• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 6,313 Views, 219 Comments

If I Could Catch Fuzz In a Bottle - shortskirtsandexplosions



While enjoying Movie Night out with the girls, Twilight Sparkle discovers what it feels like to snuggle somepony. She then makes the logical next step: attempting to distill cuddles into portable, consumable form. For science, of course.

  • ...
25
 219
 6,313

Phase Three

"Oh, is it my turn now?" Fluttershy liquidly purred, pawing forward one dainty hoof after another. She shook her head once, fuzzy ears twitching. "Thank you, Twilight. That is rather... nice."

"Yeah, well, be easy, girl," Rainbow muttered. She gave her hoof a lick and used it to brush back her Pinkie-fluffled mane. "I'm surprised I can still stand after all that—

WHUMP!

"—!!!" Rainbow's eyes shot wide as she felt Fluttershy's whole body draped against her backside. She looked down to see a pair of yellow wingfeathers encircling her, then glanced over her shoulder.

Fluttershy smiled drunkenly into Rainbow's muzzle. "Snkkkt-Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..."

"Uhhhhhhhhh..." Rainbow Dash tried to fidget, but she couldn't move an inch. It was though her entire body was being sealed up in soft, silky, vanilla cement. "'Hi' yourself... Fl-Flutters."

"Yes, darling..." Rarity cooed. "Thatta girl."

Spike tapped his chin, staring at the monitor once again. Rainbow's heartbeat had picked up, but it was nothing compared to the dramatic pulses of yellow light ripping across the electric screen.

"Say, Fluttershy...?" Spike squinted across the library. "You feeling alright?"

"Mmmmmm..." Fluttershy wriggled her nose until her chin formed a perfect curve with the nape of Rainbow's neck. "Never better." She tilted her head up and stroke-stroke-stroked her cheek deeper and deeper into Rainbow's prismatic follicles. "You know, Rainbow Dash, one thing I love more than anything is taking care itty bitty baby birdies." Her warm breath wafted off the twitching edges of Rainbow's ears. "Would you like to be my baby birdy?"

"Uhhh... raincheck on that, Fluttershy." Writhing deep in Fluttershy's wing embrace, she turned her head gnashed her teeth. "Twilight, what the buck?!"

"Just patience, Rainbow..." Twilight stared steadily at the bottle. The cap was red-hot, and the pinkness inside the glass container was practically boiling. Mist rose from the library's wooden floor as a great heat resonated from the vial, curling the edges of everypony's coat hairs. "This is all... all for science." The unicorn's violet eyes positively swirled.

"Eeeyup..." Applejack sat down, fiddling with her long blonde tail as her tongue collected saliva in the corner of her orange mouth. "Nice... down-home... mother-lurvin'... science..."

"Whoahhhhhhhhh..." Pinkie Pie side-stepped through the group. Her pupils had shrunk to tiny blue pinpricks as she teetered left and right with a bright grin. "Have any of you guys ever noticed just how heavy your eyeballs are?" She twitched, smiling wider, if that was even possible. "And that your ears can collect air? I bet mine could fly me all the way to Planet Rainbow Dash!"

"Yes..." Rarity cooed, rolling over and rubbing her cheek against random furniture. "...I have always... always wanted to spend an extended vacation on the Rainbow Dash cruise!"

"Chuuuuuu..." Fluttershy was just inches away from nibbling on Rainbow's ear. "...Rainbowcus Deliciouscus... my favorite kind of critter fritter..."

"Rainbow glazed..." Applejack's eyes rolled back. "...Just like Granny used to make... nnghh... mmm... make love..." She giggled towards the ceiling. "Heehee—Shazam!"

"Twilight...?" Spike rushed over to the unicorn's tail, desperately yanking on the violet appendage. "Twilight! For real! Snap out of it!"

"But..." Twilight cooed, eyes swirling faster and faster as she bore a drooling smile. "...it's the scariest part of the movie. Who else is gonna catch me...?"

"The heck are you talking about?! Movie?!" Spike poked and prodded her muzzle. "Twilight, can you hear me?! You gotta call off the experiment! Something's super-duper wrong!"

"...so... cold..." Twilight's eyes watered along the edges. "...here at night... with only my... my..."

"Hey!" Rainbow barked, wrestling with Fluttershy's loving limbs. "Egghead! Listen to the comedy relief guy for once!"

Twilight shook her snout, eyes blinking straight. "Huh... wh-what?" She made a face at the scene. "Fluttershy?! Girls, what are you—?" At the sound of a rattling noise, she turned to look at the burning pink jar. "Oh my Celestia!"

The bottle violently vibrated from within its restraints. The metal legs of the pedestal holding the container up began to buckle.

"That's what I was trying to tell you!" Spike sputtered.

"But... b-but...!" Twilight bit the edge of her hoof, staring worriedly at the black monitor behind her. The screen was full of multicolored lines, all brighter than Rainbow's mane and billowing just as wildly. "When did this happen?!"

"I dunno!" Spike exclaimed. "But I don't think we should risk going to Phase Four!"

Rarity crawled forward, purring melodically: "Did somepony say Phase Fourrrr?"

Rainbow's ears drooped. "... ... ...Oh no."