• Published 16th May 2015
  • 819 Views, 22 Comments

Mages of Etheria: The Infinity Matrix - Nova Arc



Difference brings harmony; harmony brings hope; hope brings heroism. Join students of the Chantalot Guild Academy as they discover their destinies and learn their part in stopping an ancient evil.

  • ...
6
 22
 819

Advanced Training: Endurance

After walking for about an hour, Digit, Sunset, Nox, Amethyst, Zest, Trixie, and Savannah were standing in front of a tall apartment complex, about five floors up. "Your sister lives here?" asked Sunset.

"Yeah," Digit replied. "When she graduated, she decided to move out and get her own place. It's pretty close to her school."

"And what school would that be?"

"The Starswirl School of Advanced Studies."

"Whoa, that's big! That's one of the most prestigious schools in Etheria!"

"Who’s your sister anyway?" asked Amethyst. "I've never met her.

"You will soon," Digit responded as he swiped a keycard over the sensor to open the door. "She's home." They took the elevator to the third floor. Luckily, no one was in the lobby or the elevator. What would they say when they were asked why they looked like they just got into a fight with a powerful warlock? 'Oh, we did get into a fight, but not with a warlock. He was this tall guy with a big-ass scythe and a punch that could turn your lungs into a vacuum. That's what happened to her,' they'd say, pointing to an unconscious Trixie on Amethyst's back.

"Dang, she is heavy!" Amethyst kept adjusting Trixie's angle so they wouldn't fall over.

"Don't worry, we're here." They stopped in front of a well maintained wooden door with the number '305' plastered on it in brass. Digit knocked on the door.

"Coming!" A few seconds later, the door clicked and opened and there was a girl standing in front of it. She was like a carbon copy of Digit: long, snow-white hair with blue streaks on the side, bright blue eyes, and a fairly tanned skin tone. She stood at about 5'10', just about two or so inches above Digit. She wore a white sleeveless crop top, light blue short-shorts and blue flip flops. She did not look pleased. "Oh, it's you."

"Hi Pixel," Digit groaned. "What's up? You look terrible."

"And you look like shit."

"Jerk."

"Train wreck."

"Fat ass."

"Dumbass."

They glared at each other for about a good five seconds before bursting into laughter. "HAHAHAHAAAA! Never gets old."

"Like you apparently."

"Aw, aren't you sweet," she said, embracing him in a rib-cracking hug. "Who're your friends?"

"My teammates, Amethyst Luster, the unconscious one's Trixie Lulamoon, you remember Zesty Blitz, Nox Moonrider, Savannah Wild, and Sunset Shimmer."

"Pleased ta meetcha! Sunset Shimmer, huh? So you're the one..."

'Here we go," thought Sunset.

"... That helped beat the Sirens? Cool."

'Not what I was expecting.'

"Oh, you thought I was gonna ask about the whole she-demon thing?" she asked, noting Sunset's shocked expression. "Past's in the past. Come on in." Her apartment was roomier than they had imagined. When they entered, there was a hallway to the left that led to the bedrooms and bathroom. To the right, the entrance to the living room, behind it was the kitchen. There were two flat screen LCD TVs, one with cable and another with a PS4 connected to it. Behind the TVs was the balcony that gave a beautiful view of the town. "You may wanna clean up first. Then tell me why you look like you just got into a fight with a powerful warlock." They looked at each other in an 'I told you so' manner. "Bathroom's first door on your left down the hall. Girls can use the one in my room, that's the door on your right."


"Princess, we need to talk." Zecora, Spellbinder, and Luna had left the lounge, but Creed held Celestia back.

"What is it?" she asked.

"It's about that group."

Celestia thought for a while. "Ah," she said, realizing who he was talking about. "What about them?"

"With all due respect, is there any reason you put the six most different people in the school on the same team? I mean, the only thing in common between them is their proficiency in their work and something rather horrible related to their past."

"I understand your concerns, but something tells me that isn't your only problem."

