• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 1,481 Views, 22 Comments

Too bright - Wonder



Celestia is trying to get to sleep, but the moon keeps shining in her eyes.

  • ...
1
 22
 1,481

So sleepy

Celestia sat on her throne. That's it really. It was another day, like every other, and she had simply zoned out. To be honest, she was ridiculously tired. She had been woken at least three times during the night and she was suffering because of it. Already she had zoned out during three petitioners and not wanting to be rude for asking them to repeat the request, had accepted. She had the feeling she would find out what she had to agreed to later, but right now she didn't care, she just wanted to sleep.

Only one more hour and day court would be over, she just had to be patient. The next petitioner entered. "Thank you for seeing me your highness. It is an honour to be in your presence."

"It is no trouble. What is it you wished to speak about?" Celestia asked, her well practised smile masking her boredom.

"Where I live-" She had already zoned out. What a weird way to style a mane. She thought, looking at the stallion's mane. He had light grey fur with a sightly darker mane but his hair had been put in a pony tail, ironically. I wonder if I have any jasmine tea left. I haven't tried that in a while.

"-you consider lending a few soldiers to assist?" Uh oh. That sounded important. What could she say to make it seem like she was listening without blindly sending out valuable resources.

"Would you care to elaborate. I wish to have a know more before I consider lending you my soldiers."

"There is not much else to know, your highness. Unless we are defended, the village will be destroyed, simple as that." This is what I get for not listening.

"Very well, I will give you ten of my guard to protect your village."

"Are you sure that will be enough, your highness? I'm sure they are great soldiers but this is a dragon we are talking about."

Told you so. Her conscience taunted her. "If you believe you need more then I shall send an additional forty."

"Thank you your highness." Celestia was thankful that she had been able to play that out well enough. I don't think I can sit through anymore of this. As the stallion left, Celestia signalled for one of her personal guard to approach.

"I will be ended court early today. Please notify the remaining petitioners to return tomorrow or wait for night court." The guard pony saluted before leaving. Celestia got off her throne and walked off to her room.

Outside the throne room a line of ponies and even a few griffons were waiting for their turn. From where Celestia was she could hear their annoyed groans. They would just have to wait. As far as she was concerned sleep was the most important thing right now. Celestia wasted no time in retreating to her quarters. The doors to Celestia's room swung open, banging against the wall before they came to a stop. Without bothering to taking off her regalia Celestia jumped onto the bed, quickly maneuvering her body under the covers. Everything in the world was right again.


The funny thing about dreams is that they always seem to get interrupted when you get to the best part. Always! Celestia's eyes fluttered open as the light of the moon shone through her many windows and straight into her eyes. Not again! This was the third night in a row that her sleep had been interrupted by that infernal orbital nightlight. Celestia's horn lit up with a golden magical aura which surrounded the curtains and pulled them shut. Celestia smiled happily to herself as the curtain closed over the window, blocking out the rays of light... except for the small gap in the very center. The solar princess frowned as she tried to adjust the curtain to block out all light but there was always a least one spot that wasn't covered. She would have to talk to the interior decorator about this in the morning.

Celestia threw open the curtains in frustration. That accursed celestial body seemed Tartarus bent on denying her any sleep. Or maybe it was just the one controlling it!

"Luna." Celestia spoke calmly. "I wish to speak with you." Luna sat in her room, with a controller in her hand when she felt a shiver go down her spine. Darn, looks like she figured it out. Luna hit the pause button and then went to her balcony, before unfurling her wings and flying to her sisters tower.

Celestia watched as her sister glided to her balcony. "Am I correct to assume you are the cause of that shiver I felt." Luna queried.

"I apologize if I made you uncomfortable but I would appreciate it if you could move the moon's light away from my quarters."

"Sister! Do you dislike my moon?! What a harsh thing to say." Luna reach out and patted the moon, her hoof only reached out a few hoof distance but she was somehow able to touch the rocks surface. How does she do that? "There, there. Don't listen to the mean alicorn, she doesn't mean it."

"Luna, do not mock me, I simply wish to sleep but you are making that quite difficult."

