• Published 7th Nov 2011
  • 6,018 Views, 611 Comments

My Little Chrono Triggers Are Magic - Pav Feira



Rainbow Dash and her friends travel through time to save their world from apocalyptic destruction.

  • ...
9
 611
 6,018

The Trial

1000 AD
Sugardia Castle Courthouse

Morning came quickly for Rainbow Dash. She was being led from the dungeon by two armed guards. Thick bindings firmly secured her wings to her sides, preventing any chance of escape by air. Their final destination was the royal courthouse within one of the towers of the castle, where her fate would be decided. Rainbow Dash wept silently as she was marched forward.

One of the guards scoffed in disgust, “Already in tears? Pathetic. If you didn’t have the nerves for it, perhaps you should have thought twice before foalnapping our Princess!”

Rainbow Dash looked up at the guard with moist eyes. “I... am so... hungry. I haven’t eaten anything since two days ago. Can’t I get a quick breakfast before the trial?”

The guard did a double-take. That was hardly the confession he expected. He turned his gaze back ahead. “The trial cannot be delayed. You may eat after your judgment has been decided.” Rainbow Dash whimpered and hung her head low.

Her guards opened a pair of tall chamber doors, leading her into the courtroom. She was led up to a small stand in the center of a large circular amphitheater. A sweeping galley of commonponies sat in the rows encircling the courtroom floor. Based on their jeers and cheering as Rainbow Dash was led into the chamber, they seemed quite biased for a guilty verdict. In a special booth above the galley seating, seven elderly ponies sat, quietly murmuring to each other.

On the courtroom floor, two desks stood on each side. Chancellor Scratch was behind one of the desks, pushing around papers and memos with her horn’s magic, reviewing for the case. The other desk was currently empty. Between the two desks, in the front of the chamber stood a towering, elegant wooden bench. A very elderly pony with a long white beard sat behind the bench, patiently waiting for the trial to begin. As Rainbow Dash looked up above the judge, she saw a massive stained-glass mural depicting Lady Justice, a blindfolded alicorn holding a sword with one raised hoof, and a set of scales with the other hoof. The morning sunlight shone through the mural, igniting the room with a kaleidoscope of color.

“Good, the defendant’s here,” said Chancellor Scratch, turning to the judge. “Let’s get this thing started?”

The judge shook his head. “We are still waiting for the defense. Ms. Dash, do you have an attorney who will be representing you?”

Rainbow Dash blinked. This was the first that anyone had mentioned this to her. “Wha... attorney?”

The judge frowned and replied, “If you do not have representation, the court can appoint one for you.”

“Unacceptable,” chided Chancellor Scratch. “We don’t have time to brief an attorney! This should have been dealt with last night.”

Rainbow Dash was sweating profusely. Her trial hadn’t even started, and it was already falling apart! No one had told her to secure an attorney for the trial — Actually, how was I supposed to do that? I was being held in prison... — and now the Chancellor was pushing for a rushed replacement. “I... well, I guess...”

The courtroom doors slammed open. “Gah! Sorry! So very sorry!” Rainbow Dash heard a pony charge into the room, shuffling a stack of papers and other legal materials. “Sorry, Your Honor! I was trying to prepare all of my materials for the case, and I ran late. With your blessing, I am ready to begin with the proceedings.”

Chancellor Scratch arched an eyebrow. “You’re the defense?”

“That’s correct. I will be representing Miss Rainbow Dash in the case of Kingdom of Sugardia v. Rainbow Dash, defending against the indictment of one count foalnapping, one count treason, one count blackmailing for ransom, and three counts of crimes committed against the royal family.” The speaker walked up beside the defendant's stand and bowed to the judge.

Rainbow Dash turned her head to look at the pony who would be representing her. Her jaw dropped to the floor in shock and alarm. Beside her was a lavender unicorn, suspending a massive pile of books and paperwork in midair with her horn. “Twi?!

“Morning, Rainbow Dash,” Twilight Sparkle smiled cheerily. “I’m here to be your defense attorney!”

Rainbow Dash leaned in close to her friend, whispering through gritted teeth. “What the hay are you doing? You aren’t a lawyer! You’re an inventor!

Winking, Twilight Sparkle opened her saddlebags. She jumped slightly as a book and a few papers dropped from midair in the process; she was near her limit of items she could magically manipulate at once. Turning back to her friend, she edged a book out of her saddlebag, and tipped the binding toward Rainbow Dash so that she could read the title: The Egghead’s Guide to Defending Kingdom-Level Court Cases.

