• Published 20th May 2015
  • 15,568 Views, 3,255 Comments

Shifting Melodies - Thadius0



He's a unicorn accountant in service to a smuggling ring. She's a high-ranking Thestral in the Day Guard. Together, they fight crime. Too bad one of them's lying.

  • ...
73
 3,255
 15,568

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 98 - This is how we do it~

It had been a fun few days so far, though the best had been when Midnight decided to see what a Rainbow tastes like…

She on the other hoof, did not find it a funny as everypony else did.

“Taste the rainbow she says,” Midnight muttered as she looked at Twilight. “Trust me she says…”

“Now I wish I knew where her collar was,” Ledger mused. “Then I’d slip it on her and turn her over to you for the night for that one.”

“Huh? Aren’t they in Twilight’s bag?” Midnight asked. “That’s where she says they were…”

“Oooh, she packed it?” Ledger said as he looked at the alicorn.

“She told us mares she did,” Midnight nodded. Her eyes sparkled as she looked at her husband. “Are you planning shenanigans?”

“Maaaybe,” Ledger said. “All I knew was that Twilight had one. Are you telling me there’s more than one? They implies plural.”

“Ah, yeah, we all got one…” Midnight suddenly realised that she probably shouldn’t have told him that.

Interesting,” the drone said, his eyes sparkling with mischief. “Tell you what. You don’t ask, and I don’t tell you about any of the fantasies running through my head~”

“I think I already have a rough idea of what goes through that little buggy brain,” Midnight replied. As long as none of them involved her with a collar, she was fine. “I’m going to regret telling you this aren’t I?”

“Maybe~” Ledger sang. “So what’s next on our list Twi?”

“Huh?” the alicorn paused and turned, as the rest of the group had been walking ahead of the pair. “Um, let’s see… we have dinner at the Rainbow Valley Restaurant tonight. But right now? Not much.”

“Hmm,” Ledger hummed. “Shall we just continue to explore then?”

“Ah heard the woods near here are suppos’d to have a lot of pretty flowers,” Cider spoke up and then looked at everypony staring at her. “Whut? Ah like flowers.”

“Very well, so long as we all take care, we can go flower-hunting,” the drone said with a chuckle.

“Fine, ah’ll go by mahself then,” Cider pouted and started heading towards the forest.

“Whoops,” Midnight giggled. “You went and made her mad Ledgie.”

The drone sighed and gave Twilight, Scope, and Midnight a quick kiss. “Will you all be alright while I go fix this?” he asked them.

“Uh, we're coming as well,” Twilight said, not even noticing that her butt was glowing…

“Well then, let’s go see to Cider,” Ledger said, before turning and trotting after the wayward Apple mare. Midnight nodded and followed as Scope frowned.

“Twilight,” she said. “Your ass is glowing.”

“Wha?” The alicorn turned and looked, before frowning. “Now? As in, right now? SERIOUSLY!?”

“Why is your ass glowing?” Scope asked, causing Twilight to sigh.

“Because the map is summoning me… there's a friendship problem I have to go and solve, and the map is telling me that my particular skills are needed.”

“So… you have to leave?” Scope frowned.

“Yes,” Twilight replied. “I'll try to be as quick as possible. I promise.”

“Nuts to that, I'm going with you,” Scope nodded and lit up her horn. “Hey bugbutt, you there?”

What is it Scope? You’re not too far away to just tell me…

“Twilight has some urgent Princess stuff to do. So I'm going with her to help.”

...Seriously? Fine...just try to have her back by dinner, if at all possible,” the drone replied. “We knew getting into this there’d be days like this one. I just kind of hoped that one of them wouldn’t be our honeymoon…

“...If it's any consolation, she's now crying about it…” Scope sighed and shook her head. “We'll be back. Try and keep Midnight out of trouble till then.”

Only if you promise to try and lift her spirits while you’re gone,” Ledger returned. “I’ll do the same over here, of course. We can’t be having sad ponies now, can we?