Creed looked for ways to word his statement without sounding paranoid. Impossible. "It's Digit. You know he's a-"

"Yes, I am fully aware. Why?"

"The others are the same. The items react anytime they use magic, and we both know that there is a limited number of those in the school."

"You think it could be them?"

"I'm scared that it's them. I heard the story of the Guardians. When united, they were unstoppable; no evil could get past them. But when there was as much as a crack in the unity, the consequences were rather..." He couldn't find the words to quantify the devastation.

"I understand your concerns. Keep in mind that I am always... almost always prepared for any occurrences. Digit himself is aware and is doing everything in his power to control his abilities. I doubt any of his teammates know."

"I doubt they know about the other thing as well. It isn't the kind of information you'd proudly give out."

"That hasn't been a problem for years."

"No, but if it comes up along with his untamed power, we may have a big problem."

"Don't worry, Creed," Celestia said, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, "everything is under control."


"... and so Digit teleported us out." Sunset finished telling Pixel about their run-in with death Rainbow Spring Forest.

"Ugh, that place used to be so peaceful," Pixel said. "What of your sleepy friend?"

"She's awake. Thanks again for the clothes."

"No problem."

Pixel was bigger than all of them, so the clothes were a bit oversized. Sunset was wearing a long pink hooding and blue shorts, Amethyst was wearing a red t-shirt and track pants, and Trixie came out wearing a white tank top and blue shorts. The boys borrowed some of Digit's unused clothes. Zest wore a yellow t-shirt and blue shorts, Nox wore a black tank top with matching track pants, and Digit wore a blue sleeveless top with black shorts.

"You guys owe me, big time!" Digit had never worn those before, and he wanted to. That was the whole point of leaving it at his sister's place: so no one could ask him for it.

"What?!" cried Zest. "Dude, after everything we've been through, and I'm not just talking about today. Is money really the main issue here?"

"Yes," Digit said blankly. Nox said nothing.

"You guys were lucky," said Pixel.

"You have no idea," said Digit. "Hey, can I talk to you... alone?"

"Sure." They got up and went to her room.

"Um, what are you doing?" Amethyst asked Trixie as she tip-toed to the door. "That's an invasion of privacy."

"So is a guy putting his hands down a girl's pants, but I don't see anyone doing anything to stop it," Trixie said. "To double it up, most girls enjoy it."

"Not the point," Amethyst said, face-palming. "Besides this is different." Amethyst thought for a while. "You could just use the internet, you know?"

"What?"

"Look, we're growing up. It's natural to have uncontrollable... urges. But I doubt Digit and his sister are into the whole... sibling fetish."

"WHAT?!" Trixie's face was now as red as s ripe tomato. "Are you crazy?! I just want to know what's so important and personal that they had to lock the door!"

"You sure? 'Cause you look a bit... hot, if you know what I mean," Amethyst added with a smirk.

"Y-You have problems! I told you-"

"Okay, okay. But then again... WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU LISTEN IN ON SOMEONE ELSE'S PRIVATE CONVERSATION?! HAVE YOU NO DECENCY?!"

"Ssshhhhh! Do you want them to hear?"

"Look, Trixie, let’s just leave 'em be," said Sunset. "It's probably a family matter we should stay out of."

"True that," agreed Amethyst.

"... Fine," Trixie surrendered.

"Okay, who wants to show the boys that girls can kick ass in Call of Duty?" Amethyst asked, cracking her knuckles.

"Count me in," Sunset said as she made her way to the living room.

Meanwhile

"Dampener spell?" Pixel asked, noting the rune Digit carved into the door.

"Neither side can hear the other."

"Huh, Blackbane and the Changelings. Sounds like the name of a rock band."

"Yeah, kinda," Digit replied.

"Well, if they keep to the forest, there shouldn't be too much of a problem. But what of you?" Her voice was suddenly filled with concern.

"No voices, no pain, no mirages... I've been good for almost five months since the last time."

