• Published 7th May 2012
  • 19,521 Views, 322 Comments

Ponypuff Girls - Leo Archon



Lauren Faust's two biggest girls shows meet! Everpony wins!

  • ...
23
 322
 19,521

Chapter 2: Introductions, Part 2

Chapter 2:

Introductions, Part 2

Laughter could be heard from within Carousel Boutique. Two unicorns were looking over a few pieces of paper, occasionally switching out which one they were currently viewing.

"I must say, Blossom, it's so refreshing to meet somepony with a keen eye for design. Most ponies in Ponyville think I'm too stuck-up due to my fixation on fashion," Rarity said between chuckles.

"Well, I've never had that problem," Blossom replied. "My friends just had a habit of making dolls and such out of my mane and tail." She realized that calling Bubbles and Buttercup her relatives would be unwise, since none of them looked alike anymore. As she thought about them, a particular incident relating to them crossed her mind, souring her expression. "You know, one time when they were cleaning up after that, they ended up almost shearing off all of my mane?"

Rarity gasped, horrified. "How could your friends be so cruel? To ruin a perfect mane like yours should be a crime!"

Blossom rolled her eyes. "Buttercup decided the best way to untangle a knot was to pull. Hard. She ended up ripping that part of my mane out by the roots. Then she and Bubbles decided to… 'cover it up' by cutting the rest of my mane off. I was mad when I found out what happened… not to mention embarrassed when I realized the whole town could see me, and was laughing."

"And with good reason!" Rarity said with a nod. "This 'Buttercup' should really have known better. Does she not care for her own mane?"

"Not really," Blossom said with a grin. "It's so untidy… makes me cringe sometimes."

"Sounds like my friend Rainbow Dash," the white mare commented.

Both of them were somewhat startled as the door to the Boutique opened, admitting a much younger white unicorn with curly purple-and-pink hair. "Hey, Rarity, I just thought you should know – "

"Sweetie Belle!" scolded Rarity, interrupting the younger unicorn. "I'm currently working with a guest! You should have at least knocked before entering so casually!"

Sweetie Belle winced. "I'm sorry, big sister," she said. She then turned to Blossom. "Sorry for interrupting your business, miss."

Blossom couldn't help but be amazed at the filly's voice. It was soft, almost musical. And the look of wide-eyed innocence on her face was precious as well. So much so that Blossom wanted to make it up to her. "Oh, I don't mind. To be honest, Rarity kind of dragged me in here after knocking me into a mud hole."

Sweetie Belle's eyebrow arched, and she looked at Rarity, who had the good grace to blush. Then the younger unicorn rolled her eyes. "Ah, so she decided to apologize by way of a makeover?"

As Blossom nodded, Rarity pouted. "Am I that predictable?" the fashionista asked.

"Well, yeah," replied Sweetie Belle. "That, and she's wearing one of your ensembles right now."

Blossom and Rarity blinked, and looked at what the pink unicorn was wearing. She had apparently forgotten to remove the ruby-lined frilly vest after introducing herself to Rarity. Blossom chuckled nervously. "Eh-heh, I'll just get this off, shall I?" She used her telekin – magic, she mentally corrected herself – to undo the zipper on the back, and slipped out of the vest gracefully. Holding the vest in the air with her magic, she asked, "Um, where should I put this?"

"Allow me, dear," Rarity said, taking hold of the vest with her own magic. She set it off to the side, in a neatly folded pile of other clothes. "Now, then, Sweetie Belle, what was it you were saying?"

Sweetie Belle blinked. "Huh? Oh, yeah! I ran into Spike on the way home from school. He wanted me to tell you there were some new fashion magazines available at the library."

Rarity's eyes sparkled a little at the mention of the magazines, but before she could say anything else, Blossom beat her to the punch. "The library! Oh, no, I completely forgot that I was supposed to be going there! Ugh, Bubbles and Buttercup will never let me live this down if they go there to find me, and I'm not there!"

She probably would have continued in this vein for a while, but Rarity cut in. "Easy, there, Blossom! I'm going there myself right now, so hopefully we can arrive before your friends show up. Nothing to worry about at all."

Blossom sighed in relief. "Thanks, Rarity. It's nice to have *ahack* somepony to show me around." The cough had come out as a result of strangling the word 'somebody'. Blossom was determined not to draw attention to herself by using strange vocabulary.