“No we can’t,” Scope replied and cut the connection.

This friendship problem could never be prepared for Scope Lens…

Meanwhile, Apple Cider had found herself in a field full of golden roses. Well, they were more yellow, but ponies named them gold because of their difficulty to grow.

“This is pretty,” Ledger said as he looked around.

Cider flinched before looking over her shoulder. “Yeah… ah guess so.”

“I mean, seriously,” Ledger said as he looked at the roses. “These just look amazing. They must have taken some serious effort to raise.”

“‘S a naturally occurring field,” Cider explained. “That’s whut makes it so special. Read that in the guide.”

“Oh wow,” Ledger said, now thoroughly impressed. “I’d suggest we try to take some back and grow them at home, but something tells me the natives here wouldn’t appreciate it.”

“Tried befer, a long time ago. The climate is right an’ everything,” Cider sighed. “But ah couldn’t do it.”

“Guess some things are just meant to be enjoyed,” Ledger said as he sat back and just looked at the flowers.

Cider remained silent for a few minutes. “You don’t have to pretend to enjoy it fee mah sakes,” she said. “Ah know yer bored.”

“I can find beauty in the simple things too,” Ledger replied. “Granted, a part of my mind might be wondering heavily about this field of flowers and trying to work out why you of all ponies can’t grow them, but the rest of me is taking my own advice...and relaxing.”

“Ah see,” Cider said quietly, her irritation long since vanished. She was a mare that just couldn't stay mad. “Believe it or not, but ah ain’t that good at growin’ stuff. And these flowers are one of the hardest things in Equestria t’grow…”

“You’re putting yourself down a little bit there, aren’t you?” Ledger said. “I mean, you’re the one with a nice, big orchard to yourself, and you’re the mare who’s brought Crystal Berries to Las Pegasus.”

“Ah guess,” Cider replied, blushing lightly. “Still, even you could prolly do what ah do with a lil’ practice.”

“Looking after an entire orchard? No thank you,” Ledger said, shaking his head. “My step-father Peaceful? He can do something like that and just lose himself in it. He’d really love it here and might even try his own hoof at growing these.”

“Maybe we should tell him sometime?” Cider replied with a soft giggle. “Speakin’ of, ah hope mah farm is doin’ okay. Fritter gets… distracted easily.”

“So long as she remembers to look after your farm before she goes looking for Sugar and Moondancer, we shouldn’t have any problems when we go home,” Ledger said.

“Mhmm,” Cider hugged one leg with the other. “Sorry fer gettin’ mad. Ah take it that's why the others ain't here?”

“I may not know where Middy is,” Ledger said softly before shaking his head. “But some sort of magical artifact in Twilight’s castle told her to basically ‘come back and solve this friendship problem,’ so she did. Scope went with her.”

“Well that’s…” Cider frowned. “Well ah guess we shoulda seen that coming. Woulda been nice if the thing waited another couple of days though…” Cider paused and her eyes widened. “Scopey went with her?”

“Presumably to help,” Ledger said with a smile. “Though probably just to pester me about advice when things go south because she went there to help.”

“Yeaahh… Scopey and friendship… that’s gonna end in tears, and prolly fire. Lots and lots of fire…”

There was a rustling in the trees, as the two ponies heard a bird chirp.

“Wanna take a few roses back to the room for when they get back?” Ledger asked the farmmare.

“Well, ah guess they won't miss a few…” Cider said, before Midnight dropped from the trees.

“Stop right there, criminal scum!” she announced and smirked. Ledger barely concealed his own laugh before he started playing along.

“We haven’t done anything,” he said, smiling all the while.

“Deny it all you like,” Midnight declared and looked at the pair. “But the crime of being too sexy is plain for all to see.”

“Wut…?” Cider blinked.

“And what is the penalty for such a crime?” the drone asked.

