• Published 2nd May 2012
  • 22,922 Views, 239 Comments

A Warm Summer's Evening - TAW



Twilestia shipping

  • ...
29
 239
 22,922

Chapter 3

Five months later, Luna sat on the throne once more, playing her part in a political meeting between the Equestrian government and the Griffon ambassador, working out the last few details of a trade agreement. It was shockingly dull, but these things had to be done.

Just half a year ago, Celestia would never have allowed Luna to take part. She could do it, she didn't need any help. Luna should be out enjoying herself, or resting, or any number of things that weren't her royal heritage. Not now, though.

To top it all off, though the meeting was surely boring Celestia to death too, she was smiling. Truly and honestly smiling, not the fake smile she had so often worn, but the smile of somebody who is content with their lot. Luna had more things to thank Twilight than she could find time for, but that smile was the main one. It wasn't the practised, "could silence a room" smile, it was just an honest one.

Luna knew why, as well. Twilight was on a train even now, as they hammered out the last few details, and Celestia had taken the rest of the night off. Apparently they were going to buy a telescope and find a nice position somewhere on the mountain to gaze from. Luna had Celestia's word that should she pull any pranks, Celestia would have her thrown in the dungeons. Luna didn't doubt it. She considered writing another message or two anyway.

That was something else Luna had to thank Twilight for. The constant, unending stream of letters both to and from Celestia that made even the loneliest night so much more enjoyable. Luna knew that if a copy of the letter where Celestia had managed to insert three hearts into the word "Twily" were ever to make it to a printing press, Celestia would never live it down. She would never do it, of course, but she loved to see her sister blush when she threatened.

Luna smiled too.

Comments ( 162 )

Shipfic by TAW with no clop in it?

WHAAAAAAAAT.

Damn this timing.
I have to go into the secure lab in 5 minutes and stay there all fucking day. :pinkiecrazy:
Read later FTW

What about some MOAR clop?:twilightblush:

Before reading, I'll put it out there:
Shipping? Without Horse-sex? Who are you and what have you done with TAW:rainbowderp:
Second non-clop fic I believe?
Always fun to see how people do out of their comfort zone...or at least seeing some variety:twilightsheepish:
Onwards to Twilestia:twilightsmile:

TAW - clop?

HOLY SHIT.

Define full sized, for me that's around the 100.000 word mark :twilightsheepish:

It is my favorite pairing though

oh
oh my

so this is what you were talking about the other time

TAW WITHOUT CLOP!!!!
MIND=BLOWN!!!!
tracking lolz

533221
That's a lie and you know it.

The description began with the word "Because" that means clop begins roughly 15 - 30 lines in.

What I said before proved to be right: I want more! :twilightsheepish:

more Celestia not knowing what to do with herself, more Twilight freaking out over missed deadlines, more cuddley kissy goodness, and finally: more Twilight picking up Celestia with her magic. :twilightsmile:

Looking forward to the next one.

To be honest, I kinda see this turning into a double ship fic... Like please, luna may be really happy for luna, but 1000 years on the moon, then doing all this royalty stuff while her sister is grinning like an idiot because her and her mare friend are going out star gazing in about an hour on the mountains MUST yank the jealosy strings so hard there a meter out of her chest!

This is good work. I would like more, and if you decide to add some sexy-time-business to the equation I would not be adverse to that.... but it hasn't suffered without it.

EDIT: Oh it's complete... well then I guess I will have to find another source for my twilestia addiction... oh well it was still a good read.

A very sweet tale. I enjoyed how quietly they slid into the relationship. Good work.

Alright, finished this behemoth of TAW-ness
Guess I'll write as I read.
=
First chapter was perfect spelling and grammar-wise. Always great in my book, but often ignored;
All very in character.
-
"Celestia help her, she had no idea." - Pretty funny when you think about it. At least Luna stepped up to help

It seems that the instances you used the é for café were changed to 'café', how unfortunate:twilightsheepish:

I found it appropriate that "Can't fight this feeling anymore" by REO Speedwagon & Can't Lose by Shiro Sagisu (off the Bleach OST) came on during my reading of this.

'Somebody had stolen her coffee! "Prin- Celestia, where did my coffee go?" ':rainbowlaugh:

You used an actual salt bar:rainbowkiss: Excellent way to incorperate show canon elements

' "TWO THOUSAND YEARS, TWILIGHT." Celestia suddenly yelled.' - I actually laughed aloud from reading that line

By the letters exchange, I was tearing a bit. I mean smiley faces? Really:rainbowwild:

The verbal back-and-forth between Celestia and Luna while she tries to deny any feelings toward Twilight? Nicely done as well.

Spike in regards to getting sick from eating not only the muffin but the ice cream as well was a nice touch, makes him feel even more in character.

"It was just practise, going through the motions - not the e-motions." - I REALLY like this line, not only is it fun to read, but it also correctly uses "practise".:pinkiehappy:

"Celestia sighed. This was harder in person than it was in letters - all she wanted to do was heart the dots on her is" - missing an apostrophe "i's"?

' "Celestia" and "Love" fitted together...' - Sounds alright, but maybe they "fit together perfectly in Twilight's mind", even if it does break from past to present tense for a second:unsuresweetie:
Also, that entire paragraph of explanation? Very Twilight. It's reenforced by what we've seen from Twilight in the show.

'Twilight smiled. "Celestia, I studied under you for years. I already know you're worth it." ' - Awwww:heart:

'Celestia glared at him with the full force of the sun and over two thousand years of practice, stress, and repressed hatred.' - At this point, "Drama Link (b)", off of the Ren & Stimpy original music score, played. Very fitting (Old show sound bits will do that)

"Twilight, I made most of those rules. I can't enjoy them, it's like casting your own spell - you just see all the imperfections, it ruins it," Celestia explained.
- THIS. This line man, I know that feel:raritydespair: Anyone who's created anything knows that feeling. Probably many on this site as well. (Although in my case it applies more to art and music, rather than writing:twilightsheepish:)

"When Celestia refused to move, Twilight picked her up and carried her in an intense magical glow. Twilight did not get turned down often." - "...And I'm not taking no for an answer!" Sounds very familiar.:ajsmug:

' "Celestia!" she exclaimed, "You stop that this instant. Come on, look through this," she commanded' - Twilight retains her air of leadership, even when the subject is Celestia.

"It was 1500 light years away, was shaped like a head, played a large part in the Orion constellation, and oh gosh Celestia was kissing her." - I did a double-take when I read that. Nicely done.

What a light hearted way to end the chapter.
-
Chapter 3 was nice & simple way to wrap up the story. That's all I really have to say about it.
=
All in all, I liked the way you wrote Celestia. Too many parts that were fun to read. The way she reacts with Twilight is excellent! Looking out for her, but also having her fun (I wonder which irritating 'celebrity' couple was rained on due to Twi's haste/aero style spell).

TAW, you're aweso- scratch that, TAWesome:twilightsmile:
...
(:facehoof:)

This only proves once again that I can pretty much read and enjoy anything by you (given the time:twilightblush:)
...
I may or may not have opened up notepad alongside reading this to take notes;

Sorry for this wall of text, and keep doing what you do!:yay:
(PS. Thumbs up'd and Favourited, if it wasn't obvious already)
(PPS. TL:DR - This is well done, you rock & you should do more of it)

this one doesn't need clop to be good. it's just that damn good. it's the perfect size, perfect length and the story played out perfectly. you sir, deserve a mustache.:moustache:

On an Unrelated topic, the way they draw celestia's eye is just stunning.
GAH. TOO MANY PONIES. THINK MANLY THOUGHTS AND EAT MANLY FOOD WHILE LISTENING TO MANLY MUSIC

The description alone earned a thumb from me.
I'll read it later.

