• Published 7th Nov 2011
  • 6,007 Views, 611 Comments

My Little Chrono Triggers Are Magic - Pav Feira



Rainbow Dash and her friends travel through time to save their world from apocalyptic destruction.

  • ...
9
 611
 6,007

At The Castle

600 AD
Sugardia Castle

As she approached Sugardia Castle from the air, Rainbow Dash was taken slightly by the sheer scale. She had lived in Equus her whole life, and seen the castle dominating the horizon every day. But she had never before had any business at the castle, so this was the first time she had gotten this close. She weaved her descent between the two looming stone towers dotting the top of the castle. Encircling the structure, the two towers widened, tier by tier, eventually merging into the massive central structure. Lesser tower spires dotted each tier of the castle, adding an impressive touch to the already awe-inspiring architecture. She touched down in the courtyard, which was contained by a massive perimeter wall, lined with yet more spires and guard stations.

As she trotted into the castle’s entrance chamber, she looked about in awe. The interior was quite spacious and impressive. Lit torches lined the walls, giving a flickering ambient glow to the room. The stone walls were dressed with painstakingly-crafted tapestries embroidered with Sugardia’s royal crest, while the floors were lined with strips of elegant weaved carpeting. While the style was certainly medieval — more proof that I’m really in 600 AD, she thought to herself — it was substantially more posh and regal than the inn she had just left. Even the two broadswords in front of her looked elegant, as torchlight danced playfully along their blades.

“Whoa!” she leapt in surprise. While admiring the interior, she had failed to notice the two large, armored earth ponies approaching her, weapons drawn. They sheathed their weapons in order to converse.

“Halt! Civilians are not permitted to enter the castle without special authorization!”

“The country is at war! You cannot be flying around the castle grounds willy-nilly. State your business!”

Rainbow Dash was initially shaken by the harsh commands, but quickly regained her resolve from earlier. “I’m Rainbow Dash, and I’m here to see the Queen!”

One of the guards snorted. “The Queen was just rescued this morning. She will not be holding any audiences... Certainly not with any pegasus who just wandered into her castle unannounced!”

The other guard leaned closer to his partner, eyeing Rainbow Dash suspiciously. “Hey... what’s the deal with her mane? Such bizarre colors... think she’s part of Nightmare Moon’s forces?”

His partner snorted again. “A scrawny little filly like her? Hardly.” Turning to Rainbow Dash, he snidely asked her, “Hey little girl, made any pretty rainbows today?” The guards shared a hearty laugh at her expense.

The veins above her eye started twitching. Suffice it to say, today had not been a good day so far. She had lost a friend, missed the Wonderbolts’ show, and had somehow been trapped centuries in the past. The last thing she was going to put up with was a couple of bullies. Puffing out her chest, she walked strongly up to the guards, glaring them straight in the eyes. “Why don’t you say that again, and see what happens?!”

The guards were taken aback at this sudden display of courage, but quickly regained themselves. They were not simply going to forget their duty to protect this castle from all intruders. They tilted their heads back, reaching for their weapons.

“Stooop this at once!”

The guards pivoted sharply, turning to the staircase in the center of the hall and bowing their heads to the ground. From the top of the staircase emerged an elegantly dressed pony. Her sparkling, flowing white dress clashed sharply with the dirty interior of the castle. Her poise was haughty and elegant, clearly demonstrating an upbringing of class, although Rainbow Dash thought she was acting a bit hammy. Her pink mane was done up in an ornate beehive.

“My Queen! This pegasus was intruding on the castle grounds...” one of the guards started.

Queen Diane silenced the soldier with a grandiose sweeping gesture of her hoof. “Nooot another word, good Sir Knight. I hereby declaaare this pegasus to be my distiiinguished guest. See to it that she receives a maaarvalous feast. Thereafter, I shall see her in my rrroyal chambers for a private audience.”

“B-but Your Highness, she...”

The Queen looked down her muzzle at the guard. “You refuse to obey my orders?”

The guard sweated nervously. “N-not at all, Your Highness! We shall see to it at once!”

Queen Diane gazed upon Rainbow Dash. Acknowledging the pegasus, she gave a slow, regal nod. Somewhat confused by the whole affair, the pegasus meekly nodded in return. Suddenly and unexpectedly, Queen Diane stuck her tongue out and quietly blew a raspberry at Rainbow Dash. What the...? Just as quickly, she withdrew her tongue, regaining her regal expression. She promptly turned and trotted deeper into the castle, leaving Rainbow Dash even further confused.

