• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 1,904 Views, 9 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: The Emerald Blade - The Soviet Turtle



In the world of Equestria. Princess Celestia senses dark forces and brings the bearers to Canterlot. Once they arrive, Nightmare Moon reveals herself and tells them she will drown Equestria in Darkness. but can a Dragon keyblade Wielder stop her?

  • ...
5
 9
 1,904

Equestria

Thinking of you wherever you are.

We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realise this wish. And who knows. Starting a new journey may not be so hard. Or maybe it’s already begun. There are many world, but they all share the same sky.

One Sky.
One Destiny.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The white walls of the limbo seem to go on for eternity. The pictures of illusions and dreams of many float around. Depicting the wishes and desires of people. In the middle of all these pictures, is a woman. She stands tall, wearing a crescent dress and blue shoes. He dress had a picture of the moon along the thigh. She had hair coloured like the night sky and wore a blue crown with a moon on it, and a dark blue necklace with a moon on it also. She also had two blue wings pop out of her back and dress, but she had them folded down on her back. She was named Luna, the Princess of the Night.

Her hands glowed a deep blue as the pictures moved to her will. She examined each carefully to check for nightmares tormenting her citizens. It seemed like a slow night, many were having peaceful dreams. She was glad at this, but was slightly bored by this. She looked into the dream to see a young boy dreaming about being a knight in armour fighting a monster, while a little girl in a princess dress called for help. She smiled as she watched the boy defeat the monster and go up to the girl. She flicked through to the next to see another boy pretending to be in a video game as the hero. But something dark happened.

She watched as the entire picture was encased in darkness, she tried to jump into the dream but she couldn’t. She tried a second time but it also failed.

“What is this dark magic?”

She then looked in horror as all of the picture where covered in darkness. She looked around to see nothing but pictures of swirling darkness.
She then saw the limbo slowly turn dark. She got in a battle pose as the darkness in cased the Limbo as well.

“What is going on? Who dare do this!?” she yelled.

She soon saw streams of Darkness shot at her. She crossed her arms and held them up to block the darkness. As the darkness hit her arms and just passed through, she heard the words.

“I have returned from the dark!”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Luna jumped up from her bed sweating like crazy. She toke some deep breaths as she looked around to see she was in her room. She slowly got herself up as she got dressed and got out of her pyjamas.

She entered the dining room wearing the dress she wore in the limbo. She saw someone else sitting at the huge table.

She was slightly taller than Luna, and possessed wings as well, except they were white. She had a white dress and wore a golden necklace with a sun in the middle and a golden crown with a purple gem in the middle. Her dress was the whitest silk and wore shimmering golden shoes.
Her hair was coloured pink, blue and light green and looked like it was in a constant breeze of wind. Her name was Celestia, Princess of the Sun and Luna’s sister.

“Morning sister.” Luna says as she sits down.

“Good morning Luna. How was the night shift?” Celestia asked.

“Actually, there is something dire I need to talk to you about.” Luna said as the chef entered and set a plate in front of Luna. He bowed before he left for the kitchen again.

“Oh? And what pray tell is so dire?” Celestia said.

“Last night, as I watched the dreams. My ability to see into dreams was covered by darkness, and the white limbo I work in was also shrouded in darkness. The darkness struck at me as a voice that sounded familiar yelled before I woke up. I still sense the dark presence nearby.” Luna explained.

“I have also sensed something dark stirring. But I believed it was nothing major. But with what you have explained. It seems something or someone dark is making their presence known.” Celestia said. The seriousness sinking in on her.

“Sister. Should we contact Twilight and her friends to notify her?” Luna asked.

“Yes. I will notify her to come here as soon as she can. “Celestia said, her left hand glowed gold as a parchment and pen floated over in a golden aura. She grabbed the pen with her right hand and began to write on the parchment. As she wrote, she felt this dark presence was unlike any that had been in Equestria. But it also felt similar in many ways. She hoped Twilight and her friends will help save Equestria once more. But she couldn’t be more wrong who would actually save Equestria.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just a down the mountain and a few miles away from Canterlot castle, the town of Ponyville was located. Known for its weirdness, location near the Everfree forest, and the new castle of Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Inside the castle currently was the princess mentioned, who was reading in the new library that had been installed in the castle. She wore a purple shirt with a dark blue sweeter, a light purple skirt and buttoned shoes. She had violet eyes, purple hair with one strand of pink hair. She also had two smaller purple wings pop out from her back. She flipped through her book before she noticed smoke enter through a nearby window that floated in front of her and turned into a scroll.

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight floated over a bookmark and placed it in her book before closing and placing it down. She grabbed the scroll and began to read the contents.

Dear Twilight Sparkle

My sister and I have sensed a dark presence lurking. I would like you and your friends to join us today at Canterlot. We hope that you and your friends can once again stop whatever villain lurks in the dark.

Your fellow Princess
Celestia

Twilight gasps as she rises to her feet and runs through the castle.

“Spike!?”

She soon heard the sound of yelling from one of the bedrooms. She walked down the hall as she got closer to the yells and grunts. She soon found herself outside of one of the bedrooms.

“Spike?” she asked as she knocked on the door before opening.

Inside we see a boy. This boy was different. He wore a green shirt with a purple zipper jacket with short sleeves. He’s jacket was undone showing his green shirt and his necklace which was a ying yang except green and purple. He wore purple pants along with green and black sneakers. He also had a brown belt around his head that help hold up his spikey green hair. He held on a brown sword and was swinging it around like he was fighting something.

“Spike!”

The boy stopped as he noticed the woman standing at his door.

“Yeah Twilight?”

“Me and the girls have to go see the Princess about an important topic. I am unsure when I’ll be back but you’ll be okay by yourself here?” Twilight said.

“Sure Twi, I’ll be fine. It’s not the first time.” Spike smiled.

“Okay. Well, see you soon Spike.” Twilight said before she closed the door and let Spike get back to his training.

The throne room of Canterlot castle was awfully quiet. Celestia and Luna sat on their respected thrones, the guards stood at Attention quiet. The two Princesses were just waiting on Twilight and her friends.

Soon the double doors were opened by two guards as Twilight and five other girls walked in.

First was Applejack, she wore an orange buttoned shirt, with jeans and brown boots. Also wearing a Stetson hat, and a red band in her blonde hair. She also wore a green handkerchief around her neck.

Then there was Rainbow Dash. She was wearing a blue t-shirt with black sport shorts. She wore cyan sneakers two sweatbands on her wrists. Her hair was in a mess with the colours of the rainbow and was currently in the air thanks to the two cyan wings that popped out of her back.

Another with wings was Fluttershy. She wore a yellow jumper and a dark green skirt. She wore simple yellow shoes and had light pink hair. She also had wings, but they were yellow, and she wasn’t in the air like Rainbow but remained on the ground.

Next was Rarity. She wore a beautiful white dress and blue high heels. She wore a little bit too much make-up and had curly purple hair.

Finally there was Pinkie pie. She wore a pink shirt, pink pants, and pink shoes. And she also had poufy pink hair. She seemed to not even be walkin’ but actually bouncing along.

The six girls walked up to Celestia and Luna before they bowed before them.

“Please rise, there is no need to bow.” Celestia said. The six girls got to their feet as Celestia continued.

“Now, as Twilight probably explained to you. Me and my sister have sensed something dark.”

“Indeed. It is something we have never encountered before, but at the same time. It somehow feels similar.” Luna said.

“But we cannot tell who or what this is. We summoned you here so hopefully, we can stop this darkness before it attacks.”

“Don’t count on it Celestia.” A voice suddenly spoke. The princesses and girls all jumped and begun to look around the castle. The guards readied there spears for anything to attack.

“Who’s there!? Show yourself!” Luna yelled.

Suddenly, a dark orb began to spawn in the middle of the air. The guards pointed there spears at it as it grew, the princesses and the girls all readied for anything. Soon the orb dissolved to reveal someone, someone the Princesses and the girls knew very well.

“Nightmare Moon!” Twilight yelled.

Nightmare moon was a tall woman who wore a black night dress and a dark armoured helmet. She floated in the air with her hair similar to Luna’s but more dark. She also had a new feature. A strange emblem in the middle of her dress.

“How are you even here!? Twilight and her friends defeated you and freed me from you dark grasp!” Luna said. Nightmare Moon just laughed and spoke.

“You may have banished me from your body, but you didn’t destroy me. Your elements of harmony can even defeat someone like me who controls the darkness.”

“It doesn’t matter Nightmare. We have faced worse villains since we first fought you. We’ll be able to beat you again.” Twilight said proud, the rest of the girl’s all saying ‘yeah!’

“Well, if it isn’t the little new princess. You get a castle and you think you can beat the darkness. You understand nothing about the darkness.” Nightmare Moon said as she snapped her fingers.

Darkness seemed to grow from the ground as the darkness seemed to form into a weird black creature with antennas and glowing yellow eyes.

The guards let out a battle cry and charge at the creatures. But their spears only went through the creatures. The creatures themselves scratched the guards and won the fight between them. Then what happened next horrified the princesses. The guards laid on the ground frozen as their hearts seemed to pop out of their chests before they floated up into the air and then disappeared. The dark creatures slowly flattened until they were flat on the grounds before disappearing. Nightmare Moon looked at the princesses and the girls and laughed at their horrified faces.

“These are the weakest in my power. And your guards fall down like flies.” Celestia looks at Nightmare Moon with a hateful scorn no one in Equestria had ever seen.

“What do you want Nightmare?” She asked.

“Well it’s simple Celestia. Equestria. I may have gained new powers and reach out far beyond these stars, but I still desire eternal night to rule Equestria. Just surrender your posts as princesses, or I’ll drag equestrian into darkness myself.” Nightmare stated her demands.

Twilight looked back to Celestia and Luna to see what they would say. The two sisters looked at each other for a while, then they looked out the window to see the country below. They finally looked at the girls in the room. Luna looked to Celestia who nodded. Luna looked dead straight at Nightmare Moon.

“We will never let you have Equestria. We will defeat you once and for all.”

Celestia, Twilight, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow and Applejack all smiled and looked at Nightmare Moon like they could take on anything. Nightmare Moon just looked irritated before she smiled.

“Very well, have it your way. But watch just exactly what I can do to Equestria. Starting with your precious Ponyville!” Nightmare yelled before she was covered by the orb of darkness and vanished. Immediately the ground shook about, throwing the girls of their balance.

“What’s going on!?” Rainbow asked.

“Oh my gosh, look!” Rarity screamed and pointed to the town below. Darkness spurted up from below, encasing the whole town in a dome of darkness.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spike swung his sword once more, his practise paying off. He stopped for a moment to take a break.

“Woo. I need a drink.” Spike said as he walked to the kitchen.

Spike grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and took some sips before he started chugging down the water. He finished the bottle gasping for air. He slowly gained his breath and threw the bottle into the recycle bin.

“Man. This training takes a lot outta me.” Spike said. As he made his way to back to his room.

On the way, he passed the room with the thrones. One for each element bearer. All the same height, and in perfect equilibrium. But he then gazed at his seat in the circle.

He looked at the seat that seemed tiny to the rest. He had to ask. Why did he get a smaller chair then the girls? He was just as a part of the group as the rest…right?

Am I really equal? Or am I just some little kid that drags the rest down?

He then looked at the wooden sword in his hand. He began to think to back to a training session he had not too long ago.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spike fell onto his back, he groaned as he tried to get back up and grab his wooden sword.

“Come on Spike. You still have a long way to go if you’re giving up now.” Said a man, who wore a red royal suit with golden medals and buttons, white pants and formal shoes. He also had a blue sachet across his shoulder. He had blue hair and held a long wooden sword. This is Shining Armour, former Royal Captain, husband to Princess Cadence and Prince of the Crystal Empire.

“Shining! You’re training him, not beating him!” Twilight said who was sitting aside next to another human. She had a light pink dress, light pink shoes and multi-coloured hair. She also had two wings pop out of her back, coloured light pink.

Spike slowly got up and grabbed his sword. He got a determined look as he rushed at Shining Armour, and jumped in the air ready to break Shining’s defence.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spike smiled at the memory but slowly began to question himself.

Am I really that weak? What’s going to happen when I’m on my own?

Spike sighed as he began to slump.

What am I even good for? Nearly everyone else knows what there well at.

Spike placed a hand over his chest.

Why must I be the odd one?

(Music stops)

Spike was thrown off guard as the castle began to shake violently. He got on one knee as the castle seemed to be falling apart.

“What is going on!?” Spike asked. He looked outside to see the sky soon darken before the castle stopped shaking. Spike instantly made a run for the front door of the castle to see what had just happened.

He walked outside to see the sky entirely dark. And a huge ball of darkness above the Town hall. It had winds and debris already flying around it.

“This is so weird.” Spike said.

Then suddenly, two of the dark creatures popped up from the ground. Spike gasped, not knowing what it was exactly. He watched as one of the creatures jumped right at him. He quickly dodged it and quickly swung hit wooden sword down onto the creature. But he was shocked to see his sword just go through it and hit the earth.

He quickly started to run for the town as the creatures missed him again. He kept on running and dodging random attacks until he found himself surrounded. He looked for a way out but the creatures seemed to block all chances he had of escaping. They closed in before they all jumped on him. He crossed his arms from the creatures descending on him. He thought this was his end, he thought it was over, but a bright light caused him to close his eyes and see nothing but light.

As the light faded, he opened his eyes and gasped to see not only the creatures had disappeared, but his sword was gone and he was holding something very different.

