• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 17,714 Views, 1,174 Comments

Clueless in Equestria - David Silver



A middle aged human ends up in Equestria dropped in the middle of nowhere. He wanders into town and quickly discovers pony folk are kind folk. Maybe there's a life to be made here.

  • ...
73
 1,174
 17,714

18 - Manehattan BipedCON III

Bon Bon now stood in the room, looking around at Lyra, Rough and David. She huffed softly, "Lyra, really. These nice gentlecolts have business to do and don't have time to play along with your wild fantasies."

Rough waved a hoof, "Actually, I'm sold out." He giggled a little, "I've never been sold out completely before, and on the first day!"

Lyra leaned in towards Bon Bon, "See, Bonnie? It's as if destiny itself were calling out to us! Please! Be my Honesty!"

Bon Bon raised a hoof and placed her face against it a moment before she heaved a loud sigh and looked back to Lyra, "Lyra, have I told you that you're crazy?"

"Only twice today," replied Lyra, almost bouncing in place.

Bon Bon booped her on the nose with a light tap of a hoof, "You are laughter." Lyra opened her mouth to object and Bon Bon booped her again, "No buts. If you want me to play Honesty, you are Laughter."

"Fine..." said Lyra with a soft pout.

David shrugged gently, "Well, welcome aboard, though I guess we're missing a Magic now. Speaking of that, how good are you at magic, Lyra?"

Lyra grinned as her horn began to glow soft yellow. With a pop, a large lyre appeared and began to play soothing music.

David rolled a hand, "That's good, really, but that's your special talent, right?"

Lyra bobbed her head, "First trick I learned besides moving things."

Rough picked up where David was going and pointed at her, "So what else can you do, outside your talent?"

Lyra wagged her tail and looked thoughtful, "I never went to school for it..." She suddenly locked eyes with David, a habit she was rapidly forming.

A pain unlike any he had ever felt before exploded through his body. He tried to scream but little more than a choked gasp escaped before he fell over and it all went dark. When he came to, the others were gathered around him. Rough suddenly tackled him at the first sign of movement, "Thank Celestia!"

"What happened?" asked David as he returned the hug and paused. His arms felt funny. He crossed his eyes to see a snout jutting out of his face. "Shit, you made me a pony." David scrambled to his hooves and looked himself over. As predicted, he looked a lot like Rough Draft. They could easily have passed for brothers. Overwhelmed with curiosity, the former human began looking himself over from top to bottom, "Tell me this is a thing that wears off."

Lyra shuffled in place awkwardly before Bon Bon struck her on the side of her head, "Tell him."

Lyra squeaked and glared at Bon Bon before rubbing her forehooves together, "Well... I don't know. I just wanted to cast a spell and show you what I could do and... ta da?"

David rolled onto his back and pedaled his hooves in the air, "It feels like my fingers are all curled up and won't unclench." He twitched an ear at Lyra, just hearing her through his curiosity, "Lyra. Seriously, Lyra. Come on, that wasn't cool."

Lyra moved up to David and rubbed her muzzle against his gently, "If it helps, you're a handsome pony."

Rough snickered softly, "He better be, he's me, mostly." Rough reached out and met David's flailing hoof with one of his own. "But really, Lyra, fix him."

Lyra shook her head, "I don't even know how I did it in the first place!"

David huffed out in a loud equine snort, then burst into a bit of a chuckle, "Oh god I sound weird." He rolled back onto his belly, then rose up onto his hind legs, wobbling a little. He thrust his hips forward, forcing them a little painfully into proper standing position and starting to amble around, "This isn't... that bad."

Lyra clapped her hooves together, "So you're not mad at me?"

David softly bonked Lyra on the head, "I am furious, but also delighted. If you can fix it, then I'll thank you, otherwise you're not off to a good start, Laughter."

Bon Bon rolled her eyes, "Magic my flank." She narrowed her eyes at Lyra, "You will fix him or you're sleeping on the couch forever. And don't even start getting ideas about turning ponies into humans."

Lyra suddenly began clapping her forehooves together, "That's a--" Rough jumped at her, pinning her to the ground before she could finish the thought, "Hey! Come on! Guys!"

David shrugged, "Well, let's, oh," He poked at his clothes, still wearing them, if pinching in places and baggy in others. "These fit a lot better than I would have guessed. Anyway, probably for the best. A pony walking around on hinds probably... shows off too much."

Rough snorted at that, "Right, so what's the plan then?" He looked down to the still pinned Lyra, "Ah. We should get you to the closest library so you can figure out how to fix this. The Humanway players are going to be very upset if a pony shows up tomorrow instead of a human, and we'll be sure to tell them who to thank for the human's disappearance." Lyra flinched at that before nodding her head quickly.

