• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 3,817 Views, 23 Comments

Athletes and Royals - CP_BEN



This story is about the love lives of Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle and Soarin and Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
15
 23
 3,817

Chapter 1 (FlashLight + SoarinDash)

*FlashLight Part*
<Third Person's P.O.V>

The Mane Six and Spike have been requested to go to the Crystal Empire to help organize the Summer Sun Celebration. They were so excited, especially Pinkie Pie.

"Good thing I brought my party cannon!" Pinkie said.

"Pinkie, you don't have to-" Rainbow Dash stopped because of the blast of Pinkie's cannon.

"Have to what, Dashie?" Pinkie asked.

"Never mind," Rainbow groaned.

"After I drop my stuff off, I am so going to get my beauty rest; then I'll go to the salon," Rarity said.

"And I'll go to a pet shop after I sleep," Fluttershy said.

They are so excited to do what they planned before the Summer Sun Celebration until somepony interrupted them.

"Shall I carry your luggage to your bedrooms, ladies (or in Spike's case, a baby dragon)?"

They all looked a Royal Guard standing near the Crystal Empire. From their last visit, Princess Cadence told them that his name is Flash.

The girls were exchanging glaces and decided to approve Flash's request.

"Well then, right this way ladies (or in Spike's case, a baby dragon)," Flash said.

They are walking along the hallways until they have reached their bedrooms. While walking, the girls are still talking about their plans for later and tomorrow. A few seconds later...

"Here you are, ladies (or in Spike's case, a baby dragon). One room for all of you and if you need anything just ring this bell here." Flash said.

"Okay," the ponies and Spike approved.

"Well then, I'll be going back to my post."

And with that, the girls and Spike were left alone.

"Time to get my beauty rest," Rarity said.

"I agree," the others said.

-Few Hours Later-


<Twilight's P.O.V>

I was sleeping peacefully when somepony was shaking me and said,

"Princess, princess. Wake up!"

"Never. Let me sleep forever," I said.

Then that somepony kept shaking me, causing to wake me up.

"I'm up," I said, rubbing my eyes.

I looked over to my right and saw Flash there.

"Princess, your friends are already at the dining hall for breakfast," he said.

"Okay," I replied.

I walked over to the mirror, levitated my hair brush, and started brushing my hair.

"Uh... Princess?" he started.

"Yeah?" I said.

"If you don't mind, may I escort you to the dining hall?" he asked.

I blushed a little at that statement but I nodded.

<Third Person's POV>

When they have already reached the dining hall, Flash stayed beside the door and Twilight was about to go inside.

"Do you want to come?" she asked.

"I'm fine here," he replied.

"I insist," she said.

"My duty is to protect the castle. I cannot leave my post unguarded. Besides, it's the princess' rule," he told her.

"I'm a princess so I command you to eat breakfast with us," she commanded.

"Fine, you win, Princess," he finally gave up.

"Twilight. Just call me Twilight," she said.

"But-"

"I'm not yet used to being princess so I kinda don't want any formalities."

"Okay then, Twilight,"

She blushed a little when he said her name.

"Let's go inside," she said.

As they went inside, they saw that Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, Shining Armor, the Mane Six and Spike were already there and were greeted.

"Darling, you are finally here! We were so worried what would've happened to you," Rarity said.

"Twilight! I haven't seen you since the coronation day," Cadence said.

"Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" they did their usual greeting.

"Twily! I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too big brother!"

Wait a sec... Twilight's brother is Captain Shining Armor? Oh for Celestia's sake, I'm dead if he finds out I have feelings for his little sister. Flash thought to himself.

"Sentry! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be guarding outside the dining hall?" Shining asked.

Oh shoot. Flash said to himself.

"Shining, it's fine. I invited him to eat with us," Twilight explained.

"But Twily, he's a royal guard! His job is to protect the kingdom," Shining told her.

"I know that but is it bad to invite someone for breakfast?"

"Fine. You win," Shining said, sighing in defeat.

"Thanks Twilight. I owe you one," Flash thanked Twilight.

"It's fine, Flash," she said, smiling.

Hmm... I sense something suspicious between those two. Cadance thought. And I think I know the perfect solution to find out.


*SoarinDash Part*
<Rainbow's POV>

"Special delivery for Rainbow Dash!" a voice said outside my cloud mansion.

"Huh? What could that be?" I said to myself.

I opened the door and saw Derpy the mailpony at my door.

"Are you Rainbow Dash?" she asked.

"The one and only!" I told her.

"Well, here is a letter from your twin friends in the Wonderbolts Compound. Their names are Fire Streak and Lightning Streak, if I'm not mistaken," she said.

My jaw dropped. It's been a while since I've heard from those two. We were friends when we were 5. They would always visit me so we can play. Good times, good times. When we were 18, those two got lucky and were able to join the Wonderbolts. To be honest, I was a little jealous.