The soldiers stood up, apparently not having seen the Queen’s exchange. One returned to its original post, while the other started to walk down one of the carpeted hallways. “Come,” he bitterly ordered. “The mess hall is this way.”

Rainbow Dash looked at the staircase, confused, as she followed the guard down the hallway. What gives? Why would a queen like that be goofing around? That doesn’t sound... Her eyes widened. A goofy... pink... pony? She shook her head rapidly. No, it couldn’t be. That doesn’t make a lick of sense. “Oof!” She was shaken from her thoughts as she bumped into the guard. He had abruptly stopped and was bowing deeply again, this time in the direction of the mess hall.

Two ponies approached from the hallway, deep in conversation. One was a regal-looking brown stallion draped in a gem-studded red robe. A large golden crown rested atop his graying mane. It wasn’t much of a logic jump for Rainbow Dash to guess that this was King Sugardia — the King of this era, at least. Following two steps behind the King was a light gray mare. She was clad in a less ornate, yet still quite expensive, brown silk cloak. A matching brown muffin hat rested on her darker gray mane.

“Oh dear... it should seem that the resolve of our prized Bolt Knights still wavers. I had hoped that the safe return of our Queen would bolster spirits for longer...” the King said to his advisor.

“Indeed, Your Majesty,” the gray pony replied. “The... recovery of our Queen was a bright glimmer of hope in these otherwise dreary times.”

The King stopped, looking quizzically at the rainbow pony. “Pardon me, young lady... Would you happen to be Rainbow Dash?”

Rainbow Dash quickly snapped to her senses and remembered her manners, bowing low. “Yes! Yes, Your Majesty! Sorry for intruding...”

King Sugardia the 21st laughed and placed a leg gently on Rainbow Dash’s shoulder, causing her to look up in surprise. “Please, you are our welcomed guest! My beloved wife, the Queen, has talked so highly of you since she returned to us this morning. She has eagerly been awaiting your arrival.”

“...She has?”

“I am most grateful for her safe return. Although...” The King looked worryingly at Rainbow Dash. “My dear, perhaps you may be able to assist. My wife has been acting... quite unlike herself, since her return. More worrisome, She appears to have lost her coral manepin, which she treasured so dearly. Tell me... know you anything of these matters?”

Before Rainbow Dash could reply, she caught a particularly nasty look from the pony in brown robes. The robed pony leaned closely to the King. “Your Highness, I beseech your discretion. In these times, it can be... quite difficult to choose who to trust.” She glared darkly at Rainbow Dash, who felt disconcerted. She had been receiving stares all day — from the skeptical inn patrons, or the rude guards — but this pony’s stare was different somehow. Rainbow Dash couldn’t put her hoof on what it was.

The King smiled warmly at his advisor. “As always, Chancellor Octavia, your counsel is most appreciated.” He turned to address Rainbow Dash. “I apologize, my dear, do not be troubled by my questions. Please forgive me. Feel free to make use of all our accommodations during your stay.”

Chancellor Octavia bowed to the King. “By your leave, Your Majesty... If our affairs are in order here, I would return to the abbey...”

“Ah, but of course! Always giving back to the community... you are a shining example to us all.”

The Chancellor got up and walked for the castle’s entrance, glaring again at Rainbow Dash as she passed. Unsure of why she deserved the hostility, Rainbow Dash returned the stare, flicking her rainbow-striped tail in discontent. The King followed thereafter, and she quickly bowed in respect as he passed.

“...If you’re not too busy being best friends with the Queen and King, perhaps you could follow me?” The guard from earlier tapped his hoof impatiently and glared at Rainbow Dash. Unlike the Chancellor’s cryptic stare, she understood the motivation behind this one: jealousy.

Rainbow Dash’s stomach rumbled. She realized that in all of the excitement, she had skipped breakfast in order to rush to the Millennial Summer Sun Celebration, hadn’t eaten any food at the Celebration because of meeting Pinkie Pie, and had been too depressed to eat lunch at Equus Inn. She giggled, embarrassed. “Eh heh heh... yes, please. Lunch would be awesome.”