“Oh?” Midnight stepped forward and smiled. “I'm afraid a rigorous and thorough interrogation is in order…”

“Well ah don't think ah’m guilty of that,” Cider smiled. “But you seem to be breaking that law in spades officer.”

“Er…”

“Get ‘er Ledger.”

With a small cry, the drone pounced the batpony, drawing her in for a kiss as they tumbled through the field.

“Aaaand they smush the flowers,” Cider sighed and shook her head as she walked over to them. She reached down and rubbed their heads as the bat was kissed. “Been awhile since it was jus’ the three of us huh?”

Ledger withdrew from Midnight and nodded. “Some time indeed,” he agreed.

“Yeah,” Midnight agreed as she pulled Cider into a hug and fell back into the flowers. Ledger was offered a view of two of his pretty mares lying amidst the golden roses.

“Now that’s one for the scrapbook,” Ledger mused aloud. “Assuming I had my camera anyways.”

Midnight raised a hoof and pointed to her bag, laying up against a nearby tree. Ledger went to it and rooted around, soon finding a camera and smiling before trotting back over. “Say cheese,” he said, readying himself to take a picture.

The two mares put on a pleasant smile, hugging each other as they looked at Ledger. The camera flashed as he took a picture of that perfect moment.

The three remained there for a while, whether it just enjoying each other’s company or talking about the not so distant past.

And later that evening, when they were back at their hotel and getting ready for dinner, the air cracked and Twilight and Scope teleported in…

And they reeked of pumpkin…

“What in the world did you two get up to?” Ledger reflexively asked. “And why does it smell like you stomped through two fields of pumpkins?”

“Don’t. Ask…” the mares muttered as they headed for the showers. “We're going to shower and the we are going to have a nice, normal, non-weaponized dinner,” Twilight stated.

“And the first being to mention pumpkin and tomatoes gets eaten,” Scope sighed.

“Would you really do that to us?” Ledger asked the nymph.

“Fucking try me!” the nymph growled and followed Twilight into the showers.

“Do… do we really want to know?” Midnight said.

“Not that badly,” Ledger replied. “Let’s just hope there’s nothing with pumpkin or tomato at the restaurant. I’d hate to have to explain that to the manager.”

“On why Scopey flipped out and burned down the place?” Midnight giggled. “Yeah, that could be hard to explain.”

About a half hour later, the pair emerged, looking and smelling like totally different ponies.

“I can’t believe you deal with that stupidity on a regular basis,” Scope said to the princess. “Hives above…”

“It wasn’t so bad,” Twilight said as she nuzzled Ledger. “And I'm so sorry I had to skip out like that.”

“It’s okay, I took a picture and can take you to that field tomorrow,” the drone said. “Plus we still have a nice dinner to get to tonight.”

“True,” Twilight nodded. “Okay, this princess is officially off duty now. Let’s go have a nice meal.”

As they left, Midnight looked at Ledger. “That smile on your face… should I be concerned about the dessert you seem to be intent on claiming?”

“Only if chocolate-coated pony is wrong to feast on,” Ledger said. “I think we even have the syrup.”

“Oh boy,” Midnight chuckled. “I have taught you far too well.”

“Yup, you are entirely to blame for my new attitude,” Ledger said with a nod. “And I am not complaining in the slightest~”

“You tend to have amazingly hot sex with some level of frequency,” Midnight said. “Any self-respecting stallion wouldn’t complain about that in the slightest.”

Now all she had to do was finish corrupting Twilight…

“Now all I wish we had were hoofcuffs,” Ledger said, discreetly leaving out the fact that Pinkie had given him some.

“You know that I tend to keep a pair on me for Guard reasons yes?” Midnight replied as they headed towards the restaurant. “Just saying…”

“Oooh, so tonight just got more interesting…” Ledger said with a smile. “Mmm, the plans I am cooking up~”

“And again, I have many regrets,” Midnight said and shook her head. “And I suppose I am to keep quiet to the others.”