"Well, that's good news. And the powers?"

"Betting better. Crystal and Blaze have been helping and a few teacher that know gave me a few tips. And I also got this." He pulled down the neck of his shirt to reveal part of a large Q-shaped rune with what looked like chains wrapped around it.

"Strong binding spell," Pixel commented, admiring the architecture of the mark. "Princess Celestia?"

"Rune by Celestia, chains by Luna. So even if it happens when I'm not in control, they'll know."

"Nice. So," she added, cracking her fingers, "the usual?"

"Yes, please." He turned around, lay down and Pixel proceeded to massage his back.

"Dude, there are more knots in your right shoulder blade than in the twisted trunk of a three hundred year-old tree."

"Yeah, fighting a powerful mage and nearly dying will do that to you."

Meanwhile

"Sunset!"

"I got you! Watch you're back!"

"Nox, we're getting hammered! Where the hell are you?!"

"Really? I'm watching you. Dude, I told you I hate Greenband."

"Dude, it’s close-quarters. I thought you'd be good at it."

"Hey, Zest?"

"Yeah, Amy? ... Oh no. Don't you dare!"

"Bye-bye." Bang! "WOOHOO! Winner by total annihilation, the girls!"

"NOOOOOOO!"

"Whatever."

"No fair! You both had shotguns!"

"Yeah. And your bots were on hardened while ours were regular. How was that fair?"

"You said make it a challenge."

"Hey Zest?"

"Yeah Sunny?"

"Just accept the fact that you just lost to a couple of girls."

"What?! What of Nox?"

"He accepted it the moment you chose Greenband." Zest eyed Nox.

"What? I'm not going to lie or fake that we even stood a chance."

"WOOO!" Sunset and Amethyst high-fived, then low-fived, then chest-bumped. "We rock!"

"Wanna put your money where your mouth is?" They all turned to see Digit and Pixel standing behind them.

"Oh, you're done?"

"Yeah." Digit looked at Zest and shook his head. "A whole summer of practice, wasted."

"Dude, it was Greenband."

"What? Didn't you learn your lesson when you went up against Star?" Digit face-palmed. "Okay, so who wants to go up against the champions next?" he asked, gesturing to his sister and himself.

"Uh huh. Yeah, nope. You're on your own with that suicide mission," Zest said, backing away. Nox manifested a cloud and laid down, pretending to sleep. "Got any food?"

"I had clothes for each of you..."

"*cough* mine *cough* *cough*"

"Check the fridge."

Zest opened the fridge. "Sweet Valhalla! Take me now!"


"Digit. Digit. Digit... ARGH!" The sound of crystals shattering echoed through the young queen's cave every so often. "Why can't I remember?"

"Perhaps it has been a while."

"No. The sound of the name is too fresh in my head for it to have been that long. It must have been less than a year. Ten months, tops."

"Perhaps a friend."

"Nah. I'd remember." Soon, she gave up... for the time being. "Anyway, where are Nightshade and Descent?"

"Out on a hunt. They'll be back soon."

"Sooner than you think." Bane looked back at the throne room's entrance to see a Skyborn with dark blue ethereal wings, dark blue hair, and dark blue eyes. She wore a dark purple flight suit with a dark gold lightning bolt running diagonally across it, a black crop-top flight jacket, and black boots. "Miss us?"

"I only noticed you were gone when I couldn't hear you beating the life out of my troops," Bane replied. "Where's Descent?"

"Right here." From behind Nightshade came a figure dressed in a similar attire. His flight suit had a hood with a design like a mouth with razor sharp teeth and he wore a black cloak instead of a flight jacket. His dark blue hair was hidden by his hood and his dark blue eyes were barely visible through his black tinted flight goggles. He was carrying a rather large, brown, scaly creature over his shoulder. "I have no idea why we changed jobs if I was still going to do all the heavy lifting."

"Well, you're the big strong man, aren't you?"

"I used to take that as a compliment."

"And now?"

