• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 1,667 Views, 74 Comments

Shooting Star - Phoenix Nebula



Twilight and Flash find out that Flash is one of the 6 guardians of Harmony. Flash discovers he has powers never seen by pony eyes before, when Twilight ends up in danger he must unlock these abilities to save her. Will he succeed, or will he fail?

  • ...
48
 74
 1,667

Enchanted

Chapter 2: Enchanted



"F-Flash?" Twilight approached Flash her personal guard who was glowing, literally glowing!

"Hmm, Yes princess?" Flash pulled the ear buds out of his ears. As soon as he did, he stopped glowing. Twilight blinked a few times then lifted an eyebrow.

"U-Um, i-it's just...Um..." Twilight was trying to wrap her head around what she just saw."Y-you were l-literally glowing." Flash's eyes grew a little wide for a sec.

"Y-you saw that. Dammit! I thought I had that under control."

"Had what under control?"

"Well, for some reason whenever I listen to music by Pony City, I randomly glow it's strange, so I usually keep it a secret."

"You like that band too, interesting..." Twilight rubbed her chin. " Oh! sorry I was thinking. I was measuring your energy levels and I noticed something interesting."

"What?" Flash cocked an eyebrow.

"Well the same thing happens to me when I listen to Pony City, and your energy readings were similar to mine."

"Wow this is getting kind of spooky."

"Tell me about it. Here place the recorder on the table and play it, while' it's playing I'll measure both are energy readings." Twilight explained. Flash did as he was told and unplugged the ear buds. Twilight and Flash sat side by side. Twilight turned on the energy reading device and Flash played "Gold" on the recorder. The both of them closed their eyes as they listened. Simultaneously they started to glow. They both thought about the same thing: Twilight thought about Flash and her hugging. Flash thought the same thing. As the a song played the energy reading device printed out data on a long piece of paper. When the song concluded Twilight and Flash turned to each other. Twilight blushed at her previous thoughts. The both of them were still glowing though.

"Um, Twilight..." Flash started. Twilight was surprised this was the first time he called her by her real name. "I-I know this may sound weird but um... I want you to know I-I-I like you..." Flash winced at his words. Twilight started to blush as her eyes grew wider. 'H-He likes me' Twilight thought.

"Y-you l-like me?"

"Sorry for making you feel awkward. I-it's just that when I first saw your picture I wanted to meet you. Shortly after I went through a heartbreaking loss, I almost gave up on my life. The only thing that kept me going was the thought that I could meet you some day. When I finally met you, I wanted to tell you how I felt." Flash sighed and looked at the floor. The glow around him started to fade. Twilight was shocked. She knew she impacted a lot of ponies lives, but not to the point to where they lived on just to someday meet her. Twilight felt touched.

"F-Flash that's..." Twilight bit her lip."Th-that's so sweet." Flash perked up and met Twilight's gaze."I-I also wanted to tell you the same. But what made you want to meet me so badly?"

"Well, when I think about you I think how rare a mare like you is. Your like a shooting star, you shine so brightly and are so rare. Whenever I felt like giving up the thought of you made me think 'Not this time' no matter what came my way thought of meeting you kept me going." Flash sighed. Twilight never felt so warm inside to have some pony so determined to meet her it was "magical" absolutely "magical".

"F-Flash I-I don't know what to say. To be honest before I first met you I felt like there was this hole in my heart." Twilight leaned in closer. Flash did the same."Honestly even with such great friends I still felt something missing in my life. After I met you, something told me you were that missing piece."

"Twilight you are the most amazing mare I ever met." The two of them leaned in closer as they locked lips. Suddenly, they both started to shine as they kissed. Neither of them wanted it to end. Twilight felt the void in her heart disappear as thoughts of Flash flooded in.

"Wow," Flash breathed as they broke away. Twilight smiled at him with contentment and stars in her eyes."You smell nice too" Flash added. Twilight burst out laughing at his comment.

"Thanks" Twilight giggled. The two of them just looked into each others eyes, not trying to spoil the moment. Suddenly Flash's ear twitched.

"You hear that?" He suddenly spoke. Twilight listened for something.

