• Published 18th May 2012
  • 12,438 Views, 1,757 Comments

Death Battle: Equestria - RLYoshi



Death Battle with ponies. Characters are researched, then pitted against each other in fights to the death, with pacifistic tendencies removed. Who would win in an Equestrian Death Battle?

  • ...
54
 1,757
 12,438

PreviousChapters Next
Battle 15: Big Mac VS Little Mac

There are many characters out there with similar names.

And with these two, it ends up being a battle of punching versus kicking!

Big Macintosh, the soft-spoken farmer…

...and Little Mac, the WVBA Champion.

I’m Yah-Shee and he’s Arrell, and it’s our job to analyze their weapons, armour, and skills to find out who would win an Equestrian Death Battle.


Big Macintosh

Species: Earth pony
Special talent: Apple farming
Occupation: Farmer at Sweet Apple Acres
Applejack and Applebloom's older brother
Physically most powerful pony on the show
Can drag houses and buck crowds of ponies
Typically says very little

Big Macintosh, known to many simply as Big Mac, is an earth pony farmer and the older brother of both Applejack and Apple Bloom; both of whom are former DEATH BATTLE: Equestria competitors, with he himself also being one, having faced Iron Will before.

And he kicked his scrawny flank!

Yeah, that happened. Since Big Mac has already appeared, we'll just give a quick review on his abilities.

Like his sisters, he's got typical earth pony features. No wings or magic, but makes up for it with power!

So far, Big Mac has been shown to be the most physically strong pony to appear on the show. He can drag an entire house and barely be slowed down, capable of pulling it halfway across Ponyville without being worn out.

Take that, Chuck Norris!

He is sturdy and enduring, not even flinching while accomplishing various difficult tasks which many other ponies would consider impossible, including sending an entire crowd of ponies flying at least a mile away just by charging through them.

Big Mac doesn't have any weapons or armour. He just has his yoke, his strength, and his famous single-word phrases.

Yes. Big Mac may be strong, but he's very soft-spoken and shy. He doesn't speak much to anypony outside his family, and even then he keeps his sentences short. However, it is also implied that he is rather intelligent, handling most of the mental chores around Sweet Apple Acres since Granny Smith is too old, Applebloom is too young, and Applejack is...

"Don't use yer fancy mathematics ta muddle the issue!"

...like that.

Yeah, like that.

"Eeeyup."


Little Mac

Species: Human
Occupation: Professional boxer
Trained by Doc Louis
Has won multiple boxing championships
Can become Giga Mac
Typically says very little

And in this corner, standing in at 5 foot 7 inches, weighing in at 107 pounds, from Bronx, New York, USA. Little Mac!

Little Mac is a young boxer who wanted to join the World Video Boxing Association, or WVBA. So he traveled to New York City to train under former Heavyweight champion, Jerome “Doc” Louis.

Heavyweight is right! He’s a grade-A chocoholic. If he’s not eating it, he’s talking about it. Sounds like my kind of guy! Though we’re not here to talk about Doc, we’re here to talk about Mac.

Little Mac is quick on his feet, able to dodge many fast and strong attacks from many much larger opponents...with most of those larger opponents usually being racial stereotypes. Seriously, tell me I'm wrong.

Though he can get tired if he gets hit enough, or enough of his attacks get blocked. But Little Mac isn’t just able to dodge these much larger guys; he’s able to knock them around as well.

Of course, Little Mac wouldn’t be able to do most of this if he didn’t have any special abilities.

Little Mac has mastered the Star Punch; a powerful uppercut that, when hit at the right moment, can knock down or even knock out an opponent, and can for some reason send some sort of stereotypical food flying out of his opponent.

But this isn’t all he can do. Little Mac can also transform into the powerful goliath known as Giga Mac.

