• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 1,905 Views, 9 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: The Emerald Blade - The Soviet Turtle



In the world of Equestria. Princess Celestia senses dark forces and brings the bearers to Canterlot. Once they arrive, Nightmare Moon reveals herself and tells them she will drown Equestria in Darkness. but can a Dragon keyblade Wielder stop her?

  • ...
5
 9
 1,905

Dive to heart/Mysterious Tower

Spike began to wake.

He felt. Like he was falling.

Falling.

Falling.

Falling…








Spike fell, and fell and fell.

Until he landed on something.

He stood on his feet as he looked around. Nothing, nothing but darkness.

What is this place?

He took a step, and then things went weird.

A blinding light appeared at his feet, he tried to look at it but he shielded his eyes because it was so bright.

Once the light dimmed down he was shocked to see pigeons flying around him. He looked up in front of him as the pigeons flied off into the darkness.

He then looked at his feet and was shocked as what was below him.

He was standing on what seemed to be a circular glass picture. On the outside it had circles that had multiple people he had meet or knew. Big Mac, Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Luna, Celestia, Cadance, Shining Armour. It also had things he used or cherished. A gem, the crystal heart, a scroll. But in the top of the inner circle it had a huge circle with six circles, one for each of the elements. The background had a picture of Twilight’s new castle in Ponyville, but what was the biggest factor of the picture. Was himself.

It was him, looking asleep, holding onto the strange weapon he used in Ponyville before.

Why am I in this picture? And why is everyone else in it as well?

Do not be afraid.

Spike instantly jumped up, he looked around to where the voice had come from. He tried to talk, but nothing came out. He grasped he throat as he tried to talk.

What’s going on? Why can’t I talk!?

Your shadow is small.

Spike let go as he began to look curious.

Who are you?

But it can grow. If you walk into the light.

Spike saw a light shine down onto the ground in front of him.

Go ahead. Don’t be afraid.

Spike looked up questionably before he decided to walk into the light. As he did, the voice talked again.

Your shadow has grown. But don’t be afraid.

Spike felt the ground rumble as he saw stone pillars pop up with a beam of light shining down on them. Three popped up, and one by one, weapons appeared out of light.

The first was a stick that looked like a mage stick, but on top was an orb that looked like the ying yang symbol but had the night sky with the moon and the blue sky with the sun.

The next was a huge sword with a picture on the handle that looked like that of the one of the mage stick.

The last was a huge shield with blue outlining it and the inner colour was black. The shield had a huge picture of the symbol on it.

Choose wisely.

Don’t be afraid.

Why does he keep saying that?

Spike decided to go and grab the sword. Just then the voice spoke again.

This sword gives you strength. The power of a warrior. Invincible courage. A sword of terrible destruction. Is this your choice?

Spike looked at the sword. From what the voice said. This looks like something he could use to fight. But he then eyed the shield. He thought the sword was a good choice, something appealing to give him strength. But something inside of him was telling him to choose the shield. He place the sword down and walked over to the shield. He grabbed it and looked at the shield and its details.

This shield gives you defence. The power of the guardian. Kindness to aid friends. A shield to repel all. Is this your choice?

Spike’s mind was telling him to choose the sword. But he looked up and nodded. The shield suddenly disappeared into light.

You have chosen the power of the guardian. Are you happy with your choice?

Spike looked up and nodded once more.

Then let your hidden power take form.

The two remaining weapons disappeared as did the pillars. Spike walked into the middle again as the strange key from the island popped into his hand.

You wield the ultimate weapon.

He saw those same creatures from the island start to surround him. he quickly got into his defence stance he was taught and looked around to see which one of them would jump first.

Don’t be afraid.

Spike acted quick as he swayed and hit the creatures. Swatting them into nothing. He defeated all the creatures before he saw a beam of light shine down onto one of the outer circles. Out of nowhere a chest spawned. The chest itself was red with gold outlines and a clear lock can be seen on it.