Others?” Ledger said, now thoroughly interested.

“You know, your other wives?” Midnight deadpanned. “Remember them?”

“Oh, sorry,” Ledger said with a shake of his head. “I read into that wrong. I thought you were implying that they all had hoofcuffs as well.”

“Huh? Nah, at least, I don't think so… we did get sexy Twister though...” She groaned and facehooved. “I need to stop talking.”

“Sounds like a fun night sometime in the future,” Ledger said wistfully as they finally arrived at the restaurant. “But for now, food.”

“Fooooood~” Midnight’s stomach rumbled. They entered and were shown to their seats by one of the staff. They didn't have to wait long for their waitress either, as a thestral mare approached the table.

“Well hi there!” she chirped happily. “I’m Starry Wishes. And I'll be serving you tonight~”

“Thank you for agreeing to do as such for us,” Ledger said. “I make no promises that you’ll be saying the same, though. This family is a little...rowdy, sometimes.”

“Ohh, you’re cute~” Midnight purred and the thestral blinked. It was rare that she saw her own kind.

“Aww, thanks!” She replied. “This uniform is super cute! It's part of the reason I chose this place to work at.”

Already, it begins, Ledger thought to himself. “So, what drinks do you serve here?” He hoped he could successfully divert the course of the conversation.

“Almost whatever you want,” Starry replied. “Soda, cider… or we have some things that give a little kick to your evening.”

“I’ll take a soda,” Ledger said. He wanted to be able to remember tonight, after all, and not end up like Midnight.

“I want Cideerrrrr~” Midnight whined. “Argh, can I have mango juice please?”

“Mmmmangoesss~” Starry sighed.

“Guessing that’s a no,” Ledger said.

Starry wiped her mouth and nodded. “I can do that. Anything else I can get for you~♥?”

“What do you want to drink?” Ledger asked the other mares.

“Do y’all really hafta ask?” Cider deadpanned.

Scope shrugged and looked at the list. “This Rainbow Cocktail sounds interesting.”

“Just be careful with that,” Ledger said. “We already learned that the rainbow is spicy today…”

“No pain, no gain!” Scope declared as that and an apple cider were ordered. Twilight settled on a rich red wine. After a day like today, she needed a freaking drink.

“I'll be right back with your orders~” the bat said in her bubbly tone and trotted away.

“I assume if I ask about how your day went, Scope will bite my head off,” Ledger observed aloud to Twilight.

The princess groaned. “Two families, fighting for so long that they forgot why. So they fought for the sake of winning.”

“Bunch of stupid, inbred hicks,” Scope said as she folded her legs. “They would have kept fighting if it wasn't for Fluttershy and her animals.” The nymph snorted and looked at Twilight. “Or if princess here took another tomato to the face. She probably would have gone total Friendship Cannon on their collective asses.”

“I would not… and what the hell is a Friendship Cannon?”

“I don’t want to find out,” Ledger said with a shake of his head. “If that ever happens, then I will know that I have failed in keeping you happy so badly…”

Twilight continued to think and then looked at Scope. “Do you mean that spell I used against Tirek?”

“Yes!” Scope cheered and bounced in her seat. “Holy crap that fight was awesome!!”

“And now the reason you gravitated to us in the beginning becomes even more evident,” Ledger said with a snicker.

Twilight tilted her head and blinked. “What do you mean by that?”

“Let’s just say Midnight got to demonstrate some martial prowess when they first met,” Ledger said with a snicker.

Twilight blinked again and looked at Scope.

“She nearly killed me,” Scope shrugged. “No big deal now.”

“Midnight!” Twilight scolded her.

“What?” Midnight replied. “She was a bad guy at the time.”

“Not dissimilar to yourself and a certain spirit,” Ledger pointed out.

“And Chrysalis,” Midnight added.

“Or just the majority opinion of changelings in general,” the drone pointed out.

