• Published 18th May 2012
  • 12,430 Views, 1,757 Comments

Death Battle: Equestria - RLYoshi



Death Battle with ponies. Characters are researched, then pitted against each other in fights to the death, with pacifistic tendencies removed. Who would win in an Equestrian Death Battle?

  • ...
54
 1,757
 12,430

PreviousChapters Next
Battle 4: Cutie Mark Crusaders Free-For-All

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle. Together, they make up the Cutie Mark Crusaders, seen by many as the deuteragonists of the show.

They're hyperactive, rambunctious, and alternate between being adorable, annoying, adorably annoying, and annoyingly adorable!

Though they may be the best of friends, how would they fare against each other? Which Crusader stands the best chance at surviving a fight to death against her fellow filly friends?

He's Yah-Shee and I'm Arrell!

And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armour, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.


Apple Bloom

Type: Earth pony
Special talent: Unknown; likely involves construction
Presumably the leader of the CMC
Applejack's younger sister
Wears a pink bow that droops when she is sad
Talks incredibly fast and loud
Master of puppy-dog eyes

Apple Bloom is the first of the three Crusaders, and is widely assumed to be their leader.

She's Applejack's little sister, so she's got a few of her attributes. She's an earth pony, a farmer, and has a stereotypical Southern accent.

...Yes. In addition, she also shares her older sister's stubborn streak. When she decides she wants to do something, she won't rest until she does. However, this is also a weakness of hers, as she decides things that she wants to do without really thinking them through, acting on impulse and using the first idea to come into her head, even if it has obvious flaws.

Since she's an earth pony, Apple Bloom has above average strength...for a filly. Obviously Applejack's stronger due to being older and spending a lot of time bucking trees, but Apple Bloom makes up for what she lacks in power through sheer energy.

Apple Bloom is hyperactive, energetic, and so on, even more so than the other Crusaders. However, she is able to concentrate on one task when she needs to. She has also shown to have great skill in arts, crafts, design, et cetera, and is assumed by many to be her special talent.

Of course, like always, she is totally oblivious.

That's right, Arrell. Apple Bloom tends to miss the point and overlook certain details in her plans, which is usually what leads to her failure in her objectives. Speaking of failure, she seems doomed to never succeed, at least not in the way she plans to. More often than not, if she tries to do something, her attempts will all fail, but in the end the result will ironically end up the same.

I can't even tell if that's good luck or bad luck...

"Aren'tcha gonna stay for brunch?"


Scootaloo

Type: Pegasus
Special talent: Unknown; likely involves dancing or her scooter
Idolizes Rainbow Dash
Brash and sometimes arrogant
Master of scooter riding and stunts
Can't actually fly
Talks incredibly fast and loud
She is not a chicken or a dodo, people!

Hey, Yah-Shee! Look! It's a chicken!

That joke got old a long time ago, Arrell. Anyway, Scootaloo is the second of the three Crusaders. She is a lot like Rainbow Dash in many ways: brash, fast, sometimes rude, and gets into arguments quite often.

Of the three Cutie Mark Crusaders, she's probably the one that confuses fans the most. She's the only one whose family is never seen and hasn't had her own episode yet, so a lot of fans have come up with some theories on her. Some make a bit of sense, like her being an orphan, but others...well, let's just say one fic suggests she's the daughter of Princess Celestia herself and leave it at that.

Gladly. It's likely that Scootaloo has a regular family that has just not been shown yet, since there hasn't exactly been a pressing need for them to appear. Family issues aside, Scootaloo has other problems.

She's a pegasus, yet she can't fly since she doesn't bother training her wings! So instead, she just rides a scooter and uses her wings to make it go really fast!

Scootaloo, as her name implies, is a master at scooter riding and stunts. She can pull off all manner of tricks and jumps on her scooter without missing a beat, and she is usually the Crusaders' main method of transportation, riding a scooter while pulling Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle behind her in a wagon.

And despite the extra weight, she still rides like the wind! She must be really tough!

Actually, Arrell, she's much tougher than you'd think. She has been shown to have physical strength that even outmatches the average earth pony, being capable of bucking a bowling ball hard enough that it bounces around a room like a basketball, and not having broken legs to show for it.