"It signifies when I'm being screwed over by my partner."

"Enough squabbling you to," the queen said calmly. "I'm starving. What do we have for dinner tonight?"

"Well, we have a light vegetable salad made from a variety of herbs I picked up from the forest and marinated for three days..."

"Um, I'm not eight Bane."

"For dessert, we have a delightful strawberry soufflé made with water from the resonance lake..."

"Ooooh, me like," the queen said, drooling. "And the main course?"

"Dragon meat steak."

Then, she bored her fangs. "Yummy," she said, smiling.


Sunday was uneventful. They slept through the whole day due to their little... scuffle and eating a large meal... a very large meal that took all morning to make, and the rest of the day to finish.


"Thanks again, sis."

"Anytime, bro. Try visiting more often. Saturday night was fun. You guys sure you don't need a lift to school?"

"Nah, we're probably gonna need to burn off the four-course meal we made and ate yesterday."

As they walked out of the building, they waved to Pixel, standing at the entrance. Sunset and Amethyst with looks of utter disbelief on their faces. "512 to 104. And the 104 were all bot kills and suicides," said Sunset.

"That's more than two times the gap we gave Zest and Nox," said Amethyst.

"Told you guys it was suicide," Zest said. "Then again. I was wrong. It was a massacre!"

"I'm surprised Trixie didn't attempt to prove how 'great and powerful' she was at video games," Amethyst commented.

"I don't have to prove anything. I would've mopped the floor with you all!"

"Uh huh. So, anything happening in school today?"

"Crap."

"What is it, Digit?"

"Name finalization."

"... Crap."

"Okay, how about a temporary name? We'll change it after about a month. That should be enough time."

"And what name will we use?"

Digit simply smiled.


"Are you sure?" asked Celestia.

"Yep," replied Digit.

"And a one month trial? Well, okay... there. Team Spark has been entered into the system."

"Thank you."

Later

"Team Spark? Really?" Amethyst was the first to comment.

"I didn’t see you making any better suggestions."

"Touché."

The day was relatively uneventful. Biggest thing was the separation of Eco Enforcers into the Earth Elements and the Forces of Nature. Now, team meeting were being held. Until...

All students, please report to the auditorium for a special announcement.

"Well, let's hope something interesting happens," Sunset said, "Because I am bored out of my mind right now."

"I hear ya," Amethyst said.

The auditorium was packed. Students were sitting together in their respective groups. Team Cross sat between Team Harmony and Team Crunch. "Hey, Twi. Hey girls," Sunset greeted.

"Hey Sunset," Twilight replied. "How did the trip go?"

"It was... good... I guess..."

"Uh huh," Twilight grinned.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Celestia spoke as the student started to settle, "I hope you have had a good first week? As you may know, only students who have gone through orientation may start taking missions this week. However, things have changed." There was a lot of chatter and debating on what could possibly have changed and why. "This year, your orientation... will be an external assignment." There was a loud gasp amongst the students. "That's right. You will be tested by going out into the field and performing a task arranged by Vice Principal Luna and myself. However, I have heard that some of you have received First Call Permission Slips. In which case, teams will competing for who gets called on higher class missions and assignments. While others will be oriented by team, your teams will be oriented together."

"That's new," said Twilight.

"That sounds awesome," said Rainbow. "Wish we got one. We already have our permission to start next week."

"Good luck Sunny," Pinkie said, hugging Sunset, "and your whole team. Oh, have you guys picked a name yet?"

"Team Spark." They stared. "It's temporary."

"Ah."

"Well, at least you final have a name," said Rarity.

"Now, the teams competing are... Team Symphony..." a large musical not with headphones and waves around it appeared on the screen behind her, "Six Storms..." a lightning bolt cutting a cloud in half, "Forces of Nature..." a wheel of water, earth, fire, wind, and lightning around a giant tree, "Team Spark..." a bright orange flame with a grinning face and sharp teeth, "The Illusions..." a five-point star with a moon in the middle, at which Trixie cringed, "and Team Xplosion," a mushroom cloud. "The trial will be held from Wednesday to Friday in three weeks. Prepare yourselves, for this could be one of the toughest tests of your time in this school."