“True that,” Scope nodded. A few minutes later, Starry returned with their drinks, balancing them on trays with her outstretched wings. Twilight took them with her magic once she was close enough.

“There we go~” she chirped. “I hope you guys enjoy~”

“I know what I want for dessert,” Midnight purred, licking her lips.

“Why don’t we order some actual food first?” Ledger chuckled.

“So you’ll let me?” Midnight winked and Starry blushed as she held her clipboard up in front of her face. The drone sighed and shook his head.

“I’d apologize for her, but if I started, I’d never stop,” Ledger said. “Your pasta caught my eye, I’ll have a bowl of rigatoni with a white sauce, please.”

“Always with the pasta or fish,” Midnight giggled and looked at the menu. “Tropical Chicken Schnitzel? Ohh, that sounds tasty~”

“M-Meat?” Twilight paled. “But… you’re a pony…”

“We thestral are omnivorous,” Starry spoke up, robbing Ledger of his chance to educate the alicorn. “We also eat insects and fish.”

“And I’ve found that ponies can eat seafood,” Ledger said. “They just don’t tend to have a taste for it. It’s more common in pegasi.”

“I knew that much,” Twilight blushed slightly. “And… well I…” She had eaten meat before… well, she didn’t know it was at the time. Until Sunset told her.

That had been an interesting trip to the bathroom.

“Also,” Midnight said to Starry.”Can you top it with peanut butter and apples?”

“That… uh,” Starry put a hoof to her mouth and turned slightly green. “What?”

“Let’s just say there are more than two thestrals at this little meeting,” Ledger said cryptically.

Starry blinked and nodded. “Ahh, okay, yeah.” Pregnant Thestrals could get… strange. “Well I don’t know about the peanut butter, sorry.”

“Ah, okay then,” Midnight nodded. She could always pick up a jar on the way back. “I’ll have to settle for your normal food.”

“Thank the stars for that,” Twilight and Scope muttered and then placed their orders, along with Cider. Starry finished writing them down and left their table once more.

“I’m glad you got your thing done in time for dinner,” Ledger said to both Twilight and Scope.

“Same,” Scope agreed. “Are all your friendships problems like that?”

“Not always,” Twilight replied and took a sip of her wine. Ohh, that hit the spot. “Rarity and Applejack took three and a bit days for their last one.”

“Glad it wasn’t like that,” the drone commented. “You could have been gone so long, you missed everything.”

“They wouldn’t have missed anything because we would have waited for them,” Midnight said sternly. “Isn’t that right Ledger?”

“I would have done my best to see to it that they didn’t end up missing a thing,” the drone said with a nod. “I fully intend to take them to that grove we discovered, for instance.”

“That sounds interesting,” Twilight smiled.

“That sounds boring,” Scope replied.

“It’s still something we found and you didn’t get to see, so I’m going to take you to see it.”

“Fine, whatever,” Scope shrugged, but a light blush on her cheeks was present. Midnight giggled at her. She was so adorable when she was acting all tsundere like that.

“Oh!” Scope suddenly said. “Starbutt here learned a new spell.”

“Oh?” Ledger said, looking over at Twilight.

“She can freeze ponies in time,” Scope replied. “Like, about two dozen or so at a time.”

“That, sounds interesting,” the drone mused. “I assume you had to use it on your little adventure?”

“Only to get everypony to stop fighting for five Celestia-damned minutes!” Twilight groaned and took a longer swig of her wine.

“Careful there Twilight,” Ledger said. “It may not be a Mood-Setter, but you don’t need to be getting drunk before our food gets here.”

Twilight frowned and set her glass back down. “I am never touching that drink again,” she said. “Honestly, couldn’t that drink be classified as some sort of emotional manipulation? What if some underage colts or fillies got a hold of it?”

“Then Celestia help them,” Ledger said. “If there’s one thing Sugar doesn’t tolerate, it’s underaged drinking in her establisment. And I don’t think she’ll be selling that stuff off anytime soon. At least, I hope so.”

