• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 453 Views, 4 Comments

Star Wars: The Legend of the Alicorn - Hudibadudi



A Jedi, a freighter captain, a runaway slave, and three ponies will be thrust into the most important task of their lives, and in so doing, go in search of an ancient legend, and hope that it is more than just an old mares tale.

  • ...
8
 4
 453

Chapter 2: Visions

Chapter 2: Visions

There were forests, rivers, mountains, cities. The whole world was prosperous. Everyone was able to make a living, everyone was provided for. The land had been at peace for ages. Trade flourished, wealth was abundant. Even the poor weren't bad off. And even though technology was primitive and the work was hard, life was quiet and peaceful. There were wise rulers who ensured these things, who had the best interests of their subjects at heart. Then suddenly it was gone. The green had been replaced with deserts, the cities with ashes. War ravaged the lands. There was death on an unprecedented scale. The wise rulers were replaced with one who sought to bring ruin. One who was strong with the Force.

He woke suddenly, snapping out of his dream. He had been having these visions every night for over a week now. He pushed the thoughts into the back of his mind and started his morning routine. He dressed, donning a simple robe, and left his dwelling, a small hut, and walked down the hill to the nearby stream. He washed his face with the cool water, letting it wake him up fully.

The morning air was cool and the area was shrouded in fog. It was peaceful here, a good place to meditate far from the distractions of everyday life. He returned to his hut, pushing the door open to reveal a small room. His bed was on the opposite wall and there was a small oven where he cooked. The hut was otherwise bare, except for a sword that hung from the wall. He ate a small breakfast of fruit, mostly berries, before taking the sword and walking off into the woods.

As he walked, he thought of the visions and what they meant. He was soon talking to himself. “There has to be a reason for these dreams. It could be that there is a world out there that needs help. But what can I do? I'm an outcast.” He suddenly became silent, as memories of his past began to resurface. He remembered the trial, the verdict, and the banishment, along with the warning that he had been given.

He stopped walking, and forced himself to turn back to the visions. “Alright. If there is a world that needs my help, how can I even find it? There are no clues in any of the visions I've had so far. And even if there were, it's not like I'm going anywhere with my ship in the shape it's in.” Indeed, he had been trying to repair it ever since he had crashed onto this world, three years ago.

He finally arrived at his destination, a small clearing in the forest that he used as a meditating place. He lay his sword on the ground and removed his robe, laying them neatly on the ground. He then sat down, closed his eyes, and completely emptied his mind. All he could feel was the Force as it flowed across the world, through every creature and tree, and himself. He reached out into the galaxy, attempting to feel the darkness of the place in his visions. As the life of the galaxy came into focus, he began to hone in on areas where the dark side of the Force seemed strongest. Unfortunately, there were far too many for any sort of guesses to be made.

He stood up and put his robe back on and took his sword and began walking back to his hut. The forest was thick, and because the fog hadn't dissipated yet the sunlight still wasn't making it through to the ground. On the way back, when he was close to his hut, he stopped by his starship. He stood for a moment before saying, “I'll never leave this place at this rate. The hull is ruined and I definitely haven't found any fuel.” He had searched for weeks sometimes to try to find something he could use to repair his ship, but without any luck. He sighed and walked over to the hut and placed his sword back on the wall.

He sat down on his bed, which was really just a cot, and pondered his situation, as he had done countless times before. “The only way I can get off this planet is if someone else just happens to land here. And considering the number of possible planets for someone to land on, that seems pretty unlikely.” It wouldn't have bothered him so much if he didn't keep having those recurring visions. Just last month he had decided that living here the rest of his life wouldn't be that bad. But now there was a world that needed him. He finally had a quest, a mission in life. An opportunity to atone for the past.

Thoughts of adventure filled his mind, but he soon snapped himself back into reality. The truth was that he was not going anywhere, and nothing, not even the Force, could change that. Over the years, his faith in the Force had faltered, especially after the trial, which he tried to avoid thinking about. Years ago, he would have been confidant that the Force guided his actions, and those of the beings of the galaxy around him, so that anything was possible. He would have firmly believed that something would come about to rescue him from his current situation. But that was in the past, and now he sat, alone and with nothing to save him.

Just as he was about to stand up and go for a walk, he felt something. It was very miniscule and only for an instant, but he felt a slight tremor, a ripple, in the Force. Then he heard it, the sound was unmistakeable. Starship engines. He rushed outside, only to see that the fog still hadn't dissipated. Cursing the weather, he ran back inside to take the sword and ran off into the woods in the direction he thought he had heard the ship heading toward. 'Finally,' he thought to himself. Finally.