asked Midnight.

“She sure is. Mother! Midnight needs you.” Not to long after a yellow pegasus with pink mane flew down.

“Why hello Midnight. Okay let me guess, your mother sent you guys to get me because there’s some kind of emergency,” said Fluttershy.

“Wow,” said Flashlight.

“How’d you know that,” asked Starlight.

“Angel Bunny was being a bad boy and snuck into the castle and heard everything.”

“That’s makes sense,” said Midnight.

“I gotta go then. Bye.”

“Bye mom.”

“Hey where’s your dad,” asked Midnight, “Haven’t seen him in awhile.”

“He’s at the gym,” said Lightning.

“Again.”

“Well his name is Bulk Biceps.”

“Yeah. Hey wanna hang out. we are gonna gather everyone and just hang out.”

“That’s sounds fun. I’m in.”

“Okay. Let’s go.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was towards the end of the day when 12 ponies between the ages 10-20 returned to the castle.

“That was so much fun,” said Cheesecake.

“I know it’s been so long since the last time we hung out like that,” said Misty.

“Yeah. Well we’re here at the castle. I’m assuming our parents can tell us about the emergency,” said Midnight.

All 12 ponies walked into the castle. The castle was quiet, but a little too quiet. Midnight knew something was up. Usually when all of there parents were talking, they could at least here muffling from the door. Yet there were no sounds except for there own hoof steps. “I have a feeling something bad happened or is going to happen,” said Midnight.

“What makes you say that,” asked Strawberry.

“Well for one thing,” Midnight started, “Our parents are no where to be found.” The 12 ponies walked into the throne room which was empty.

“Okay that there is weird,” said Apple Slice.

They all walked around to find any clues on what could have happened. Starlight walked up to her mom’s throne. On the throne was a piece of paper. She read it.

“What do you got there,” asked Midnight.

After reading it, all Midnight could say was, “Oh no.”

Author's Note:

To be honest, I'm not the best writing:ajsleepy:. But I really enjoy it:twilightsmile:. This isn't my first story, but this is my first BIG story. I hope you guys enjoy it.:pinkiehappy: