• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 1,666 Views, 74 Comments

Shooting Star - Phoenix Nebula



Twilight and Flash find out that Flash is one of the 6 guardians of Harmony. Flash discovers he has powers never seen by pony eyes before, when Twilight ends up in danger he must unlock these abilities to save her. Will he succeed, or will he fail?

  • ...
48
 74
 1,666

It Begins

Chapter 1: It Begins



Twilight was, as usual, sitting in her ponyville home reading a book. Spike was cleaning when he belched out a plume of fire and a letter appeared. Twilight grabbed the letter and opened it. She proceeded to read it.

Dear Twilight Sparkle, it has come to my attention that I have not assigned you your own royal guard. As a princess, it is important you have protection, so Princess Cadence suggested Flash Sentry and I agreed. He should be arriving soon after you get this letter. I hope things are going well.

--Sincerely,

Princess Celestia.

She read the letter again to make sure she read it right. She couldn't believe it. It was great to have some more company, but this was better. Twilight had a crush on Flash Sentry, well she had formed a crush on his human counterpart when she was in the other world. She bumped into the pony version of him both before and after she went to the other world. She liked him, but he's probably much different from his human version because they've lived two different lives. He probably doesn't even like her the same way she likes him. A knock at the door brought her back to reality as she stood up.

"Coming!" she called as she walked to the door.

--------------------

The train slowed to a stop as Flash waited to get off. He was very excited. He got to be the personal guard for a princess, but not just any princess, the most beautiful mare in all of Equestria, Princess Twilight Sparkle. He sighed happily as her name passed through his mind. He remembered the first day he saw her picture, the second he saw her he knew she was the one. When he finally met her he was on duty, so he had to keep his composure. The only problem was that she's a princess, he was lucky if she even remembered his name. Also, she might have eyes for somepony else already.

"Hmm," he hummed to himself as he stepped off the train. He walked to the exit and looked around. He thought it was kinda weird that a princess lived in a tree house library, but from what he heard she is very intelligent, which he thought was really great. His last fillyfriend was very smart, but she was always overconfident. Flash suddenly felt a pain in his heart as he thought about how she broke it. That was probably the worst day of his life. He shook his head and refocused. He walked up to the front door of the library and knocked on the door.

"Coming!" came a voice familiar voice. That voice was so beautiful he felt all his bad memories leave his mind.

--------------------

Twilight opened the door, she suddenly felt her heart beat faster. Right in front of her was a tall orange pegasus stallion with a two toned blue mane. His cutie-mark was a two toned blue shield behind a yellow lightning bolt. He was wearing golden armor with his helmet under his right wing. On his chest plate there was a lavender six pointed star emblem that resembled Twilight's cutie-mark. Twilight gulped, not sure what to say.

"It's a pleasure to meet you again Princess Twilight sparkle," The stallion bowed to her. Twilight took a deep breath and spoke.

"I-I'm glad to meet you again too Flash sentry," Twilight smiled weakly. She felt so nervous, that her face heated up.

"Y-You remembered me?" Flash was very surprised. He couldn't believe a mare of such importance remembered someone as unimportant as him

"Of course I remember you," She replied with a smile. He returned her smile eagerly."Well I guess I should show you in?" Flash nodded and walked in closing the door behind him. Flash looked around in awe at all the books on the wall. Twilight chuckled at the look on his face as he looked around.

"You really like books," Flash said still looking round. "I heard you were really smart."

"Thanks, but I'm not all that great," Twilight responded sheepishly. Flash cocked an eyebrow. She seems modest.

"Really? From what I've heard your intelligence is what helped you become a princess. If you ask me that's quite a feat," Twilight felt strange. He was so nice.

"Th-that's very nice of you, thanks"

"Your welcome Princess, but it's true I've heard so much about you princess and you’re amazing. You’re obviously very important to many ponies." Twilight is always being showered with praise, but coming from the pony she liked it felt amazing. Twilight blushed and ran a hoof through her mane. He seemed perfect, if this wasn't a sign that he was the one then she didn’t know what was. A few minutes later Twilight proceeded to show Flash around. They walked over to Spike.

"Spike, You remember Flash?" Twilight said."He's going to be my personal royal guard."

"Hey nice to meet you Spike," Flash held out his hoof. Spike reached up and shook Flash's hoof. Spike looked at Twilight with a smirk on his face. She just glared at him. Flash watched the exchange and cocked an eyebrow, a bit confused. She continued to show him around till they got to the spare room.

"And this is where you'll stay," Twilight showed Flash into the room."Sorry it's not much."

"What are you talking about, there's more room in here than my quarters back in Canterlot," he smiled at her. He walked over to the spare bed and pulled his helmet out from under his right wing, inside the helmet pulled a bag out. He set his helmet on the side table next to the bed. Flash reached into the bag and proceeded to pull things out. He pulled out a small pillow, a blanket, a book, tape recorder with head phones, and a few tapes. The last thing he pulled out was a super dense dumbbell labeled 100 Lb. Twilight looked at the weight then at Flash. She suddenly noticed his muscles. They were hard to see under his armor but they were there. Twilight blushed and looked away when she realized she was starring.

"Now what?" She asked after he finished unpacking.

"You just go about your day as I just stand guard and protect you," he responded.

"Oh, OK. Then I'm going back to my reading." Twilight then left the room and closed the door. A minute later Flash put on his helmet, grabbed his tape recorder slipped in his ear buds and walked out.

-------------------

Flash walked into the main library where Twilight was running back and forth between books and lab equipment. She was writing things down and looking at a multitude of charts and graphs. Flash chuckled as he watched the mare work. She was in the zone. He walked over near the front door and took his guarding position. He turned on his music and closed his eyes. He just listened to his music. For some reason the image of Twilight popped into his mind. He didn't mind it though the thought of Twilight smiling made him feel good so he didn't ignore it.

--------------------

"Let's see if I turn this up by 5.96 degrees F for 1.72 seconds then..." Twilight suddenly turned her attention from her work to Flash. He was smiling and humming. But that wasn't what caught her attention, what caught her attention was the fact that He was literally glowing. She stood up and stepped closer. As she got closer Flash started to glow brighter, she reached over to a device on the table next to her. She pointed the device at Flash as it scanned him, the screen on the device lit-up as it gave energy readings. Twilight cocked an eyebrow and thought,'What is this?'

---To be continued---

Author's Note:

Ya my first chapter of over 20 of my first Story of several.

I hope you enjoy.