• Published 18th May 2012
  • 12,438 Views, 1,757 Comments

Death Battle: Equestria - RLYoshi



Death Battle with ponies. Characters are researched, then pitted against each other in fights to the death, with pacifistic tendencies removed. Who would win in an Equestrian Death Battle?

  • ...
54
 1,757
 12,438

PreviousChapters Next
Tournament Battle 11: Jake Gray VS Ritz Korimere

Yes! Guns versus swords! Let’s do this!

You seem excited.

Are you kidding? All we need now are lasers!

Jake Gray, the cybernetically enhanced former cop...

And Ritz Korimere, the guard from Stalliongrad!

I’m Yah-Shee and he’s Arrell, and it’s our job to analyze their weapons, armour, and skills to find out would would win an Equestrian Death Battle.


Jake Gray

Species: Human
Occupation: Vigilante
Former Police Officer
Also known as “Bloodflow”

Jake Gray was a police officer in New York, who along with other New York officers, were outfitted with cybernetic gauntlets and boots to increase their strength, speed, reaction time, and other senses. However, something went wrong with Jake’s set, which resulted in his cybernetic enhancements being permanently stuck to him.

In other words, he became a discount Robocop.

Over time, Jake learned to adjust to this. However, other cops with these enhancements began abusing their power and started killing people over minor crimes. So the cybernetics were banned, but since Jake’s was fused to him, his superiors were forced to fire him.

Some time later, Jake returned home to find that his wife and child were killed by a man with the same enhancements. Why exactly? Turns out that the cybernetics had tiny needles in them that injected some sort chemical that makes the user go crazy. Yet, due to the short circuit with Jake’s, his didn’t do that.

After spending 6 years hunting the man who killed his family, and after learning the information about the enhancements we just mentioned, Jake vowed to get revenge on the company who made them: Dynamicorp.

Which he did by entering their headquarters with two M9 pistols, some remote detonated explosives, and enough ammo to take over a small country. With all of these he then laid down the law on them!

Eventually, after killing many, many armed security guards, he made his way to Dynamicorp’s CEO, who ended up throwing him into some kind of experimental portal...which, of course, ended up sending him to Equestria.

And what does he do in Equestria? Runs away from Princess Celestia, gets caught by her, and after they introduce themselves to each other, he meets Luna and learns that the crime rate been going up in Equestria. And...that’s it.

Unfortunately, this is another story with very little in it...so like before, let’s see how that works out.

"I might not be in the greatest state of mind, all things considered. I was thrown from my world, landed on some planet that’s god-knows-how far away from mine, and I woke up on a hospital bed, being cared for by a bunch of talking horses! Oh, and these guys over here tried to kill me. Doesn’t exactly make for the most calming of situations, does it?"


Ritz Korimere

Species: Pegasus (formerly Human)
Occupation: Guard
Not Fluttershy
… Um… That’s about it.

Is that Fluttershy wearing armor?

No, but you’re not the only one who thought that at first. Ritz Korimere is a guard who met the human-turned-dragon, Ember, in Stalliongrad. She and another guard named Silverwing helped Ember and her friend, a Diamond Dog named Grim-

Not the same Grim from Ivan’s story.

Right, and as I was saying: they nursed them back to health…after Silverwing attacked them in the first place.

Then Ritz gave Ember her rapier, which we’ll be giving her to use in this Death Battle for the sake of fairness, to use to hunt down Griffin "The Griffin" North, who killed her adoptive father and used one of his scales to make his sword, Hades.

Something to note here is that Ember didn’t even know her adoptive father for long, so at best her right to seek revenge is questionable.

Well, he did seem better than her human father. I don't know if dragons are good parents, but trust me when I say they do not make good wives.

...wait, what?

Nothing!

...okay. Anyway, Emb-

Wait, why are we talking about Ember? Ritz is the one fighting.

Maybe it’s because we have so little information on Ritz that we’d rather see Ember fighting?

Why didn’t this guy just nominate Ember then? It’s not like this is a strictly pony OC tournament. I mean, Jake’s a robo-human, Lucario is a Pokemon, Marr Bell is a gorgon, and several of the other competitors are chess pieces of the gods who aren’t ponies or humans, so why didn’t he just nominate Ember? I mean, not only does she have Ritz’s rapier, but she’s a friggin dragon. Why wouldn’t you want a dragon in this tournament!?

Because she has impenetrable scales and overpowered attacks that would make her unstoppable by literally every other combatant.

Who said that?!

It's me. Your lord and saviour and author. Trust me, Ember was overpowered even for the Chessverse. Not letting her face off against OCs who are mostly, at best, above average in terms of power.

...fair enough. So what else do we have on Ritz?

Well, in Griffin’s fight with Ember; or Gemina, Ember’s twin sister/alternate personality - don't ask, it’s kinda weird - when Griffin used Forma Versus to turn Ember and himself back into humans, Ritz was there and she also turned into a human, so there’s that.

Wait, Ritz is human? So does that mean she’s a chess piece too?

Not that it’s been confirmed, but it does seem likely.

"I'm Ritz, and you’re going to help me because Ember is close to starting the Apocalypse, and has barely managed to retain a modicum of sanity over the past two weeks."


