• Published 21st Dec 2014
  • 14,445 Views, 823 Comments

Born For Loyalty - Admiral Q Ponyform



Ryan was a Stormchaser and after being struck by lighting he ends up in Equestria

  • ...
58
 823
 14,445

Life in Clousdale Part 1

Logging in again. It's been a few days since I moved in to my parents house. And yes, they are my parents. While certainly not my human parents, thus they have different personalities to them, even though everything they do reminds me of them. I take no shame in calling them my mom and dad. The place is comfy and warming, although I have to deal with school. Ugh, that was annoying. My knowledge from my old world has made it painful. I blaze through the math and writing areas easily. The only thing slowing me down was Equestrian history which is pretty awesome. These ponies are freaking lucky to live in such a peaceful world and with weather magic. This has been interesting. Her previous study of weather again knocks them out of the park but I'm clueless on messing with it the way pegasi do with their magic. If only Earth had that talent. Well mom's calling, she's taking me to her work so cya later.

Dash put her quill down, shut and locked her log before heading downstairs to the front door.

Dash's new mom was waiting there for her.

“Sorry mom, I was just finishing up a log.” Dash saw the look on her mom's face and did everything in her power not to smirk. She had that 'she called me mom' look. Dash saw that with his sister who adopted a ten year old girl called her mom. Dash was going to miss her sister. The two of them flew off to her mom's work. Mom wanted to show Dash to her racing team. This would certainly be better than school. Dash looked around still in awe about the city. It was so awesome that it was made out of clouds and worked. Screw physics, this was too cool for physics.

Her mom lead her to an area with several obstacles in the middle. Dash followed her mom into the arena's connected building. She was lead into a room that looked like a break room, where she saw several ponies but didn't get any detail before a sound.

'Was that a squee?' The next thing Dash knew, she was being squeezed.

“Oh Firefly, she is so cute!” The mare squeezing Dash said. Dash frowned. She hated that word. She was not cute, she was awesome.

“Rapid Dash you're strangling her.” Her mom said.

“Oh, sorry honey.” Dash could now breathe again. She saw her mom shake her head before addressing everyone.

“Everypony, this is my daughter Rainbow Dash. Dash this is my racing team. You met Rapid Dash already. We also have Sonic Boom, Soundwave, Thruster, and the Team Captain Warhawk.” Dash greeted all of them and like the typical ponies here, very friendly.

“Okay everypony now that we got meeting the cute filly out of the way.”

“I'M NOT CUTE! I'M AWESOME!” Dash interrupted with a frown. This got some chuckles from the team.

“Anyway let's get back to the matter at hoof. We've got a relay race next week so I want to improve our relay skills. I wanna place in the top three this time not the top ten. Rapid Dash, Soundwave, and Firefly will be the primaries they rest of you backup but everypony train hard. Now get out to the field and do your stretches.” The whole group headed out.

Dash went to her mom and asked. “Hey mom what's a primary in racing?” Firefly smiled at her and explained.

“Dash, a primary means that someone is chosen to be the primary racers for the team. If all goes well me Rapid, and Sound will be in the race. But the others have to be ready in case one of us primaries gets injured, sick, or have some other reason that we couldn't race.”

“Makes sense.” Dash was told to sit with Warhawk in a team area while the team themselves did various wing stretches. Dash took note of the stretches and tried to mimic them. Unbeknownst to her Warhawk watched her try this with a critical eye.

Eventually the stretches were over and two teams formed. Dash watched her mother fly up to a certain position with a member of the opposite team. Thruster, if she remembered right, next to her and they floated there. When everyone was in position she saw Warhawk go over to a cloud just floating there and hit with a hoof. It gave a lighting bolt in reply and the ponies took off. Turning back to the racers and saw the first pair racing through the course.

'Oh so that was the gunshot to start the race. Nice.' Dash watched the teams go through the course. It was just as entertaining as the Wonderbolts. When the hand off, or hoof off in this case, happened Dash noticed something else. Instead of a baton, they passed off a horseshoe shaped item. That made sense too, considering hooves were different than hands. When her mom got the 'baton' she shot away and Dash knew there was no way she would beat her mom in a race. She was fast. 'Can't beat ya now mom but one day... One day.' She watched her mom barely squeak out a win. She cheered her mother's victory and her mother floated nearby and ruffled her hair.

The teams were given a short rest before Warhawk wanted them to do one hundred laps.

“Can I try that captain?” Dash asked. Warhawk eyed her wearily.

“You're a little young for that kid.”

“Please I just want to try.” Was Dash going to do it? Oh yes she was, her man card was lost when she came here so out came the puppy dog eyes. Warhawk winced at it but seemingly refusing to budge. It was her mom that stepped in.
“Captain she's pretty good for a filly her age. I think she can try.” Her mom looked seriously at her. “As long as she promises to drop out when she gets tired.” Dash vigorously nodded and she heard a sigh from Warhawk.

“Alright she can try.” To even Dash's surprise that got a cheer from the whole team. Her mom directed her up and she followed till they got between a pair of clouds with a banner connecting them above her.

“Alright Dash, when Warhawk says so we fly around the outer layer of the arena. Go as long as you can then head back down okay?”

“Got it mom.” Dash eyes ahead with a smirk and waited.

