• Published 11th May 2012
  • 1,452 Views, 30 Comments

When you're in... - PeaceColt112



Twilight discovers Pink Floyd as a separate universe

  • ...
0
 30
 1,452

A Saucerful of Secrets

Twilight woke with a start, and looked around the room she was in. It wasn't a room per say, It was more a dark chamber, slightly resembling a basement. She was suspended in a thick liquid, just like when she was absorbed by the book. A sudden sensation of dryness shook Twilight slightly, making her shudder from head to hoof. It was a strange sensation, almost like someone blow-dried you in a few milliseconds. Twilight tried using her magic, but failed once again. There was no purpose to it, a shell of some sort surrounded the place she was in (If you could even call it a place) preventing Twilight from using any sort of teleportation to try and get home. Maybe it was just that a completely different set of physical and natural laws existed in this world, and that ordinary rules do not apply. After all, liquids behave like gel, you can move by thinking and there is little to no gravity, but you can still tell what’s up and what’s down.

That’s all she could dot down in her head about the mysterious place she was in before the floor beneath her feet disappeared once again. A strong white light illuminated the room she was in. It would appear that it was quite sizable, but something pinned Twilight in place, making it appear as if she was stuck in a closet. What was even more surprising is that the walls were painted with a lot of colourful patterns and shapes, some resembling microscopic beings while others represented galaxies. It almost seemed like the organisms were moving, dancing their own mysterious dance. There was a shape in the middle of the room that she couldn’t make out from her vantage point.

Twilight was still hovering in mid air. The blazing light from the floor had dropped in intensity, bathing the room in a thin orange glow. Until now she had no courage to walk forward, but her back was starting to stiffen. She moved her left hoof uneasily and found out that it made vapour trails in the surrounding substance, but Twilight herself didn’t budge. Doing the same with her right hoof didn’t result in movement either. Finally, she remembered what happened earlier. You move by using your mind. She simply thought of an abstract concept like “up”, and indeed she did move upwards, floating to the ceiling.

Using her thoughts, she manoeuvred herself closer and closer to what appeared to be a chesterfield sofa in the middle of the room. Lights suddenly turned on in the room, making it glow purple now. Actually, there wasn’t really a definable colour, since the spectrum seemed to fluctuate at will. As a simple experiment, Twilight moved her hoof to the left. The room was suddenly bright red. When she swayed her hoof to the right, it changed colour again, this time to a lighter blue. Soon, she swayed both her hooves in a rhythmic manner, producing some of the finest colours she had ever seen! It was like a massive dance of groovy lights that occurred without any music, because no music was necessary. Twilight had her fun, and now she was worn out. Floating like a leaf on the summer breeze, she descended upon the sofa and fell asleep almost instantly.

***

Twilight was softly woken by a deep bass sound originating from an unknown location. It was a slow sound, like a big fan spinning. Her eyes opened like two very slow venetian blinds, revealing her glassy eyes. Suddenly, she jumped. It wasn’t the same room anymore, and it wasn’t the same chesterfield sofa anymore. This sofa wasn’t as psychedelically coloured as the last, and most certainly not as comfortable as the last one. It was mad of a heavy metallic substance that Twilight couldn’t identify. As a matter of fact the whole room was the same dull drab colour, a corptorate grey. But there was one thing different. In front of twilight stood a window that showed outer space. It was the biggest window she’s ever seen, around forty or fifty times taller than her and at least a mile long. The scene before her eyes was unlike anything anypony ever saw. There were two suns above a small planet that appeared to house the structure Twilight was in. The surface of the planet was completely empty and perfectly flat, allowing for a clear view into space. The same substance replaced air here as well, and she was able to make Vapour trails. Twilight tried to manipulate the lights using her hooves like last time, but to no avail. The deep bass sound transformed into a small tune and an alien voice began singing some downright bizarre lyrics:

Far, far, far, far a-way, way
People heard him say, say
I will find a way, way
There will come a day, day
Something will be done

Then at last the mighty ship,
Descending on a point of flame
Made contact with the human race at Mildenhall

Suddenly a ship appeared just behind the planet, rising from the horizon, barely leaving enough room for the two suns to shine trough. A sign fell from the sky out of nowhere that read (Mildenhall, NO, REALLY) in neon red lettering. The ship descended just under a sudden burst of fire. A man in a spacesuit ran up to it and watched a hatch open, followed by a loud whirring noise. The ship itself looked much like a cigar, just silver and perfectly oval, with no doors or windows. A bright colourful light shone through the hatch, and two visitors greeted the man. He waved back, seemingly completely unbothered by the fact that he was being watched by a pony and that he was in outer space without a spacesuit. One of the two visitors handed him a big tube that had a lot of pipes. The man took out a lighter and lit something underneath. He put this mouth on top of the glass tube and took a deep breath. Then he exhaled and a thick smoke covered him momentarily. One of the visitors pointed towards the ship and the man walked forward. With a loud squeak the ship disappeared, leaving only the glass pipe in its place. The ship reappeared only momentarily to retrieve the glass pipe. Then it was gone for good. A few more songs came and went, all with vivid dramatisations, including one that reminded Twilight of her brother. The planet surface was clear again.

A distant hum was to be heard and all of the sudden, a man walked into the middle of the planet’s surface. He pulled out a small sign that said “Corporal Clegg” on it and had a giant arrow pointing to the man. The voice started singing:

Corporal Clegg had a wooden leg
He won it in the war In nineteen forty four.

Corporal Clegg had a medal too
In orange, red, and blue
He found it in the zoo.

Twilight couldn’t help but giggle. A few more people joined Clegg and started doing a silly dance in a circle with him. It was too much for Twilight. She laughed so hard that tears started streaming down her face. The people turned into confetti and disappeared into the cosmic nothingness. As much as she would hate to admit it, Twilight was sort of enjoying this, despite the lack of her friends. Suddenly, a ray of sunlight hit her face, and then another one. Twilight wiped the tears off her face and looked up. The two suns that illuminated the planet were swirling around each other very quickly, drawing themselves together. With each spin a bass sound sounded in the background. The very deep hums became faster and faster.

Twilight observed something that nopony has ever seen nor will anypony ever see it again. It was the massive collision of two suns, rapidly spinning into each other. The horizon was on fire and the music was getting extremely intense. Suddenly it died down and turned into a drum section, and at the same rime the newly formed star drew material from its surroundings towards its core. A new solar system was about to be born, within the viewing planet’s own solar system. In an instant the whole sky was alight again, filled with a fire ball. Glass shattered and walls melted as the massive fireball breached the inside of the room. Twilight’s body was being torn apart, she was being vaporized. Her fur disappeared and then the rest of her body as well. She was nothing but energy now, sucked into the vortex made by the dying star. Then everything simply faded to black, and she was nothing.

There was no Twilight anymore. She was time, she was space, she was everything and nothing, all at once. It was an amazing feeling, she felt all the atoms of her body fly trough the void, trough the universe, passing suns and nebulas and planets and whole solar systems. She was as free as the wind, as happy as the sun’s rays and as content as the first morning dew on a blade of grass. This was what the meaning of life was. It was to be free; it was to be you, even if you’re not you anymore. At this point She began to feel light-headed (Which is sort of paradoxical, because she had no head to speak of anymore) and slowly drifted away, into a dreamless sleep. Twilight Sparkle was one with the universe, and she loved every second of it...