• Published 10th Jul 2011
  • 12,509 Views, 115 Comments

Porcelain Secrets - Nathan

  • ...
18
 115
 12,509

Epilogue: Mushy Stuff

The sun was setting in Equestria, Celestia’s duty coming to an end as Luna took up her nightly task. Ponies were headed home for the day, all their work and shopping done and their bellies ready to be filled with whatever delectable dishes awaited them at dinner.

Down on Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Bloom trotted through the door and into her home, glancing about nervously. The scene just kept replaying itself in her mind.

"Hey Spike?" she scuffed a hoof on the ground nervously, the sun setting behind her on the path between Ponyville and the farm.

"Yeah?"

Walking up to the dragon, Apple Bloom leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks," she whispered before turning and galloping back to Sweet Apple Acres.

“Just what am ah doing?” the young pony muttered to herself, settling down on a couch. “Spike has a crush on Rarity. He doesn’t have time for little ol’ me…”

“So did you manage to catch up to him?” Applejack walked into the room and smiled at her younger sister, who nodded. “Don’t think you’re completely off the hook just because he came forward. You’ll be doing some extra chores here to make up for all this trouble you helped cause.”

Apple Bloom sighed dejectedly, although she had already figured as much. Just then, an idea occurred to her. “Hey sis?”

“What is it, sugar cube?”

“Umm...”

“Well come on, spit it out.”

“Do you have any good tips for, y’know, kissin an stuff?”

Applejack stared dumbly at her sister for a moment as she tried to process what she had just been asked. “What in tarnation brought this on all of a sudden?” Applejack eyed her sister suspiciously and then got a big grin on her face. “I was right! You do have a crush on that little dragon!”

A crimson blush blossomed on Apple Bloom’s cheeks. “No, well,” Apple Bloom stammerd, “not necessarily.” Taking a good moment to collect herself, she put on her best indignant face and stared up at her sister. “Ah just figured this is something every pony should know! And ah figured you’re a lot older than me and have more experience so I’d come and ask you! You’re practically an expert as far as ah’m concerned!”

Applejack’s eyes narrowed. “And just what the hay is that supposed to mean? You calling me a-”

“A-ah didn’t mean anything by it sis, honest!” Apple Bloom stammered out nervously. “It’s just that, well” she sighed “I figured you’d just know more than me is all. Can you teach me?”

Applejack frowned and turned away, considering for a moment. A dangerous glint appeared in her eyes and she turned back to her sister, idea already formed in her head. “Sure thing, just sit on down and I’ll tell you everything you need to know.”

---

“Applejack, are you pulling my leg?”

“Farmer’s Honor, little sister. I can tell no lies.”

“But…”

“Uh-huh”

“With a pickle?”

“Yep.”

“And the thing with the ears?”

“All true”

“But that’s disgusting!” Apple Bloom stomped out of the room, a mixture of shock, confusion and revulsion painting her face. “If that’s what kissin is all about then I want nothing to do with it!”

“Ah dunno, sugar cube,” Applejack called after her. “You just might get a Kissin Cutie Mark, after all. Wouldn’t that be something?”

“Ah’d rather die!” Apple Bloom growled as she trotted up the stairs to her room. But maybe Spike is worth it, she thought to herself as she settled down to sleep. Only tomorrow would tell.

---

“APPLEJACK!” Apple Bloom came screaming onto the farm. “APPLJACK, YOU TWO-TIMING SNAKE OF A SISTER!” She found her quick enough, working out in the orchards and making sure the new saplings had enough support. They had just added a few new rows to the edge, vaing cleared away the brambles and the new trees needed all the care they could get.

Applejack looked up from her work, her amusement concealed behind a mask of feigned innocence. “Why Apple Bloom, whatever has you in such a fuss?”

“You know darn well what you done! What the hay was all that stuff you told me yesterday about kissn?” The little filly stood, coat slick with grease and hair drenched with brine. Bits of flower petals were still visible on her chin.

