• Published 29th Dec 2014
  • 9,561 Views, 3,428 Comments

A Dangerous Sparkle - David Silver



Twilight Sparkle botches a spell and ends up in a whole new realm of danger and adventure, where the land is ruled by a much more pragmatic pony empire, ruled by a very mortal queen. A Ponyfinder crossover.

  • ...
40
 3,428
 9,561

PreviousChapters Next
16 - Meanwhile

Back in the magical land of Equestria...

A somewhat haggard Celestia sat upon her throne. What had she missed? Did she not treat Twilight with the proper respect and driven her to run away, or is some dark force at work that has dragged her away to nopony knows where? These thoughts tumbled through her head as a supplicant went into excruciating detail on why the price of mangos was entirely unreasonable in Baltimare and why she should take direct and immediate action.

She gave the applicant soft nods at appropriate times and promised she would investigate with 'all due urgency'. Even while her plans crumbled around her ears, her ponies deserved her time and support. When the mare had left the room, she let out a slow sigh before calling out, "Summon my sister."

It was early in the day for her to be awake, but she had to have seen... something. The doors opened to admit the mistress of the night, who looked like she could use more sleep herself. "Whyfor doth mine sister summon us?" She had slipped into her old fashioned tongue. A soft blush overtook her face as she turned down the volume and tried to combat the old dialect.

Celestia gave a sympathetic smile, "Have you seen her, in the dream world?"

Luna shook her head slowly, "I have not. It is as if she were gone entirely. I am afraid, sister mine, that I should have seen her at this point. She is simply not there to be found."

Celestia's wings flared, disturbing the hanging banners behind her, "She can't be gone! Is she hiding? Is something else concealing her?" As the spike of the moment passed, she sank into her chair and began to sob softly, "My faithful student, where are you..."

Most of the guards silently departed, allowing their ruler her moment. Her sister approached, draping a wing over Celestia, "I do not think she would hide from us. If she was angry, she would tell us." A soft smile overtook her dark face, "Loudly, with pie charts to explain her points."

Celestia giggled amid her crying and sat up to lean against Luna, thankful for her presence. "There has been a lot of pressure on her, now that her princesshood is not in title alone."

Luna frowned, "She would not run away. You know this. At worst, she would panic. We would still find her then. Something has gone wrong, and it is not an anxiety attack."

The sun patterned ruler whispered, "Is she... dead?"

Luna squeezed Celestia tightly, "No! We must not allow such thoughts. Her castle still stands, the tree of harmony is healthy, and the land unbothered. I do not think an enemy of Equestria has moved against us."

"Recently," spat back Celestia, raising a hoof to press against her temple, "We've already had to fill in for her absence once."

Luna nodded slowly, looking thoughtful before she raised a hoof, "Perhaps we should use the other elements."

"They are not the elements any longer," reminded Celestia, "But they are still bound to Twilight." She slid down from the throne and out of her sister's embrace, pacing around the throne room. "Send Pinkemena. She has done the impossible before, and approaches magic in ways we cannot understand. I am certain Twilight's vanishing is no mundane act. If any of her friends were to find her, that would be the one."

Luna gave a salute before snorting at the gesture, "You cannot order me that way, my sister, but I will do as you please." She moved up and brushed against Celestia's side, "Because we are sisters. And I love you."

They spent a moment together, drawing strength from one another before the larger of the sisters returned to her throne and Luna vanished in a dark flash of almost black.

"We will get you back, Twilight," muttered Celestia before she shouted for the next supplicant to enter.

Author's Note:

A short episode, but a required one. Alas, I am being called away, so no more time for typing today! Expect more tomorrow, and leave comments, flood me with typo reports and thoughts!

If you want to support me, check out the Patreon.

PreviousChapters Next