Unlike “Little” Mac, Giga Mac is a hulking powerhouse that’s able to deal extraordinarily strong strikes on opponents. Unfortunately, he also becomes slower in this form, making him a little easier to hit. Plus this form doesn’t last extremely long, and if he becomes Little Mac again, it might be a while before he can turn into Giga Mac again. But look at him! He only needs a few seconds in that form to break just about any bone in anybody's body!

In the end, Little Mac is a great boxer. Whether it be Glass Joe, King Hippo, Bald Bull, or even Donkey Kong or Mike Tyson, Little Mac is able to come out on top no matter how great the odds are against him.

“Haha! Whoo hoo! Yeah!”


Alright, the combatants are set! Let's end this debate once and for all.

IT’S TIME FOR AN EQUESTRIAN DEATH BATTLE!


In his training room, Little Mac was shadow boxing inside the ring when he heard someone step inside the ring. He turned to see a large red earth pony with a blond mane, wearing a yoke around his neck. Big Macintosh.

“Nope,” Big Mac said as he stepped forward. Both Macs took up a battle stance.

FIGHT!

Big Macintosh didn’t waste any time and charged at Little Mac. Right as Big Mac reached him, he skidded to a halt, turned himself around, and attempted to buck Little Mac in the face. Little Mac, however, ducked under the kick before it could even hit him.

When Big Mac turned back around, a green boxing glove hit him right in the face as Little Mac’s punch connected right to his face, making Big Mac reel back quite a bit. Little Mac then pushed forward and punched again with his other hand, then again with his first hand, then again with his other one. Between them Little Mac landed six hits, each one sending Big Macintosh reeling back even more.

Right as Little Mac threw a seventh punch, however, Big Mac ducked under it and headbutted Little Mac right in his stomach. Little Mac stepped back a bit while holding his gut, not seeing the twin hooves of Big Macintosh flying out at him. Both connected right into his face.

The impact of Big Mac’s buck sent Little Mac flying back into the ropes, upon which he bounced off the ropes and right into another buck to the face. With the second buck, Little Mac fell back, landing on the mat. Despite being dazed, the young boxer reached over and grabbed bottom rope, then the second rope, then finally the third as he slowly pull himself back onto his feet.

Seeing this, Big Mac went it for another buck, but Little Mac managed to evade it by moving to the left and quickly jabbed Big Mac in his side. Big Mac let out a small wheeze in pain as he turned around and stepped back. After a quick recovery, he blew some air out of his nostrils in anger.

Big Mac then suddenly charged forward at full speed. Little Mac didn’t have any time to react at all as Big Mac quickly turned and bucked him with enough force to send him flying straight out of the ring.

Little Mac landed on the hard floor of the gym, coughing in severe pain. At this point, he knew for certain that this was serious and that he couldn’t hold anything back. With a grunt, he prepared himself...

Back inside the boxing ring, Big Mac just stood there watching Little Mac, wondering to himself if he would even get up. Right then without warning, Little Mac suddenly hopped back to his feet and jumped back in the ring. However, he was taller than he had been previously and was much more muscular than before. He was also clearly much angrier, if the look on his face indicated anything. And on top of it all, his black tank top was gone.

Little Mac had become Giga Mac.

If Big Macintosh had been surprised by this in any way, he certainly didn’t show it. Giga Mac, for his part, didn’t waste any time as he threw his gloved fish down at Big Mac, but he dodged to the side just in time. Giga Mac then quickly threw another punch with his other fist and hit Big Mac right in his abdomen.

Big Mac felt an immense wave of pain of flow through him as he was sent flying back into the ropes just like he had done with Little Mac before. Unlike Little Mac, though, he didn’t bounce off them. Bic Mac just landed on his hooves holding his stomach. If the pain in his abdomen told him anything, it was that Little Mac’s new form wasn’t just for show.

Giga Mac then brought both fist up into the air. Big Mac, seeing this, got back up and rushed him. Again as he reached him, he skidded to a halt, turned himself around once again, and bucked Giga Mac right in the chest.

