• Published 17th Apr 2015
  • 13,961 Views, 360 Comments

A Forsaken Symbiote - Brony Parasite



A human Displaced becomes Venom and gets turned to stone for no reason Stuff happens. Enjoy!

  • ...
63
 360
 13,961

How To Dress, How To Dance, And How To Make Friends

{Lee Connor/Xilery’s PoV}

For the next week, I learned how to be a pony. Walking wasn’t an issue since I had to walk on all fours when I’m fused with a pony, so I was in the clear their. But acting like one was a bit difficult. I was also having eating problems… I was craving weird things like pickled hayfries, and burnt toast. I was also licking my pillow in my sleep. Weird, I know...

The sleeping arrangements were: Twilight on master bed, Spike in basket, and me in the extra bed(from the episode where Rarity and AJ had a sleepover with Twi).

We told Spike that Princess Celestia sent me as a new friend to study about new bonds. He bought it, and I almost did myself. She had told him with such a straight face that I thought she’d been thinking it was true! She was the perfect host for me…

Anyway! So, as I was saying, Twilight was helping me with settling in as a pony. She used a scanning spell on me, and figured I was a normal pony, but my magic sense was stronger than most ponies. I asked her what that meant, and she explained.

“All beings have magic. Earth Ponies, Pegasi, Unicorns, Dragons, Griffons, etc. Unicorns have the ability to use magic in it’s purest form, while others have a more subtle use. Unicorns, and Alicorns with the proper training, can sense this aura of magic. In your parasitic form, you are undetectable to that sense, but in this form, you're a beacon. But as long as nopony is using the spell to detect magic aura, you should be fine. Earth Ponies might feel uneasy around you because of your aura, so be careful.”

I understood that 100%! And it made me uneasy. But, Celestia wouldn’t know I had this form, so I’d be golden.

But those things weren’t bothering me. No, what was really bothering me was…

The dance.

It was tonight, and I needed to figure out how to tell the lavender Unicorn that I… That I…

That I don’t dance… There, I said it. Singing I can do, but I’m a horrible dancer. I mean, Twilight was bad, but I was worse. I was called names for how bad at dancing I was! And I have a fear of ponies. It wasn’t that bad with Silver(gosh I miss that chick), but that was mostly because her ponies were mello, and I ended up getting drunk… I suck at drinking! One glass made me drunk for three or four minutes! Good thing I don’t have a brain… I walked right into that one didn’t I?

So that’s one of my phobias. Dancing. And Ponies, but that’s two. I didn’t want to fail Twi though…

I sighed. “What’s wrong?” I jump from the sudden sound of Spike’s voice. The little drake was right next to me.

I shake my head. “U-uh- Nothing. Just thinking.” I hated the fact that I sounded like a scratchy version of Twilight.

“Nothing wouldn’t have you hyperventilating.” He said. I froze. I was what? He continued. “It’s okay. I understand getting freaked out over… Whatever you are freaking out over.”

I took a deep breath. “Twilight and me are going to a club tonight, but I can’t dance if my life depended on it...”

Spike seemed to stop dead in his tracks, then started laughing. “Oh my gosh! That’s it!? Hahah!” Was I so trivial? I thought he’d react better than that.

“Shut up. It isn’t funny!” I didn’t like Spike. He always called me ‘copy-cat’ because I looked and sounded like Twilight. I really couldn’t say anything…

He started to calm down, and ended up coughing. “Look, sorry. It’s just that I learned how to dance three days ago.”

I raised my eyebrows, “Really!? Can you teach me?”

He smirked. “Sure thing. But it’s gonna cost ya.”

I narrowed my eyes. “What…?”

He blushed, “Oh, just help me with Rarity…”

The blush freaked me out, but after he finished the sentence, I understood. Twilight had told me that he had a crush on one of her friends… Or I stole the information out of her head.

“Look… I don’t know much about girly things. I’m a tomboy, and was never one for girly things like make up or dresses… ever…” He seemed a bit down, and I sighed, “What exactly? I’ll help in anyway I can, but you have to teach me how to dance.”

He nodded his head rapidly, and said, “Thanks Xilery, I’ll help you with dancing! All you have to do is mess up her date with a stallion that she’s started flirting with.” ‘What…?’

“What…?” I repeat. “You want me to sabotage a date? Spike, you're getting a bit overboard. What’s she done so far?”

“She’s made him three suits! And said she’d be finished ‘dressing the mare’.” I wanted to laugh, but jealousy was never something to laugh at.

“Look, Spike. I’ll see what’s going on. But you’re overreacting. I once had a crush on a… guy.” It was really a girl, but I didn’t want Spike thinking I was gay, “He was the average… guy, who was what every other… mare, wanted. I tried, and tried, but I never could get close. At one point, I started getting jealous, and I… hurt the last mare that dated him. I was almost arrested, but I got lucky. I regret that day with every fiber of my being, but I let my jealousy control me. After I see what’s going on there, I want you to come clean with her. If she truly cares that way for you, then she’ll accept. If not, then I’ll be here with a tub of ice cream. Sound good?”

He stared at me, and nodded. I smiled, and turned on my hooves. I trotted towards the door and chuckled. “I’ll be back. Look after the library until Sparkle-Butt get’s back buddy.”


I arrived at Rarity’s boutique without meeting Pinkie. I didn’t want to see her yet. I didn’t want to be the talk of the town a week after my release.