"Goodness, are you alright, Blossom? That sounded like it hurt," Rarity said, concerned.

"I'm fine," Blossom replied. "You know how it is. Sometimes things happen that you can't explain, right?"

Rarity nodded. "You do have a point." She lifted a pair of white saddlebags out of a box to the side, securing them around her middle with her magic. "Shall we be off to the library, then?"

Blossom nodded, and turned to Sweetie Belle. "It was nice meeting you, Sweetie Belle."

"You too, Miss Blossom!" replied the filly. "And don't worry, Rarity, I'll hold down the fort while you're at the library."

"Thank you, dear," Rarity said with a smile. "I'll be back in a jiffy."

The two older unicorns left, Sweetie Belle closing the door behind them.

"So…" Blossom began as they walked through the town. "She's rather nice, isn't she?"

"Oh, Sweetie Belle?" asked Rarity. "Yes, she's simply darling. She's also quite prone to driving me to distraction, and even frustration at times. I love her to death, and yet sometimes I wonder how on Equestria I've put up with her for so long."

"Ah, the joys of siblings," Blossom said knowingly.

This earned her a strange look from Rarity. "You have siblings of your own?"

Blossom mentally cursed at her slip-up, while quickly spinning a plausible cover story. "Well, not siblings by blood, but Bubbles and Buttercup have been with me all my life. All three of us are orphans. We were taken in and raised by the same pony. We're about as close as sisters."

"Oh, dear," Rarity said. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything."

Blossom waved her off. "It's okay. I don't even remember my birth parents. It's just been Bubbles, Buttercup, the Professor, and myself, for about as long as I can remember. At least, until the three of us were struck by wanderlust."

Rarity smiled. "Well, you certainly picked a fine town to wander into. Ponyville's ponies are about the friendliest in all Equestria." She looked like she wanted to say more, but then glanced upward. "Oh! We're here!"

Blossom looked up as well. They had arrived at the hollowed-out tree's door, and the pink unicorn could clearly see the sign of a book off to the side. "This is the library?"

"Yes, indeed!" Rarity said with a nod. "Ponyville's Books and Branches library, run by my good friend, Twilight Sparkle. She's very bookish, but also very levelheaded."

As she opened the door, both unicorns' ears were assaulted by a shout. "SPIKE! I thought you said you were over that cold!"

"I am! It was the dust on the book's cover! At least I didn't hit the book this time, right?"

Blossom and Rarity looked at each other, then poked their heads inside. They could see a lavender-hued unicorn with a slate-blue mane currently scolding – Blossom had to blink to make sure her eyes were working correctly – a purple baby dragon. The reason for the scolding became obvious, as the smell of burning wood reached their noses.

"Twilight! What happened?" asked Rarity, stepping inside.

"Spike happened! He told me he was over that little head cold he had last week!" The lavender mare spun to face Rarity, her violet irises shrinking to pinpricks.

"I just said it was the dust on the book!" whined the dragon, in a petulant young boy's voice.

Blossom focused on the source of the smell. A small wooden table had caught fire; if what Twilight and Spike were saying was any indication, Spike had sneezed flames hot enough to ignite the dry wood.

Rarity also noticed. "Twilight, shouldn't you focus less on scolding dear Spike and more on extinguishing the fire?"

"I would, but our fire extinguisher is jammed, and I don't know any spells that can suppress flames!" Twilight said in a panic.

Before either of them could continue, Blossom began channeling her magic. A blue ray shot out from her horn, freezing the flames solid. The display silenced both older unicorns, as well as Spike.

Blossom admired her handiwork for a moment, then looked at Twilight. "If your fire extinguisher is jammed, you should get it replaced," she said seriously. "Especially if you plan on keeping a dragon in a library made out of wood."

Twilight had a dumbfounded look on her face. Not that I blame her, Blossom thought. On the one hand – er, hoof, she's probably glad that the damage was limited to the surface of the table. On the other, she's just been scolded by a unicorn at least five years her junior. That's got to be embarrassing.

Rarity broke the awkward silence. "Ahem. Twilight? This is Blossom, a newcomer to Ponyville. Blossom, this is Twilight Sparkle, the manager of this library, and her assistant Spike."

Twilight shook her head a little, and offered a hoof. "Pleased to meet you, Blossom," she said with a smile.

"Likewise," Blossom replied, shaking the hoof with her own. She then walked over, and offered a hoof to Spike, who shook it with both of his small hands.