Spike looked at the key before he walked over to the chest. He looked at the key before he tapped the box. Surprisingly the box opened and he found a bottle with a strange liquid inside. He grabbed it before putting it in one of his pockets.

The light then began to shine over the edge. As it ended, glass pictures began to form a trail to what seemed to be a pillar taller then what Spike was currently on.

Spike decided to press on as he walked on the floating glass. He made his way to the next pillar, which had a small background change from the previous pillar.

He saw a beam of light and began to walk towards it. He looked up at the beam but saw nothing but darkness.

Be careful.

The closer you get to the light. The larger your shadow grows.

Spike looked back and indeed his shadow had grown, it seemed to stretch out along to the end of the pillar.

The shadow seemed to come to life as it formed out of the ground. Spike jumped back, he lost all colour in his face as the shadow began to grow and become more deformed.

Do not be afraid.

Spike began to walk back as it continued to grow.

Do not be scared.

Spike decided to try and run for it. But he came to the edge and nearly fell off. He got his footing before looking at something that seemed to haunt and terrify him.

And never forget.

A huge dragon. Coloured with darkness and yellow glowing eyes looking down on Spike.

You hold the mightiest weapon of all.

Spike gripped the weapon as he waited for the dragon to make the first move. The dragon seemed to reach down as an orb slowly grew in its hand. Spike charged and slashed the hand. The dragon lifted his hand up high before slamming it down. Spike managed to dodge the hand before he jumped and began to run up the arm.

Spike jumped it the air and spun around. He hit the dragon in the face with his spinning attack before he landed on the ground again. He noticed the dragon get on his knees before he pushed his chest out and darkness started to shot out of it.

Spike saw the dragons arm laying out a path for him, and quickly jumped on the hand, not without slashing it, and ran up the arm again. He was able to slash the back of the dragons head several times before he saw an orb coming for him. He quickly held his weapon up to defend against the orb. It hit his weapon before it faded.

Spike felt his feet loss touch as the dragon began to rose again and throw Spike off. Spike landed on the ground before he dodged the dragons attack with its tail. Spike quickly reacted and jumped up in the air, slashing the dragons hand constantly.

Spike jumped back to see the dragon raise his hand again. Spike got ready to jump but instead of slamming in the ground, the hand was reaching for him. Spike hit the hand away with his weapon but was grabbed by the dragons other hand.

Spike tried to escape the dragons grasp but was flung high into the air. He was thrown up high as the dragon below started to create a ball of darkness. Spike began to fall as he saw the dragon hold the ball of darkness up, waiting for Spike. But Spike got his balance back and threw his strange weapon at the darkness. The weapon spun around until it caused a huge explosion.

Spike continued to fall. He expected that now he would break some bones or his back with his speed and course. But amazingly, he just bounced back up on his back before landing. He got himself up as he say the dragon flat on its stomach. It look alive but it wasn’t moving.
Spike wasted no time as he grabbed his weapon and began to attack the dragons head. He attacked and slashed until the dragon began to wake. The dragon raised himself up as Spike jumped backwards.

But when Spike landed, his weapon seemed to vanish in his hands. He looked in shock before he jumped back onto his back, dodging another attack. Spike felt like he was sinking. He looked to see himself being encased in darkness and sink into a pool of darkness that had spawned. He struggled to escape but he slowly sunk more and more. He looked up to see the dragon looking down on him with no expression.

Spike reach up in the air for help, but his hand began to be covered by the darkness and his own vision began to darken until he saw and felt nothing.


Spike groaned. He felt soft grass against the side of his face. He began to open his eyes as he saw himself laying on the grass. He slowly got to his feet as he looked around.

“Where am I now?”

He found himself in the most unusual of places. He seemed to be on a floating piece of land, surrounded by orange clouds that illuminated the ground. He saw the peaks of grass covered mountains pop through the clouds and the sky was covered in stars and the night sky. The piece of land he was standing on had a few bushes but had one main feature. A huge tower. The tower itself seemed to bend as it got taller and taller. Its paint was that of a cream colour and the multiple roof’s where coloured dark blue.

Spike saw the staircase and double doors that led to the entrance of this ‘mysterious tower’. He stretched himself to truly awaken before he walked towards the double doors. He casually pushed them open before seeing the interior. There was a small main lobby before a large staircase that seemed to lead up to the taller levels of the tower.

Spike started to walk up the long staircase.

The Very long staircase.

This staircase goes on forever doesn’t it?

Spike eventually made it to a door, which relieved him, glad he wasn’t trapped in a never ending staircase. He opened the door and entered the room.

The room itself was quite roomy. Spike saw a number of books and shelves all along the walls, the books being thicker than his arm. There was also several pots, a telescope and a chalkboard. There where holes in the walls that seemed to act like open windows. He saw some tall green double doors on the right of the room, and the main piece of the room.

A huge brown desk, a tall brown chair, and the old man sitting in said chair.

The man in question seemed to be of age, as he had a grand grey beard. He wore a large dark blue robe and a blue wizard’s hat with yellow stars adorning it.

The man had his eyes closed and his hands on his knees. Spike instantly stopped as he saw the wizard, and just stood still unsure what to do.

The wizard instantly drew his attention to Spike as his eyes opened and his head instantly turned to face the boy. Spike immediately jumped back, not knowing what this wizard would do.

“Well. It is not often I get visitors.” He said. His voice seemed to easily match that of a wise old man.

“Tell me. What is your name?” the wizard asked.

“Um...Spike, sir.”

“Hmm. Well then Spike, what ,pray tell, is your purpose here?” the wizard asked.

Spike began to think back as to why he was here. He looked around the room again and chuckled to himself.

This seems to be Twilight’s dream room.

That’s when Spike instantly remembered as to what happened to him.

“My home!? Ponyville!? Are my friend’s fine!? Are they safe!? What happened to them!?” Spike yelled out loud. The old wizard gestured with his hands to calm down, but Spike looked at the wizard as began to take deep breaths before he finally calmed down.

“Okay. I’m okay.” Spike said. He sighed before looking at the wizard.

“I don’t know sir. I was in my home when suddenly, these weird creatures attacked and then there was this huge ball of darkness and…I don’t know what happened after that.” Spike explained to the wizard. He stroked his beard as he listened to the tale.

“Hmm. It seems that your world has fallen to this new darkness. Your friends condition however… I am not sure.” The wizard stated. Now Spike was the one with the questions.

“What a minute, what ‘new darkness’? And just who are you?” Spike asked. The wizard smiled before once again speaking.

“I am Master Yen Sid. And I believe I can show you some of the answers you seek. However, I must ask you one more question.” The wizard explained.

“Yes?” Spike waited.

“You speak of dark creatures attacking your world. When these creatures attacked you, how did you fight them?” Yen sid asked.

Spike looked at his hand before he held it out in front of him. The strange weapon materializing in his hand. Yen Sid stared at the weapon before lowering his head in thought. He stayed like this for a while until he looks at Spike again.

“Young man. Are you aware of the weapon you carry?” Yen Sid asked.

Spike looked the weapon again before shaking his head.

“No, I have no idea.”

“Hmm…Then it seems you need to be taught of what power you hold.” Yen Sid said.

“Power?” Spike asked.

Yen Sid moved his hands about, as it looked like he was casting a spell. Spike looked in amazement as above his head. Bubbles began to appear which had what he guessed was different worlds or planets. They all seemed strange. One was a planet covered entirely in water, a huge ship above and a skull and crossbones with a red bandana.

Another was a huge pumpkin with what looked like a miniature black town on the bottom and a small snow coloured village on top.

The last was a planet covered entirely in light brown houses and a huge clock tower hovering over it, and a tram that seemed to constantly go around it.