“I’ll have a talk with the Captain about it,” Midnight said. “Maybe we can add some sort of regulation or prohibition on it. And since it’s a drink of a magical nature, it’ll need to be examined by the Archmage and the Committee of Foods and Drinks before it’ll be allowed to be sold to the public…” The thestral paused and looked at everypony staring at her. “What?”

“It’s easy to forget that the Mistress is actually a competent Guard sometimes,” Scope said.

“Midnight is good at what she does,” Ledger countered with. “I just don’t know if it’s worth causing Sugar all that grief over one drink.” Then he paused. “Then again, considering what Two-Step did with it…”

“Exactly,” Twilight nodded. “Sorry, but if she intends to distribute it, then she’ll have to jump through a few hoops first.”

“Sounds like you want to work her really hard~” Midnight said, giving her a fanged grin. Twilight missed the innuendo and nodded, only causing Midnight to smile wider.

Twilight looked at her grin, then it clicked and her eyes widened before she squeaked and blushed, hiding behind her wings.

“Aww, Middy,” Ledger whined. “You know it takes me ten minutes to unstick Twilight when you freeze her like that.”

“Hehehe,” Midnight just giggled louder and Cider rolled her eyes.

“Ah think she’s happy to have a pony her little jokes actually work on,” the earth mare said.

“Besides,” Midnight looked at Ledger and licked her lips. “I thought you liked our princess all sticky~”

Twilight’s blush only deepened.

“I like getting her that way, yes,” Ledger said. “Fixing the process is another matter.” With that, he turned to Twilight and would have begun unsticking her, if not for her wings. “See? I can’t even try to fix her when she’s like this.”

Midnight smiled and walked around to the table. “Observe.” she simply stated and pressed a small spot on Twilight’s spine. Her wings snapped out and folded up, leaving the princess very confused as to what just happened, and also very open to Ledger kissing her.

Twilight soon responded and kissed him back as Midnight went back to her seat. Eventually the kiss broke, and Ledger smiled at her. “Better?” he asked the alicorn.

“Sorta,” Twilight blushed and looked at Midnight. “Seriously? How can you say stuff like that in public?”

“It’s easy,” Midnight said. “I don’t care what others think of me. I’m me and I’ll always be me.”

“Wise words from a wise mare,” Ledger said as sagely as he could.

“Damn straight,” Midnight nodded. “Don’t worry Twi, I’ll get you slinging innuendo’s and sexy jokes before you know it.”

“Celestia save me,” Twilight groaned.

“She’s too busy listening to the whiny nobles,” Ledger said with a snicker. “Face it love, you’re stuck with us.”

“Oh goodie,” Twilight snarked. “Did you at least come with a gift receipt?”

“No exchanges or refunds,” Scope replied in a sale-pitch tone. Ledger took this chance to steal the joke Shining and Midnight had once used on him.

“Sorry, but brides and husbands don’t come with receipts,” he said. “We come if you’re good enough~”

Ledger and Midnight shared a high-hoof as Twilight blushed again and ducked under the table.

Starry chose that moment to return with their food.

“Oh? Your unicorn friend has left?” she asked.

“She just ducked out to powder her nose,” Ledger said. “She’ll be back momentarily.”

During her shuffling, Twilight’s tail brushed up against Ledger…

Meanwhile, Midnight and the other’s took their food, it looked and smelled amazing~

“My compliments,” Ledger said as he took his food, doing his best to ignore the shuffling from down below. “It looks delicious.”

“No problems~” Starry smiled. “I’ll go and fetch you some refills for your drinks. Be right back loves~” She trotted off as Midnight smiled.

“You gotta admit, that flank is niiiice~”

“No, because if I did admit anything, I would be in trouble,” Ledger said as he took a bit of his pasta. It tasted even better than it looked.

