• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 9,636 Views, 774 Comments

Warframe: Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



Karn, is one of the oldest Tenno to still live. But is betrayed by one of the newer Tenno, Greavus. His ship was damaged during his chase for Greavus, but ended up crash landing on Equestria.

  • ...
35
 774
 9,636

Chapter 12: Unexpected Visitor

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

Once Rainbow returned to her body, I get into my Vauban Warframe and we fly back to town in the Orbiter.

We land behind the Library where Rainbow gets off still with a grin on her face.

"So what did Rainbow and ya do exactly?" the orange one asks me.

"She had her first test with a rifle. By the way, what's your name? I don't think you or any of the others told me," I ask her.

"Oh, mah name's Applejack," she says holding out her right foreleg. "Pleasure to finally talk ta ya."

I grip her hoof and give a light shake. "Likewise. Would you like to try that lecta? We can see if you can try to use it without hands," I offer her.

"Err, sure," she replies with a raised brow.

I grab the lecta and we both exit the Orbiter. "Here's how it works. You hold the grip and pull the trigger here to extend it, release the trigger to retract it," I tell her and demonstrate. I swing the whip and pull the trigger making the tip fling out and discharge at the end of the swing. I release the trigger and it reels back in. She might be able to pull the trigger since there's no trigger guard.

I hold it out for her and she wraps her hoof around it. She squeezes it tightly and the head of the whip falls to the grass. She hums and starts swinging it around like a lasso. She then flicks it forward and is rewarded with an electrical thwiping sound. She then returns to twirling it over her head.

"Ah guess ah can use it, but not the way ya jus' showed me," she tells me.

"Hmmm, we'll just have to wait and get you your own Warframe so you can use it properly," I reply. "Ordis, how's the Dojo coming along?" I ask him.

"Ahead of schedule, Operator. The Clan Hall, Reactor, and the Oracle with ten Somatic Links have been completed. Work on the Tenno Lab is at eighty percent," he replies.

"How did you build them so fast?" I ask confused.

"I halted fabrication of the Thrusters and built more Construction Drones to speed up the process. You did say time is short," he tells me.

"Good call. How's our resources?"

"Low, I've sent the Extractors back out to collect more Ferrite, Gallium, and Rubedo. I have also started making more polymer bundles with other base materials, but we'll have to search the other planets to see if they have other resources we can use," he says.

"Alright, let me know when the Lab is completed. We can make the others warframes all at once then. Also, remind me to find that wrecked Extractor later today," I tell him.

"Yes, Operator."

"Who ya talkin' to?" Applejack asks with a confused expression.

"Ordis. He's the Orbiter's A.I," I reply.

"An' what's a A.I?"

"A.I stands for artificial intelligence. He's a program designed to think for itself and he also controls all the functions on the Orbiter. Right now he is the one building the Dojo while I'm here," I tell her.

"Wait. Ya mean ta tell me that yer kind can create life?" she asks.

"In a sense. He thinks and even feels emotions somewhat, therefore he's alive," I reply as I look to the others. The white one has gotten used to the Glaive and Kunai. Pinkie is swinging that hammer around like it was an extension of herself and big red is swinging that axe with long, slow but powerful swipes.

"What's his name?" I ask Applejack.

"Oh, he's mah brother Macintosh, but everypony just calls him Big Mac," she tells me.

"And who's the white one?" I ask.

"That's Rarity," she says.

"Alright, we'll do proper introductions later," I tell her. I whistle out to get they're attention. "I'll be taking the weapons back for now until you're suited up, but until then, just go back to your homes and get ready for some intense training," I yell out.

"Awwww, can't I keep it?" Pinkie says with a pout and big sad eyes. I am a Tenno and such tactics don't work on me.

"No. Not until you're a fully fledged Tenno," I say flatly.

"Fiiiiiiiiiiine," she says and hands the hammer over where Mac and Rarity hand theirs over as well. I take them back inside the Orbiter and put them away.

POV: Chrysalis / Location: Equus - Everfree Forest - Infested Hive

I almost have enough magic to break free from this parasite.

'Why do you continue to resist? All shall become one,' the disgusting plague says.

For the last few hours I've felt my body twisting and reshaping from what ever this thing is doing to me.

But it was all worth the wait, as I now have the magic I need. So I begin to channel the magic through my body.

'What are you doing? Resistance is futile,' it tells me.

'Resist this!' I yell at it as I unleash my magic and turn my body into a mist like substance in a burst of green magical fire. The parasite falls to the floor screeching and the voice is gone from my head. I quickly head through the emergency tunnels leading to the surface and collapse them behind me.

