• Published 24th May 2015
  • 3,848 Views, 156 Comments

The lone spark - Fictional Fanatic



There is a reason why certain things are not allowed. Reasons why our parents tell us not to do things we see no harm in. They are the elders who know from experience. And now, so do I. Always listen to your parents, don't wander off and buy props.

  • ...
20
 156
 3,848

Meeting the locals. Well, not really.

I was having the time of my life. My new powers were amazing, I only had to think of any of the moves Pikachu could learn and I was able to use said move. And once used, I could use the move by repeating the necessary motion or feelings required to use the move. Something I discovered through continuous use of agility.

As I was speeding through the forest I eventually grew bored of only using agility to increase my speed and mobility, so I decided to use a few other moves on the go. My favorite became double team, something about there being several Pikachu mes running beside me just made me feel better.

However, eventually I grew bored of even that, the agony I felt from my craving stomach made me return to my previous task of looking for food. I was lucky enough to find a few more berry bushes and made the same tests I did with the first ones. After deeming them edible I cleansed the bushes of their berries to fill the void in my stomach called hunger. Berries being a poor substitute for a full meal was a given, but it was currently keeping me alive. I almost started considering trying to make some kind of weapon and take up hunting, but the fact that I had never killed an animal before and had seen close to none, other than a wooden wolf told me it would most likely have been a waste of time. Besides, I didn't even know the first thing about hunting.

As I looked for food I continued to listen to the few sounds of the forest. I was not going to be ambushed by another one of those wolfs again, even if my moves did still affect them. Speaking of moves, maybe I had something to help me find food?

Trying to remember all the possible moves a Pikachu could learn I got lost in thought. Eventually I remembered a move that could be of help. Echoed voice; a move that lets the user send out a sound wave that echoes, and the more it's used the more powerful it becomes. There was a possibility I could use it for echolocation, I knew watching Discovery channel would pay off!

Now a little bit excited to see if this would work I gave the move a try. "Echoed Voice!" I shouted as I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of my own voice echoing between the trees of the forest. Unfortunately I got nothing from it. Deciding it was too early to give up I opened my eyes and tried again, to my disappointment it all ended the same. Maybe I really wasn't as smart as I believed, or maybe I was doing it wrong? In any case I decided I had played around with my abilities far longer that I should have and resumed my search for food, now even more hungry from pulling out more advanced moves.

I was starting to tire unusually fast as well, I had no idea why and decided it would be best for me to try and retreat to my tree. The problem however was that I for some reason no longer recognized my surroundings. I was still in the same forest but I could not for the life of me remember my way back to the tree. As the panic started to rise up I tried to convince myself that it was no big deal, it wasn't like the tree was my actual home, it was only to protect me from wind and cold so I had I place to sleep. But it didn't help me as it reminded me both of the fact that I now have no place to sleep, and the fact that I have no idea where I am and most likely won't see my home for a while.

Tears already forming in my eyes I was running around in panic, the forest around me was a blur as I no longer cared for where I was running. All I wanted, all I wished for was to outrun this forest and be done with it. A headache began building up and was quickly draining my energy away from me. Still running around, panicking, tired, hungry and now a headache to top it all off. I really needed help, but before I could elaborate to myself how would get said help in the middle of an unknown forest, a much stronger headache hit and I fell into unconsciousness.


Zecora was now fairly worried about what was going on in the forest. First the lightning strike, then the missing berries and now the high echoing. Something new had definitely entered the Everfree, and it seemed far from anything else that could be found in the Everfree before. And still, the little zebra found herself in the unfavorable position of having to travel through the forest to gather even more ingredients for her remedies and brews. Some of the ingredients could be found in Ponyville, but the most rare ones were only to be found in the forest known as Everfree.

So there Zecora was, searching for said ingredients. Under normal circumstances Zecora would not worry about the forest as she had almost been able to defeat any and all of the beasts that had claimed it as their home. But now, with a new creature, one she hadn't even seen or heard anything about before now, it was far too unpredictable. She was keeping her guard up for anything out of the ordinary, ready to bolt for safety at any given moment. One could never be too cautious when it came to the unknown.