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
600 AD
Sugardia Castle — Mess Hall

Rainbow Dash walked downstairs to the mess hall. The front room was lined with wooden tables, each overcrowded with plated soldier ponies. They frantically competed with each other to grab scraps of food from a few central platters on each table. A few maids were rushing frantically about the room, clearing plates and bringing out beverages. A noisy din filled the air; Rainbow Dash could make out bits and pieces of a tumultuous conversation.

“...weird, don’t you think so? She’s been slipping out of the castle night after night!”

“Don’t be so rude! Chancellor Octavia is a kind, sweet pony. She’s spending her evenings volunteering at the abbey.”

“Pfft... you wanna talk about suspicious, what about that monstrous creature, then? The one that acts like it’s a personal knight of the Queen? Heard she used to be a pony, but then a powerful hex was placed on her. I’d wager she’s one of Nightmare Moon’s spies!”

One of the soldiers groaned, “If only Sir Spike were still here, to lead us Bolt Knights into battle. He was as brave and fierce a Captain as this country has ever seen...”

“Come off it. Nopony’s seen scale nor spine of Sir Spike in nearly a decade. He’s either dead or a traitor. Besides, Lady Firefly has done admirably as Captain of the Bolt Knights in his stead!”

“How dare you speak ill of him! Sir Spike is best Captain!”

The room grew louder as tempers flared and the arguing escalated. Rainbow Dash slinked around the perimeter of the room, not wanting to get pulled into any of the fighting. I just want some freakin’ daffodils...

“What in the Queen’s name is going on here?!”

The room fell silent immediately. Rainbow Dash looked back to the entrance and saw that a few soldiers had arrived at the stairs, wearing armor that was more decorated than that of the other soldiers in the mess hall. Cursing quietly, she realized that the pony in front was the soldier she had met back in Equus Inn. Not wanting to be recognized as “that crazy pegasus from earlier”, she quickly ducked out of view, behind one of the tables. Luckily, considering her vibrant coloring, she wasn’t noticed.

Firefly glared around the room, surveying her discontent troops and the empty benches before them. She continued to bellow. “We’re fighting a war out there! Can’t you even keep us fed?”

A frustrated turquoise pegasus flew out of the back room, landing next to Firefly. “We’re trying our best here! I’m not even a trained chef, but everypony is trying to help all they can! Stop acting like you’re the only ponies fighting this war!”

“Medley, our soldiers can’t fend off Nightmare Moon’s monsters on an empty stomach! We need our meals to be prepared on time!”

Medley stomped her hooves. “And we need supplies to cook those meals! We’ve been running low on food ever since we lost contact with Doreino and Pommel. Everypony’s making sacrifices!”

Firefly turned her back to Medley. “Just feed my little ponies. I don’t have time to waste, arguing with a coward.” Without another word, she ascended the staircase.

Medley didn’t move from her spot, trembling slightly. She turned and stomped her way back to the kitchen. As she passed by Rainbow Dash, she could see that her eyes were still enraged, yet moist. Rainbow Dash felt a pang of guilt, and wished she could help these feuding pegasi, but had no idea how. More immediately — if a bit selfishly — she also realized that she probably wasn’t going to get any food right now.

“...even though we’re trying to keep as many ponies fed as possible.” She could hear Medley confiding with somepony else, back in the kitchen. “And as if that wasn’t bad enough, the Queen, bless Her soul, is requesting the most bizarre dishes... Eyes Cream? Pop Rocks? Liquor Rice? Cotton Candy?”

A light pink earth pony trotted over and poked her head into the kitchen. “Yes, Medley?”

“ Cotton Candy, have you ever heard of Liquor Rice before? Can you even make drinks out of rice? So absurd...”

A look of confusion spread over Rainbow Dash’s face. First the Queen is making faces at me... now she’s asking for sweets like ice cream and licorice... It’s totally crazy, but there’s only one possible explanation for all this! She turned and raced up the stairs.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
600 AD
Sugardia Castle — Queen Diane’s Chamber

Rainbow Dash was led into the Queen’s chamber by her personal guards. While this room had some rough edges, like the standard torches and stone walls, it still managed to feel quite cozy. A roaring fireplace in the corner provided a comforting warmth and light to the room. The Queen’s bed was made with smooth silken sheets, underneath a swooping lace canopy. A few handmaidens bustled about the room, clearing lunch plates off the table in the center of the room and dusting the room. The chamber was situated at the top of the western tower, and a few tall windows in the back of the room let in some warm afternoon sunlight, as well as providing a terrific view of the Sugardian countryside. In front of the windows, Queen Diane was conversing with one of the handmaidens. Turning, she saw that the rainbow-striped pegasus had arrived.

