• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 7,775 Views, 1,387 Comments

Every Cloud has a Silver Lining - David Silver



After deciding to stay in Equestria and learn its ways as a unicorn colt, Silver Lining now faces Canterlot and learning how to be a unicorn with his former-OC and Trixie to watch over him. Will he master magic, or discover the cruel side of foals.

  • ...
50
 1,387
 7,775

12 - Offline Mode

Silver sat in his uncomfortable computer chair, nudging himself into place with his magic. A huge grin was painted on his features as he reached for the mouse... Oh. He frowned, realizing that clicking the buttons on a mouse were far beyond the ability of a hoof. He withdrew his hoof and focused on his horn magic alone. He imagined his hands over the keyboard like they normally would, and moved a hand over the mouse with a smile. This would work well enough.

He called up Steam and opened up his library. Ha! He thought he was being silly when he installed all those games he had no intention of playing at the moment. Now he had a huge collection of games he could play without the internet. He clopped his hooves with joy before he slid out of the chair. Knowing the option was there was good enough. He left the computer on as he wandered into the house. A peek revealed Rough Draft in the den, reading Ponyfinder.

Silver trotted up to him with a cautious expression, "So... like it?"

"Why don't earth ponies get a strength bonus?" asked Rough Draft, "And where are the harmony stats? Do none of the ponies get any modifiers to them?"

Silver snorted softly, "Welcome to my world. Looking at Humanway is that, right there. It's close, but so far off from reality." Rough began to pout and Silver moved in quickly, nuzzling his cheek, "We tried our best."

Rough smiled back, relaxing. "That's all we can ask, I suppose. You did a great job. Did you draw all these pictures too?" He tilted his head at the question, "I didn't know you were an artist."

Silver shook his head, "I had two artists, uh, three artists help with this book. And another person to do the layout, and another to do the editing!"

Rough gave a soft whistle, "I usually have to do it all myself. How do you get a bunch of people together?"

Silver pointed out back towards the living room, "The computer I just plugged in. I can send messages, and even money, through it. They can see what I see, and the editor can edit, and the artists can art, and the layout person takes all we did and puts it together in a book, like that."

Rough frowned a little, "I'm still not sure how you can say your world didn't have magic. You were using it long before you became a unicorn."

"Huh..." said Silver, looking thoughtful, "I guess I was. Do you want to see it working! It's on!"


Silver was back on that bed. Lyra was there. She shimmied up to him across the soft sheets, "No more words. Let's show everypony how much we love each other?"

Silver's sour attitude had followed him. He put a hoof on her muzzle, "Not in the mood. Why can't I have a normal dream?"

Lyra drew back with a blink, "I thought this was a normal dream for a young colt with lingering attraction to an older mare."

Silver squinted, that voice... "Luna?"

And she was Luna, just like that. "You have found me."

Silver blinked softly, "Is there a good reason you're dream-seducing me? Seriously. I was a human, and you know that, and you come after me? You could have anypony you want."

Luna frowned softly, "I have no interest in you that way. I wanted to see how you behave. Your dreams have changed much. They are no longer wild and chaotic, and I wonder why." She raised a jeweled hoof to point at Silver, "You are mine, so it behooves me to know."

"Was that pun on purpose?" asked Silver.

"Pun?" asked Luna, baffled.

Silver shook a hoof, "Nevermind. So... if I had gone along with the dream and, you know, rolled you over and went at it, what would you do?"

Luna raised a brow, "That would tell me several things, though the fashion in which you began your debaucherous act would be most telling of all."

"Would you be offended if I said that's kind of... sick?" asked Silver.

Luna shook her head, "I fail to see why. I have watched the dreams of my people for a long time, be they virtuous or depraved. There is much that can be learned from either."

Silver kept further comment to himself. It was a different world. So their princess and co-god snoops on their dirty dreams? "So... Since we know we're in a dream, I can do... this?" Suddenly Silver was David again. "Huh."

Luna adjusted her sight upwards to David's taller human form. "You could think of females of your kind." It was a trap. The moment David did, she changed, becoming a buxom human female with dark skin and dreaded hair. "Is this attractive to you?"

David barely restrained a chuckle. Luna-human looked confused, "Is this not the female you imagined?"

"Oh, it is," agreed David. "It is also my mother. I'm afraid that won't turn me on, even in my dreams."

Luna was suddenly a pony again, wings unfurled wide, "I did not mean... Forgive us. The human mind is not the pony one."

David shook his head, "There is way too much focus recently on my libido. Crazy mares want to rape me, and then I go to sleep and there are alicorns waiting to finish the job."

Luna reared her head back, "I have no intention on raping you. Do you wish me to leave?"

She began to turn to go when David put a hand on her lower back, which became a hoof as he became Silver again, "No, stay."

Luna turned back to Silver and smiled, "You are far cuter as a colt."

Silver smiled back, "Yes... I am."

Luna poked him then, "What was that about a mare?"

Silver shook his head violently, "I don't want to talk about that."

But it was too late. The warehouse appeared around himself and Luna. The red-furred mare stood beside Silver, who was tied up again with the magic-blocking ring on. She brought down the crop on him and it hurt in that odd way that dream things can hurt. He knew it should sting, so it stung, but there was no real pain.

Luna's eyes narrowed darkly, looking much like Trixie's reaction. "What foulness is this? That filly is old enough to be a mare." She gestured at Silver uncertainly, "This is... Is this true? Do you exaggerate?"

The crop came down again, making Silver yelp and squirm, but also blush hotly at how much he was showing off for Luna. He kind-of liked Luna, even if she was quite frightening.

Luna had seen enough. With a wave of her wings, the dream was dispelled, and they were seated on Discord's bed in the dark void. "I will punish her. It has been some time since I have been able to dispense true Lunar judgment on a pony." She stomped a hoof, cracks running out across the bed as if it were glass.

Silver shrunk a little, "What if--"

"No," said Luna. "You have excused every pony that has slighted you. You have raised your hoof in offer of friendship to those that would slap you across the face. You are... broken. It is a nice broken. It is a friendly broken." She circled around Silver, "But you are broken."

The dream ended abruptly with Silver sitting up in his bed in a cold sweat, Luna's last words echoing in his ears. He was broken. New tears began to build quickly in his eyes as he beat upon his bed with his hooves. Why was avoiding trouble bad? Why couldn't they just let him live? He envisioned Luna already rushing to inform her sister. They would talk.

Then they would send the dangerous human away from their perfect pony land. Who needs a broken citizen?

Author's Note:

Serious business is discussed among many ponies. Also Steam works! Oh boy, ponies will react so well to random games.

Tears make a shoddy ink, no matter who tells you otherwise. Watch out for smudged spelling and grammar.