Nice!
You're pretty good at writing non-clop stories as well (as evidenced by Unchangeable and this) :pinkiesmile:

LMAO at the description:rainbowlaugh:

TAW

533261
Oh, there'll be more of that, don't worry.
533284
I know, I'm crazy. Crazy!
533375
Even princesses can make typos! It was totally intentional I swear maybe almost
533415
A coherent story arc from start to finish, a self-contained piece. Length is proportional to how much you have to say.
533615>>533619>>533644
I mark almost everything complete if it's a self-contained one-shot, but that doesn't preclude more, it just means that it ideally shouldn't leave any strings hanging
533661
Thank you... I think!
533690
Bueno.

TAW

533904
The conversations were meant to establish a baseline for Celestia being more vulnerable than usually depicted, and everything else kind of spirals off of that, without them I'd completely agree with everything you said. I absolutely do ignore the complications, but at the same time they're never touched on at all - they aren't what this story is about. It's very much a generic >shipping tale with few new or interesting ideas, but we all have to start somewhere.

533922

Too many people equate generic with bad, but there's a reason why it is considered the 'standard' I for one would love to read more :twilightsmile:

TAW

533964
Absolutely, but his (now vanished) criticisms were perfectly valid.

i will read. anyway before i do wanna A. read my story B. join my group C. both D. nether.

Aww. No clop? :applecry::fluttercry::fluttershbad::fluttershyouch::fluttershysad::raritycry::raritydespair::rainbowhuh::unsuresweetie::duck:

Still, it was a quite enjoyable read.

3rd Post: Now you've been featured!:pinkiegasp:
Congrats Sir TAW:pinkiehappy:

TAW

534239
Maybe later ;)

This is best Twilestia shipfic.

> Because sometimes
Oh coola new TAW fic.
> Doesn't end in horse sex
Oh, my bad, thought you were TAW.

That was some excellent twilestia, right there

Loved it, the ease in which they slipped into the relationship was great change of pace from many Twilestia fics.

this was the
best
thing
ever
for realsies
i loved it as much as your clop
i now remember why i followed you in the first place

Adorabubble! A little short and perhaps rushed, but good nonetheless. Well deserving of a thumbs-up. :twilightsmile:

535320
I'm not that good at drawing anything but pixel art or I'd do it... :pinkiesad2: I WILL ASK AROUND!!! :pinkiecrazy:

535367 send me a link if it ever gets done
i wana see it

I liked it. You keep it short and sweet, even when celestial goddesses are involved.

Quite the feat indeed.

So fave'd and thumbs up!

535373
Certainly, good sir!

y the buck everyone always portray ponies as lesbians its dumb.:flutterrage: id rather read something about straight ones honestly.:facehoof: Not sure if Hub ever goin to allow for sexual orientations of ponies to be different since we already know rarity is straight.:moustache:

You have proven yourself to be quite the talented writer. You don't need sex in your stories to be good. Most people who are good at clop can't write a clean story for crap. I tip my hat to you.

UH OH Celestia is turning into Molestia, but oh well it's getting good anyway so BRING IT ON!!!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

Featured Twilestia, marked for reading later, I don't really have the time right now
EDIT: Oh wow, that was awesome

It's good without clop.
I love "adorable hugging and stuff" fics.

Please please PLEASE include more snuggling, and omit clop.
Not that I don't like clop, but it's so dreadfully hard to find a good shipfic like this.

it was good but celestia should of got twillight dehydraded and see what you write after that :trollestia:

533302

Just the description (HA, horse sex) and this picture mean I have to read it. I just hope the hilarity found in the description can continue. :trollestia::twilightsmile:

At first I thought:
"TAW with no clop? Not part of the norm, but Unchangeable is good, let's read!"
During I was all:
"Man, I love ships"
"Twilestia is my OTP"
"So. Many. Gigglefits."
After, I feel:
"Must have more!"
"Clop would be neat, but not absolutely necessary."
"Yup. TAW still rocks my socks."

Login or register to comment