She smiled warmly. “Aaahh, my distinguished guest has arrived. Quite spleeendid, yes indeed...” She turned back to her handmaiden. “Please excuse us. We have muuuch to discuss.” The handmaidens curtsied and exited the room. The Royal Guards saluted before sealing Rainbow Dash in the chamber, alone with the Queen. She elegantly gestured toward Rainbow Dash. “Please, come cloooser, Miss Dash.”

Rainbow Dash slowly walked closer, a skeptic look on her face. “Queen Diane... is it?”

“Eheh.” Queen Diane’s smile twitched.

“Or actually...”

Mmhmhm.” Her cheeks puffed out as she lost control of her composure.

Rainbow Dash’s eyes narrowed, a bland expression covering her face. “Pinkie Pie.”

Pffttt ahahahaha heeheeheehee *snort* gyahaha!” Pinkie Pie fell and rolled on the ground, laughing uncontrollably and flailing her legs about.

Rainbow Dash sighed, annoyed yet concerned. “What do you think you’re doing? I’d been looking all over for you...”

Pinkie Pie stood up, giggling and wiping a tear from her eye. A black smudge ran along the back of her otherwise-pristine white dress, picked up from the dirty floor she had just been rolling on. “Oh Dashie, I’m sorry for tricking you. It’s just that, after I fell through that scary purple portal thingy, a couple of these knights found me and took me back here to the castle. They kept calling me Queen Diane, and would do anything I asked!” She smiled weakly and looked at the ground. “It was... kinda fun, y’know? Not like back home... with my father...

She shook her head. “But even so...” she squirmed a bit, embarrassed. “That portal... this strange, different version of Sugardia... everypony calling me Queen Diane instead of Pinkie Pie... It was an itty bitty, teensy weensy bit scary.” She smiled sheepishly. “I’m happy that you chased after me.”

Rainbow Dash smirked, embarrassed by the sudden mushiness. She casually threw a leg over Pinkie Pie’s shoulder. “Aww, c’mon, don’t make a huge deal out of it. I’m just glad you’re alright. We just needa chill here a little bit longer. Twilight should be... Hey, you okay?”

Pinkie Pie was wincing and breathing heavily. She forced a smile. “Uh huh. I just have a bit of a tummy-ache. Guess I shouldn’t have eaten so many sweets, heehee... But can you blame me? I mean, every time I finished a snack, they’d bring out two more, and before I knew it... AHHHHH!” She screamed in pain, collapsing to the floor.

“Pinkie Pie! What is it? What’s wrong?!”

Her face was twisted in pain, as tears rolled down her face. “I-I don’t know... I feel like I’m being torn apart from the inside... Dash, I’m scared...” But Rainbow Dash could do nothing but stand by helplessly.

Pinkie Pie started to glow with a white pale light. Her eyes opened wide in terror, as she reached a hoof out toward Rainbow Dash. “I’m scared! I don’t want to disappear! Please help me! RAINBOW DASH!!!”

The room reverberated with a crystalline smash, as Pinkie Pie suddenly and inexplicably disappeared. Horrified, Rainbow Dash realized that she was alone in the room, and that for the second time today, her new friend had vanished before her eyes.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
600 AD
Sugardia Castle

“Ah, miss, has Her Highness concluded her business with you? Miss? Where are you...”

Rainbow Dash flew. She flew out of the Queen’s chamber, down the hallway, and dove into the staircase. She was scared senseless. She wasn’t even scared of what the guards would do to her when they realized that their “Queen” had disappeared while she had been alone with her. That thought wasn’t even crossing her mind. She was more focused on the fact that her friend had disappeared in front of her eyes, again. But this time was different. Before, at the Telepod, it had been confusing and a little surprising, but in the end, Pinkie Pie turned out to be safe and sound. This time... she had been crying. In pain. Terrified. Pleading not to disappear. This was far beyond anything that Rainbow Dash could comprehend right now.

She reached the bottom of the tower’s staircase, and raced along the corridor leading to the castle’s entrance. She couldn’t face this alone now. She couldn’t think straight. Right now, she needed a friend. She needed...

