• Published 14th Nov 2011
  • 28,545 Views, 472 Comments

Hiatus - Vargras



Redeemed, Luna finds she must spend a year in order to recover. But how will she pass the time?

  • ...
27
 472
 28,545

Bonus Chapter: November 1st , Post-Night Mare Night

Another Night Mare Night had come and gone, and Celestia had already retired to her quarters. The Princess peacefully slept within her bed, her soft breathing the only sound that could be heard within the chamber. Slowly, the door to her room opened, a beam of light piercing the darkness - another being, also of royalty, quietly made her way in. Floating just behind her was a tube of whipped cream, glowing a faint blue as it glided through the air. Luna made her way to her sister's bedside, gazing upon her sleeping sibling with a look of disdain and mischief. She had spent months planning that night out to ensure everything would go perfectly, and her sister's 'helpful tips' had nearly ruined it - it had only been salvaged thanks to the efforts of Twilight Sparkle and her friends.

"So, dear sister, you wish to have some fun at my expense?" The young Princess grinned in the darkness, and just her smile seemed to give off a light of its own, making for a truly eerie sight. Slowly and carefully, she pulled the cap off the tube, pouring the whipped cream onto the side of one of her sleeping sister's hooves. She really did have to marvel at how ingenious this prank would be - it may have been childish, but it was so very worth it. With the full contents of the tube gone, Luna carefully set it upon the floor and moved onto the second stage of her plan. A feather flew up from the floor and over to Celestia's face, hovering just inches above her. Carefully and ever so slowly, it began to brush against the elder sister's cheek. Her face twitched slightly at first, but failed to elicit the reaction Luna was hoping for. Soon, however, it began to happen - Celestia's foreleg twitched, and she gradually brought the selected hoof up to itch at her cheek, spreading much of the whipped cream all over her face.

Luna's own snickers of delight were interrupted as her sister began to wake up. She warily eyed her sibling and quietly made her escape, giggling constantly as she ran through the halls of the castle. Celestia half-opened her eyes, and for the longest time, she stared at the whipped cream-covered hoof in confusion. It was only then that she noticed a rather odd feeling upon her face, and the Princess quickly put two-and-two together.

"LUUUUUUUUNAAAAAAAA!"