• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 753 Views, 5 Comments

The Right Moment - QuiteAQuill



Many years after the end of Season Four, Spike decides to come back to Canterlot and visit Twilight. He finds out he came at just the right time.

  • ...
10
 5
 753

The Right Moment

It had been so long since Spike had visited Canterlot, mainly Twilight Sparkle. She had been like a mother to him. But the time came when Spike had to leave Ponyville and Canterlot, he was a full grown dragon now. He missed Twilight, but he had made many new friends here. Any of his mail fire magic had left him, leaving him a normal dragon. His wings were larger than a normal dragon's were, and he was the leader of the group because of it.

"Okay everydragon!" Spike roared, calming down his group immediately. "I must leave for very...important business. Flame, you will lead the group until I get back, you got it?" Spike asked his co leader, who nodded.

Spike closed his eyes for half a second, and took off. How long he would be gone, he didn't know. But he did know he would see Twilight again. He did know she would greet him with open hooves, like she always did after he was gone. He had visited her more often before he became leader of the group, but now he was busy. Now he could see her again.

~~~~~~

As he flew, he saw Fluttershy's cottage. He grinned as he landed, excited to see one of his friends again. He noticed the cottage was looking a little worn down, but he didn't care. He knocked on the door gently. No answer.

"Fluttershy? It's me, Spike." The dragon said softly. Still no answer. The kind pegasus was probably out doing errands or something.

Spike took off once again and flew to Ponyville. Once it was in sight, he stopped going forward. The town that was once his home was now in ruins. Houses burnt to the ground, wrecked apart by some unknown force. And Twilight's castle was ripped cleanly in half, one side laying on the ground.

"W-what happened?" Spike asked nopony. Tears formed as he took off again.

~~~~~~

As he arrived, Canterlot looked a little darker than normal. Like something was less happy about it. Spike was too excited to see Twilight again that he didn't care. He landed right inside the gates, and a few ponies screamed. They noticed who he was and gave him a sad smile. Confused, the purple and green dragon walked along the street. He noticed a building looking very similar to the Carousel Boutique back in Ponyville. He gently knocked on the door and heard hooves trotting over.

"Spike!" His crush, Rarity, gasped as she opened the door with her magic.

"Hey Rarity. What happened to Ponyville? It's destroyed!" Spike said quickly.

Rarity looked at the ground. "Spike...Twilight, she-" Rarity sobbed into Spike's big paw.

"What happened? Rarity, tell me." Spike demanded.

"Twilight went crazy. She missed you so much, Spike. You weren't there to help her with anything, she didn't get anything done. She went on a rampage and..."

"Where is everypony else?" Spike's head was swirling with ideas of what could have happened.

"They all had to move here. Except...Fluttershy. She thought Twilight could feel better with some kindness. It didn't work..." Rarity broke down again. Tears formed in Spikes eyes.

"Where is she?" Spike demanded.

"The castle. In the d-dungeons."

The dungeons. Spike flew off with a determined look on his face. As he neared the castle, he heard a familiar voice.

"Twilight! Calm yourself!" The princess of the moon yelled.

Spike flew faster. Then he saw what was happening. Celestia, Luna, and Cadence were flying around, dodging purple beams of light. Purple beams of light coming from Twilight's horn. Twilight's mane was crazy, and so was her tail. Spike gasped as he saw Twilight blast Cadence out of the air, the pink alicorn falling fast. She managed to fly back up almost immediately. Then Spike heard Twilight's voice.

"No! I want Spike back! You took him from me!" Twilight yelled, blasting more lasers.

Memories flashed in the dragon's head of Twilight. Of all the times she had overreacted, saved the world, been there for him. Now she was crazy, fighting three princesses at once because she wanted him back.

"Twilight, you know he would have been a danger to everypony!" Cadence yelled.

"I won't calm down!" The purple alicorn fired laser after laser.

One of them hit Princess Luna, who fell. She hit the balcony not too far below, screaming. She rubbed her wing and Spike saw it was broken. That was it. He had to interfere. He took a deep breath and was about to roar when he saw it.

Twilight was falling to the ground, too fast. The wind was making it so she couldn't open her wings, and Spike flew as fast as he could. The world seemed to go in slow motion. Twilight and Spike screaming each other's names, Celestia hovering there, too shocked to move. Spike was flying as fast as he could, inches away from his friend and mother. Closer to the ground, Spike knew what he had to do to go faster. He folded his wings and fell, now going faster than his friend. He moved closer, now centimeters away. He grabbed onto her hoof and unfolded his wings.

~~~~~~

"Spike!" A familiar voice called his name.

"T-Twilight?" Spike opened his eyes. He was laying on the soft grass, Twilight in his paw, sobbing.

Twilight was okay. Twilight wasn't falling. She was okay. And then it hit Spike that Twilight had caused so much damage to her friends. Fluttershy.

"Twilight. Why?" Spike asked. Twilight knew what he was talking about and frowned.

"Spike, I missed you so much. I wanted you back, and Celestia said it was for the best. After you didn't visit for a long time, I thought you had forgotten about me. That you would never visit me again."

"Why would I do that?" The purple dragon grinned, hugging her.

"We still have to discuss the manner of punishment Twilight will receive." Celestia landed next to Spike.

"Please, Princess-" Spike started.

"No, Spike. She is fine now, but think about how much damage she has caused. Twilight, you will have to rebuild Ponyville. By hoof." Celestia said angrily.

"No!" Twilight screamed.

Celestia nodded and looked at Spike. "You can stay. If you ever show any sign of anger towards ponies, you are gone."

Spike nodded quickly and hugged Twilight again. "I'll help you rebuild it, Twilight."

Years later, the purple and green dragon sat on a balcony, holding a purple and pink rose, staring at the setting sun.

Author's Note:

I hope you liked this short story. It's a little too short, but I couldn't find a way to make it longer. And I know I have a lot to improve on, but practice makes perfect, right? :heart:

Comments ( 4 )

"Twilight! Calm thouself!"

*Yourself

And so the dragon stopped the pony's rampage. How's that for a twist?

The idea itself is good but this story is WAY to short and goes by way to fast for a one-shot. This feels more like a outline then a story. Also why does Celestia say Spike was a danger, making it seem like she forced him to leave, when the story makes it seem like he left of his own free will? It doesn't make any sense.

That was cool! I liked it, even if it was a little short! :ajsmug:

Login or register to comment