The moment Big Mac’s buck connected to Giga Mac’s chest, Big Mac noticed him reel back in pain. Clearly he could still hurt him. Big Mac took advantage of this and bucked him in the chest again, and again, and again. After the fourth buck however, Giga Mac jumped back and threw another punch, hitting Big Macintosh square in the back of his head. The resulting impact knocked him down onto the mat right on his face.

It took a moment for Big Mac to get back up onto his feet. When he did, he saw that Giga Mac was suddenly Little Mac again. Even his tank top was back somehow. Little Mac’s face was all bruised, with one eye being so swollen it was partially shut. Despite this, he still held a look of determination. Gritting his teeth, Little Mac punched Big Mac in the side of the head before he even had a chance to react.

Big Macintosh tried to turn around and buck him in the face again, but Little Mac hit him with another strong jab to the face before he could. At that, Big Macintosh backed up to one of the corners of the ring before he suddenly charged forward.

Little Mac just stood his ground and waited for Big Mac to get closer. Right as Big Mac was about to reach him, Little Mac took a step back, drew him fist down, then suddenly brought it back up for a powerful uppercut.

The star punch connected with Big Mac’s jaw as the impact twisted his head sideways and made a loud cracking sound. Big Macintosh was sent backwards through the air, with apples flying everywhere for some reason. After a few moments of slow motion, Big Mac and said apples all landed on the ring mat.

Little Mac just stood where he was, out of breath, before wiping sweat from his forehead and turning to go rest.

K.O.


Well, that was certainly a hard-fought battle, but now Little Mac faces an even tougher challenge: explaining to Doc Louis why there's a giant dead pony in the ring!

Big Macintosh is certainly a powerful competitor, and this battle was extremely close. However, enough factors pushed the battle into the littler Mac's favour.

While Big Mac had more power, Little Mac had more speed, but that alone wasn't enough for either of ‘em, even when Little Mac became Giga Mac. Sure, he was more powerful, but he was also slower, so if anything, Giga Mac made the battle more even.

In the end, Little Mac had to rely on his signature move, the star punch, which has both strength and speed behind it; more than enough to completely break the neck of a pony even as sturdy as Big Macintosh. So it was enough to get the job done.

Now we know what some of you might be thinking: how can this guy possibly be able to withstand Big Mac’s kicks when Big Mac can crack trees in half with just his right leg?

Little Mac has fought, and could survive a hit from, Donkey Kong. As seen in Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong can punch a moon out of orbit. Now, assuming that the Mushroom World’s moon is the same size as Earth’s moon, and that Donkey Kong was hitting Little Mac at full force, that means that Little Mac can survive a hit of 3.8 x 10^28 joules. Which is, obviously, way more than it would take to knock away a crowd of ponies or move a house.

Big Mac may be strong, but in the end, he just got punched-out!

The winner is Little Mac.


Next time on DEATH BATTLE: Equestria:

Before the tournament began, we had a battle between the three main antagonists of the series: Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Queen Chrysalis. The winner was Nightmare Moon, and the plan for her to battle another character was scrapped.

But now, over a year later, perhaps it's time for her to return to the battlefield...now that another demonic creature of the night has been declared "canon" in Equestria. A background event many missed, now taking on the Queen of the Night...

Don't look, or it takes you.


Got a suggestion for an Equestrian Death Battle? Post a comment below suggesting matchups, or send me a PM with suggestions in it!

You may suggest OC characters, provided they are from a story or other fan creation that is at least somewhat well-known.

Please do not suggest matchups that have already happened. You may suggest individual characters to appear in matches against a different opponent than one they have fought previously, but suggestions like those are less likely to be used (unless I REALLY like the idea).

Author's Note:

This battle was not written by me. It was done by KenSES64, whom you may know as the guy behind the OC tournament now along with RazortheAwesome. I merely edited this chapter in a spellcheck way and added one or two jokes, as well as the "next battle" preview. So give those two some love!

PreviousChapters Next