• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 379 Views, 2 Comments

Melody of Nightmares - NightStream



Alicorns were treated much differently than they are now. Here is a story of one such tale.

  • ...
 2
 379

Chapter 6: Encounter

As they left Nightmare promised Melody she would teach her how to fly whenever possible. Melody soon learned that Nightmare was teasing Nightstream a lot, but he showed no sign of it working or not. Soon a month had passed and Melody was slowly getting better at flying. When they had stopped to make camp when the sun was setting, Nightstream felt something coming.

“What is it?”

“Something is coming, and I have a bad feeling I know what it is.” Soon enough howling was heard, and it sounded close as well. When it ended eyes were peeking out from the trees and the shape of a creature could be seen.

“I was right then, Timber wolves.” Nightmare and Melody got up and got close to Nightstream. Then about twelve timber wolves were surrounding them.

“We can take them.” Nightmare said as she got ready to use magic.

“No.”

“Why? I mean both of us could easily”

“One of us needs to protect Melody, and I can assure if we both decide to fight she wouldn’t make it.”

“Well you can protect her and I can fight them off.”

“Well from the howling I can say that more are on the way, so if you can forgive me for what I am about to do.”

Nightmare got cautious “What do you mean.”

Nightstream’s horn then lit up and Nightmare and Melody both felt a strange feeling as they were being teleported. Nightmare then looked at Nightstream with worry.

“Sorry about this, but if I am not back within an hour. Well come find me please.” And then he Teleported them away and Nightmare shouted no.

Nightmare was still holding out her hoof while shouting no when they landed somewhere else. Both of them looked and found themselves on a hill away from the fight. Nightmare was about to fly off towards him when Melody stopped her.

“I am going back for him so get out of the way!”

“No.”

“Explain. NOW!”

“First off he sent us away so you could protect me, second he has an idea of what might happen. But why are you crying?”
Nightmare then put a hoof over her eyes and found Melody was right. She turned around and couldn’t face her right now.
Melody came around to face Nightmare. “Is there a reason you want to go to him?”

“Yes.” Nightmare said looking down as tears kept coming from her eyes.

“Can you tell me?”

“I won’t forgive him if he doesn’t make it back.”

“Why?”

“He made me a promise when we were younger that we would always have each other’s back no matter what happens.”

“Is that the only reason?”

Nightmare was silent for a while before sighing and looked at Melody in the eye “I love him and I don’t want to see him in pain.”

Melody cracked a smile “So that is why you were teasing him.”

Nightmare also cracked a smile, but tears were still in her eyes. “Yeah, I was hoping he would make a comment. But instead he just rolled his eyes or ignored them completely.” Nightmare no longer smiled “If he were to leave me, I would be all alone. I can’t handle that thought at all.” Nightmare started to shake and Melody came and hugged her. Nightmare embraced her as well and was crying into her shoulder.

Soon a very bright light was seen and they both looked at where it came from. They saw a white dome covering the area where they just were. Then from the sky what looked like a star had fallen from the sky came and impacted that site. Nightmare was horrified as the thought of Nightstream lying in that area dead came to mind. She looked at Melody and they both nodded and flew off towards that area.
Back when Nightstream teleported them.

Nightstream sighed as he looked around the timber wolves that were surrounding him. “Now we can dance without interruption.”
Nightstream gave a cocky smile at them and they growled at him and jumped towards him. Nightstream teleported on top of the nearest one and used his magic to burn it. He moved onto three more before he had to stop. They all stopped as they looked upon their fallen brethren. More howls were heard from the forest and Nightstream’s eyes grew wide as he realized that he would soon become overwhelmed. Quickly thinking about to do he decided to use his magic to create a forest fire. But before he could react a Timber wolf came and closed its mouth around one of his legs and tossed him aside. Nightstream flinched from the pain and got up with difficulty. Soon Nightstream was covered in bruises and was bleeding badly. He was pinned under a paw of one Timber wolf and it was growling deeply as it came closer to bite his neck.

“Well this looks bad for me, I guess I have no choice but to use “that” spell. Ugh this is going to hurt a lot.” Then he lit up his horn and it glowed an unnatural white instead of the normal blue color. His eyes also turned white and he yelled out as the entire area was covered in a dome. Some of the Timber wolves managed to get out of the dome before it closed. Then a falling star came and impacted the area and when the dome collapsed no one was up, including Nightstream. Ten minutes later Nightmare and Melody came and saw what had transpired. They both looked around and saw the bodies of Timber wolves burning. Then Nightmare finally saw Nightstream and ran over to him.

“NIGHTSTREAM!!” She then started to shake him. “Wake up, please wake up.” He didn’t move. “No, please don’t let this be happening right now.” Nightmare was crying. “You made me a promise, you were supposed to have my back while I had yours you idiot pony.” Nightmare put her head against his and closed her eyes as tears kept coming out. Melody came over and was horrified as tears were in her eyes as well.