Rarity, meanwhile, had walked over to the frozen flames. "Remarkable… I've never seen anything so detailed. You actually froze the flames themselves, rather than simply freezing the table. That must be some incredibly advanced magic."

Twilight walked over as well. "No kidding. This is something even I haven't read about."

Spike looked over at the librarian, astonished. "A spell you don't know about? That's a first."

"Oh, hush," Twilight replied with narrowed eyes. "I may be a powerful magician, but even I don't know every spell that exists." She turned to face Blossom. "So where'd you learn this one?"

Think quick, Blossom thought. "Well… back home, there was one day where it was really hot. And I mean unbearably hot. My dear friends and I were just laying around, trying not to move. It didn't help much. I finally just thought to myself, 'if only there were a way I could cool this place down'. Then, to my utter shock, that blue ray just shot out of my horn, freezing a nearby tree. That was when I realized that I could use that particular spell. And it's always been easy for me."

Spike whistled. "So that's why your cutie mark is a snowflake, rather than a flower of some kind."

Blossom blinked, and looked at the dragon, then followed his gaze to her flank. For the first time, she noticed the design of a very ornate white snowflake against the pink of her body. Deciding to go along with it, she replied, "Yes, that's it exactly."

"My goodness, your friends must have been relieved. If things were as hot as you said, knowing that their friend could produce ice would be a welcome relief," Rarity said.

Twilight, however, had a frown upon her face. "Still, why would the local pegasus ponies let things get that hot in the first place? Surely they would have arranged for a rain shower or two to cool things off before they got that far."

Blossom hadn't anticipated this. Pegasus ponies can apparently manipulate the weather. I'll be sure to mention that to Bubbles next time that I see her.

Before she could formulate a suitable reply, Rarity intervened. "Twilight, not every town has a dedicated weather team. To be honest, Ponyville's rather lucky for a frontier town in that respect. Blossom probably lived out somewhere where few pegasi go, and so they had to take what they could get from passing pegasi."

Seizing on Rarity's thread of thought, Blossom nodded. "My friend Bubbles was about the only pegasus that actually lived out there. It's a very small town, mostly earth ponies."

Twilight slowly nodded. "I guess that makes sense. One pegasus can't manage an entire town by herself. At least, I assume this 'Bubbles' is a mare?"

Blossom nodded back. "Both of my friends are mares. And they both came with me here to Ponyville."

Twilight shared a look with Rarity. "I don't suppose she's met Pinkie Pie yet, has she?" the librarian asked.

Rarity shook her head. "I believe I was the first pony she ran into… literally."

"Well, it's only a matter of time before Pinkie learns about them," Spike said, shuddering a bit. "Three new ponies… I'm having trouble picturing how big this one's gonna be."

Blossom blinked. "Uh, what are you three talking about?"

Rarity smiled. "One of our other friends, Pinkie Pie, is prone to throwing parties for every new pony that comes to Ponyville. And with three new ponies to welcome, she might go a little over the top."

"Seriously? She throws a party for every new pony? What for?" Blossom had trouble wrapping her head around the concept. Parties, she was familiar with. It was throwing a party for such a trivial reason that baffled her.

Twilight just shrugged. "It's who she is. She's determined to spread happiness, and parties are her means of doing so."

Blossom paused to absorb this. So this Pinkie Pie makes a living out of making others happy? Strange concept… and Bubbles helped out the Mayor and Ms. Bellum with celebrations back home… She suddenly shuddered, catching the others' attention.

"Blossom? Are you alright?" Rarity asked, concerned.

"I'll be fine," Blossom insisted. "I'm just a bit worried about Bubbles meeting this Pinkie Pie. Bubbles is a bit of a party pony herself."

Twilight and Rarity exchanged another look, this one of worry. "It couldn't be that bad… could it?" asked Twilight.

Spike groaned. "Twilight, you shouldn't have said that!"

-----

A pair of pegasi were busy laughing at something one of them had said, coming close to falling off of the cloud they were lounging on.

"… And, and then, if you can believe it, he rips off the uniform, and it was the criminal from before! He'd posed as somepony else just to get at the oat pail! And right when he's finishing up, he found the diamond at the bottom of the pail! In plain view of everypony!" Bubbles choked out in her mirth. She'd made some adjustments to the story to better fit in here in Equestria.