She didn't have to wait long.

“BEGIN!” And with that they were all off. Dash flew as hard as she could but the racers still whipped past her with a breeze. That didn't deter her. She was going to show them she wasn't a weak filly.

In the end she only lasted 27 laps before having to call it quits. She glided down to the bench and caught her breath. She didn't hear anyone until she saw a drink in front of her.

“Here you go kid.” It was Warhawk giving her a drink, and she had a smirk on her face. “You did pretty good for a filly. I thought you would only last 15 laps at best. Well done.” The elderly mare said. Dash took the drink and guzzled it.

'Man did that tastes good!' She then sipped at it as the team finished the laps. After another break for lunch the team practised the relay again but Dash only caught half of it when she collapsed into dream world.

Firefly left the showers and looked over to the bench where her daughter laid on a blanket asleep. Warhawk moved her there when she noticed that she fell asleep. Despite her saying otherwise she really was cute. Petting Dash's mane, Firefly smiled before carefully putting the filly on her back. She looked forward again and saw Warhawk with a smirk on her face.

“She's good for you Fires, I can already tell.” Firefly looked back over her shoulder at the sleeping filly. Dash had a slight smile on her face as she travelled dreamland. She had seen nothing but smiles from the filly since they met.

“I think we're good for each other Cap. Needed each other for reasons only we know. See ya tomorrow.” With that Firefly left the arena, going slowly to not disturb her daughter's sleep.

* * * * *

UGH! I can't believe I fell asleep at the end of mom's practice. She was cool with it though. Said that her team was impressed by how long I lasted in those laps. So she wanted me to visit again. A couple days later Dad took me to the Weather Factory. I'm amazed by how these ponies do weather. They make EVERYTHING, even snowflakes! Talk about job security. They even make rainbows. I had to taste the rainbow.

NEVER TASTE THE RAINBOW.

Holy crap that thing is spicy! Dad was laughing his butt off and I'm SSSSSOOOO gonna get even later. Till then a new family has moved into the house next door. I'm gonna check them out. Nowhere is perfect so I better check them out to make sure they are okay.

Dash hovered in the sky above her house watching the movers put things in the house. It was typical stuff. Couches, lamps, tables, the works. And it seemed like a small family. Two adults and a filly. Dash noticed the filly sitting alone on the clouds serving as a backyard here in Cloudsdale. Dash decided to introduce herself. Diving down and landing in their yard.

“Hello, welcome to the neighborhood. I'm Rainbow Dash but those that know me just call me Dash. May I ask your name?” Dash asked as she lifted a hoof in greeting. The filly hid behind her long hair.

“I'm Fluttershy.” Dash could barely here the yellow filly's answer so she leaned in closer.

“Sorry couldn't hear you. Could you say it again?” To Dash's surprise the filly curled up even more.

“I'm Flutteryshy.” She heard her squeak something. Obviously this filly was not comfortable with this. Dash knew when to pull out.

“Well nice meeting you. I'm right next door so I'll see you around.” With that Dash slowly took off.

* * * * * *

The next day Dash was in school switching out books she had for the classes when she heard something going on. Looking to where she heard the commotion , she saw the filly that moved in next door curled into a ball as a pair of bullies picked on her. Dash frowned and slammed her locker shut and headed for them. When she got close she decided to intervene.

“Hey cut it out!”The two bullies looked at her and scowled.

“This ain't your problem shrimp.” one of them said.

“You made it my problem when you bothered her. She's my neighbor and even the one time I met her I knew she was weak. Great target buds. To prove you are big strong colts you go after the meekest filly I've seen. If anything that proves YOU are the weaklings.” Both colts were ticked off and one of them threw a punch at her. Dash leaned away from the hoof. It's been years since she was in karate and was in her original body, but she had no choice now but to do her best.

She noticed the other colt coming in and a simple buck to the face ended that threat. Another swing from the first colt barely missed her and she returned with one of her own. The colt was hit in the nose and fell on his butt. It looked like they were done so Dash faced the filly.

“Hey you okay?” The filly responded by hugging her. Dash stood there and held the filly with a hoof and whispered comforting words as the filly cried into her fur.

The teachers FINALLY showed up a minute later and took them all to the principle's office. They took the two bullies first and Dash and the filly sat outside.

“T-thank y-you for standing up for me.” The filly said in a quiet voice but at least Dash could understand it.

“Hey, it's wrong for them to pick on you. I was just doing what is right. I never did get your name.”

“It's Fluttershy, and your Rainbow Dash right.”

“Yup, but I prefer Dash. Fluttershy huh? Well it fits. Nice to meet you.”

“The same Dash. I never seem to make friends well.”

“Well you got one right here if you want.”

“Y-you, you want to be my friend?”

“Why not? We're neighbors and you seem like a nice filly.”

“I... I would like that Dash.”

* * * * *

Today was awesome. I made my first friend this body's age. Yeah she's a meek little pony named Fluttershy. The name so fits her. She's part of that family that moved in earlier. Had to defend her against some stupid bullies, more proof this world is not perfect. Anyway had to see the principle and explained what I knew. Didn't get in trouble and mom and dad were proud of me for standing up to them. Who ever thought my new life could turn out so well?

Author's Note:

Their will be some time jumps for now on. And now brace your hearts.