• Published 28th May 2015
  • 918 Views, 56 Comments

Warriors: The Next Three: Book 1 - Different Perspective - Kyle_67



Petalpaw, a cat from ShadowClan, receives a prophecy from her old leader about 3 cats who come from another world.

  • ...
4
 56
 918

Chapter 1

Sunlight shone through the blinds, lighting the room up. A warm breeze drifted in through the open window, and birds flew by the house. The cloud walls allowed even more light and warmth in, making it almost impossible for a normal pony to keep sleeping. Rainbow Dash kept sleeping, however, as she was no normal pony. It was only Tank's breakfast that would get her up.

Rolling out of bed, Rainbow Dash yawned and trotted over to her pantry. Grabbing a premade salad of alfalfa leaves, bananas, and apples, she poured a serving into Tank's food bowl. Grabbing a bowl of her own, she poured the last of the salad into her bowl. Making a mental note to get more later, Rainbow sat down on her sofa and grabbed her book. She smiled as she picked up where she left off. She was just starting to read when a knock at her door confused her.

That's odd... Rainbow Dash thought as she padded to the door. Why would anyone be here at 7:36 in the morning? She opened the door to a very cheerful looking Pinkie Pie. The look on Pinkie's face indicated that she was excited, and also thinking about pie. It was a weird expression.

"Hey Pinkie! Do you want to..." Rainbow started to talk until she glanced up at Pinkie Pie's hat. "That's a very, er... cool hat, pinkie!" The hat in question was a plush cat with a scarred nose and a torn ear. There was also a bruise on the front left leg.

"Its cool, right?" Pinkie said, bouncing so much that Rainbow thought she'd fall through the cloud porch. Then Rainbow wondered why she hadn't fallen through yet. Maybe she got the cloud-walking spell from Twilight...

"Nah, I didn't get a spell from Twilight," Pinkie said. "I used my helium." Rainbow blinked. Had she said that out loud? Rainbow glanced at the cat hat again. Something about the scars and bruises seemed familiar... Then it clicked.

Rainbow used her tail to stop Pinkie's bouncing. "Is that Plumfrost from the Warriors series?" Rainbow was sure of it, but was shocked when Pinkie shook her head. "Then what or who is it?" She questioned. Pinkie shrugged.

"I dunno. It was at your front door. Oh, let's share it!" Pinke smiled. She obviously liked the hat. Rainbow grimaced. She hated sharing, and especially hated it when a friend liked a belonging of hers and wants to wear or play with it. Her mind flashed back to the time when Rainbow Dash and her old friend Gilda the griffon tried to 'share' a Hayburger kid's meal toy. Gilda hogged it and when Rainbow complained to her dad, he said that sharing was caring. Rainbow growled.

"Well, I'm sorry then." A very deflated Pinkie Pie was staring her in the face. Snapping back to reality, she realized that she had growled after Pinkie asked the question. Uh-oh She thought.

"Pinkie Pie, wait! We can share!" Rainbow shouted. After a moment, Pinkie pie bounced up from nowhere looking refreshed. Looking down, she realized that there was a trampoline at the bottom of her house.

Huh. Weird.

Looking back up, Rainbow found Pinkie with two more hats on. She was taken aback.

"Pinkie Pie..." She said cautiously, as if something was going to jump out of the hats and devour her. The two extra hats were both cats. The first one was a sky blue with rainbow markings on the tail and above the eyes. The second one was dark-pink with a light-blue tail and a light-pink underbelly. She realized with a creeping feeling of dread that these were cat images of her and Pinkie Pie. "You have two more hats on." She observed carefully.

"Oh, really? I do?" Pinkie looked up, but she wouldn't be able to see them. "I don't... they weren't..." It wasn't often that pinkie was at a loss for words. Holding back a snort of amusement, Rainbow started to get worried.

" If you didn't put them there," she said slowly, thinking while speaking of who could of put them there, "who did?"

Pinkies eyes grew very large. She gasped. She took in a deep breath and screamed:

"TWILIGHT!" Pinkie jumped off the building and missed the trampoline. Rainbow was horrified, until Pinkie Pie got up with no injuries and started to race toward Twilight's castle at a very fast speed. Rainbow dash shuddered. She had been chased twice by Pinkie Pie, both times Pinkie Pie had caught up. Rainbow went inside, grabbed her book, and said goodbye to Tank before flying in the direction of the castle.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Twilight set down her coffee, grimacing at the taste of it. She didn't enjoy drinking it, but it was the only thing that would wake her up after an all-night study session. Well it was going to be a study session... Twilight reflected. She had spent the whole night reading the Warriors series. She had read 10 books in total and wanted to read more, but she had many papers to sign.

She sighed as she took another swig of the coffee. She had to admit she was feeling more awake. At 7:41 in the morning, it was very quiet in the castle. Twilight didn't like it. She missed Rainbow Dash crashing into the walls while doing stunts, and missed the thin wood walls that let in talk from outside. Hearing an earsplitting crash, she spun around and saw Pinkie catapult though her castle wall and scream the same thing over and over again.

"Get it off! Get it off!" Twilight noticed at once she was trying to scrape four very weird looking hats off of her head. Panicking, Twilight cast the time freeze spell. It took a moment for Pinkie Pie to realize she wasn't moving. She brightened when she saw Twilight.