“You know I don’t mind if you think another mare is pretty right?” Midnight replied. “We know you love us. You got married to us after all.”

“True, but I think my bed is full enough as it is, I don’t need to go adding to it.” Ledger took another bite of his pasta…

“Point, you and Scopey are changelings,” Midnight countered. “No harm in looking for a… little inspiration~”

“True, but if that were the case, I would expect you to start pointing out stallions,” Ledger countered her counter. Twilight had been under there for some time now…

That was when Midnight stiffened in her seat, her eyes widening as her ears twitched. A fierce blush could be seen covering her face. Ledger tilted his head curiously at this behavior. “Everything okay, love?” the drone asked his wife.

“E-Everything’s greAHH!~” Midnight stuffed a hoof into her mouth and bit down on it. Ledger got an idea as to what was going on and was suddenly quite thankful for the tablecloth.

The thought of Twilight doing...that, in a public place, gave him a hard-on quite fast.

Midnight stifled another moan, seems that Twilight had gone for a very direct form of revenge.

Scope and Cider just looked at the other pair with a curious expression. Ledger just shook his head and tried to ignore his throbbing case of wood as he ate. Part of him wanted to know what was going on. Part of him was curious as to what Twilight would do after she finished with Midnight.

Midnight for her part, did her damnable best not to show what was going on. Scope figured it out soon enough, and it didn’t take Cider long either.

And that’s when Twilight’s tail brushed up against Ledger again. He stifled his own moan, passing it off as just an accident like before.

After a few more minutes, Twilight chair moved and she sat back up, wiping her muzzle and looking like absolutely nothing was wrong.

Starry trotted back over, a little confused that the unicorn had shown up out of nowhere. “Um, would you like another drink Miss?”

“No thank you,” Twilight said and smiled at Ledger and Midnight. “I’ve drank plenty as is~”

The drone just sighed and resigned himself to having to put his problem away the hard way. Apparently Twilight wasn’t in the mood for him.

Twilight brushed some of her fringe as she picked up her fork with her magic.

That also served to hide what else her magic was doing....

She hadn’t forgotten, no… she just wanted to eat as well~

It was now Ledger’s turn to gasp as he felt something stroking him. Well, apparently Twilight was all for showing off today. Not that he minded at all.

Maybe he’d take it easy on her when they got back to the room tonight.

She continued to stroke him, eating like it was all normal. Midnight hadn’t quite finished, so she just stared at the alicorn with a heated gaze. Oh she was going to get it tonight!

“Gotta say, Twi,” Ledger said in a slightly strangled voice. It wasn’t easy trying to talk normal when your wife was stroking you under the table. “I’m surprised at how bold you’re being.”

“You have nopony to blame but yourselves… and probably the wine,” Twilight replied in between bites. “Are you alright? You seem a little… strained?”

“I’ll live,” Ledger growled. “I’ve been in tighter situations.” And would be again.

“Is that so?” Twilight replied as her magical grip tightened and begun to heat up a little. Ledger muffled his moan by having a bite of food, doing his best to not outwardly react. The alicorn merely smirked.

“Ah swear, ah cannot take you lot anywhere,” Cider sighed and shook her head. The drone properly composed himself before retorting.

“I will point out that I did not start this,” he said.

“Yer comments did,” Cider nodded. “Seriously Twi, just think about whut yer doin’. In public.”

Twilight blinked, what the hay was she doing? Her magic touches stopped and she blushed as she hung her head. “Sorry…”

“...And now the regret sets in,” Ledger sighed. “Then again, you are supposed to be the down-to-earth one for when we get like this…”

“I blame you two perverts!” Twilight said and pointed at Ledger and Midnight. “Also wine… alcohol is evil…” She raised her glass and took a sip.

“I hardly need for my inhibitions to be any looser,” Ledger agreed.

“Yeah, again, that’s how this whole herd thing got started,” Cider giggled. “Still, ah am curious as to whut would happen…”

“I’m not,” Midnight replied. “I heard what happened at that bachelor party. Ledger almost ‘scored’ with some mare while he and his friends went bowling.”