Applejack could no longer help herself, she fell to the ground and began rolling in laughter. “Oh my word, you actually believed it! Ah never thought you’d fall for it!”

“APPLEJACK!” Apple Bloom shouted at her chortling sister. “How could you! Ah’ve never been so embarrassed in my life! And now I’m going to smell like vinegar and tomatoes for weeks…”

“Yeah, sorry about that, little sister,” Applejack managed to get out before snorting again, “but let’s face it. You’re just not ready for that kind of relationship yet.”

“Like hay I ain’t!”

“Just listen for a sec, Apple Bloom.” Apple Jack sat up next to her sister. “Kissin ain’t one of those things you can just do at the drop of a hoof, and nopony can tell you how to do it either. That kind of thing only comes with experience, trust and love. Not the fake kind a puppy love that is here one day and gone the next, but the real stuff that sees ponies spending the rest of their lives together. You make sure that when you give somepony your first kiss, not just a peck on the cheek but a real, full blown kiss, that the lucky gentlecolt that gets it deserves it and that you are sure he’s the right one.”

Apple Bloom sighed and looked down at her hooves. “You’re right. Ah guess I have been acting a bit silly.”

Applejack nodded and smiled. “At least we got that straight. On the bright side, I bet Spike doesn’t know quite what to think anymore. At the very least you probably confused him an awful lot.”

Apple Bloom began walking with her sister through the trees and back towards the farm house. “Yeah,” she grimaced, “I suppose I should apologize before too long.”

“What for?”

“I never told you what I did with the pickle.”

Comments ( 84 )

Excellent story. Very cute ending.

I still love this story, even after a bunch of rereads.

I'm usually not one for cutesy shipping fics, but hey, its my bro Spike and my gal Applebloom. You made them even better together than they were apart.

BTW. Cutest. Damn. Image. Ever.

I wish there was more. If you ever write a follow up to this, I'll be more then happy to read it as well.

P.S. I agree with ThePower and QuillDipper.

#5 · Aug 13th, 2011 · · ·

What did she do with the pickle?

Beautiful story, but, as Anon.... I wanna know what happened with the pickle

...pickle......wait.....WHAT?:rainbowderp:

Dawww cute :rainbowkiss::heart:

Dawww cute :rainbowkiss::heart:

Poor :applecry:, now AJ really needs to set her down and have the "Talk" with her. :applejackunsure:

D'aaawwwwwww. But why is this marked as incomplete?

Best ending ever! :rainbowlaugh:

Omg! I ROFL'd so hard!:rainbowlaugh:

I think Applebloom put a pickle up her ear!
Or nose.

That's probably not so comfy now, isn't it? :applecry:

Oh dear God, not the pickle

i did the same thing applejack did. i made my lil bro look like a total retard

24384
OK, please for the purpose of sating both my curiosity and that of everyone else, what did AJ tell Apple Bloom to do?

"Go ahead and leave the switch their, sugar cube."
^ There, not their.

Also, "I never told you what I did with the pickle" :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh: I actually laughed at that line. Well done.

this was a good story :pinkiehappy:

Why must it end?! Well it was a beautiful story nevertheless.

Not

That last comment with the pickle can mean so many things... WHY?!? :fluttershbad:


-----
I am many things in many places. Here I am Not.

and nothing happened with the pickle. the end. :moustache:

I laughed my balls off at the end :rainbowlaugh:

What? Your PICKLE is evolving! Dunna-duna! dwopwopwopwopwopwopwapiling! Duh duh dahhh, duhdadadadadahhh! CONGRATULATIONS! Your PICLE has evolved into a :moustache:.

PICKLE is trying to learn the move :flutterrage:, but it already knows four moves. Delete a move to learn :flutterrage:?

:applecry: :eeyup:

:rainbowwild: :rainbowhuh:

:trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::unsuresweetie:
Kudos if you know what pokemon moves I was thinking of!
Hint: #4 is Amnesia, #2 is calm mind
Bonsly can learn move 1, and a certain pink pokemon uses #3 (it's part of its name) :yay:
The move being learned is ____!

