• Published 27th Mar 2015
  • 2,376 Views, 54 Comments

Friendship Games Shorts - Tennis Match Fan



A prediction of the shorts that will precede Friendship Games!

  • ...
3
 54
 2,376

1. Soccer Stage


Tweet! A shrill sound pierced the air.

"Halftime!" shouted the referee. The Canterlot Wondercolts and Cloudsdale Gremlins jogged off field, waving to cheering fans.

"This is the best game ever!" Rainbow Dash yelled, stuffing more popcorn into her mouth. The scoreboard to her right revealed the score: 14 to 8, Wondercolts.

"Don't forget the main reason why we're here," Applejack reminded Rainbow Dash.

"Cheerleading?" Pinkie joked. Just for fun, she had dressed up in a bright blue cheerleader outfit.

"The halftime show, of course!" Rarity added with a flip of her hair. "When do we go on, Sunset?"

"Right after Thunderstruck," Sunset responded, reading over the agenda. Flash Drive would start, followed by Thunderstruck. The Rainbooms were the final act before the game resumed.

"I bet you're excited, Rainbow," Fluttershy remarked cheerfully, tapping on her tambourine. "You've been wanting to do a halftime show forever!"

"Especially during a game like this one!" Rainbow agreed, tossing another piece of popcorn into her mouth. "What better way to show the Wondercolt spirit?"

"Oh! I know!" Pinkie waved her hand all over the place. "With these!" She tossed out Wondercolt headbands to her bandmates. Everyone accepted.

"Now we're ready!" Applejack grinned. "As soon as it's our turn, of course."


The audience clapped as Thunderbass, Valhallen, and Crimson Napalm walked off stage. The Rainbooms exchanged excited glances. This was it!

"Break a leg, everybody!" Applejack whispered as they walked on stage. "Not literally, of course."

Pinkie Pie took a seat behind her drum set, her drumsticks ready to beat. Rarity, Sunset Shimmer, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy lined up next to a set of microphones. Each held her instrument in perfect position.

"One, two, three!" Pinkie yelled, and the Rainbooms began to play. Students crowded around the makeshift stage to watch the concert.

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Awesome as we wanna be!" the girls chorused. Some members of the audience began to clap along.

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Awesome as we wanna be!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"First you see us, our friendship is unconcealed," Sunset sang, strumming her guitar. "Got my soccer ball, runnin' down the soccer field!" She gently kicked a prop soccer ball off the stage.

"There is nothing you can do to beat us!" Pinkie continued. "We're tryin' hard and you can't defeat us!" She banged extra hard on the cymbals!

"Yeah we're awesome!" Rarity and Applejack chorused.

"Take caution!" Fluttershy and Pinkie added.

"Wondercolts GO! We're awesome as we wanna be!" Sunset and Rainbow Dash finished. As the girls repeated the chorus, their pony transformations began.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!" By the time the girls reached the bridge to the next verse, everyone had pony ears and a "pony tail." Fluttershy's and Rainbow Dash's wings were on their backs, as well.

"Awesome!" Lyra Heartstrings yelled.

"Step aside, dear, you'll be getting in our way!" Rarity harmonized. "We got the soccer skills, and we'll play you any day!"

"When it comes to sports, I'm a groover!" Rainbow sang, her wings flittering in excitement. "You wish you could be twenty percent cooler!"

"Yeah, we're awesome!"

"Take caution!"

"Wondercolts GO! We're awesome as we wanna be!" Rainbow and Sunset finished with a final strum of the guitar chords.

They stood on stage, grinning, as the audience cheered for them. The girls' pony ears vanished into sparkles, and their hair receded to its normal length.


"Good job, Cloudy Kicks!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"Thanks, Fluttershy!" Cloudy waved as she walked by.

"Awesome game, Spitfire!" Rainbow congratulated the Wondercolts captain.

"Thanks, Rainbow." Spitfire winked as she followed Cloudy and the rest of the soccer team off the field.

"It's so awesome the Wondercolts won!" Pinkie exclaimed, jumping up and down. The scoreboard read 24-15.

"I just wish Canterlot High had more luck winning with archery or rollerblading," Rainbow remarked, playing with her wristbands. The rest of the girls nodded.

Sunset, however, had her eyes narrowed, like she was trying to remember something important.

"Uh, Sunse-" Fluttershy began before Sunset's turquoise eyes widened.

"Guys!" she exclaimed suddenly.

"What is it, Sunset Shimmer?" Rarity asked. Everyone leaned in curiously.

"Did you notice that your rainbow streaks didn't appear this time?" Sunset asked. The rest of her friends exchanged glances.

"They didn't?" Fluttershy queried. She finger combed through her pale pink hair.

"Now, that I think about it, they didn't!" Applejack realized. "I wonder why?"

The girls stared at each other, confused.

"Well it doesn't matter that much, does it?" Pinkie asked. "I mean, yeah, the purple and blue was totally splenderific, but we can still make the same siren-blasting, rainbow-rocking music we've always made!" She beamed.

"Pinkie's right!" Rainbow agreed. "Rainbooms all the way!"

"Rainbooms all the way!" her friends cheered.

"Hey, Sunset, can we write to Twilight tellin' her about our show?" Applejack asked. Sunset brightened.

"That's a great idea, Applejack!" she replied. "I'm sure she'd love to hear from us!" She pulled out the magical book from her backpack.

The Rainbooms gathered around as Sunset began to write, "Dear Twilight..."

The End!