"Hi, Twilight! I was looking for you." Her smile faded and a worried look crept onto her face. "I need your help with these three funky hats." Twilight blinked. She recognized they were from the Warriors series. Plumfrost was on the bottom, but Twilight was surprised to see that she couldn't recognize the three on top. The one at the very top reminded Twilight of herself; the same lavender color, with a dark pink ear. As she undid the spell, she noticed something odd about what Pinkie had said.

"Pinkie, there are four hats on your head," Twilight pointed out. Pinkie's eyes widened, and she sucked in air, about to scream. Before she could do this, Twilight put a hoof in Pinkie's mouth.

"Please don't scream, Pinkie," Twilight said. "I don't think my ears can handle any more noise." When she removed her hoof from pinkie's mouth, something crashed into the wall on the other side of the room, and when Twilight and Pinkie spun around, the wall crumbled and let Rainbow Dash fall through.

"Twilight, cool, you're here. Pinkie has these weird-" She broke off as she stared at Pinkies head. "This is not good. What does all this mean? And why am I a cat on Pinkie's head?" Twilight realized she was right; the second cat on the pile looked a lot like Rainbow dash.

Twilight mulled over the hats for a heartbeat, and then came to a conclusion. "I dunno."

Pinkie Pie looked shocked, as did Rainbow Dash. "But, you have to know! It's freaky and magical and I don't like it." Pinkie said this as she slumped down with her hooves crossed. Rainbow Dash nodded.

"I have to agree with Pinkie Pie," Rainbow said. "This magical whoseitwhatsit is right up your alley." Twilight got mad. Why did she have to be the one with all the answers?

Twilight took a deep breath, realizing something. "I think," Twilight said, finally remembering an old lesson by Celestia, "that this is a way of communication from another world." As Rainbow and Pinkie both looked shocked, she carried on. "Long ago, Princess Celestia received several packages filled with plush dogs and weird writing. It turns out another world where all inhabitants were dogs needed help, so the dogs sent over things to multiple worlds try to convey a message that they needed help. The dogs used their writing though, so scientists only discovered this recently. They didn't have proper funding, so they didn't pursue the SOS."

Rainbow looked interested. "So you're saying that the magically appearing hats are actually an SOS from another world? Filled with cats?" Her eyes lit up. "Oh my gosh, it would be so amazing to visit the other world and help them!"

Pinkie Pie, who had remained silent, stood up. "But Plumclawfacecat or whoever was on the stack with them." She turned to Rainbow Dash. "Do you think the cats in trouble are those from your book series?"

Twilight felt a twinge of irritation. Why didn't I think of that? Her irritation was soon replaced with amazement as she realized what this meant. She could feel herself smiling.

"OK," Twilight said. "Let's go then!"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Go?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Go where?"

Rainbow realized that Twilight was grinning like an ape. "Isn't it obvious?" When Rainbow and Pinkie both shook their heads, she carried on. "We have to go to the world as cats and help them."

"What?"

Rainbow felt sick to her stomach. Moments ago, she wanted nothing more that to go to a world full of cats, but after learning that the world is probably from her favorite books, she would have to become a cat, and the feat was actually possible made her very, very reluctant. Ever since she was a breezie, she had dreamed of becoming another creature, like a dragon.

Pinkie Pie looked skeptical, too, Rainbow noticed. Pinkie started pacing, obviously thinking deeply. She's actually considering it! She realized with a jolt. Rainbow couldn't believe that one of her closest friends was considering becoming another creature.

"But we can't," Rainbow pointed out. "We have families and jobs, not to mention we're the bearers of the elements of harmony. What if Tirek comes back, or Discord turns evil?" Remembering the two villains turned Rainbow's blood to ice. She would never let somepony else think she was a scaredypony, but she got freaked out thinking about them.

"I'll just cast a time-freeze spell!" Twilight said. "It makes time stop for the user and its targets but not for anyone else. To other ponies, nothing happens; life doesn't skip a beat. If we were in the cat world for 3 years, when we came back and deactivated the spell, we would be older but no one else would." Rainbow was still a little confused. Great explanation, Twi...

More questions flooded Rainbow's mind. "OK, that's all fine and dandy, but how would we get back?" There was no way Twilight had an answer to this one. Rainbow was shocked when Twilight smiled. That meant another explanation was coming.

"I'll simply say the code words that I can set." When Rainbow Dash opened her mouth to argue, Twilight continued. "I'll make it something that no cat would ever say since they don't know about our culture."

"What are the code words?"

"Hayburger burgers are tasty, yum yum yum."

Rainbow Dash snickered. "And how are you sure you wont say that while dreaming about them?" Twilight blushed. At the same time an enthusiastic yelp came from across the room.

"I'M IN!"

Rainbow gasped, while Twilight nodded, obviously trying to remain calm. Rainbow could tell she was giddy.

Rainbow sighed, knowing she had to go. Rainbow Dash had experience fighting villains as a superhero, and hunting for rats with Gilda. Without her, Twilight and Pinkie would be lost. On the other hoof, she was still concerned Twilight's spell would not work. If it did work, however, and they made it there, they wouldn't know the first thing about anything. She took a deep breath and spoke two words.

"I'll go."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Author's Note:

Thank you for Foxy Fox for finding errors!