Rainbow Dash felt nauseated. “No. Absolutely not.

She looked hurt. “You know, when I showed up for the party last night and found out that you’d been arrested, I pulled an all-nighter, studying law and putting together your case.” She turned her nose up in mock haughtiness and added, “Buuut, if you’re sooo against the idea, I don’t have to represent you. I’m sure you could find some other lawyer who knows your case inside and out.

Rainbow Dash’s ears drooped, and she lowered her head. She was still not sold on the idea, but she knew that her friend was far-and-away her best hope at this point. “Fine. You’re my lawyer. ...Sorry for misjudging you.

Grinning cutely with her eyes closed, Twilight Sparkle picked up most of the materials off the ground and dropped them haphazardly on the defense attorney’s desk. “I, Twilight Sparkle, am ready as the defense, Your Honor,” she said as she frantically began organizing and shuffling her papers.

You certainly don’t look ready... Rainbow Dash already felt clammy from her perspiration.

“Prosecution’s ready, Your Honor.”

Nodding, the judge banged his gavel, quieting down the chamber. “The court shall now come to order. We will begin the trial at this time. Ms. Dash, you are hereby ordered to answer all questions completely and truthfully.”

She bowed her head solemnly, and gave a hoarse reply. “I understand, Your Honor.”

Chancellor Scratch walked out from behind her desk, and addressed the booth of elder ponies. “Juryponies, the defendant is accused of the charges that the unicorn listed, mostly foalnapping Princess Pinkamena. You guys are here to pick how we’re going to punish her. Tickle torture? Hang her upside down for a few years?” She walked up to Rainbow Dash, leaning in uncomfortably close to her. “Maybe... the guillotine?” Looking back to the jury, she concluded, “It’s your choice.”

Twilight Sparkle shook her head from behind the desk. “This case is open-and-shut. Miss Rainbow Dash is charged with foalnapping Princess Pinkamena. Did she? No, she did not.” She leaned forward over the desk, adding emphasis. “It was completely the opposite, in fact. Princess Pinkamena asked Rainbow Dash if she could accompany her during the Millennial Summer Sun Celebration.”

The judge eyed Rainbow Dash. “Is this true, Ms. Dash? Who approached whom?”

Rainbow Dash looked over to Twilight Sparkle, who silently mouthed the words “SHE DID”. Rainbow Dash closed her eyes and tried to remember back to yesterday morning. Actually, Twilight Sparkle was right. She remembered being initially annoyed because Pinkie Pie had basically invited herself to tag along. Right after... She sighed, “No, Your Honor. I was the one who started it.”

Twilight Sparkle moaned in dismay, “Rainbow, weren’t you reading my lips?!”

She shook her head. “Pinkie Pie did ask...”

“Who?”

“Oh... right. Princess Pinkamena did ask if she could hang out with me. But that was only after I had crashed into her. I was flying low in Diane’s Square, and...”

“Ha!” cried Chancellor Scratch. “So you admit that you intentionally approached the Princess.”

“It was an accident!” wailed Rainbow Dash. “I didn’t mean to crash into anypony. I didn’t mean to crash at all.”

“After forcing Princess Pinkamena to follow you, a bunch of ponies spotted you two wandering among the Celebration, for about an hour. After then, nopony reported seeing you for the rest of the day. Sure sounds like abduction to me.”

The audience began murmuring loudly in response to the clear accusation. The judge pounded his gavel to restore order.

“Also, several ponies have come forward with testimony that damns the defendant's character.”

“My... character?” asked a confused Rainbow Dash.

Twilight Sparkle banged on her desk with a hoof. “Objection! Relevance!”

Chancellor Scratch raised an eyebrow at Twilight Sparkle. “Relevance... of her character? It’s the core of the case. I can prove that Rainbow Dash is a pony of sketchy morality. Certainly devious enough to commit treason.”

The judge pounded his gavel. “While a judgment of morality is not sufficient for a conviction, I’m inclined to agree with the Chancellor that it bears relevance to the case. Objection overruled.”

Twilight Sparkle frowned. “Miss Rainbow Dash is one of the most loyal ponies in all of Sugardia. We have nothing to hide.” She pounded the desk with her hoof. “Besides, I still contest that character has no bearing on this case. The chancellor has failed to establish a motive for why my client would commit treason.”