"Three days?" pondered Twilight. "Talk about pushing limits. What could it possibly be?"

"They probably have to fight off some horrific monster," replied Rainbow, imaging a dragon.

"Why would you say that?"

"Because fighting a horrific monster would be awesome!"

"Say what?" Applejack asked, confused by her logic.

"I hope not," said Sunset.

"Now, you may return to whatever it was you were doing. However, this is not a way for you to dodge assignments and skip classes. You will continue with your academic studies without a hitch. Otherwise, you will be disqualified and unauthorized to attempt any external missions until next semester. Now, off you go."


That week, teams involved in the trial hurried out of their class so they could get dibs on the gym and the field to train. Team Spark, however, had their own personal spot.

"Are you sure?" Amethyst asked as they approached their training ground. "I'm pretty sure it was abandoned for a reason."

"Trust me. It's fine," replied Digit. "Nox can vouch for it."

"Why me?" asked the shadowy boy.

"Because you are one of the few people that have been here with me. Don't worry. It's safe, secure, and structurally sound. Plus, it's abandoned."

"I've heard bad things about abandoned places," said Sunset.

"Yeah, well, this place is different. Oh, we're here." They stopped in front of what looked like a massive factory. Concrete pillars, metal vats, generators, and trucks filled with unknown materials surrounded the complex. On the front was a sign that read "Elixir Processing Complex". Below it was a sign the said "CONDEMNED. KEEP OFF!".

"Um..." Sunset was even less confident to go in. "Why was it condemned?"

"Nooooobody knoooows," Zest said, imitating a ghostly voice.

"Knock it off," Amethyst said, punching him.

"Plus, we've got coaches."

"Really? Who?"

"Same guys that trained me when I wanted to enter the academy."

"Us." They looked ahead and saw Pixel in black and pink track pants, pink sport bra, white trainers, and black jacket with pinks racing stripes. Next to her where three other girls and two guys: two wore blue flight suits with a golden lightning bolt cutting vertically across it and black boots, the difference being that the upper part of the girl's suit was open and hanging around her waist, revealing a light orange crop top, matching her orange hair and eyes, while the guy had blue hair and green eyes suit was in two pieces, his jacket open to reveal a white tank top. Another guy had indigo hair, matching eyes, and wore a cloak over a white shirt, gray trousers, and black boots. The girl standing next to him had chestnut hair hidden by a cowboy... cowgirl hat, bright hazel eyes, and wore an orange shirt tied up to be a crop top, blue jean short-shorts, brown chaps, and brown boots. The last girl wore a white sweater over a blue shirt, a long pale blue skirt, and white sandals. "Hello again. It's been a while."

"Yeah, three days, to be exact," Digit replied grinning.

"Wow, sharp as ever," said the older girl in the flight suit.

"Guys," Pixel said to Digit's group, "Meet my old team while I was at the academy: Surprise Strike, Aerial Ace, Chrome Midnight, Harebell Dust, and Sapphire Droplet." The two teams greeted one another. "So, who’s ready for the workout of their life?"

No reply.


"Well, any luck?" Celestia asked Creed. The four of the five teachers, Zecora being the missing one, were once again gathered in the lounge after the students had left the school.

"Same reactions," Creed replied. "But I still have no idea what is reacting to who. Spellbinder has been helping with that though."

"I see. Well, Zecora is still in the Everfree trying to see if anything there can help us. If the item's magic can be felt here, either it's powering up or it's closer than we think. And neither one of those is a good thing."

"Incoming message. Members assembled.

They made their way downstairs and took their seat. Their companions popped up soon after. The brown figure was now designated... giant chocolate banana split?

"What? I love those. Then again who doesn’t?"