It was at this moment that a familiar voice drifted down the corridor. The voice was faint, as it drifted from far off, but the pony in question was projecting her voice quite forcefully.

“...NAMED. RAINBOW. DASH. HAVE. YOU. SEEN. HER?”

Her eyes opening wide, Rainbow Dash raced to the exit — no longer fleeing the earlier scene in the tower, but now to confirm the source of the voice. Sure enough, a familiar purple unicorn was conversing with the two guards at the entrance. She was using an exceedingly loud and deliberate voice, and was providing elaborate pantomimes with each word.

“SHE. IS. A. PEGASUS. WITH. A. SPIKY. RAINBOW. MANE.”

The guards exchanged a silent glance. Terrific, they thought. Another wierdo.

Rainbow Dash smiled in relief as she raced ahead. “Twi!”

Twilight Sparkle turned and gasped. “Rainbow Dash! You were here! I just knew it!”

The two old friends rushed together and hugged, each thoroughly relieved to see the other. Breaking the embrace, they both grinned at each other.

One of the guards sighed and placed a hoof to his forehead. “Of course the two of you know each other...”

Twilight Sparkle turned to face the guard and bellowed. “ I. FOUND. HER. THIS. IS. MY. FRIEND.”

Rainbow Dash kicked her friend in the flank. “Stop acting like such a doofus,” she said through gritted teeth. “He can understand you just fine.”

He stared blankly ahead. “Yes. Yes we can.”

The unicorn blushed and grinned sheepishly. “Oh... heh heh... sorry.” Looking around, she beckoned for her friend to follow her, away from the guards’ earshot.

“This is incredible!” Twilight Sparkle beamed to her friend, once they had reached a sufficient distance. “That Gate — that strange purple vortex that appeared at my Telepod — it didn’t send us to a different location. It send us to a complete different time period! Rainbow, you’re not going to believe this, but we’re actually in the past! We’re in the year 600 AD!”

“Yeah. I managed to figure that much out on my own...”

Twilight Sparkle looked excitedly around the chambers. “Wow! 7th century Sugardia Castle! The layout and structure looks just like it does in our time (which I know from my regular visits, of course), but seeing it with this old-fashioned decor is just so... so... unbelievable! I’ll have to spend some time here taking extensive notes, maybe a few rough sketches... of course, not until we save...” She gasped suddenly, and turned to Rainbow Dash, eyes shining brightly. “Did you find her? Is she here?!”

Rainbow Dash’s mind was filled with Pinkie Pie’s terrified scream. “Yeah... I found her... but...”

Eeee!!!” Twilight Sparkle giddily hopped back and forth between her front and hind legs. “Rainbow Dash, you are. NOT. Going to believe this. The name she told you was just an alias! You’ll never guess who she actually is!” She grinned widely at Rainbow Dash, leaning in face-to-face.

“Uhh... was that rhetorical? Or...”

EEEE SHE’S PRINCESS PINKAMENA!” She exploded, unable to contain her fangirl joy any longer, hugging herself tightly.

“Uwa? Pinkie Pie is... a princess?” Something clicked in Rainbow Dash’s head. “Waitwaitwait... Princess Pinkamena? The one you’re always stalking, and obsessing over, and blabbing on and on about? That Princess Pinkamena?!”

“I know, I know!” She pulled on her face with her hooves, devastated. “I was within leg’s reach of her and I didn’t even realize it! And what was up with that ‘disguise’? I mean, ‘Pinkie Pie’? Curling her mane? How was that supposed to fool aaahahaha...” She giggled nervously as her face turned bright fuchsia. “I-I mean, even I, her most faithful fan, could not ascertain her true identity... Heh.

“Never mind that now!” she continued, glancing around rapidly. “Is she here? Will I actually get to meet her? And rescue her? Will she like me? Oh, I hope she’ll like me...”

Rainbow Dash’s eyes fell to the floor. “Twi, she’s not here anymore. She... She’s gone.”

“Gone.” Twilight Sparkle echoed, emotionlessly. For a moment, the word had no meaning to her. Suddenly, she lunged at Rainbow Dash, pinning her against the stone wall. “GONE?!”

Shhh! Keep your voice down!” Rainbow Dash whispered tersely, glancing nervously down the hall to the guards. Luckily, the guards were actively trying with all of their might to ignore the two ponies.