Rainbow Dash howled, beating a hoof against the cloud. "Wow, talk about a dumb criminal! He put so much effort into trying to get that pail, and when he finally gets it, he completely forgets why he was after it in the first place!" She wiped a tear from her eye. "Whew. You've had a crazy life, haven't you, Bubbles?"

"Yep, pretty crazy," Bubbles agreed, still chuckling.

Before they could continue, a voice floated up to them. "Hey, most awesome pony in Equestria!"

The two poked their heads over the edge of the cloud, looking down at the source of the voice. It was a young pegasus filly, younger than Bubbles. Colored orange, with a purple mane and tail, she was looking up at Rainbow Dash with stars in her eyes.

"Well, if it isn't my number one fan!" Rainbow said, jumping down from the cloud. "Come on, Bubbles, introduce yourself!"

Bubbles followed Rainbow's lead, landing next to the filly. "Hi! I'm Bubbles. What's your name?" she asked, holding out a hoof to the orange pegasus.

"I'm Scootaloo!" the younger pegasus responded. "I heard you and Rainbow Dash laughing. What were you laughing at?"

"Just a funny story Bubbles was telling me," Rainbow said, drawing the filly's attention again. "So, squirt, what do you need?"

Scootaloo smiled. "Well, I was over at Fluttershy's cottage just now, and she asked me to ask you when you were planning on delivering the cloud cake. And to tell you to take your time, that it's no trouble."

Rainbow blinked, then slapped a forehoof to her face. "Oh, horseapples, I completely forgot!" She took off in a rainbow streak, heading up into the sky.

Bubbles followed her with her eyes for a bit, then looked back at Scootaloo, who still had a bit of a star-struck look. Giggling a little, she reached over with a hoof and closed the filly's mouth. "You don't want to catch flies, you know."

Scootaloo flushed. "Sorry." She then took a closer look at Bubbles. "So how'd you meet the awesome Rainbow Dash?"

"She nearly flew into me," Bubbles said matter-of-factly.

Scootaloo nodded. She knew that Rainbow, despite her awesomeness, had a slight tendancy towards clumsiness. Then she blinked. "Wait, nearly?"

"Yeah, I got out of the way in time," Bubbles nodded. "I think that impressed her."

Scootaloo's eyes widened. "Wow. Most pegasi end up sucking cloud right along with her. How much warning did you have?"

Bubbles put a hoof to her chin. "About… two seconds."

The younger pegasus whistled. "No wonder Rainbow Dash was impressed. Being able to avoid her with so little warning is no easy thing."

At this point, the object of their discussion came swooping back down, a white box sitting in a basket that was strapped to her back. "Okay, I got the cloud cake. Say, Bubbles, you wanna come meet Fluttershy? I get the feeling you two will get along great!"

Bubbles nodded. "Sure! I'm always looking to make new friends." She lifted off into a hover, pausing to wave goodbye to the filly. "See you later, Scootaloo!"

"Sure thing, Bubbles!" Scootaloo called back with a wave of her own.

The two older pegasi soared off, Rainbow in the lead. She flew at a more sedate pace this time, probably so the box on her back wasn't put under any strain. Bubbles didn't complain, as it gave her more time to enjoy the scenery.

"This place is a lot more scenic than my hometown," she called to Rainbow.

"Yeah, Ponyville's kinda rural, but that's part of its charm," Rainbow replied. "I've been managing the weather here for a few years now, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"Really? But… didn't you say you wanted to join the Wonderbolts?" Bubbles asked, to hide her surprise at the comment regarding the weather. So, the weather here is managed by the ponies?

"Well, yeah," Rainbow said, slowing down a bit. "But the Wonderbolts have a full roster right now. I'm just practicing so that when a spot opens up, I can impress them. I keep telling everypony that I'll be joining them in no time, but I know it doesn't work that way." She offered a smirk to Bubbles. "Despite what some of my friends think, I'm not just a hot-blooded idiot."

Bubbles didn't say anything more, as Rainbow began descending. Bubbles followed, noting that they'd come to a cottage on the edge of a forest. It was the same dark forest that she and her sisters had come out of earlier that day. The cottage wasn't right next to the forest, but still close enough that Bubbles wondered how she hadn't seen it before.

Rainbow and Bubbles landed, as another pony walked out to greet them. It was another pegasus, this one colored butter-yellow. A wavy pink mane hid her right eye from view, but her left was visible, showing a cyan color. For a moment, she looked nervous, but on seeing Rainbow, she smiled.