What he held seemed to resemble that of a key. It seemed to have a stem that resembled a parchment with a red ribbon tied around it, with the top having a light blue gem pointing away from the stem. The base of the stem had a little light blue box with a small red ruby that resembled a heart, surrounded by gold outlines. The handle itself was a purple colour that had sprouting crystals on each side of the base. The actual grip itself was black, and there was a keychain attached. The keychain was a green blaze that got a darker shade of green on the more outer levels and lighter into the inner levels.

Spike was about to yell, but as creature had decided to attack him yet again. Spike swung the new weapon in protection and to his surprise. The creature seemed to be disintegrate into darkness and a heart floated up into the air. He looked at the blade as he realised that whatever this was, it could defeat these creatures.

He quickly began to run, the strange weapon in hand as he made his way to the town hall.

(Music stops)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile, in the Everfree forest, three girls where making their way back home after another crusade.

The first girl had a yellow t-shirt, blue jeans, dirty sport shoes, and red hair with a huge red bow in it. She was Applebloom.

The next girl had some purple pants, an orange hoodie and purple hair. She also had a small set of orange wings stick out of her back. Her name was Scootaloo.

The last girl wore a white dress with some white shoes. She had hair that was light purple and white. She was Sweetie Belle.

These three where known as the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They would always go and try new stuff, trying to find their talents. However, most ended up in failure and with half the town on fire.

“Ah guess we aren’t good at monster luring ether.” Applebloom said as she had her hands in her pockets.

“Better add that one to the list.” Scootaloo said, hands behind her head, leaning her head back to look up into the sky.

“We can try again later. It isn’t our fault the tremor made our trap fall into the swamp.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Yeah, but what else can we use for bait?” Applebloom asked.

“We could try some apples if your sister and brother are cool with it.” Scootaloo suggested.

“Maybe. We can try and get some tinned food from ma cupboard.” Applebloom said.

“Um, girls. What is that?” Sweeite belle asked. The three girls were in shock as at the end of their path, a huge dome of darkness was in their way.

“What’s this thing? It wasn’t here when we left.” Scootaloo asked.

“Why in the hay is it between the Everfree forest and Ponyville?” Applebloom also asked.

“Girls…I think that is Ponyville.” Sweetie said. The three felt an unease as they approached the dome. They walked closer and closer until they were mere feet away.

“Do you think Rarity and the others are okay?” Sweetie asked.

“Well, only one way to find out.” Scootaloo said as she shoulder charged the dome. But she was bounced off like it was nothing. She got herself back up as she began to pound on the dome, the other two following. The three pounded and pounded, hoping to find a way to see of their loved ones where okay.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(Start music again)

Spike slashed through two of the creatures as he fought on. He had to remind himself to thank Shining for those lessons he gave him on how to fight. He also noticed he hadn’t seen anyone else from the town actually out getting attacked. He hoped no one had been seriously hurt by these things.

He soon found himself at his destination, the town hall. He was about to go in but he found himself surrounded by the creatures again. He got his weapon ready as he waited for them to attack. But just as they arrived, they all melded with the ground and disappeared. Spike then felt like the whole world was shaking. He got on one knee as he looked up at the ball of darkness. It had already sucked many of the houses from the ground, shattering them and debris flying around on the gusts of winds surrounding the darkness. Spike looked to see some chunks of land also fly up along with the houses. But he was in shock as he saw the town hall brake in half as the top was sucked up into the air. He then felt him slowly started to feel light, he released he was being lifted up! He ran for the remains of the town hall and tried to hold on as the wind got more forceful and started to pull more and more. As the wind got worst, more of the town was slowly consumed by the darkness. Spike held onto a broken plank for dear life, tyring hard as he could to hold on. But he couldn’t hold on any longer before he started to scream for help as he felt himself being pulled up into the darkness. He saw the remains of the destruction before his vision was encased in darkness.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The girls and princesses watch helpless as they just waited for the dome to fall and reveal what had happened to the town. They didn’t have to wait long before the ground shook once more, and the dome slowly fell apart and faded away. The girls feared that they would see there town in the dark but what they saw was far worse.

There was nothing left of Ponyville but a huge crater where the town used to be. No homes, no Sweet Apple Acres, no town hall, no castle, nothing.

The six girls slowly began to release their loved ones may have just disappeared.

“Sweetie Belle…” Rarity said.

“The cakes…the twins.” Pinkie said, her hair turning straight and bland.

“Squirt.” Rainbow said.

“Angel. All my animal friends.” Fluttershy said.

“Applebloom. Big Mac. Granny Smith…” Applejack said taking her hat off.

Twilight looked out towards the crater and placed her hands on her chest.

“Spike…”

Author's Note:

End of the first chapter.

What will happen next? Where will Spike end up? well, since the next chapters already finished, you can just go over there and find out.

keep calm and tomahawk on.