And yet, fate seems to provide one with the opportunity to stand up against ones fears and look them in the eyes. This time, as a creature clothed in bright yellow colors having passed out on the ground. Still cautious, Zecora neared the fallen creature. Not having seen one like it before, it was a perfect opportunity to investigate said creature while it was sleeping. Zecora noted how the creature was lying in the middle of the forest. This could mean only a few things: Either the creature was strong and confident enough to sleep like this, no other creature daring to attack it, or the creature could have fallen from injury. There was also the possibility that the creature was baiting it's pray to come closer.

Zecora could not pass up this opportunity, but took her time in nearing the creature. Only once she got close enough could she see the face of the creature clearly. It was clearly in pain, further inspection showed the creature was releasing weak electrical discharges from two big, red spots on it's cheeks. To her big surprise, Zecora realized that what she had earlier thought to be bright yellow fur, was in fact clothing. The a small inspection made it clear that the creature itself had close to no natural fur or hair on its body besides the mane on its head, the exact same color as it's clothes. Either this creature was sapient, or it could pass as somepony's pet. But Zecora believed it would not make sense for anypony to have a pet of such size, even though she had heard of tamed manticores.

In whatever case, Zecora came to the conclusion she could not simply leave the poor being here. Its face, clearly showing discomfort meant it was no natural sleep it was having. A quick check confirmed Zecora's suspicions about the creature having a fever. It was most definitely sick. She would have to take it back to her home if she wished to treat it properly.

Zecora looked back towards her home and sighed, this might take a while.


It had taken Zecora far less time to get the creature back to her home, it was apparently lighter than she had first thought. Once home, she had managed to put the creature in her bed and undressed it. She had however stopped once it came to the second layer of clothing concerning the lower regions as the creature had begun to stir any time she tried. It was most likely because of the creature's tail. Zecora could not understand how this piece of clothing had originally been put on as it didn't seem to have been made while taking the tail into consideration. Maybe the tail was not originally a part of the creature? Had it perhaps fallen into a patch of poison joke?

However, Zecora found none of the usual signs for having come into contact with poison joke. Unable to solve the mystery she had left the garment on and had begun to try and help the creature with its illness to the best of her ability. She however had to work slowly, making sure that whatever she tried didn't instead do harm as she was actually trying to help a creature of unknown species. And even these slow advancements in trying to help the creature eventually came to a stop when Zecora realized she might have been a bit too hasty in her decision to help this creature. It posed her no threat, but animals were far from her personal specialty. Perhaps she could take a trip to Ponyville and gain the help of the pegasus mare by the name of Fluttershy?

During her preparations for heading out she once again looked towards the creatures clothing and noticed something that had earlier escaped her gaze. Apparently there was something written on the clothing with small letter. Taking a closer look to satisfy her own curiosity she read the one single word. "Caesar".

"Perhaps the creatures name I have seen? Written here on clothes so clean." Zecora thought to herself. Indeed the clothes were relatively clean for having been inside of the forest for who knew how long, or perhaps the creature had simply entered the forest not so long ago and gotten lost? Whatever the case, the answers would most like come later, right now she had to go and find a certain pegasus.

After having prepared to head out, Zecora hesitated. Turning back towards the creature she thought: "Perhaps I am doing this wrong?"

As she looked to the creature and its worsening condition she made up her mind.

"Do not worry, I won't be long." She told the creature before she set out for a direct course towards Ponyville, her usual gear for travel in the Everfree in her saddlebags at her sides.

Author's Note:

And, finally. Here it is. Onward, to the next chapter!

So... Next chapter is a crossover... Didn't expect one so soon, did ya? And no, this one is not just simply for the heck of it, this is actually important for the story... I will not spoil it any further.

And finally, thanks to Greycait for proof-reading.