• Published 1st Apr 2015
  • 1,665 Views, 21 Comments

Midnight's wish:Adventures of the twins. - Sugarcube66



Now that they had reunited, Midnight and Midday are able to enjoy a peaceful life.

  • ...
1
 21
 1,665

Winter holidays and Midi's cutie mark.

Light shone through Midnight's and now Midday's bedroom window. The twins grumbled, Midday however was the first to get up. Night fell straight back to sleep whilst Midi stared at her. Midi then thought of something and said to her younger twin. ''Night, your going to be late for school.''

Night bolted up and began preparing for school, getting her bag and stuff together before stopping, realizing something. She glared at Midi before speaking without a single stutter which surprised Midi a little. ''Wait, schools out, it's the winter holidays. Midi, your joke wasn't very funny.''

Midi giggled. ''I thought it was funny.''

''I'm going back to bed, I'm tired.'' said the white filly, climbing back into the bottom bunk of her's and Midi's shared bunk bed, it had been upgraded by Twilight after Midi began living with them.

''You were up pretty late, Night. What were you reading this time?'' said her sister, looking at the book at her sister's side. She reached over and picked up the beautiful laced and soft book. She stared at it and read the title out loud. ''All you need to know about Equestrian history, ugh boring. How the heck do you find this amusing? I'll never know.''

''I need to get my grades up next term. Last half term, my grades were awful in history. They really need to be a A+ to make mommy happy, she was proud but I can see she wanted more from me, much like big sis. Nyx's grades are straight A's in every subject, except English where she only has a B, but mommy is working with her to upgrade that.''

''I wouldn't call an A in history bad. You remember my grades from Cantorlot Pristine Elementary, I had a D in history. I'm slightly surprised it wasn't an F, I hate history with a passion. Almost as much as I hate our late mother.'' said Midi, stopping instantly when she realized who she spoke about. She looked at Night, who was looking down. ''Ah..I'm sorry, Night. I shouldn't have brought her up.''

''It...wasn't your fault, Midi....maybe, if I hadn't been born, you would have had a normal life....with a loving mother and father. But..no, because I was born, papa was killed and I...I....'' The filly had started crying mid sentence and was unable to speak or stutter out the last bit, but she didn't need to as Midi hugged her.

''Don't ever say that, my life wouldn't have been better. Remember, mom only cared about me being a business mare. I want to be a ballerina, but without you, Night. I probably wouldn't have realized that, you remember the day when I earned my cutie mark. It was slightly before you earned yours. We had just turned five remember...''


Flashback. Midi and Night's age:5. Midi's pov.

It was a rare time that me and Midnight got to see each other, but when we did away from mom's watching cold eyes and under papa's kind and caring eyes. Whilst, I was pampered like mad by mom, I knew about her dark side. She was the dependent of a family of master magicians after all, and she wanted me like that. But little old me, I was just a spirited tomboy who adored the outdoor world.

Me and Midnight were having our small meetings in the backyard, mom was out for the afternoon and much to her displeasure, left dad in charge of us. Neither me or Midnight had our cutie marks and we were talking about what we wanted to be when we grow up. I was actually surprised by Midnight's answer, for she was a pegasus.

''I...wanted to be a magician like mom and you, Midday....'' was her answer. This totally caught me off guard. I hadn't ever expected a pegasus filly to want to be a magic user. I waited for her second piece 'cause I knew it was coming after she saw my expression. ''...I know your shocked but....I want to be....good in mama's eyes....she hates me and yet, I want to be...seen as her daughter!....But enough about me, what...do you want to be, Midday?''

''Me?'' I asked, gently mostly to myself as I began to think. ''Well ever since mom gave me that ballet session. I have come to love ballet, maybe I could become a ballerina. But would mom accept that? What if she hates my talent and starts treating me like she treats you? You lived with it all your life, I haven't...Maybe, I wouldn't be able to take that.''

I saw Midnight shake her head. ''No, I don't think she would. I believe she was pushed you to achieve your dreams. Teach you both ballet and magic.''

I smiled, Midnight was really kind despite being treated like trash by mom. On that topic, why did mom keep hold of Midnight. Was it just somepony to take her temper out on? Or was dad involved? After all, he adores Midnight. Well, I may never find out that answer and mom's not likely to tell me. I decided to draw my thoughts away from that and ask. ''You believe that I can become a ballerina, Midnight?''

''I really do. I mean, I have seen some of your moves and there so graceful that I just want to try them myself. I believe that if you try hard enough, you can become a ballerina. After all, you have a better chance at achieving your dream then a pegasus without any magic.'' she said, mumbled the last bit to herself.

''Your right, want to see some moves now if you like them so much?'' I asked, knowing the answer which was a yes. I got from my seat on the porch and began dancing as graceful as a butterfly, my moves even caught dad's attention. I smiled, closing my eyes making myself one with my dance. I didn't stop, even after I felt this tingle in my flank. I finally stopped when I heard a excited gasp coming from Midnight. I was surprised so I asked. ''Midnight?''

''Midday, look your cutie mark.''

I looked confused at first. 'Cutie mark'? When did I earn my cutie mark? I decided to just look down at my flank and I saw a beautiful image of a purple butterfly sitting on my hide quarter. And it wasn't just a butterfly, there were three small flowers there as well. I smiled in joy, I knew what it meant. 'As graceful as a butterfly' meaning I'm good at dancing.


''Midnight, if you hadn't encouraged me. I might have never discovered my true talent and I would have let a younger filly get her cutie mark first.''

''..Midi, your only older by 3 minutes...'' grumbled Night, but she smiled. Her sister's dream had come true thanks to her and her cutie mark represented it.

Author's Note:

Love? Hate?

Just comment, I don't really care.

Well, this is my new story. Midnight's Wish:Adventures of the Twins. I do hope you enjoy this story, most will be filler but the last segment, which will take me some time to get to, will be really important so I hope you look forward for it.