"Oh, there you are, Rainbow," she said in a soft voice that Bubbles had a little trouble picking up without her super hearing. "I was beginning to get a little worried, but I know that you were probably practicing. And I know how you get when you're practicing."

"Yeah, sorry, Fluttershy," Rainbow said, rubbing a hoof behind her head in a bashful manner. "It totally slipped my mind until Scoots told me you were waiting for this." She turned her head around, grasping the box's handles in her teeth, and held it out to Fluttershy, who took it, and stepped inside the cottage. Rainbow followed, as did Bubbles after a moment.

The inside of the cottage was rather simple. There were no ornate decorations anywhere. Bubbles did note, however, that there were an abundance of bird cages and mouse holes. She saw Fluttershy set the box down on a table, and open it. Sniffing a bit, the yellow pegaus smiled.

"Ah… there's nothing quite like Cloudsdale cloud cake, is there, Rainbow?" Fluttershy asked.

Taking a sniff of her own, Rainbow grinned. "Not really… but you won't catch me saying that around Applejack."

The two chuckled a little, and it was then that Fluttershy finally noticed Bubbles. "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there," she said, her initial nervousness returning.

Bubbles shook her head, offering a warm smile. "Don't worry about it. I didn't want to interrupt two friends. I'm Bubbles," she said, offering a hoof.

Fluttershy blinked, but then smiled back. "Nice to meet you, Bubbles," she replied, shaking the offered hoof with her own. "I don't think I've seen you in Ponyville before. Are you new?"

"That's right. Rainbow here was the first pony I ran into… almost literally."

"Literally…?" Fluttershy began, then rounded on Rainbow. "Did you fly into her?" she asked accusingly.

"No!" Rainbow said quickly. "She got out of the way. Didn't you hear her? She said 'almost'."

"Oh," Fluttershy replied, lowering her head a little. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay," Bubbles said. "Rainbow was pretty impressed."

Further conversation was cut off as a white rabbit bounded up to Fluttershy, tapping its foot impatiently. "Oh, Angel Bunny! I'm sorry, I'll get you a carrot right away!" Fluttershy began to turn towards her pantry, but Angel hopped in front of her, shaking his head. "Oh, what's wrong, Angel Bunny? You haven't eaten much all week. Do you not like carrots anymore?" The rabbit shook his head again, chittering away. "Well, why aren't you eating them, then?"

"He's saying that the carrots you have are stale." Rabbit and pegasus turned to look at Bubbles, who had a completely serious expression on her face.

Fluttershy then turned back to the pantry, and pulled out a carrot. Nibbling a little on the end, she gagged. "Goodness, they are stale! Oh, Angel Bunny, I'm sorry! I'll go to town right away and get you some fresh ones. Is that alright?" The rabbit nodded slowly, still staring at Bubbles.

Rainbow was likewise staring at the younger pegasus. "Okay, how'd you know what Angel said? Nopony aside from Fluttershy can understand animals, and even she has problems sometimes."

Bubbles shrugged. "It's a gift of mine," she said. "I can literally understand and speak to every living creature under the sun. From the crawling ant to the great birds of prey, there's not a one I can't talk to."

Fluttershy and Rainbow exchanged surprised glances. "Wow. That's pretty impressive, Bubbles," Fluttershy said. "I'm able to communicate with animals on a deeper level than most ponies, but outright speaking to them is something else."

Rainbow was looking at Bubbles's flank. "You know, that answers one question I had. I kept wondering what your cutie mark represented, but now I know. Several circles, each one within another. Its a representation of sound waves!"

Bubbles and Fluttershy followed Rainbow's look. Sure enough, on Bubbles's flank was a series of five circles, each one set within another, larger one. The blond pegasus nodded. "That's it exactly, sound waves. Not only can I speak to any living creature, I've also got better hearing than most pegasi."

"I guess you'd have to, to understand what an ant's saying," Fluttershy said, fixing a pair of saddlebags to her midsection. "Well, I'd better get those carrots for Angel Bunny. He can be rather insistant when it comes to getting fed."

"We might as well come along," Rainbow said. "I mean, since Bubbles is new in town, she's going to have to meet Pinkie eventually."

"Oh, that's right," Fluttershy agreed. "I wonder how this one will turn out? Hopefully it will be surprising, but not startling."

Bubbles, despite her confusion, decided to follow the two other pegasi. I like surprises, after all!