#26 · Dec 6th, 2011 · · ·

what did she do with the pickle

holy cow, for the love of celestia please tell me what :applecry: did with the pickle? i mean, it could mean so many things.

56868
54316
For the last time, I have no idea what she did with the pickle. That is between Applebloom and Spike. I wasn't there.

Are there going to be more?:fluttercry::applecry::raritycry::raritydespair::ajsleepy:

Pickle? WHAT A PLOT :twistnerd:!!!


ALLONS-Y!!!


68973 ....that...could be interpreted in a few ways......:twilightblush: SHUT UP!!!

D'aww! It's, SO DERPIN CUTE!:derpytongue2::heart:

81076 You win an internet! :yay:
And the move being learned was, of course, RAGE.
:trollestia:

Only Hue can prevent Florist Friars.

A pickle. . . wat?

I usually don't use the term, but this was "cute" :rainbowkiss:
Damn, I'd love to see a sequel :pinkiehappy: Anyone know of a good SpikeApplebloom fic? My interest has been poked :pinkiehappy:
-Glassed

so the pickle whas for?:rainbowhuh:

I thought AJ was honest! Why would she lie about kissing?

Convulsing from the cuteness. Bravo.

I'm never eating pickles again :twilightoops:

for the love of god where did she put the pickle:derpyderp1:
i have an idea but i dont want to say it
so someone else will

132938 There are quite a few of them out there, but obviously, their quality varies pretty drastically. "The Back Room" has this pairing, but that one's a clopfic (yes, including Spike/Apple Bloom clop), so tread very carefully; it's not for everyone, that's for sure. Otherwise, there's always the groups on Deviantart dedicated to the pairing - spikebloom.deviantart.com and mlp-fim-shipping.deviantart.com (the latter is for all pairings, simply go to the gallery section and pick out Spikebloom). There are quite a few good stories (and pictures) stowed away there if you're ready to dig a little. Hope this helps a bit.

148817 Yeah, I've read "The Back Room". Certainly not for everyone, but I can't argue that it's pretty well written in some places (Even with it being a clopfic).
Wow, some of these pictures are really good :pinkiegasp:
Thanks for the help, I'll continue my search :pinkiehappy:
-Glassed

OH NO! NOT THE PICKLE! :pinkiegasp:
Very cute story btw.

113323 never heard of corporal punishment?

190874

Yes. My parents used to use it on me all the time, until I called the cops when I started bleeding. Ever since then, I've been against ANY form of physical punishment.

190879
Beating your kids until they bleed is wrong. Spanking them or switching them on the rear is not. I swear parents are getting too soft these days. Proper discipline and punishment =\= child abuse. Yes, there is a line but telling parents they can't spank their children is like telling cops they can't write traffic tickets.

192357 Tread very carefully here, this is dangerously thin ice. In most European countries, parents are forbidden by law these days to raise their hands against their kids, and while I can understand wanting to spank unruly kids from time to time (or just getting so worked up that you lose control), violence against children should by all rights be out of the question. I'm fully aware that I'm standing on a very unsteady soapbox here myself, but no, I don't think it's "alright" to beat your kids with a wooden stick, and to have the kid him-/herself pick out that stick is adding psychological cruelty into the mix as well (sending a message of "I have to do this, it's your fault"). It might have been done that way for centuries, but so was slavery, and no one these days regards that as morally acceptable.

Rant over. Back to story comments, shall we?

195377 Opinions. It's not violence provided there is no lasting harm to the child. The picking of the stick was something I pulled from classic literature like Where the Red Fern Grows and Summer of The Monkeys, I've never actually been subjected to that. I figure it gives the child the opportunity to think about what they did wrong. I think you are all misjudging the thickness of the branch as well. Switches are generally very narrow and sting but don't bruise or draw blood unless the person using it is using unnecessary amounts of force.

All in all, I'm just going by how I was raised. I can't expect others to do differently.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the saying ' Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black' sound kinda racist.

Login or register to comment