I thanked Derpy for the delivery and headed back inside. I opened the envelope and it said:

Dear Rainbow Dash,

It has been a long time since we last saw each other. Lightning and I invite you to the Wonderbolts Derby to have some catching up.
We really hope we get to see you there. Before we forget, here is a little gift from us. Stay safe!
Your friends,
Fire and Lightning Streak

Also in the envelope, were two tickets- 1 ticket for the Wonderbolts Derby and 1 backstage pass to see the Wonderbolts.-

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! Thank you so much!" I said to myself.


<Before RD receives letter>
<Fire's POV>

"Brother, remember what happened at the Grand Galloping Gala?" My twin brother, Lightning Streak, asked.

"Uh.. I have no idea what your talking about, brother," I said.

"Remember the time that Soarin's pie fell and Rainbow Dash saved it?"

"Yeah. Oh, how about the time she performed a Sonic Rainboom? She saved Spitfire and Soarin there."

"Well, how about the time at Rainbow Falls? She saved Soarin when his wing got injured."

"You know what this means brother?" I asked him.

"You don't think Soarin and Rainbow are perfect for each other, right?" He replied in a questioning tone.

"Maybe. How about we play matchmaker?"

"Sounds good to me!"

Author's Note:

Well, there are two three things I would like to say.
1.) This is my first fanfic so don't hesitate to point out any corrections.
2.) Next chapters, I will be working with December+Sprinter]December Sprinter for the SoarinDash parts while I work on the FlashLight parts.
3.) My proofreader is now [url=MLP Fangirl

Comments ( 22 )

Interesting :twilightsmile:I like the idea of the Streak twins playing matchmaker:rainbowlaugh:

What I will say, is try to change POV less, it generally breaks the focus. Maybe instead, if you were talking about, say Twilight, you could have her thoughts in italics. That way we can see what the character is thinking rather than switching POV all the time. Just a suggestion :scootangel:

Ey ey ey! Dis be gud!

I'm liking this so far! But I have to agree with Sky Melody, the constant changing of POVs were pretty confusing. I was able to keep up, but it was a bit wacky. And maybe when you alter back and forth from Twilight to Rainbow Dash or vise-versa, you should say something like:

"Meanwhile, back in Ponyville . . ."

Or something like that. It seems more fluid. I can't wait to get started on the chapter! :pinkiehappy: :pinkiehappy: :pinkiehappy:

This is a good idea, but the grammatical errors made it hard to read.
For example...

(or in Spike's case, a baby dragon).

This was mentioned more times than necessary. One time is fine, but afterward Spike's presence is just implied.

You also should add in some commas and other punctuation. Such as...

"After I drop my stuff I am so going to get my beauty rest then I'll go to the salon," Rarity said.

It should be: "After I drop my stuff off, I am so going to get my beauty rest; then I'll go to the salon," Rarity said.

Like I said before, this story has potential, but it definitely needs some fine-tuning. If you want, I'd be totally willing to help out. If you need an editor, feel free to PM me or something. :pinkiesmile:

5913924 You're hired!

5913982 :twilightsmile: All right, then. Once you're ready to post another chapter, give me a heads up:raritywink:.
I'll be waiting.

5913998 Okie-dokie-lokie!

"Fine, you win, Princess," he finally gave up.

"Fine. You win," Shining said, sighing in defeat.

WOW!...She's good.

"Maybe. How about we play matchmaker?"
"Sounds good to me!"

...Uh-oh! That's gone be a joy-ball. :applejackunsure:

Awesome so far! Keep up the good work, I enjoy this!

I really love your story.:heart: I hope you update the new chapter soon.:twilightsmile:
I can't wait!:pinkiehappy:

5923151 I have to wait for December Sprinter.

5923671
OK, I'll wait for it.:pinkiehappy:

Dis is gonna be good :coolphoto:

Flashlight and Soarindash :raritystarry::rainbowkiss::pinkiehappy::scootangel: too much awesomeness
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

You made me fall over laughing.
Till I die.
Welp, I'm outta here.:pinkiecrazy::twilightoops:

UNTIL NEXT TIME WHEN THE CHAPTAH COMES OUT.
MAKE IT ALREADY!!!!!!:flutterrage:

My favorite couples:
1) Flashlight
2)SoarinDash
3)Sparity
4)Applejack and Caramel
5)Fluttershy and Thunderlane
6)Pinkie Pie and Pokey Pierce
7)Sweetie Belle and Button Mash
Also.... WHERE IS SECOND CHAPTER???!!!:flutterrage::twilightangry2:

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! U JUST COMBINED 2 OF MY FAV SHIPS!!! (the other being fluttercord) THIS OFFICIALLY MAKES YOU MY 3RD FAV AUTHOR! Sorry, SweetHarmony and Calm Wind are just too amazing!!!! :pinkiehappy:

Great book you got here my friend. This is really getting good and fun to between soarindash and flashlight parts. :heart::heart::heart::raritywink::raritywink::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2:

ohhhhhhhhhhhh mi gosh i love this tory so much it is now my second fav fic but what is ( or in spikes case, baby dragon) means it cunfuses me but anywho i LOVVVEE this

Login or register to comment