"Yeah I do it sounds like..." Twilight's pupils shrank as her eyes grew large, her ears flopped down and her face turned red. Flash cocked an eyebrow then followed her gaze leading to the direction of the noise. The sound was coming from the front door. Flash walked over to the door and opened it. Five mares fell through the front door.

"Oh, I knew it was Flash Sentry," Said a white unicorn with a curly purple mane.

"Um... hi?" Flash cocked an eyebrow a bit confused. Flash looked back at Twilight who was hiding her head behind her right wing. Flash looked back at the five mares.

"He looks strong too," Said a blond orange earth pony.

"YAAAAAAAY PARTY!" A pink puffy maned earth pony yelled out. Flash lurched back.

"Um, Twilight do you know these ponies?" Flash walked back next to Twilight. Twilight stood up and faced the five mares.

"Flash these are my friends: Applejack," Twilight pointed to the orange earth pony."Rarity," She pointed to the white unicorn."Rainbow Dash," She pointed to a rainbow maned Pegasus."Pinkie Pie," She pointed to the pink earth pony." And Fluttershy ," She pointed to a yellow pink maned Pegasus." Girls you know Flash he's been assigned to be my royal guard and he's also my... coltfriend now" Twilight chuckled weakly.

"YAAAAAA! Welcome to ponyville/Twilight's got a royal guard/coltfriend PARTY!" Pinkie screamed. Suddenly the party pony pulled out a DJ station, a DJ, a stage, colored spotlights, and a karaoke set up. They were also suddenly inside a circus tent. Flash looked around trying to comprehend what just happened. He looked over to Twilight. She gave him a: 'You'll get use to it,' look.

--------------------

The night went on as they partied. Flash talked and got to learn about all of Twilight's friends. Near the end of the party Pinkie walked up to the microphone.

"Hey everypony!!" She yelled."I got a new song by Pony City. This is actually a mash up between Adam Young's enchanted and Taylor Swift's 'Enchanted', this song is for Twilight and Flash," Flash and Twilight looked at each other a bit worried.

"I-I don't know, I don't sing," Flash stated. It was to late to turn back though, both of them had been pushed up to the mic's. Twilight looked a bit worried as wall. As soon as the song started Flash and Twilight read the lyrics. As they sang the two of them began to glow. Every pony looked in awe as the two of them sang. Not only were they glowing but there singing was unquestionably amazing. They continued to sing as they Shined brighter. Spike ran back into the library and grabbed the energy reading device. When he got back he pointed it at Flash and Twilight as they sang. Twilight's five friends walked over to the device in Spike's hands.

"Ah'm not a scientist but Ah'm sure that this is not normal," A.J stated. When the song ended Flash and Twilight turned and bowed. They turned look out from the stage. They saw that they attracted almost all of ponyville. Every pony was staring wide eyed mouths agape. One pony started clapping then two then four then eight, soon everyone was clapping, cheering, and whistling. Twilight and Flash walked down from the stage and walked over to there friends.

"What's going on," Twilight chuckled a little.

"See for yourself," Spike handed Twilight a long piece of paper. Twilight grabbed the paper and looked at it. She lifted an eyebrow then suddenly folded her ears back in embarrassment.

"W-where we glowing again?" Twilight blushed. There friends just nodded. Twilight looked over at Flash, he gave her a smile which made her feel better. She returned the smile and gave him a peck on the cheek and hugged him. Flash was taken completely off guard by the gesture but just smiled and returned the hug. The five mares all d'aawed at the the show of affection by the couple.

--------------------


Twilight and Flash and Twilight walked back to the library with Spike already in bed. Twilight was about to go to her room but stopped.

"Flash," She said softly

"Yes Twily," Flash answered. Twilight gave him puppy-dog eyes. Flash just smiled as the two walked to the spare room. They sat down on the bed in the spare room. Twilight leaned forward and kissed Flash. He returned the kiss. They both fell asleep in each others arms. Twilight finally had some pony to call her own and she wouldn't have it any other way. Little did she know that there was some thing to come that would change her life forever and how important Flash really is to her.

---To be continued---

Author's Note:

I hope you'r liking the story so far.

Don't worry in the next chapter will have some action in it so don't worry.

Also hear's the link to the song that Twilight and Flash were singing karaoke to:Adam Young and Taylor Swift