Alright, the combatants are set! Let's end this debate once and for all.

IT’S TIME FOR AN EQUESTRIAN DEATH BATTLE!


In an abandoned, graffiti-covered building, Ritz Korimere was busy investigating the area due to rumors of illegal activities going on. She looked around, but didn’t see anything except for the many support beams that held up the building.

Suddenly a nearby door got kicked open, and Jake Gray, a human wearing a red hooded coat and had metal gloves and boots on his arms and legs stepped through.

Seeing this, Ritz got ready to grab her rapier, just in case.

FIGHT!

Right away Jake pulled out his twin M9 pistols and points them at Ritz. Ritz went wide-eyed and ducked behind a nearby counter just as Jake started to open fire at her.

Behind the counter, Ritz pulled out her rapier and waited patiently for Jake’s gunfire to stop.

Bullets were whizzing through the air all around her making holes in the wall. One of them even passed through the counter, missing Ritz’s head by mere centimeters. It did pass through her mane though.

After a while, the gunfire stopped, but Ritz still waited. Eventually she heard Jake’s footsteps as he started walking closer to her. Ritz waited for a few moments until she heard them stop.

Jake was right there when suddenly, the counter that Ritz had been hiding behind was kicked towards him. Jake kicked the counter right as it reached him, shattering it into splinters. Ritz, seizing the opportunity, flew up from behind the counter and slashed Jake across the chest.

Jake grabbed his chest in pain and stepped back. Blood was dripping through his fingers, but that didn’t stop him as he held out one of his guns fired shot after shot at Ritz, who bobbed and weaved to avoid them, but one bullet was lucky and managed to hit her back, left leg.

Ritz grunted in pain, but still was able to fly through an open doorway into another room.

Jake, seeing that his opponent had escaped him, got back up and followed her into the room that she went in with both guns ready.

Jake walked into the room where the armored pegasus entered to find that it was a bathroom with three closed stalls.

Jake cautiously walked over to the first stall and kicked it open to reveal nothing but a smashed toilet.

Then he walked over to the next one and kicked it’s door in too to see another toilet, this one intact, yet looked as if it hadn’t been cleaned in several years.

Jake then walked to the final stall. He was ready to kick it open, but as he did he stopped and noticed something shiny in the corner of his eye. Quickly, he turned to face Ritz and held up his metal covered arm to stop Ritz’s rapier from coming down on his head.

Ritz just glared at him in anger at this.

Jake then quickly pointed his other gun at Ritz, but Ritz, seeing this coming, flew right out of the bathroom and out into the building again.

Ritz flew as fast as she could and went up a flight of stairs to the next floor where she found a desk to hide under. She ducked under the desk and stayed there with her weapon ready. She knew that Jake would be coming for her, it was only a matter of time.

Eventually a whole minute past without her hearing Jake’s footsteps come up the stairs. Then another minute past, and then another. Before long, a good seven minutes passed with no sign of Jake Gray.

Realizing this, Ritz slowly stepped out from under the desk, not putting her guard down even for a moment.

She winced in pain a bit as she tried to stand, her leg being shot and all. With that in mind she flew up off the ground a bit and slowly made her way down the stairs.

When she reached the previous floor, she looked around. Jake wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

Then she noticed something by one of the support beams, a block of C4.

Her eyes widened to the size of the sun as she turned around and noticed that most of the other support beams had at least one block of C4 on them.

Ritz quickly eyeballed the nearest exit she could find, a broken window. Right as she was about to fly up to it to escape, the C4 was suddenly set off, blowing up the beams.

Debris came falling down as the building began to fall apart. Ritz dodged and weaved around several chunks of plaster and concrete, but right when she thought she was home free, with the window a mere five feet away from her, a large amount of debris fell on top of her, pinning her to the ground below.

From the outside of the building, a good distance away, Jake Gray, detonator in hand, watched as the entire building came down, creating a large cloud of dust into the air.

In the aftermath of the unexpected demolition, Ritz lay down under a pile of debris, crushed to death at the weight of a building on top of her.

K.O.


See! I knew this would be awesome.

Even though admittedly both competitors didn’t give us too much to work with, through comparing them, Jake had more obvious skills then Ritz.

Sure, Ritz could be a powerful warrior, but if that’s the case there really isn't that much proof of that. Especially since there’s a good chunk of time between the last chapters of Dancing Flame, Cooling Ember and her appearance in Griffin the Griffin, and we don’t really know what happened to her in that time.

Sure, we see that she has a rapier, but we don’t really know how exactly how good she is with it. We don’t even know how good she is at flying.

So, overall, we had to mostly make assumptions when it came to her.

Jake, on the other hoof...we’ve seen how good of a shot he is, and how he can figure out good areas to place his explosives. So, in the end he has more judgeable skills than Ritz.

Ritz could have done well, but then everything came crashing down on her.

The winner is Jake Gray.


Next time on the Equestrian Death Battle Tournament:

After over a year, Round One comes to a close, with Aoi VS Shadow Blitz!

Who will win? Who will die? Find out next time!

Author's Note:

Written by KenSES64 and RazortheAwesome (and an interjection from RLYoshi)
Research portions edited by RazortheAwesome and RLYoshi
Battle edited by RazortheAwesome

PreviousChapters Next