Everypony was soon on their hooves. David reached for the handle, but his hooves just slid off of it on the first attempt. He brought the two together and trapped the handle between them, slowly turning it and nudging the door open. Triumphant with his victory over the door, his tail began to wag eagerly, which felt odd and new. David pushed the door aside and let the others pass as he peeked at his own rump and the twitching limb there.

They escaped the convention hotel without too much incident. Twilight and her friends were grumbling about something in the lobby, but there was no time to go say hello to them, and the others were in no rush to engage them, so David walked on past them and onto the street. The four ponies looked around a moment as David asked, "Do any of you know where the libraries are?"

Other ponies looked at David a bit oddly on their way past. There was little reason for him to be reared up as he was, but there he was, just standing there like it was normal. "Stupid biped lovers," muttered one horse as they trotted past, snout high in the air.

David peered at the retreating form of the pony before bursting into a loud but short laugh, "Oh god, you guys have those? They're like furry haters on backwards."

Bon Bon tilted her head quizzically, "Furry haters? They hate... fur?"

David waved an arm at her, trying to gesture but his fingers remained trapped in that hard hoof of his, "No, It's complicated, but some humans love the idea of animals that walk and talk, you know, like ponies. And other humans think they're weird for lots of reasons."

Bon Bon glanced sidelong at Lyra, "I know that feeling." She bumped into Lyra from the side, "But she's my weird biped lover."

Lyra greeted the affection with a rub of her own before she moved away, approaching a random Manehattanite and chatting with her. She soon returned and pointed up the road, "Library's about four blocks thataway."

Despite David's best attempts, eventually the little aches and pains of forcing his new quadruped form to walk along bipedally became too annoying. He fell forward onto his new hooves and stretched out, working out the kinks that had formed in awkward motions.

Lyra giggled at him, nudging him forward, "That was some pretty good biped walking there, champ. You could have a chance of winning the stand off."

"Stand off?" asked David before it clicked, "They have contests for standing and walking?"

Rough nodded, "I never went to one myself, but yea. Every biped convention has at least one."

David asked as they trotted together down the sidewalk, "And what would happen if I showed up to that as a human?"

Bon Bon answered first, "You'd be asked to stand aside. Dragons, minotaurs, and, presumably, humans, are not allowed. That's cheating."

Avoiding speeding carts, they crossed the road and were that much closer to the library. Suddenly David lost a shoe. He stopped and looked back at the sad black shoe, having fallen off the hoof that was no longer anywhere the right shape to hold it on. He quickly trotted back to it, losing the other shoe. His socks at least fit well enough, coming up to his ankle easily.

Bon Bon advanced, collecting the shoes in her mouth and stuffing them into her saddlebags. "I have it."

David nodded with a warm blush and turned to resume their approach. Lyra snickered softly, sneaking glances at David over and over again. "What?" he asked.

"You only have two socks," she pointed out, "That's so weird."

David shook his head, but didn't argue the fact. The walk gave him plenty of time to consider his new form. He felt the play of alien muscles moving in harmony to propel him forward as he let the body carry him as it was meant to. He felt bigger in some places, smaller in others, and put together just enough differently as to be very noticeable with every step. But he was still David, with all his doubts and curiosities.

He glanced over at his companions, feeling that brotherly kinship towards Rough Draft, then a tinge of shame. Why did he feel closer to this pony than he did his real brother? He thought back to his twin, skinnier than he was, always asking for ideas and money, mostly money, sometimes tech support. He was loud, rude, and knew nothing of what David did, for fun or work. He claimed to love David dearly, but it didn't show in most of his actions.

Rough bumped against David gently, "You OK?"

David nodded, forcing a strained smile, "Just thinking." He moved his gaze onwards to Lyra and felt an uncomfortable sensation. He wanted her. She was... insane, but he could see even more clearly as a pony that she had all the right parts in the right places. He pushed those thoughts deep and out of the way. Trying to get intimate with people just invited pain and awkwardness. He didn't know how to handle a woman, or a mare. She'd find someone better than him easily. He should keep his mind on things he could actually do. Turning back into a human seemed like a good first step. Always one step at a time.

He looked towards Bon Bon next. She put off a different vibe than Lyra. She had her head on straight, was healthy, and straight laced. She would likely make a less sanity damaging mate, if he thought such was possible without screwing it all up, though she would also be a more mundane one. His thoughts wandered off, imagining the home life of Lyra and Bon Bon and the friction they must share on a daily basis. They hadn't come apart by this point, they must have just gotten used to the alien personalities of the other.

With his thoughts thoroughly distracting him, he bumped into Rough from behind. "Sorry," he muttered, glancing up. They had arrived at the library.

Author's Note:

Oh no! Lyra!

Wild unicorn spells are known to occasionally scramble letters.