I make it out and turn back into my normal form where I'm panting hard as my magic is almost gone. My hive and all my children are gone. I've got no choice now... I'll have to ask the ponies for... help.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

I put the weapons back into my armoury and check on the thruster's current progress, still a long while before it's ready.

I'll also show them all that hive exterminating mission later once they've gotten used to a Warframe. "Karn, can ah have a word with ya?" I hear Applejack ask me from the door.

I turn to her and head back outside. "What do you need?" I reply.

"Me and mah brother are the only two on the farm to harvest the apples and crops. When we do this training thing, there'll be no pony to do the harvesting," she tells me.

"And what do you want me to do about it? I don't know much about farming besides the aeroponics labs," I say.

"Rainbow says that you have some harvesters that can do it for us."

"You mean the Titan Extractors?" I ask.

"If that's what they're called. She said you might lend me a few for the farm while me an' Mac help you fight this virus," she replies.

"Oh, if that's all then sure. I can lend you three of them and make some more," I tell her.

"Thank ya kindly. Ah was worried that ya wouldn't fer a second there."

"It's no problem at all, Applejack. We Tenno look out for each other," I tell her.

I then turn to look at the others. I spot Fluttershy and remember that I told her she could have her own Kubrow. "Fluttershy! Want to start hatching your own Kubrow?" I yell over to her.

She instantly perks up and runs over to me. "Oh yes please!" she says eagerly with a large smile.

We head inside the Orbiter and to the Incubator pod. Nightshade then wags his tail seeing Fluttershy.

"Nightshade, I'll be using your pod to hatch a Kubrow for Fluttershy," I tell him off-handily. He doesn't care as he sits next to the yellow pony.

I push a few buttons and the pod closes. A few seconds later it re-opens with a Kubrow egg sitting on a pillar.

"This is a Kubrow egg?" Fluttershy asks with fascination.

"Yeah, I had it in stasis so it wouldn't die," I reply.

I press a few more buttons and the pod closes and the radiators start warming the egg. "It'll hatch within two or three days. You can use that time to think of a name for it," I tell her.

"Okay, thank you," she replies.

"Can you let Nightshade stay with you while the egg incubates? He kinda doesn't have a bed anymore," I ask her.

"Oh, I would be happy to look after him," she says with a smile.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Two hours Later - Equestrian Plains - Inside the Orbiter

After the others left and Nightshade went with Fluttershy, I called back three extractors and reprogrammed them to harvest apples and crops. I brought them over to Applejack's farm and watched as they digitised the ripe apples from the trees. This startled Applejack and Macintosh at first, but I explained that they're simply stored in the extractors hard-drives for collection later. I even told them that while digitised the apples and crops won't spoil.

Twilight's lizard assistant Spike was also here with those three little children playing some games. The kids were shocked when they saw Applejack and Macintosh earlier when they got back from the park. They asked so many questions... even one where they wanted to be Tenno as well, but the others and I told them no.

With Applejack's help, I told Spike where Twilight was and he headed back to the Library. I then showed Applejack and Macintosh on how to operate the extractors and left them to it.

Now I'm in my Orbiter getting the foundry to make three more extractors to gather more resources.

"Operator, the Tenno Lab will be ready in eight hours, twenty-two minutes and seventeen seconds," Ordis informs me.

"Okay, once the Lab is done, get started on a large barracks. I get the feeling we'll be needing more Tenno then we have at the moment," I order him. "Hopefully we can get reinforcements once we get communications back online."

"As you wish, Operator... Warning, Insectoid creature detected at the forest's edge," Ordis replies and then warns me.

I quickly get up and switch to my Rhino Warframe before heading to the armoury. I get my Galatine and Soma and place them on my back, I also get my Heat Dagger and Lex as well.

I exit the ship and head towards the waypoint marker.

I reach the border and aim at the forest with my soma. After a few seconds I recognise the leader of the bugs that attacked the pony capital step out of the tree line.

Its eyes widen when it sees me and it lifts its hooves into the air while slightly scowling at me.

Is it surrendering? Some noise behind it makes it gasp and turn around. A large group of infested insects charges towards the large bug causing the big insect to panic and fly towards me with fear in its eyes.

I aim for the infected and start firing as five rounds find their home in each infected insect. After a few seconds, they're all down and I look around for more.

The big bug is cowering behind me looking towards the forest. I quickly turn to it, place my left hand above it and before it could react I capture it by digitising it into my prison hard-drive while it screams from the process.

I believe Celestia would like to have a word with this bug.