“You may be surprised to know that your world is not the only one. There are many other worlds, and it is said that every star in the night sky is another world.” Yen Sid explained. He whisked his hand as the bubbles disappeared.

“These worlds were disconnected. Unaware of each other. But that all changed when the Heartless came.”

“Heartless?” Spike asked.

Yen Sid waved his left hand again, and a hologram spawned next to Spike. Spike jumped back as he saw the hologram was a
“Hey! Those were the things that attacked me!” Spike yelled. Yen Sid just nodded.

“The Heartless represent the darkness in people heart. Darkness made real. The Heartless seek out people and the darkness in their hearts, consuming their hearts, swallowing them into the darkness.”

“Not too long ago, a dark man tried to engulf all worlds in darkness. He used a sorcerous and her control over the Heartless in order to achieve this goal. He almost succeeded. But a young keyblade wielder and his friends stopped him, and helped restore the worlds.
But even though he restored the worlds. The Heartless still existed, but dwindled in number. And it seemed to worsen as I do not know where the young Keyblade Wielder or his friends are. I can only hope that they are alright.”

Spike listened to the tale, gripping on as Yen Sid got deeper and deeper into it. But what interested him most was this ‘keyblade’

“Keyblade?” Yen Sid turned the hologram of and pointed at the weapon in Spikes hand. Spike lifted the keyblade up and has a closer look at it.

“The keyblade. Its main purpose is to defend the door to the light. It is a peculiar weapon, as the keyblade chooses its master. Not the other way around.”

“Keyblade…” Spike continued to examine the giant key.

“The keyblade also has the power to lock and unlock anything. Any door or gate can be unlock. And, one of the most important factors, it can lock the keyhole.”

Spike stopped inspecting and looked up at Yen Sid.

“Keyhole?” Spike asked.

“The keyhole is the pathway to the heart of a world. The Heartless main search is for a world’s keyhole, so they can reach the heart. If the Heartless consume the world’s heart, then the world is consumed by the darkness.” Yen Sid explained.

“Is that what happened to my world? The Heartless found the keyhole?” Spike asked.

“I fear that if you are indeed from another world. Then the keyhole was indeed discovered.” Yen Sid told Spike. Spike began to look horrified and started to think about if his friends also made it out like he did.

“And your world may unfortunately be the first of many. As this new darkness has grown and reached over to many other worlds. These worlds where separated when the key wielder I talked about before defeated the darkness. But they seem to have constructed different pathways between each other. And these also seem to be locked.”

“…Where did this new darkness come from?” Spike asked.

“I believe that it may have originated in your world. If yours was the first to disappear and there are others at risk. I can only assume they started there.” Yen Sid explained to him.

Spike’s mind was in a wreck. His world was gone. His friend’s ether gone or somewhere far away. Everything he had known was seriously challenged by this new information. He always thought the princesses, the elements and the tree of harmony where the most powerful things in existence. But that was clearly not the case now. The heartless, this new darkness. The keyblade.

He began to question the weapon itself now. Why was he chosen? This keyblade seemed to be a pretty prestigious weapon. Dangerous and powerful. So why him? Twilight and the others seemed more suited to earn this privilege. Celestia and Luna should have their own, so why him? Why did this keyblade chose him?

His thoughts drifted onto thought of this ‘new darkness’. It had taken his world and was trying to take more. It had separated him from those he knew and loved. Ether they were gone or they had also been sent to other worlds. And if other worlds where being attacked. Others may have to suffer what he is going through. He looked at his keyblade once again. He realised he could save them. If he locks the keyhole in time. He’ll save them from what he’s feeling, and it wasn’t a pleasant feeling.

He looked up straight at Yen Sid.

“Sir. Is it possible for me to travel to these worlds?”

“It is indeed. It requires a special type of ship in order to travel from world to world. And I have discovered and brought one of these ships here. “ Yen Sid explained.