I opened the door to the dress shop, and found Rarity finishing up with a female customer. The female customer picked up a dress, and ran out, saying her thanks.

The marshmallow Unicorn noticed me, and beckoned me inside. There seemed to be some livelihood in the Boutique.

“Greetings darling! Welcome to Rarity’s Boutique. Where everything's chic, sleek, magnifique!” I flinched at the ‘darling’ part.

“Uh… I was wondering, have you been seeing anypony lately?” She seemed mad, and a blush came onto her face. She took a deep breath, and asked.

“Why on heaven would you ask such a personal question, darling?” Oh, I should have said that better.

I chuckle nervously, “Well… You see, Spike saw you with a guy, and I wanted to put his fears to rest.” Rarity seemed to calm down more.

“Oh, sorry darling. You sounded a bit… suggestive…” ‘I know I sounded stupid… Just say I’m unladylike while you're at it.’ The fashion designer giggled, “I know Spike has a crush on me. He gets a bit protective sometimes… I do not have a coltfriend(snort). The last stallion who came in here was a gentlecolt named Time Turner. He and Mrs. Hooves came here to get a suit/dress. Those two look so cute together.”

I sighed in relief. It didn’t take as long as I-

“Oh! Where are my manners. I’m Rarity! As you can see, I work in the fashion line. And yourself?”

I hate my mouth…

“My names Xilery Sign. I’m currently unemployed, and I’m living with Twilight.” As I said that last word, Rarity squealed. Uh-oh…

“You must be the pony Twilight said she’d introduce us too! The friend she never appreciated! Oh, you must tell me how you and Twilight met! And, don’t mind me asking, what will you wear for the party?” Oooohhhh!!! I knew this would happen! I will never wear a dress as long as I liv-

Rarity pulls me into the Boutique and I suddenly see myself on a circular pedestal. Almost like…

Almost like were Twilight was nearly suffocated when she came to Ponyville the first time! I was about to panic, when Marshmellow(She lost the right of me calling her by her real name when she dragged me here) started taking measurements all over… And I mean all over.

After that, she ran into her workshop mumbling plans for a new dress. I tried moving, but felt that my hooves were stuck! A little white Unicorn filly walked up the stairs I assume lead to the first floor. The filly, who I guess was Sweetie Belle, Rarity’s little sister, looked at me with unamusement.

“Dress making?” She asked, voice flat. I nodded. “Didn’t ask for it?” Again, I nodded. “Stuck in place?” Once more, I nodded. “Celestia save you.” She turned and left.

I wanted to beg her to save me, but I guessed that wasn’t gonna happen. I turned back to where Rarity disappeared too.

I waited a minute, heard rustling, and then my captor reappeared. She had fabric all over her, and glasses that made her look more professional.

I was doomed…


“There! Now that wasn’t too bad, now was it?” She asked as the restraints on my hooves fell. I didn’t care though. I was looking in the pony-sized mirror at my reflection. The dress she made was small, and seemed made for dancing(wow, everything comes back to that…). The design was simple and the whole dress was softer than anything that I had worn. It was so soft that I was in a state of bliss. It was black and white, but mostly black(like my true form). It had white threads like webbing, and the earings(hell those hurt) were a shiny light purple.

The whole dress making process wasn’t even that bad. The less I struggled, the faster it went. We even got to know each other a bit better. I guess she’s my third pony friend, not including anthro-Mane Six, and the Masked Matterhorn. Though I’d hardly call them friends.

“You look beautiful darling! You'll make some stallion a luck pony! Or mare…” She gave me a grin, and I blushed.

“Th-Thank you miss Rarity… Wait, I don’t have any money!” I started to panic, but the fashionista put a hoof on my shoulder.

“Think nothing of it darling. Think of it as a ‘welcome to Ponyville’ present. And I think I’ll be seeing you around here more often. Oh! I simply must take you to the spa! Me and Fluttershy will be going. I hope you come!”

Darn… Well… She was offering for some quality time, and was practically begging me.

“Sure, I’ll come. Tell Twilight when yo-” I couldn’t finish my sentence as I was crushed in a bear hug… What? Hugging!?

“Ki** *er.”

I raised my eyebrow. I thought I heard something. Shrugging it off, Rarity finally let’s me go.

“I’ll see you then Xilery!” She pushed me out the door(not violently). I sighed. Friendship was a risk…

‘What am I thinking!? I have no plan, no goal, and I don’t even want to make friends! I don’t have a purpose… But it’s too late. I was too deep. I couldn’t leave now…”

I head for the Golden Oaks Library.


I arrived at the library. My journey wasn’t that eventful, so I pretty much zoned out for the majority.

I opened the door, and heard Spike call, “Be there in a moment!” There was a rustling, and Spike came running out of the kitchen. “Xilery! Did you scare the stallion off?”

I fight the urge to roll my eyes. “Spike, he was a customer. Time Turner. That guy has a marefriend named Mrs. Hooves. Rarity isn’t with anyone.”

Spike looked shocked, but shook it off. “I knew that! Good job. Uh, let me take care of dinner and we’ll start.” He turned and rushed into the kitchen again.

I needed to have a talk with him before he goes overboard. But right now, I need to dance. The “dancing” I did at Silver’s world was mocking, and in my drunk state, seemed to look good.

When Spike came out, he told me how to stand. “You’ll need to make sure your loosened up. Don’t want you stressed.”

I did as he said, and we started dancing.