What. Do. You. Mean. Gone?” Twilight Sparkle whispered back through gritted teeth.

Rainbow Dash explained what had transpired in Twilight Sparkle’s absence: how Pinkie Pie had been found, mistaken for Queen Diane, taken to Sugardia Castle, and then... how she had vanished. Twilight Sparkle slowly calmed down and listened contemplatively, but by the end of the tale, she was wide-eyed and pale.

“No... no, no... nonononono!” She hopped around on her hooves as if the floor was made of lava, before rubbing her eyes with a hoof. “This is bad! I was worried when I found out that we were in the past, but to think that she could have diverted the time stream so much as to disappear...”

“What? I don’t get it! Why did she disappear? Twilight, what happened?!”

Twilight Sparkle used her magic to retrieve a quill and scroll from her saddlebags. She quickly drew a stick figure of a pony on the right end of the scroll. “Okay, look. Pinkie Pie — or rather, Princess Pinkamena — is the Princess of Sugardia in our time. Therefore, that would mean Queen Diane was Princess Pinkamena’s great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother.” Twilight Sparkle continued, drawing some more stick figures towards the left, covering the scroll. “...four, five, six... yes.”

“Wait,” Rainbow Dash stopped her. Twilight Sparkle paused and waited to answer her question. “So, Pinkamena is the Princess of Sugardia?”

“...”

“...what? I assumed she was Princess of Chorse, or...”

“Now, Queen Diane, as you’ve found out, went missing in this era. In actuality, according to my history books, she was foalnapped by one of Nightmare Moon’s minions! But she was later rescued by one of her personal guards.”

Rainbow Dash was confused. “But... they didn’t find the real Queen Diane. They found Pinkie Pie up in Equus Canyon after she appeared here.”

“Exactly! We changed history by traveling back in time. Her search party was called off when they suddenly found the Princess (presumably, they look quite similar, being related and all). Which means, the real Queen Diane is still being held hostage. And... if something terrible were to happen to her...” She crossed Queen Diane’s stick figure out, slowly working her way down the row of ponies.

Rainbow Dash’s eyes went wide as she caught Twilight Sparkle’s meaning. “...Pinkie will never be born! Does... does that mean we’re already too late?”

Twilight Sparkle shook her head slowly. “I don’t know... I’ve never witnessed a Grandmother’s Paradox before. It could be instant, there might be a ripple effect... or maybe I’m completely wrong about this. But right now, I can only think of one possible option to save the Princess.”

“Rescuing Queen Diane! The real one!”

“Right! Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any other information about Queen Diane’s capture in my books... You’ve been here in the past longer than I have. Do you have any ideas?”

Okay... Think, Dash, think. She racked her brain, stepping backwards through her day. Pinkie vanishing... trying to get some food... ugh, I’m still hungry... that fighting captain and chef... meeting the King, and his...

She gasped. “There was this assistant! This... Chancellor pony! She was acting all weird, and kept glaring at me!”

“Oookay,” Twilight Sparkle winced, trying to stay encouraging. “That’s not a whole lot to go on, though. What was so strange about her?”

“She... well...” Rainbow Dash paused. Like before, she couldn’t easily define what was odd about the Chancellor. “I dunno, she just... really seemed pissed that I was here. I guess it doesn’t matter though. She already left the castle. Said she was heading off to the...” She suddenly remembered a yellow pony in a large cowboy hat. “Braeburn!”

“The Braeburn? I haven’t heard of that place before... Is it the name of a tavern?” She began flipping through one of the books she had brought with her.

“ Braeburn’s not a tavern, he’s a pony! Well, I met him in a tavern... Anyway! He told me this rumor! He said that the Queen might be held captive in this abbey west of here. But that didn’t make any sense, because the Queen had already been found in Equus Canyon...”

Twilight Sparkle’s eyes lit up. “They didn’t find the Queen there! They found our Princess Pinkamena! That rumor might be true after all!”

Rainbow Dash’s face drained. “And that creepy Chancellor mare said she was heading to the abbey! She left a little while ago!”

“Then there’s not much time! We need to hurry to that abbey and save the Queen!” Nodding, the two ponies raced out of the castle’s front gate. After they had travelled out of sight, the two guard ponies sighed.

“I miss fighting endless hoards of monsters.”

“Yep.”