What.

However, while she may be strong, she is also often rude. She gets into arguments with the other Crusaders very often, especially Apple Bloom, and is quick to show her distaste for anything she finds "mushy" or "namby-pamby".

Huh...reminds me of anti-bronies.

Despite this, she is a good kid at heart, putting aside her hatred of things such as love to help the other Crusaders try and get together Big Macintosh and Cheerilee on Hearts and Hooves Day. In addition, while Apple Bloom is the leader of the Crusaders, Scootaloo does take command at times whenever she doesn't. However, apparently most of her ideas end up with the trio covered in tree sap, though we don't yet know exactly why.

"These namby-pamby stories aren't getting us any closer to our cutie marks! They're all about 'finding who you really are' and boring stuff like that!"


Sweetie Belle

Type: Unicorn
Special talent: Unknown; likely involves singing
Rarity's younger sister
Does not like danger
Seemingly cannot do magic
Talks incredibly fast and loud
Expansive vocabulary, but not a literal dictionary
A robot...? Nah...

Sweetie Belle is the third and final member of the Crusaders. While she may be Rarity's younger sister, she doesn't act very much like the fashionista at all; despite believing she has talent as a designer, she really doesn't.

And she doesn't carry around the same snobbish attitude either! Instead, she's pretty shy and not that courageous; she balks at the idea of performing for an audience and doesn't like dangerous activities nearly as much as Scootaloo and Apple Bloom.

She tends to be the most down-to-earth of the Crusaders, but while this makes her more sane, it also makes her less brave. She normally doesn't do many physical activities, but she does compete in the Sisterhooves Social and places second, meaning she has at least average physical prowess.

You're probably wondering why her physical condition is important when she's a unicorn and can use magic. Well, here's why: from what we've seen so far, she can't actually use magic. At least, not yet. Don't know why; maybe she just doesn't try it, or maybe she's too young, but either way, we haven't seen her even light her horn up since season one.

Due to this, we will run on the assumption that she actually cannot use magic yet. However, one of her prime skills has nothing to do with magic at all: singing. She has been shown on various occasions to have an excellent singing voice, implying this to be her special talent, but she's too wrapped up trying to be a designer to realize this.

Well, at least she's talented and doesn't know it rather than being horrible at it and thinking she's good. Last thing we need is another Justin Bieber.

Moving on, Sweetie Belle can apparently defy the laws of physics and logic with her cooking, succeeding in liquifying toast and burning juice. As you can probably tell by now, Sweetie Belle is usually a little ditzy, completely missing the point of a lullaby at one point and singing very loudly rather than quietly. However, while she may be an odd sort, she does try her best to be nice and help others out, even if this means doing dangerous things with the other Crusaders.

But will that really help her in a fight to the death?

...Probably not.

"Why does everypony always think I'm gonna sing?"


Alright, the combatants are set! Let's end this debate once and for all!

IT'S TIME FOR A THREE-FIGHTER DEATH BATTLE ROYALE!


Somewhere in the Everfree Forest was a clearing. In this clearing stood three fillies, ready to battle, one of whom was perched on her scooter and ready to move. They waited tensely for the signal to begin.

FIGHT!

As soon as the battle started, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle both charged at Scootaloo, who quickly sped away on her scooter. The two crashed into each other and instantly went after each other. They traded blows, mainly involving punching and bucking each other. Eventually, Sweetie Belle rolled to dodge one of Apple Bloom's bucks and stabbed the earth pony in the front leg with her horn.

Apple Bloom yelped in pain as she fell to the ground, and Sweetie Belle stood over her triumphantly. This proved to be a bad idea, however, as Apple Bloom bit down on Sweetie Belle's front leg and pulled, knocking the unicorn filly to the ground as well and giving the young farmer time to stand up, albeit shakily due to her damaged leg. She turned and bucked Sweetie Belle in the face, sending her back into a tree.

Scootaloo suddenly rode back in, crashing into Apple Bloom and sending the latter flying into the same tree as Sweetie Belle. The collision knocked the young unicorn's head back into the tree, cracking her head and snapping her neck, causing her to fall to the ground dead. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo stared each other down, ready for the true battle.