"I am doing nothing of the sort, dear sister."

"Could you at least move the moon to the north so it doesn't shine through my window?"

"If ponies see the moon behaving oddly, they may become fearful and afraid."

"Luna, if you don't move it, I will."

"You wouldn't dare!" Luna sent her a playful glare.

"Perhaps not." Celestia disappeared in a flash of golden light, only to reappear on Luna's balcony. "But maybe you would wish to save you memory cards." A hoof full of memory cards floated onto the balcony, surrounded by Celestia magical aura.

"No! Not my save games! Please Celestia, I only just got to the griffons castle. Oh no. Not the blue card! Anything but the blue memory card! Please Celly, I beseech thee. I will do anything."

"Move the moon." Celestia glared. She needed to sleep. Why did her sister have to be so stubborn.

"Anything but that." Celestia raised the blue memory card higher in the air, ready to smash it onto the flagstones.

"Are you sure you are willing to lose all your progress? All those dungeons you had to clear. Imagine having to find all that rare equipment all over again. Do you really wish to go trough all that pain."

Luna glared at her sister. "Fine. Have it your way." Luna's horn glowed and the moon began it's journey across the sky.

"Glad that you could see reason." Celestia returned the cards to their rightful place. "Now if you don't mind, I have some sleep to catch up on. Celestia teleported herself back into her bed and buried herself in blankets. Finally, time to sleep. Or so she thought.

Celestia felt the light on her eyes and opened them again, the anger on her face apparent. Outside the window she could see the sun rising. Only I raise the sun! She will pay for this. The doors to her chamber opened and the lunar princess strode in happily. "Good morning sister. You forgot to raise the sun so I did it for you. Hope you don't mind." She had an evil grin on her face. She won't pay for this, she will suffer for it.


It had been five day since Luna had slept, and it was starting to affect her. Every time she had gone to bed, a single ray of light appeared in the sky, shining right into her eyes. There wasn't even a sun causing the light, it just appeared. She could hardly stay awake during night court anymore and had somehow agreed to take on an apprentice by accident.

It took her two hundred year to build up the courage to prank her sister again.

Author's Note:

Just something I did when I got bored. Hope you guys/girls liked it.

Comments ( 21 )

I shan't review it here, but I'll review it in a blog post

5907850
I love that word.
Shan't
It sounds so cool.

It was okay. Made me chuckle and for that you get a like, hehe.

Still, could use some improvements. There's quite a few tense errors and it gets a bit awkward at times, still with practice and some know how I'm sure it can be ironed out.

5908158
Do you want to do the ironing? :pinkiehappy:

*snorts* :rainbowlaugh:

Points for originality. :raritywink:

Cute, short and funny.

5908359
Me in a nutshell.
Well, I'm actually average height, but you get the idea.

5908179

What, you mean editing?

I wouldn't mind doing a bit of clean up. I quite like editing. Probably best discussed in a PM though.

Well done!

And I get the feeling that, aside from the twits that compose most of the nobles, many ponies feel, "Eh, they're at it again":trollestia:

:rainbowlaugh: This was a really funny story!

However, I did notice one error that's a little distracting

but I would appreciate it if you could move the moons light away from my quarters."

You need an apostrophe on 'moon's':raritywink:

Other than that, this was enjoyable :twilightsmile:

This is a good story.
I like this story.
I usually don't read stories that aren't in the featured or popular boxes, but the premise seemed original. The only complaint is a few grammar mistakes, but besides that this story is golden.

Amm

While amusing, the characters felt wooden.

5908773
Oops! :rainbowderp:
There. Now Celestia is on the balcony.

5909147
I'd like to be a tree. :yay:

XD :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: I rate you 10/10!

Thank you Celestia for enabling my apprenticeship.

5926488
...I don't get it. :rainbowderp:

5927177

"It had been five day since Luna had slept, and it was starting to affect her. Every time she had gone to bed, a single ray of light appeared in the sky, shining right into her eyes. There wasn't even a sun causing the light, it just appeared. She could hardly stay awake during night court anymore and had somehow agreed to take on an apprentice by accident."

Login or register to comment