• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 238 Views, 1 Comments

Cotton Candy - I_AM_OCTAVIA



Filly Pinkie Pie finds out about cotton candy and gets a little crazy...

  • ...
 1
 238

Cotton Candy

I went to bed with Gummy sleeping by my pillow. I was smiling because mom and dad had agreed to keeping him. I wonder what I will do tomorrow, and remember that the carnival was coming to town! Gummy and I could go and have a blast! I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep, which wasn't easy because I was so excited, but I finally did.


The next day, I jumped out of bed. Of course, everypony else was still sleeping. It was 5:00 am, for pony's sake! I always wake up this early. Luckily, my new bestest friend Gummy is awake. I pick him up in my arms and spin him round and round.

"Oh, Gummy! You and I are going to have the most fun in the history of fun! Today we're going to the carnival!" I smiled at Gummy's blank face then set him down. "We'll go on rides, play games, take random photos, and discover new things!" He blinked in response. "I knew you'd be just as excited as I am! Let's go wake the others up!"

I sneaked into my parent's room, Gummy hanging onto my hair, and climbed onto their bed, like I do every morning. Then, I jump up and down screaming something different than I usually do. "Carnival's her! Carnival's here! Let's go! Get outta bed, sleepy heads!" This obviously wakes everypony else up, as planned.

"Carnival? What carnival?" asks Limestone. She looks like she's starting to get excited.

"The carnival's coming to town and I want mom and dad to take us! So, what do you say?" I hop off the bed and look at my parents, who are now fully awake. They look at each other.

"Well, we do have a lot of work to do..." Mom says. "But you girls have never been to the carnival..."

"Oh, why not?" Dad says. "Of course we'll take you!"

"Yay!" Limestone, Marble, and I exclaim. Maud does, too, but barley. She doesn't show her enthusiasm quite as much as me and my other sisters do.

Soon, everypony was ready to go. It was 9:00 am, now, and we could hardly wait to have some fun!

When I arrived at the carnival, it was nothing like I had ever seen before. There was so much to do that you could never get bored! All around me, ponies buzzed with conversation and laughter. It's like this place was made for me! I ran around excitedly, looking at all the wonderful things, not even bothering to ask my parents first.

There was a Ferris Wheel, games where you could win stuffed bunnies, shows, more games, and little mini rides! And then I saw something that amazed me. I ran over to it and read the sign.

Cotton Candy

It was pink and fluffy and it was spinning in a bowl-type thingy. Interested in it, I asked for some, and passed the bits over, barely reaching the counter. The pony uses a stick and puts it in the spinning cotton candy, and it picks up the pink fluffy stuff, as I watch, intrigued.

As I sit on a bench, I stare at what I just bought. I wonder what I'm supposed to do with it. I could just go ask Maud or the rest of my family...or I could try to figure it out myself! Anyway, I already had some ideas of what it was meant to be used for.

That's when I remember Gummy and look behind me. He's still there, hanging onto my pink fluffy tail. I look at the cotton candy, then back again. Cotton candy, back. Over and over again, faster and faster, until I gasp loudly.

"Gummy!" I exclaimed. "My tail is made of cotton candy and I haven't even noticed for all this time!" He blinks. "Now I just have to ask Maud how to use it...I've been staring at it for hours and still don't have a clue!"

"Have you tried eating it?" Maud replies blankly.

"Hmmm...no, I haven't! Thanks, Maud, again!" And so I happily bounce off to find the cotton candy that I had left at my bench. When I find it, I slurp it down in one bite, stick and all, spitting the stick out when I notice that it's not meant to be eaten.

"Oops, sorry Gummy. I didn't mean to eat it all without you getting any! That was good, by the way." I smile to my alligator. Maybe my tail tastes this good. Gummy would know, of course, but he can't talk, so I'd have to try it myself. Surely it would taste as good as cotton candy itself, right? This is what I thought as I tried biting into it.

It tasted just as good as Mom's burnt scrambled eggs. I spit my tail out of my mouth. Huh. Maybe it's not made of cotton candy. Cotton candy would never taste this bad in a million years. Oh, well. I didn't want to eat it anyway. It's too cute and poofy.

So, I happily hop to play on something else before we have to leave. For sure, this is the most fun I've had in ages.

Author's Note:

Extra ending:

We went home that night, all my family smiling. Being at the carnival may have been tiring, but it sure was fun.

"Pinkie, why are there bite marks in your tail?" Maud asks, looking at the part that had gotten taken out by my teeth.

"Two words. Cotton. Candy." I explained. She nodded, understanding. And no one ever spoke of it again...

Comments ( 1 )

"Carnival's her!

here

, but barley

barely
just a couple mistakes.

Login or register to comment