-----

"Dangit, Applejack!" groaned Buttercup. "You couldn't have hitched me up before running off?"

Buttercup had been trying, for the past ten minutes, to harness herself to the wagon. This was made difficult by the fact that she didn't have any hands to grip the harness with. Add that to her unfamiliarity with her new body, and her temper was beginning to flare up.

"Ugh!" She stepped away from the wagon. "Should I just get behind this thing and push? Because I think that's easier than trying to hitch myself up without help!"

"Did mah big sister rope you into helpin' out?" a high-pitched southern voice asked.

Buttercup turned to look at the speaker. It was a younger earth pony with bright red hair, a matching bow, and a yellow coat. Orange eyes looked at her curiously.

"Depends. Is your big sister named Applejack?" Buttercup asked. When the younger pony nodded, she sighed. "Yeah, she asked me to pull the wagon, but didn't bother - "

"Hitchin' ya up, ah heard ya complainin'," interrupted the younger pony. "Don' worry, ah'll take care o' that fer ya! Jus' get back in place, and ah'll take care of it."

Buttercup obliged after a moment, stepping back into place in the harness. The filly proceeded to wrap the straps around her with a combination of her hooves and her mouth, pulling them tight. Buttercup was impressed, as she was ready to go in seconds.

"Thar ya go, all set!" said the filly. She then hopped up onto the wagon. "By the way, mah name's Applebloom. What's yers?"

"I'm Buttercup," the older pony said. "Thanks for helping me, kid." She began to walk down the path to the farm's entrance, following the road… and keeping an eye out for errant rocks.

"So, how'd mah big sister convince ya ta help out?" asked Applebloom.

"Eh, call it repaying a favor. I was kinda down in the dumps earlier, and she helped me out of it," Buttercup explained. "Helping pull this cart is the least I can do to repay her."

"Yep, sounds like mah sister," Applebloom nodded. "Say, how come yer cutie mark's a black ribbon? Looks kinda girly, but ya don't seem very girly ta me."

Buttercup looked back at Applebloom, then where the filly was looking. She cocked her head as she looked at the black ribbon that seemed to be part of her coat on her flank. Wait, she thought as she looked closer, that's not a ribbon. That's…

"That's a black belt, kid," she said with pride. "Not a ribbon. It shows that when it comes to martial arts, I'm the best there is."

Applebloom's eyes widened. "Golly! Yer a real martial-artist pony? Ah tried gettin' mah cutie mark in karate, but that didn' turn out so good."

Buttercup chuckled. "Well, not everypony can do everything, kid. You'll find your place eventually." She turned back to the road, grateful that it was a rather straight path.

Eventually, they got into the town proper, Applebloom directing Buttercup to where the stand usually was. As they approached, Buttercup saw Applejack, along with a bouncing pink earth pony with an equally pink curly mane. Buttercup cringed at the sight; that was way too much pink in one place. Still, Applejack needed these apples. Sighing, she called out, "Hey, Applejack!"

Both older earth ponies looked over, and Applejack grinned. "There ya are, Buttercup. Ah was beginnin' to wonder what was holdin' ya up."

Applebloom rolled her eyes. "Maybe she'da been here sooner if somepony had bothered ta hitch her up to the wagon before runnin' off to Ponyville!"

Applejack blinked, then blushed. "Whoops. Sorry, sugarcube. Forgot that not everypony was raised on a farm."

Buttercup sighed as Applebloom undid the harness. "No big deal. Just consider this my way of saying thanks for helping me through my depression earlier."

"Aw, that's so sweet!" the pink pony said, in a high-pitched voice that reminded Buttercup of Bubbles on a sugar-high. "AJ, you didn't tell me you helped somepony out earlier! That's supposed to be my job!"

Applejack grinned at the pink pony. "Sorry, Pinkie Pie, but ah was there, and you weren't. If ya were, ah'd have asked ya what you were doin' in the middle of mah orchard."

Pinkie Pie grinned back. "Oh, it's okay, AJ!" With a sudden movement, she was in Buttercup's face, causing the younger pony to recoil. "So, you're name's Buttercup, huh? I'm Pinkie Pie, the premier party pony of Ponyville! And since I know everypony in Ponyville, and I don't know you, that must mean – " She let out a huge gasp. " – you're new! And a new pony means it's time for a PARTY!"