Using her scooter as a weapon, Scootaloo tried to charge Apple Bloom, but the farmer dodged to the side and forced Scootaloo to make a sharp turn to avoid the tree. Since her foe was disoriented, Apple Bloom ran and bucked the orange pegasus, knocking her off her vehicle. The two began to tussle, punching each other and trying to deal the most damage. Eventually, Apple Bloom tried to buck Scootaloo into a tree like she did to Sweetie Belle, but Scootaloo ducked and gave her own buck, sending Apple Bloom flying backwards through two or three trees before finally skidding to a stop. Using this opportunity, Scootaloo hopped back on her scooter.

The flightless pegasus rode up to Apple Bloom and jumped, pulling her scooter into the air with her. Apple Bloom watched as Scootaloo flew through the air, then turned her scooter to face the opposite way and ride off a tree, skidding down back onto the ground and crashing into Apple Bloom. The attack took the earth pony by surprise, leaving her with no time to dodge or counter.

Apple Bloom flew through the air and landed next to a cliff. Peering over the edge, she saw it lead down into a nigh-endless drop, with vines drooping off the sides. Getting an idea, Apple Bloom grabbed one of the vines in her mouth and chucked it at Scootaloo's scotter, grabbing the vehicle's handlebars and pulling it out from under the filly.

Throwing the vine back over the edge, Apple Bloom watched as the scooter went crashing down to the ground below. Turning back to her opponent, the farmer grinned, knowing that Scootaloo now no longer had the item that gave her an advantage, and charged. She delivered a series of punches and bucks to Scootaloo, ending by grabbing the pegasus's tail in her mouth and whipping her head around, releasing the tail and sending Scootaloo flying over the cliff edge as well. Scootaloo tried to fly, but her wings were too weak, and she plummetted out of Apple Bloom's sight.

Apple Bloom smirked, believing she had won. She trotted over to the cliff edge and looked over, expecting to see Scootaloo's splattered body on the ground below.

Instead, she saw the flightless pegasus clinging to one of the vines with her teeth, swinging her body to gain momentum. She then swung her body hard, flinging herself into the air and letting go, landing back on solid ground and kicking Apple Bloom in the face on the way down.

Apple Bloom was too startled to fight back as Scootaloo assaulted her, breaking almost every bone in her body. To finish up, Scootaloo pulled Apple Bloom's hair ribbon off, untied it into a simple string, and wrapped it around Apple Bloom's neck, strangling her. She didn't let go until Apple Bloom stopped breathing entirely and let her slump to the ground.

K.O.


Wow, I've never seen fights between kids get so gruesome!

All three Crusaders had their own advantages and disadvantages, but when it comes to actual battle, some of these traits became either magnified or useless. Sweetie Belle may be a great singer who likes helping others, but that is never useful in battling, and she was easily taken down.

This left Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, the only two real fighters. Apple Bloom may have natural earth pony strength, but it couldn't match up to Scootaloo's unexplained power and fantastic scooter skills!

Even when it looked like Apple Bloom had the advantage since Scootaloo had lost her scooter and was dangling over the ledge, the pegasus still had her expert dancing skills and maneuvering that allowed her to swing back up without missing a beat and finish her foe off in a very ironic way: with Apple Bloom's own hair ribbon.

When it comes to fighting, the other crusaders better just "scoot" over!

The winner is Scootaloo.


Next time on DEATH BATTLE: Equestria:

Two of the most dangerous ponies of the mane cast...for completely different reasons. One is intelligent, powerful, and magical. The other...

...is Pinkie Pie. No other words can truly describe her.


Got a suggestion for a Death Battle? Post a comment below suggesting matchups, or send me a PM with suggestions in it!

You may suggest OC characters, provided they are from a story on this site that is at least somewhat well-known.

Please do not suggest matchups that have already happened. You may suggest individual characters to appear in matches against a different opponent than one they have fought previously, but suggestions like those are less likely to be used (unless I REALLY like the idea).

PreviousChapters Next