• Published 23rd Feb 2015
  • 11,567 Views, 668 Comments

Celestia - Arad



There are many secrets that Celestia would prefer nopony ever know...

  • ...
29
 668
 11,567

Let Me Tell You A Story...

“...and that was when--” the gray-coated and white-maned unicorn in a security guard uniform stopped mid-sentence and turned back to the child that was following behind him. “Is something wrong? I do hope I’m not boring you with my little story.”

The child shifted his stance, but quickly shook his head. “No, sir! It’s just that it feels like we’ve been walking for hours. Could we maybe take a break?”

The unicorn tilted his head to the side to consider the point before nodding. “I suppose that’s not too unreasonable a request, and we are at a good place for an intermission.” The unicorn’s horn flashed and a bar stool appeared beside the child. Despite its horridly bent legs, the stool didn’t wobble for a moment as the child took the hint and hopped up onto it. Once the child was comfortable, he continued, “Now then, how about a different story while you rest your legs? Do you know the story of Hearth’s Warming Eve?”

A skeptical look entered the child’s face. “Of course I have, I don’t know if there’s anyone who hasn’t.”

“Do you really know the story?” the guard asked with a note of surprise.

“Yeah.”

“Do you really know the story?” the guard asked again.

“I’ve heard what the exchange students told me at school…”

“Do you reeeeaaaaaaa--” the guard started to ask again, but a flat look from the child stopped him. “What are the basics of the story you know? The three pony tribes didn’t get along, which brought the wrath of the Windigos and the winter upon them, then the Windigos were defeated only when the three tribes discovered the fires of friendship shortly thereafter, correct?”

“That’s right, yeah,” came the instant reply.

“Mhm,” the unicorn nodded. “Do you know anything about Queen Solaria?”

“No, sir,” the child answered with less certainty.

“Well then! This story starts with the illustrious Queen Solaria, and the day she made peace with the dragons…”