"Can we please get down to business," said the mauve figure, a lot less cheery than usual. "And please stop using those absurd pictures. This is a serious issue."

"Wow. Someone's in a pissy mood."

"Yeah, involuntary insomnia will do that to a person," she snapped.

"Cherilee," Celestia said giving her an eye a mother would give a rude child.

"Sorry, Princess. I haven't slept in three days straight. I'm kind of... edgy."

"I understand, but I told you to do a little research, not engross yourself in it."

"I know. But this is what I meant by it being cursed. Every time I find something, it somehow disappears when something else comes up. Every loophole seems to have a failsafe. It should be impossible for anyone to find the items, let alone use them."

"Use them? Why not?" asked Spellbinder.

"Ah, of course," the brown figure said, hitting his forehead. "I added another special precaution in case of the near impossibility that anyone found the items. They need my permission to use them."

"How?" asked the blue figure.

"I need to cast an activation spell on it by injecting my own magic into it. And no," he added, looking at Spellbinder, "They can't just accumulate raw chaos magic from the atmosphere and add it themselves. The flow and concentration of energy will be off. It won't work."

"Well, that's a bit reassuring," said the blue figure. "Any other "special precautions" we should know about so we can make Miss Cherilee's work a bit easier?"

"I'll let you know when I remember," he said with a smirk. "Where's the fun in telling you everything?"

"But I don't get it," said Cherilee, "Won't the Elements of Harmony be able to stop whoever control's the power?"

"That's the thing, we're not sure," said Celestia as she brought up an image of what they knew as the Tree of Harmony. "My sister and I were not the first ones to wield the Elements. Before us were the Guardians of Harmony, six powerful mages that discovered the magic of friendship and how those virtues could be turned into a powerful anti-darkness power."

"That will never stop being cheesy," said the brown figure.

"As I was saying, the first time they went up against someone who possessed that power, they didn't even attempt it alone. They sought the help of six others who discovered six other virtues that could banish darkness." Six other points lit up on the tree. "They were called... the Elements of Heroism."

"Heroism?" Cherilee asked, flipping through a book. "Never heard of that one before."

"Try the Lost Elements of Virtue."

Cherilee froze. "But... according to research, that's an ancestral power. It can only be wielded by those of particular lineage... and that lineage must be pure."

"Exactly. Which is one of the reasons I'm holding the trials."

"If any of our students were part of that lineage, I'm pretty sure we would know by now."

"We do," said Creed, "The question now is who... curse you Zecora."

Cherilee stared blankly. "S-Seriously?"


"Yes seriously." Surprise was hovering over Zest. "You need to improve your endurance."

"By crashing into a wall?" Zest asked, confused and, admittedly, a bit terrified.

"Exactly. Later, I'll teach you how to fly through it."

"Why don't we just skip to that part?"

"Where's the fun in that?"

"Everywhere!"

"Come on, Digit," called Pixel, as Digit tried to keep a concrete pillar from falling on his head, "I thought you had a hit count of over 3000?"

"3641, to be exact. I got better."

"Uh huh. I'm not seeing it."

Harebell was walking around him, making adjustments to his posture. "Ya gotta push up with yer whole body, not just yer arms," she said in a strong country accent. "If not, they'll snap like twigs holdin' up a barn filled with hay from the pressure." Suddenly, she was in front of him, adjusting his arms. She stood at 6'4''. Her Amazonian figure had earned her the very name. Digit reddened slightly as her breast came to his face. Then she leaned forward. His arms straightened, suddenly. "Oops, mah bad."

"N-No problem," Digit said, forcing back the redness.

"DIGIT!" cried Sapphire, "I saw that!"

"What?" he asked innocently.

"That pervy look in your eyes."

"Don't forget the blushing," added Harebell, causing him to avoid eye contact.

"And the sudden strength to hold up a thousand pound concrete pillar," Pixel added, earning her a glare from her younger brother.

"Seriously, you're in the middle of a training exercise," Sapphire said, disappointed. "I always thought you had more self-control than Zest. Now I think I see where he gets it."

