• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 1,766 Views, 35 Comments

Unexpected Emotions - MidnightBlaze16



Rainbow Dash discovers she has a crush on Twilight and has NO IDEA what to do.No idea where I'm going with this kinda just improvising.

  • ...
11
 35
 1,766

Chapter 1 - Realization

Author's Note:

FINALLY I'M ACTUALLY DOING A TWIDASH STORY!!!! This has been my OTP for SOOO LOONG and oly just got around t writing my own! I do't really have much of a plan for this story so this should be fun :twilightsheepish:
Just a quick guide:
"talking"
'thinking'
'conciuosness'

KNOCK KNOCK

The door was surrounded by a purple aura and opened to reveal the newest Princess, Twilight Sparkle. “HI Rainbow! Ready for our reading session!” Twilight asked

“Yep!” said Twilight’s prismatic friend. “Though I finished the last Daring Do book a few nights ago, so I’ll need a new series to read,” she said, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly.

“That’s fine. I actually wanted to show this series I found. It’s rather different to Daring Do but I’m sure you’ll like it,” Twilight said, inviting Rainbow inside the library she called her home.

“OK then?” Rainbow followed Twilight and got settled into her usual reading position on the carpet by the fire and watching Twilight walked over to a bookcase to find the book she was looking for, watching her flank for a bit longer than she should have.

Twilight walked over, book in aura and settled down next to rainbow, her side against Rainbow’s, causing the pegasus’s cheeks to heat up. ‘I still don’t know why that happens…’ she thought.

Twilight put the book down between them. On the cover was a grey and purple maned kinda nerdy-looking pegasus stallion and a brash and more cool-looking orange and blue-maned unicorn.
“Ember Burst and Shadow Amethyst. This is the first one in the series, there are 5 altogether. It’s a lot like Daring Do only with a little bit of a more advanced story-line and some romance between the 2 main characters.” Twilight explained.

“OK then, let’s try this out,” Rainbow said, opening the cover as she beginning reading.


As Rainbow read on, and the mare in the story, Ember Burst, began to fall for the stallion, Shadow amethyst, she began to notice some similarities between Ember’s emotions and her own. Lately she had been getting certain…feelings, around Twilight. Stuff like her cheeks warming up, a warm feeling in her chest whenever she was complimented and feeling heartbroken whenever she was sad, willing to do anything to cheer her up. And now that she thought about it, she always had thought that Twilight was stunningly beautiful…but she never thought anything of it.

Rainbow’s eyes widened as she looked at the alicorn by her side, her eyes – her beautiful eyes – running across the page at twice, no, three times the speed that Rainbow’s could, her wings twitching a little as Twilight had yet to get used to her new appendages. Twilight looked up, her eyes meeting Rainbow’s for a few seconds before Rainbow blushed and hurriedly looked back down to her book.


The two mares continued to read for a bit, but Rainbow was distracted the whole time by the alicorn at her side. She tried to tell herself that it was just a coincidence, but the more she read, the more similarities she found. She couldn't deny it anymore – Rainbow Dash had a crush on Twilight. Rainbow’s brain was like a war-zone.

‘But…I can’t have a crush on her! She’s Twilight, and, I’m me!’

‘So? Ya know opposites attract?’

‘But-‘

‘You can’t help this Dash. Besides, imagine just think of how awesome it would be for Twilight to be you marefriend!’

‘I guess it would be pretty cool…but…it wouldn't work out…’

“What wouldn't work out?”

Rainbow’s head shot up and her eyes widened, blushing as she realized she had said that last part out loud. “N-nothing! Just never mind…”
“Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything, right Rainbow?” Twilight said, seeming concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I should be getting home, it’s nearly Tank’s feeding time,” Rainbow said, packing her saddlebags, adding in the new book. “Thanks for the book Twi!” she said as she flew out, leaving a rainbow trail behind her.



“It wouldn't work out…”