“Then, it is okay if I use it?” Spike asked.

“It shall depend on what you plan to use it for.”

“You said it yourself that the keyblade can lock the keyhole. And if this new darkness is already in other worlds, then that means they’re after the keyholes. If I go to these worlds, and lock the keyholes, I may be able to stop the darkness.” Spike explained. Yen Sid pondered before he looked back at Spike.

“Young man. Are you willing to go on this quest?”

“More than anything right now.”

“Then I will provide you with further information and transportation.” Yen Sid said. He waved his hand and Spike was greeted with a hologram of a different creature. It seemed to look like a white empty shell of someone.

“Now, if someone with a strong heart, whether they belong to the darkness or the light, become a heartless. They leave behind an empty shell. This shell begins to think and take on a will of its own. These shells do not actually exist, hence the name ‘Nobody’. Although these are nothing but shells destined to return to the darkness. They are a formidable foe.” Yen Sid explained. Spike studied the hologram before it disappeared and was replaced with something else. A person standing there wearing a black coat.

“The nobody you see in front of you, are a special type of nobodies. They join with others to form a powerful organization that controls the nobodies. They take on a form similar to their previous life, and wear these cloaks to hide themselves from the darkness. They will try to deceive you, to convince you they have hearts. Do not let them fool you.

They seem to be searching for something. Reaching for a goal. But I am yet to find out what this goal exactly is.” Yen Sid said as he swiped the hologram away. He then looked Spike dead in the eye and stood up tall.

“Young man. Will you still persist on your journey? Even with though you are now aware of these dangers?”

“Anything. If it means saving the world. And my friends. Then I’ll try anything.” Spike said proud. Yen Sid smiled and nodded.

“Then there is one final piece you will need.”

Spike heard the sound of engines as he looked outside to see a spaceship. It seemed to be mostly orange with tiny wings, cannons underneath and a glass dome on top for the pilot’s seats and controls. Spike ran to the window to look down on the ship.

“Whoa…”

“This is the gummi ship. The very same used by the other keyblade wielder on his journey to vanquish the darkness.” Yen Sid turned to look down at Spike.

“I am trusting you with a very delicate piece of equipment. Take extreme care as you use it.” Spike looked at the wise man and nodded with a smile.

“I will.”

“Hmm.” Yen Sid gave a grunt of approval before speaking one last time.

“Now. If and when you lock these keyholes, they should open new pathways which you can take you to new worlds. With every keyholes you lock, another path is waiting for you.”

“I believe I have told you all you need to know. Now you are ready to go on your journey. And I suspect the further you go, then you will unlock more of your potential.”

Spike nodded before he jumped out of the window and landed on the ship.

Yen Sid smiled as he saw the orange ship doing multiple barrel spins straight into the sky before the ship blinked into the stars.

Author's Note:

Looks like Spike is in for quite a journey. heartless, nobodies and keys, oh my.

Keep calm and tomahawk on.

Comments ( 9 )

sorry if i decide it on that, but am i right, that Spike here is probably the Keyblade user?
I don´t vote because of that, but i usually don´t like it, if the ponys, and Spike just have the roles of the Crossover Characters.
I usually prefer it, if there would be really some people from Kingdom Hearts, or other games/movies.

Just want to ask.

Maybe instead of having YouTube pop ups you could use links (The Chain icon) It keeps the text from being spaced out

Oh snap! Finally someone does this! I love it! :scootangel:

good start, aside from a few odd sentences here or there this is a good story but I have to agree with Windy swift while the music helped set up the scenes the pop-ups themselves are a bit distracting
just do something like (start music) and put a link in that text, other than that I await more

I really like this alot and is this story before kingdom hearts 1 but after birth by sleep?

Please update! This is too cool not too update, so please update soon.

Wished that this story was able to continue.
Wanted to know what happens next for Spike

Login or register to comment