• Published 23rd Dec 2014
  • 594 Views, 3 Comments

Goodbye, See You Soon... - ShylyGirl



Sometimes goodbye are one of the hardest things to say.

  • ...
1
 3
 594

Hey There...

Scootaloo stood at the front gates of the Ponyville Graveyard. The air smell of flowers and mothballs, with a hint of cut grass. She stood there looking out into the plains of tombstones and miles of green grass. There was not a tree to be seen for miles in the place.

Scootaloo bite her lip as she started to trot into the fields and towards two headstones. She had not been in the graveyard for quite awhile. In fact, she used to visit everyday, up until school started up again in the fall and then the CMC was formed, and then the Equestria Games… The list could go on. Scootaloo barely visited anymore, and this was probably one of her last visit too.

Now that Rainbow Dash was becoming part of the Wonderbolts, she had been asked to move up to Cloudsdale for awhile just to get her final training out of the way, and to fill out some paperwork. Rainbow had offered Scootaloo to come up and stay with her, and Scootaloo excepted, not even thinking about how she’ll get there.

Scootaloo stepped towards the tombstones. One read Lotus Sting, next to it showed an earth pony symbol, and the other read Motor Buzz, with a Pegasus symbol. A single tear fell from her eye. These were her parents, and now she was leaving them. Maybe not for good, but she felt terrible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When she was much younger, the filly made a promise to always be with her family through thick and thin. But after a collapsing building accident, she felt separated, distressed. She was at a foal sitter's house that night, she was only about three years old. They were playing a board game on the kitchen table, and Scootaloo was winning, only because the foal sitter was letting her.

The phone rang.

The foal sitter walked over to the phone and pick it up with both hooves. Her eyes began to water as she spoke on the phone. The police were on the phone, alerting her of the accident. Both parents’ backs were broken, killing them instantly.

“What will I tell her?” She cried over the phone.

The phone call lasted only a short amount of time. But to

She rushed over and hugged the pink and orange filly, crying on her shoulder, tear falling all over the floor. Young Scootaloo was confused, she didn’t understand what was going on.

It was not until the guard ponies showed the bodies to the foal sitter and scootaloo, that she had finally figured out that her parents were gone.

The two bodies were lifeless, and their eyes were grayed out. Scootaloo cried night after night, luckily the foal sitter allowed her to live in the house, so she would not have to go to the orphanage. But, Scootaloo still felt alone, and called out in the middle of the night for her parents. Only causing the foal sitter come in the room and calm her back to sleep.

The funeral was very short and sweet. Only close friends attended, leaving Scootaloo on her own, very confused and sad. Everyone that passed her gave her a hug and said they were very sorry for loss.

“You poor thing” they would say.

She cried the most as the two coffins were lowered into the ground. Ponies said their final goodbyes, and soon all went on their own ways. The foal sitter sadly could not afford a wake, a priest to say some final blessings, or a reception.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her only family members were dead. Her mother, her father. But she promised to stay with them, and she tried her best. She visited them, and told them about all the great recent things that had happened to her. Things like a good test grade, or a field trip, or adventures the CMC had been on. But, today was to say goodbye.

“Mom,” She whispered,”Dad.”

Another tear fell onto the grassy floor as she tried to say the words in which she did not want to say. The word she dreaded that one day she would have to say, but she didn't think that day would be today.

“I-I’ve been doing well in school lately...I got a 96 on a math test…” She mentioned. She coughed and began to say what was the real subject at the moment.

“I, uh, am going on a field trip… well more like a trip…” She sighed.”... I don’t know how long I’ll be gone…”

“...Okay, I’m going to Cloudsdale with Rainbow Dash…” She exclaimed.”...I promise I’ll visit you everyday once I get back.”

The wind died down, and the bird stopped chirping. The world was silent for a moment. Scootaloo took that as an “Okay, we’ll miss you sweety..” kind of message.The filly got back up on her hooves.

“Goodbye…” Scootaloo murmured. “I love you guys.”

She walked toward the gates once more, where a blue pegasus mare waited. Her eyes were a bit teary, but she was still able to crack a smile as the filly walked forward.

“You ready?” Rainbow asked.”Are you sure you want to still go?”

Off to Cloudsdale with what felt like a brick in her stomach weighing her down. Scootaloo imagined that the hot air balloon would not be able to take off, since the brick will weigh it down. Then I would not have to leave... She though. But at the same time she wanted to go.

It was now or never, to choose or not to choose. Scoots stallioned-up and made up her mind. This was an experience that she could not give up. She was going.

Scootaloo answered both with a simple “Yes.”

The two walked back toward Ponyville, not a word spoken. Not until the reached the edge of town.

“Thanks for sticking with me this whole time, through thick and thin.” Scootaloo hugged the pegasus. Scoots was tearing up.

“What was I supposed to do? Leave you at orphanage? I’ll always stick with you, I’m the Element of Loyalty after all.” Rainbow Dash cried as she returned the hug. “I love you buddy…”

Author's Note:

Enjoy :scootangel:

Comments ( 3 )

This would have been sad if the execution was a little better. Scootaloo goes to her parents' graves, says, "I'm leaving", and her parents are assumed to respond, "Alright, love you." That's it. No secrets spilled, no conflict between Scoots and her parents (the wind in the trees, or something), nothing else. It seemed short, and while I enjoyed it, it could have been better.

Still, credit where credit is due. For a second fic, this is pretty good.

5414423 Thanks for the feed back, and yes I know it was a bit rushed. The idea just popped in my head and that was about it. But feed back always helps, and maybe today I can make it a bit more interesting! Thank you.

How did you nearly make me cry? I frickin NEVER cry at fanfics! But, whoa. That was powerful to me in ways you will never understand. In order to keep this appropriate i won't cuss , I'll MLP cuss.

HOLY
BUCKING
COW

Login or register to comment