Rainbow Dash was thoroughly impressed. The Chancellor seemed to have the upper hoof so far, but Twilight Sparkle was fighting back with all her might, and pulling off a surprising amount of courtroom knowledge for somepony who earned their “law degree” over one sleep-deprived night.

“Motive?” Chancellor Scratch raised her lip in contempt. “How about, oh I don’t know... money? The royal family is loaded, after all. Clearly, she was planning to blackmail them for a ton of cash.” She moved in front of the defendant's stand, staring face-to-face with Rainbow Dash. “Ain’t that right?”

“No! I’d never do something that horrible. Princess Pinkamena and I hung out together because we’re friends.”

“Oh? Are you sure?” She feigned surprise, leaning in close. “You weren’t tempted by the coinage? Not... one... bit?”

“No!” Rainbow Dash angrily pounded her hoof on the stand. “I didn’t give a crap about her money, and I’m certainly not a foalnapper! Say that one more time and I’ll...”

Her voice trailed off. Chancellor Scratch was smiling, and Rainbow Dash didn’t like the looks of that smile one bit. “Gotcha,” she whispered. Rainbow Dash threw a furtive look to Twilight Sparkle for confirmation, but the unicorn was flipping through one of her reference books, and failed to catch her eye. The Chancellor turned and confidently walked back to her desk. “So, the defendant just said — under oath, I remind you — she didn’t care about money.” Reaching the desk, she turned back to grin smugly at Rainbow Dash. “Witness.”

The chamber doors opened, and a gray unicorn with midnight-blue mane was led into the chamber. Immediately, he turned to face the booth of jurors. “I saw it all! That rainbow-striped pegasus there, she just crashed into the Princess. Bam. Collision knocked her necklace clean off. She was looking everywhere for it! And wouldn’t you know it? That pegasus grabbed the necklace. Didn’t even check if the Princess was okay. Probably intended to sell it. Go figure. We’re done here.” He turned to leave.

“What?” Rainbow Dash panicked. “I picked it up ‘cuz I fell on top of it! And I gave it right back...”

“Objection!” Twilight Sparkle interrupted, ruffling through a stack of papers. “Speculation! The witness shall refrain from speculating that the defendant wanted to sell the necklace, or that she grabbed the necklace, or that anypony had a necklace.”

Chancellor Scratch was still smiling. “Next witness.”

The grey unicorn left the chamber, and was exchanged with a pale yellow unicorn with a fiery red mane. He had dark circles under his eyes, and wasn’t quite walking straight. He yawned, “Issat... yeah, that’s her! I think! I was at the Celebration, working,” another yawn, “at one of the shops! Late in the afternoon, that rainbow earth pony came to my shop, and,” yawning again, “tried to sell me a silver necklace! But I recognized it was the... the Queen’s, I think! So I didn’t buy it! I’ll tell you more... after... the... break...” He fell asleep on the spot.

“Oh come on!” screamed Rainbow Dash. “That’s complete nonsense, there’s so many things... Look at him, he’s totally sleep-deprived!”

“Objection! Lying! My client says the witness is lying, so you have to strike that testimony from the records!”

Chancellor Scratch’s grin widened as she went in for the kill. “Next witness.”

The guards woke up the unicorn and escorted him out of the courtroom. As they left, a white pegasus with a hot pink mane flew in. “I saw her together with the Princess. The Princess was innocently trying to buy some candy, when this one fiendishly pounces on her, dragging her away by force. The Princess was all screaming, ‘Nooo, let gooo, don’t foalnap me!’, but she was unrelenting. She led the Princess up to Twilight Sparkle’s invention, and from what I hear, nopony saw either of them after that.”

Rainbow Dash’s blood froze. Oh no... I did drag Pinkie Pie around at that candy stand... and she did yell out... “No! I mean... yeah, some of that did... you’ve got it all wrong! It’s a huge misunderstanding!”

Twilight Sparkle’s desk was a maelstrom of reference guides. They were flying by at such a speed that it was incredibly unlikely they were actually being read. “Objection! Freedom of speech! The Princess has the freedom to scream that she’s being foalnapped, even when she isn’t! Which she wasn’t!”

