• Published 15th May 2012
  • 26,715 Views, 1,613 Comments

How Every Shipfic Would Actually Happen - TheOnly



A realistic view on shipping fanfics

  • ...
140
 1,613
 26,715

Rarispike

Twilight trotted to the wooden door of the library, pushing it gently open to make sure that she didn't wake Spike up. She trotted into the room, dropping the books she was carrying onto the ground. It wasn't late yet, so she searched for a good book from the shelves and started to read, but not before she made sure Spike was tucked in.

She trotted up to the bed, but to her surprise it was empty. She checked the entire library for Spike, but he wasn't there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rarity giggled and held Spike close. She smiled as he returned her embrace.

"Let's take this upstairs," she said. Spike's eyes widened as Rarity got up and trotted to the stairs. As Spike picked himself off the ground, he let out an audible yawn, stretching his arms out. He blinked a few times, trying to shake off his drowsiness.

"Spike are you coming or not?"

Spike nodded and took a step forward, but he fell over and plopped onto the ground. A few seconds later he was snoring. It was way past his bedtime, even though it was only about eight o' clock. Rarity rolled her eyes. She didn't want to wake Spike up, but he couldn't stay sleeping on her floor, and she didn't have a spare place for him to sleep. Her horn lit up as she levitated him gently into the air. She brought him back to the library, sure that Twilight was out for the night.

Opening the door, she trotted inside with Spike floating in the air close behind her.

"Rarity!"

Spike dropped to the floor and woke up instantly. Rarity stood straight by the doorway while Twilight approached her. Spike pushed himself from the ground and stood up, scratching his head where it hit the ground.

"What are you doing with Spike, Rarity?" asked Twilight.

"I was... I was just, um-"

"I was at her place after our date," said Spike proudly.

Twilight's eyes widened, and then became cross as she stared at Rarity. "You're dating Spike?!"

Rarity looked at Spike and then back at Twilight before nodding her head shamefully.

"Rarity, Spike is a baby and you're an adult mare. You should know better. And besides, there's no way I'm letting you date Spike. This relationship is over!"

"But MOM," complained Spike.

"Quiet Spike, go to your bed and sleep," demanded Twilight, ushering Rarity out of the library.