Buttercup's first impression of Pinkie Pie was that she'd consumed way too much sugar. But she found the pink pony's attitude kind of charming, similar to Bubbles. Still, she had to ask a question, so she stomped down on Pinkie Pie's tail before the older pony could run off. "Say, you throw a party for every new pony in Ponyville, Pinkie?"

Pinkie nodded happily. "Uh-huh! But you gotta let me go, or I'm not going to be able to set the party up for you!"

Buttercup grinned. "I know, but I just wanted to tell you that I actually came to town with a couple of friends, Blossom and Bubbles. So, you may want to make this party a little bigger than usual."

"THREE NEW PONIES?!" the pink pony exclaimed, nearly deafening the others. "I've got to get moving! This is going to require all the stops!" With a truly tremendous pull, she yanked her tail out from under Buttercup's hoof, and ran off at high speed.

Buttercup shook her head to stop it ringing. "Just how much sugar does that pony eat?"

Applejack tapped her ear a couple of times before answering. "She's an employee at Sugar Cube Corner, the local bakery. You tell me."

Buttercup cringed. "I'd rather not, actually."

Comments ( 263 )

This party is going to be BIBLICAL :pinkiehappy:

558241
I did see what you did there dood....:ajbemused:

558455

Really? Because I didn't...:derpyderp1:

558509
Did you know that" This party is going to be BIBLICAL" is almost the same quote from the movie Law Abiding Citizen were the villan/ victim says " This is going to be Biblical".

558530

Nnope:eeyup:

I've never seen that movie. I just used the term "Biblical" as an expression for Huge or Epic

558540
Mmmmh concidence?

Oh dear lord. I want to see this.

I'm under the assumption that the reason Pinkie Pie can outrace even Dash is because he consumes so much suger that her molecules have accelerated to the point were a second to her is an hour to everyone else.

Like when FDry drank 300 cups of coffee in Futurama.

Blossom and Buttercup must get Twilight and Bubbles mixed up all the time. What with them sounding so similar and all.

Enjoying the story so far, you've got a thumbs up from me.

dl.dropbox.com/u/61806890/Captions/RD%20Seal%20of%20Approval.png

Cannot wait to see the party. :pinkiehappy:
This story = awesome.:twilightsmile:

Keeping a good eye on this one. :twilightsmile:

560349 Oh, trust me, they'll have their share of problems.

As for Bubbles keeping pace with Rainbow Dash... I remember an episode where the PPG broke the lightspeed barrier. Bubbles knows she's faster than Rainbow, but she's letting the older pegasus keep her pride.

560362

Ah thanks for clarifying, and the reassurance. I wonder how dash will react when she see's just how crazy fast Bubbles is. (Might wanna mention that they've got Chemical X at that point?) Oh and also... no cutie marks right? Wonder if the CMC will be getting three new members and the PPG/PPF (powerpuff filles) might get three fast new freinds. Hehe! Onto the next chapter!

Bleargh! Threw up too many rainbows of awesomeness! This is not only adorable, but it's very well written, the dialogue is fabulous, and the cutie marks? Genius! This is just entirely too fitting, and henceforth, I shall assume you're secretly Lauren Faust mingling with the bronies. Faved, liked, moustached, and most violently watched!

5/5 :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

560386 Ahem. Read Chapter 2 carefully. I gave the PPG cutie marks.

560417
Ah, just read it! loving it so far, and I just finished the last chapter.

Just a few gripes though... aren't the PPG's in like kindergarten/grade school? You've listed their age as 12 and I'm not sure about that.

More Importantly though, while it's cool to have them show off thier powers to Mane six, it... kinda feels like you're obviously placing them as superior to the Mane 6. Even if it's not explicit, it feels like the story is shouting: Buttercup is a better applebucker than Applejack, Bubbles is a better flyer than rainbowdash and can speak with animals better than fluttershy, and Blossom is better prepared and better at magic than Twilight. (Seriously? After living with spike for years in a BIGGER library, raising him from an egg, She doesn't know a single anti-fire spell?)
What I'm trying to say is, while the powerpuffs are awesome, I'm worried that you might downplay the abilities, and WORSE, the representation of the Mane 6 in comparison to the PPGs.

I don't mean to seem rude, but I've seen that happen with far, far to many crossovers. I just don't want to see it happen here. It's a little too early to tell now though, and you're keeping the freindly spirit of MLP so far, and that's a plus!
Hope you get something useul out of my comments, and I can't wait to read more.