The final witness was lead out of the courtroom. As she passed by, she smiled widely at Rainbow Dash. “Such a naughty mare. You probably had to tie the Princess up after you foalnapped her, huh? Didja use nylon cord or natural fiber?”

“I didn’t... wait, huh?”

Rainbow Dash didn’t get a chance to process the question, as Chancellor Scratch’s triumphant voice filled the chamber. “And there you have it. Motivated by greed, she stole the necklace, pawned it, tied up the Princess, dragged her to Twilight Sparkle’s thing, after which they...” She stopped cold in her tirade. Slowly, she turned her head to look at Twilight Sparkle. The lavender unicorn froze. Forgetting about her books, they all fell at once with a thunderous crash. She began sweating profusely, and offered a shaky, tooth-filled grin. The Chancellor addressed her, “You, temp lawyer. What did you say your name was?”

“W-w-who, m-m-me?” She swallowed dryly, twitching nervously. “Oh, ahahaHAHAha, silly me, I think I forgot to mention it.”

Chancellor Scratch’s eyes narrowed. “I think you did mention it. But whatever. Tell us your name.”

“... Chocolate Milk?”

She slammed her hoof on the desk. “Name. Now.”

Twilight Sparkle squeaked, barely audible. “...Twilight Sparkle.”

At once, the galley exploded with rageful shouts. “Mistrial!” “She was in on the whole thing!” “Subverting the law of the land!” “Hang them both!” “Have they no shame?” “I knew that pegasus was up to no good!”

Chancellor Scratch turned to the judge. “There you have it. Rainbow Dash planted an accomplice as her lawyer, and tried to fool you, me, and all the jurors, in order to get away with the crime of the century.”

With tremendous force, Twilight Sparkle brought both of her front hooves down on the desk, knocking several parchments onto the floor with a resounding slam. She reared up on her hind legs and pointed a hoof dramatically and accusingly at the Chancellor. “OBJECTION!” she screamed at the top of her lungs.

The courtroom was deathly silent. The judge, the Chancellor, Rainbow Dash, the jurors, galley, and guards... everypony’s eyes were fixated on the unicorn, awaiting her next words. Rainbow Dash felt an eerie chill run down her spine. Her friend, standing before her, was no mere dorky inventor. This was a Goddess of Law, sweeping in with a dramatic Deus Ex Machina to turn the court case around and save her from an untimely fate.

After a few seconds of perching, she wobbled slightly and dropped to all fours. Coughing lightly, she spoke thusly: “I was hoping to come up with something while objecting, Your Honor.” She blushed. “I didn’t.”

The judge nodded, contemplative. “Yes, I see.”

Rainbow Dash slammed her head into the podium. You’ve. Gotta. Be. Kidding. Me.

“Objection!”

“Ms. Sparkle, you had better have an objection in mind this time. The court’s time is not to be wasted.”

“Y-yes, Your Honor!” She swallowed nervously, stalling for time. “ Indeed! Verily, I say... Ergo!”

“Grr! Twilight, what gives?!” Rainbow Dash yelled, unable to hold back. “If you can’t think of something, just reuse one of the ones you already used! Like...” she suddenly gasped, “helldance! Subjective helldance!”

Twilight Sparkle’s face contorted as she tried to translate from Dashese. “Objection... relevance?”

“That one!” She nodded vigorously, then turned to the Chancellor. “Twilight was a big help with objectiving, and using her books, and all that brainy stuff... But she never actually answered any questions! That was all me, and those three ponies you brought in. She wasn’t able to change anything we said. I told the truth, regardless! So why does it matter if she’s my friend?”

Chancellor Scratch stared at Rainbow Dash blankly. “Relevance. Really? The two of you are caught red-hooved trying to scam first the royal family, then the courts, and you think it’s irrelevant.”

The judge nodded solemnly. “I am inclined to agree. Objection sustained.”

“SERIOUSLY?” Chancellor Scratch, Twilight Sparkle, and Rainbow Dash yelled in unison, incredulous.

“I can think of no way in which Ms. Sparkle has negatively interfered with the proceedings thus far. She has not influenced the testimony of her client in any significant way, nor has she tampered with any of the witnesses. And I did not sustain any objections of hers that were of a questionable nature. I agree with Ms. Dash that, even under the worst of assumptions, Ms. Sparkle has not violated the integrity of this hearing.”

“I don’t believe this!” Chancellor Scratch wailed in rage.

