• Published 22nd May 2015
  • 7,556 Views, 1,562 Comments

It's OK to Be a Pony - David Silver



Lyra Heartstrings, transformation specialist and social worker for those who believe they were not born ponies. These are her therapy sessions, both in group and in private.

  • ...
53
 1,562
 7,556

PreviousChapters Next
14 - Defending What's Right

Lyra arrived and, after knocking, gained entry to the house. She smiled at her little ponies. She wasn't sure since when she felt so protective about them, but they were like her foals. Some of them were growing up so well, and it made her heart swell with joy; but others were hurting, and she wouldn't give up on any of them. "I heard Samantha came back here?"

Steven pointed off to one of the bedrooms. "She said she's Sunny Morning? What's going on?"

Lucy shrugged. "She went native, obviously."

Thomas made a dismissive wave of a hoof. "I have to get to work, let me know what's going on later." And he was gone.

Shattered Stone emerged from his room with a mare Lyra didn't recognize. She raised a brow at him, wondering if he was back to his old ways.

Shattered flushed and gestured back at his companion. "Have you met this lovely unicorn? Her name is Deep Thought."

Deep smiled lightly at Lyra, looking her over. "I'm told you're his caretaker?"

Lyra tilted her head. "Yes, that's a good description. I'm looking after all the ponies here." She gestured across all the gathered ponies. "Nice to meet you, Deep Thought. I'm Lyra Heartstrings."

Deep stepped up to Lyra and offered a hoof, and they bumped in a friendly way. "I hope you don't mind my dating Shattered? He's such an interesting stallion."

Dating? Lyra felt the tension leave her. They were actually dating... "N-no! Please, I hope you both have a wonderful time."

Deep tipped her head at Shattered, and they trotted out together like a happy couple. Lyra looked to the others. "How long have they been together?"

Before an answer was forthcoming, the living room window shattered, admitting a figure that was rapidly shrouded in some kind of gas with a loud hissing from a dropped canister of some kind. Lyra summoned a quick shield around herself, but this didn't let her see through the rapidly building fog. She heard the thumps of her ponies hitting the floor and began to panic.

She was suddenly shoved back as her attacker rammed into the shield, but it held firm. "We've got one still standing, repeat, one still standing."

"One what?" She demanded. "Get out of here! You're trespassing!" Not that she thought yelling at the intruder would work. Though she could barely see it, it sounded male. She focused her magic on his outline and fired a hostile blast of transmutative magic, rendering them suddenly into the form of a common farm chicken. Their things fell to the ground in a heap. No longer wearing whatever protected them from the fog, they suddenly got woozy, then fell over. Lyra grinned in triumph at her quick thinking.

She found the cannister still spewing the gas and tossed it back out the broken window with her magic before opening the door and letting the house start to air out. The air in her bubble was starting to go stale, but before she let it drop, she found the chicken-i-fied intruder and pulled him into the shield with her, quickly tying him up before fleeing outside where she could let the shield drop and catch her breath, panting wildly. Her thoughts went to the still draining transformation, keeping it up at all costs.

The gas eventually cleared, and the others woke up, as did the chicken, but he could only cluck and wriggle around, secured by an angry-looking Lyra. Steven emerged from the house, looking woozy but intact. "What happened?"

Lucy and Sama... Sunny Morning came out afterwards, sharing the feeling. Lyra nudged her captive with a hoof. "This pony just crashed in and attacked everypony!"

Steven tilted his head. "A chicken attacked us?"

Lucy snorted. "He wasn't a chicken then."

"Oh."

Lyra sighed. "I'll let him turn back, but be ready for anything, alright?" They nodded, and she let the spell go. Suddenly there was a tied up human between them, and they all gaped.

Sunny Morning spread her wings. "It's him!"

"Him who?" asked Steven, looking between her and the mostly naked human. "Why is there a human here? I thought the portal made you a pony if you weren't already one."

Lucy pointed at the human. "Tell that to him."

The human was rapidly becoming not a human. Bright purple fur exploded over his form and his hands clenched into hooves, and soon he was an earth pony with no cutie mark. Lyra shook her head slowly. "I didn't do that, I swear."

The pony scowled at Lyra. "Yes you did. You took away my respirator."

Lucy shook her head violently. "I don't get it. Does that mean we were human until we breathed?"

Sunny Morning snorted angrily. "No! I wasn't ever a human. I know it!"

Lyra went into the house and poked through his things, finding the respirator and bringing it out. She tossed it in front of the human. "Here."

He shook his head. "Too late for that now. I have to get back. Let me go!"

"Let you go?! You attacked them!" Lyra pointed at her charges. "You're going to jail, that's where you're going."

He went sullen and quiet. Steven perked an ear at Lyra. "I have a few ideas, but nothing solid. Want to hear?"

Lyra wobbled a hoof. "Lay it on me. It can't get any more confusing than it already is."

PreviousChapters Next