560550 This story takes place YEARS after the PPG cartoon. So, the Girls are older now.

And worry not, I'm going to do my best to have both sides equally impressed with each other.

560561
It's not just impressed I'm worried about, it's equal representation throughout your story. Still, to early to know for sure. Thanks for reading my comments.

I totally saw this coming. But who says thats a bad thing?

Excellent, can't wait for more!

561379 And how, pray tell, were they supposed to test either of those? They were in a small forest clearing, and as for damage resistance, the only feasible option would be to have Buttercup smack the other two around, or Blossom blast them with her heat ray. They're sisters, they're not going to hurt each other without a darn good reason.

This was actually my first foray into MLP fanfiction. I wrote the beginnings of this long before ... lol wut (in you description)

561494 What? It's a legit word. It means this was the first time I wrote something pony-related.

Seriously, did you not pay attention in English class? :trollestia: I kid, I kid.

561522 Lol nop thats why I failed (mainly couse of ponies) ok then I guess that clears that up lol :coolphoto:

561665 Patience, young pony, and all shall be revealed. :trollestia:

Seriously. I'm going to weave some of the backstory for the PPG into future chapters.

the most epic pic ever done about the PPG's turned into PONIES
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/?comic_id=231:rainbowkiss::yay:

561396
They could have done it like Leeroy Jenkins.:flutterrage: It would have tested both powers.

561677 That's... pretty awesome, actually. Too bad it wasn't real. Then again, PPGD is significantly darker than the actual show itself.

Still, I like my choices for the Girls' breeds better.

A commendable fic. I was kind of expecting it to go more along the lines of the ppg end up saving the day across Equestria but if they are going to be hanging round the mane 6 thats cool to. Its your fic so don't let us ruin it.

Also here is my prediction.
At the party Bubbles hears something in the forest and uses here better vision to find a hydra headed for town. She tells the the others who discuss it since they arn't 100% but decide to go save the town, maybe Buttercup runs ahead and the others follow. Anyway they save the day, likely with Buttercup saving Applebloom from being crushed by using super strength.

After saving town Twilight, who already became somewhat suspicious during the party, tells Celestia, and by extension Luna, who meet the ppg and decide they should reside in Ponyville with the mane 6 to get better acquainted with being a pony, or finding a way home.

After reading your fic this is the storyline I pictured for about 90 minutes afterward. You wrote so well the story has continued in my head, thank you good sir.

Also while the ppg seem overly strong they are still superheroes, their powers are just a bit different. you couldn't stay true to them and have them not be overpowered in some way, I mean come on they were established as the fastest and strongest heroes in the show.

He-he-hell no... I hate Powerpuff/Ponypuff C****. Ya mad?

It's better than most Fallout and Mass Effect crossovers.

I know you meant for this to take years later after the initial show, but this causes a lot of the characterization to be very off. I was just waiting for Bubbles to freak out at seeing such adorable ponies and immediately abandon the girls to talk to any of them, but her affection for all things cute seems to be severely downplayed her.

However, that's mainly what disappointing me about this story, you made them older for some inexplicable reason. It just ends up making them boring. The great part of the original show was that they were little girls, heck, it would of had a lot of potential if they made from with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, since so many fans have already compared themselves to them.

Eh, I'm not saying it's bad, but it seems like a waste of a good premise.

This is so epic that I give you rainbow kiss.
:rainbowkiss:
And an E-hug.
It's 20% cooler than a normal hug.

Overall, nice work. Your writing's a bit stilted in places (the cutie mark reveals, especially), but I'm definitely enjoying this.

557495 You got it right!

wait, didn't Lauren Frast got involved in the production of the powerpuff girls?:applejackconfused::derpyderp2::derpyderp1::derpytongue2:

I really want ponyfied Mrs Bellum now... And Mojo-Jojo in Equstria!

Interesting. However, some of the characterization is a bit weird. The girls are adopting to their situation way too quickly. I have only semi-vague memories of PPG, but I doubt that Buttercup would so easily fall into depression or let it show.

It was nice but I have to much to read as it is. I love da PPG but I'll have this in my read later and I'll catch up on the updates when I'm done with the other stories. :twilightsmile:

*sees featured box*
Aha! It took 1 day to get there eh?

Buttercup you need to meet RD.

564299

You're right.

BIg Mac is still the most adorable pony.

Login or register to comment