“That said,” the judge continued. “We will move forward on two conditions. As a conflict of interests has been raised, we will move directly to the verdict at this time, so that there are no further opportunities for contamination. Secondly, Ms. Sparkle, since you were with Ms. Dash at the time of the Princess’s disappearance, by your own admission, you are hereby considered an accomplice and will therefore receive identical judgment to that which we decide for Ms. Dash. Do you understand?”

Twilight Sparkle bowed her head in defeat. “I understand, Your Honor. I will abide by the court’s decision.”

“...Eh, fine by me,” scoffed Chancellor Scratch. “In the end, the only thing that gets changed is that we have two executions now instead of one.”

The judge banged his gavel. “Fillies and gentlecolts of the jury, at this time we are ready to hear your verdict.” The seven ponies in the raised box slowly made their way down to the courtroom floor.

Twilight Sparkle left her desk and went to stand next to her friend in the middle of the room. “Don’t worry, Rainbow. Despite a few setbacks, and a few pieces of condemning testimony, and a few courtroom violations, I’d say we made a pretty compelling case!”

Rainbow Dash stared at her. “If you weren’t trembling, I’d almost believe that.”

“Speak for yourself,” she teased back. They shared a quick glance, then huddled together, comforting each other and praying for a miracle.

“Guilty,” said the first juror. The audience burst into cheers.

Rainbow Dash gasped, “That’s it? We’re guilty, just like that?”

“Hush. It’s best of seven,” sighed Twilight Sparkle.

“Not guilty,” said the second juror.

“Oh... okay, phew.” Rainbow Dash relaxed slightly, but was still on edge. The five remaining jurors would be deciding their fates.

“Guilty.”

“Guilty.”

The two ponies’ hearts sank as the crowd’s cheers grew, calling for blood. The testimony of the witnesses, while exaggerated and outright mistaken, was killing their case and preventing the truth of their version from being seen. If any of the last three jurors called for a guilty verdict, it would be all over. They held each other closer, and closed their eyes.

“Not guilty.” Rainbow Dash twitched slightly, but let it pass. Doesn’t matter. One of the other two will vote guilty for sure.

“Not guilty.” They both looked up, then at each other. Could it be... Will we actually make it?

The last juror walked to the center of the room, and cleared his throat. A hush fell over the room as everypony strained to hear his tie-breaking decision. While he did not project very strongly, everypony in the room was able to hear him clear as day. “Not guilty.”

“We did it!” Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle, locked in embrace, leapt into the air in celebration. Landing clumsily, they fell into a pile. They began to laugh as all of the stress and tension of the situation released and drained out of their bodies.

Chancellor Scratch had no words. Turning silently back to her desk, she flung her papers off her desk with her magic. She bucked the desk repeatedly, venting her anger and frustration.

The crowd of spectators began booing lowly, apparently disagreeing strongly with the decision. Many of them were screaming angrily about a “travesty of justice” this, and a “trial was a sham” that.

The judge pounded his gavel forcefully, trying to quiet down the crowd. “Order! Order! I will have order!” After a minute, the room had grown quiet enough for him to proceed. “While Ms. Dash has not been found guilty of her various charges, the fact remains that she and Ms. Sparkle ran away with the Princess, causing the Crown and the Royal Guards severe duress as they searched for Her Highness. Therefore, the two of you shall serve three days of jail time as punishment. Court is dismissed.” With one last pound of the gavel, he stood to leave.

“Hey! Just one minute, mister!” yelled somepony in the galley.

Rainbow Dash turned in confusion, trying to look for the source, but she didn’t need to search for long. A pony with a curly pink mane was bouncing from row to row, awkwardly pushing and landing on top of the other ponies in attendance.

“Pinkie Pie! You were watching the trial?”

“Whoa!” She tripped as she attempted to jump from the bottom row to the courtroom floor, landing with a squeak. Quickly bouncing back up to her hooves, she implored the judge. “That’s right! And my friends are innocent. You said so yourself! If they didn’t do anything wrong, then you have to let them go.”

The courtroom doors flew open once again with a resounding slam. “That is enough, Pinkamena.”

Pinkie Pie did not need to look in order to recognize the voice; instead, she opted to glare angrily at the floor. “ Father...” she spoke just above a whisper.