“Yup, from what I hear, you should be proud of your brother, Twilight,” Ledger said as he kept eating. “Made me think about what I was doing and stopped me.”

“I am,” Twilight replied. “Still… I do hear the surface of the moon is nice this time of year~”

“We did just go for a quick visit,” Ledger mused. “It might not be so bad, going up there again...assuming I could come back.”

“I’d say Twilight’s offer has a thousand year long lease,” Scope giggled as she finished eating.

That was also about when Starry all but materialised behind Ledger. “Oh hey, I’ll take those. And do you want to order dessert~?”

Ledger, to his credit, didn’t do more than flinch. Still, he’d grown up with a Pink sister and this had surprised him. “I’m good on dessert,” the drone said. “What about you all?”

“Ice-cream!” Scope declared.

Seconded,” Twilight nodded.

Midnight had ordered some monstrous parfait, while Cider shook her head, declining as well. The waitress smiled at them all before walking back off, to place their orders.

“Okay, so far?” Ledger said as he wiped his mouth. “The honeymoon has been amazing.”

“A few hiccups, but all and all, I’d have to agree,” Twilight smiled.

“Urgh! But we have to go back next week…” Scope groaned. “I dunno, can’t we all go and live on a tropical island forever?”

“Maybe when I can afford to buy one,” Ledger chuckled.

“Oh good, something to look forward to,” the nymph giggled as Cider got up to go to the bathroom. “And hey, an opportunity to ‘relieve’ yourself as well~”

Nope, I can wait,” Ledger replied. “I don’t see Midnight going to pounce her, after all. I can show restraint sometimes.

“Maybe because Midnight is waiting for that mango parfait,” Scope shrugged. “Suit yourself.”

“Aww, are you two having private conversations again?” Midnight pouted. “That’s rude.”

“She’s trying to get me to go after the others when they show the slightest hint of being available,” Ledger replied. “I’m of the opinion that we have a bedroom for a reason.”

“...Why didn’t I think of that?” Midnight said as she looked towards the earth mare returning. “Ah well.”

Starry soon returned, and delivered sweet treats to the three mares. And they wasted no time in demolishing them.

“Ehehe~ I hope you guys had a great meal and an even better time,” Starry said as she presented the bill, which Twilight signed for.

“We certainly did,” Ledger said as he politely sat there and waited for the mares who’d ordered dessert to finish. Twilight and Scope finished and Midnight noticed she was the last one. That tongue of hers went to work and the large glass cup was licked clean.

“Ohh, that’s some control you got there,” Starry clapped.

“Practice,” Midnight nodded. Ledger didn’t even want to imagine how’d she gotten it. It’d probably just get him hard again.

After bidding the bubbly batpony farewell, the group headed back to the hotel, opting to walk over teleporting to help ease off some of that meal.

Even so, it was well after dark before they got back, yet a concierge was still waiting to escort them back to their room.

“Mmmmm…” Midnight stretched and flopped onto the bed. “That was good~”

“And so isn’t this view,” Ledger complimented her.

“Huuh?” Midnight turned and looked behind her, before lifting her tail to one side and wiggling her hips.

“And now it’s even better,” Ledger said. “Seriously tempted to just jump up there and join you for some nighttime activities.”

She rolled over and got up before trotting over to him. “And here I thought you had plans,” she whispered and headed out into the kitchen to get some water.

“Oh, I do,” Ledger said, before looking at Twilight. “So,” he said aloud. “I’ve been informed that there’s something I might want to have been aware of on the subject of collars…”

Author's Note:

Pretty risque, but I moved the more explicit stuff into the side chapter.

Like the story? Consider dropping Aus and me a dollar on my Patreon. It's always appreciated.

Half the money will not go towards Steam's plethora of interesting looking games.

PreviousChapters Next