"Hey," he said, dropping the pillar sideways, "I'm a sixteen year-old boy with hormones and a girl... Amazon with her you-know-what's in front of me. By all means, sue me for my natural biological wiring."

"Fair point," said Harebell.

"Really?" asked Sapphire, a bit confused. "I always thought you hated guys that did that."

"Digit actually ain’t bad, just... a boy. Ah think we can use that to our advantage."

"You won't try that with Zest?" Pixel asked, curious.

"Hell no! Have ya met the guy? He'd tumble over ya as an excuse to get a good grip."

Pixel burst into laughter. "Okay, just don't suffocate by brother, alright, Amazon? Those jugs could be used as airbags."

"Haha," Bluebell laughed sarcastically, "Real funny."

"Am I missing something here?" asked Sapphire.

"I think we both are," replied Digit.

Meanwhile, Aerial was training with Nox to help increase his speed by throwing electrified clouds at him. Nox managed to dodge a good majority, but that became a problem when Aerial started throwing two at a time, which he managed for about three minutes before getting sandwiched between two high-voltage clouds.

Trixie, Sunset, and Amethyst were running laps to build up endurance. Amethyst was doing fine. The two other mages, not so much. "This... is... suicide," Sunset said between breaths.

"I think... that's... the next... exercise," Trixie said, huffing.

"What, suicides?" Trixie nodded. "Crap."

"C'mon ladies, put your back into it," Pixel cried from the stands. "Amethyst left you behind like three laps ago. How're you holding up, Digit?"

Digit was now doing press-ups... with his legs straight up... on one hand... balanced on Harebell's stomach. Each time he went down, her breasts were mere inches form his face. Two voices sounded in his head. One said, "Come on, just a little further. Going lower works out your arms more." The other said, "Dude, have some respect for her and yourself. And get some self-control while you're at it." Her stomach was firm, but she moved constantly, watching how quickly Digit could regain his balance. "Ah never too ya for the pervy type, Digi."

"Digi?" he thought. "Really? We're using my old pet name now?" "I-I'm not. This was all your idea." At one hundred, he got off her stomach.

"Uh huh, ah believe ya," she said, unconvinced.

"Okay, everyone in." Digit's teammates were all sweaty and tired, but managed to drag themselves to meet Pixel and her team. "Okay, you guys have done pretty good, but next is the main event. After a ten minute break, each of you will spar with each of us."

"Oh ho ho, we are so dead," said Zest, staring at Chrome, who cracked his knuckles while eyeing him.

"Y'got that right," Amethyst added, staring at Harebell, who had tied the string of her hat and wore it round her neck. "Anyone know a good hospital nearby?"

"Yep, but it's a ten minute walk... unless you can fly." They looked up to see a winged figure flying towards them. The blue creature landed on Digit's head, its pink scales shone brilliantly in the sunlight, as did her bright yellow eyes. "Don't mind me," she said, "I'm just here to watch."

"Hey, Sparks," Digit said, scratching the dragon's chin. "Where have you been?"

"Off the corner of Boredom and Insanity. But now, I just wanna see some action!"

Author's Note:

Dun dun duuuuuun! So, not as much action, but next, we'll see Team Spark take on The Recoded (Pixel's team). Line-up for the next episode:

Digit VS Harebell
Amethyst VS Chrome
Zest VS Surprise
Sunset VS Pixel
Nox VS Aerial
Trixie VS Sapphire

If y'all have better idea's for the match-ups, please let me know in a comment. As I said, there will be data pages for the teams. I got no request, so unless I get one in the next 24 hours, I'll do Team Symphony first. This will also be a good chance to get a sneak peek at the competing teams, as those are who I'll be doing first. If there are any you'd like to see specifically, ask, and ye shall receive. Again, I appreciate the support. Stay tuned and stay awesome!

Also, can you guess the identities of the remaining unrevealed council members? A prize awaits the winner... perhaps!