Rainbow Dash needed to do a double-take. Having seen the royal family of this era and the past era, she had certainly noticed a family resemblance running through all of its members. In the case of King Sugardia the 33rd, however, he was the spitting image of his ancestor: from the crimson royal robes to his brown coat and light grey sideburns.

“My only request was that today, you behave as a proper princess should. Was this too much to ask?”

Pinkie Pie snapped her head around, glaring hatefully at her father, the King. “You’re just going to stand there and let this happen?! They didn’t do anything wrong!”

King Sugardia shook his head thoughtfully. “All ponies of the realm are subject to its laws, from the meekest filly to the mightiest of kings. The courts have cast their decision on these two mares, and that decision shall be carried forth. Allow Chancellor Scratch to carry out her duties, and forget about the yesterday’s nonsense.”

“N-nonsense?!” A lump formed in Pinkie Pie’s throat. Unable to form the words, she could do nothing but grit her teeth.

“Let’s go,” Chancellor Scratch said to the guards. They approached Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle, shoving them towards the chamber doors.

Pinkie Pie snapped back to her senses, and reached out a hoof in vain to her friends as they were led away. “Dashie! Twi!”

Rainbow Dash twisted her head around to look back as she was forced ahead. “Don’t worry, Pinkie Pie, we’ll...!” The courtroom doors slammed behind her, separating Princess Pinkamena from her newfound friends once again.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
1000 AD
Sugardia Castle Dungeons — Processing Room

The guards led the two friends into the processing room for the dungeon. Rainbow Dash was still equipped with her belt shackle from the morning, holding her wings tightly against her body. Similarly, Twilight Sparkle had been fitted with a magic-dampening horn sheath, preventing her from using any of her magical abilities. Hampered as they were, stripped of their saddlebags and equipment, and surrounded by armed guards at every turn, they had no choice but to march onward to their punishment.

In the processing room, an aging purple pegasus sat behind a desk, filtering through stacks of forms and bureaucracy. Looking up, she snapped to attention and crisply saluted. “Ah, Chancellor! What a wonderful surprise. What marks the occasion for this visit?”

Chancellor Scratch motioned toward the two captive ponies with an indifferent lean of her head. “Bringing in the terrorists who ran off with the Princess.”

The warden glared at the two friends. “Those scum. Excellent. It’s such a satisfying feeling to lock away a couple of true villains.”

Twilight Sparkle smiled disarmingly. “Oh, no, far from it. This has all been a terrible misunderstanding. In fact, even the courts found...”

“They were found guilty of high treason, and have been sentenced to execution by beheading.”

WHAT?!” The friends screamed in unified horror.

“The execution is scheduled for sunset tonight. Do not let them out of your sight until then.”

“That’s a lie! She’s lying!” Rainbow Dash yelled in a panic. “We’re innocent!”

The warden snorted in contempt. “Of course you’re innocent. You and everypony who’s ever been held here.”

“Your records!” Twilight Sparkle jumped in. “Surely if you check your records, you’ll see that we’re not scheduled to be executed at all.”

The warden rolled her eyes, and started flipping through her memos. “That’s an even bigger laugh. I’ve prided myself in avoiding a single clerical error in the last ninety-two months. Now you’re going to tell me...” Her voice trailed off as she scrutinized the stack of paperwork. “Well, this is peculiar. Chancellor, it doesn’t appear that I received the authorization forms to carry out this sentencing. Do you know what became of them?”

Chancellor Scratch strode up, getting so close that her chest leaned uncomfortably against the warden’s. Panicking, the warden could do nothing but stare into the Chancellor’s captivating red eyes. “Lemme get this straight. After years of perfection, you manage to lose the paperwork for snuffing out the worst terrorists this country has seen in years. Are you prepared to let them walk free because you royally screwed up?”

The warden swallowed nervously. “N-no, ma’am! We’ll begin making preparations right away.”

Twilight Sparkle stomped angrily toward the Chancellor. “You monster. You’ll never get away wi... AHH!” Telekinetically, the Chancellor grabbed ahold of her and threw her roughly against the stone walls of the room. She crumpled awkwardly and fell in a heap.

Twilight!

“Pft, never? What’s it look like I’m doing right now?”

Rainbow Dash glared murderously at the unicorn with the electric blue mane, and prepared to charge at her. “You’ll pay for that, you lousy piece of...” But Rainbow Dash was unable to finish her threat. Her consciousness fell out from under her as the guard’s nightstick connected firmly with the back of her skull.