• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 2,359 Views, 21 Comments

Hugs - Tennis Match Fan



Sometimes it's hard for Pinkie Pie to have a special talent in party planning. When Fluttershy needs a hug, she might need one herself. Set in the Equestria Girls Universe.

  • ...
3
 21
 2,359

Hugs for All

The first thing 14-year-old Pinkie Pie did after she slammed their bedroom door was sigh, relieved to be alone and able to relax. A whisper of hair fell into her face. Pinkie smiled, staring cross-eyed at her fuchsia hair before blowing it back up to join the rest of her hair.

"That was a doozy of a party!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, dropping down on her bed. As she lay there, her eyes traveled across her new bedspread. She had just gotten it a couple weeks ago. It was covered with a pattern of balloons, blue and yellow, just like the ones on her outfit. Speaking of which, Pinkie smoothed out her ruffled pink-and-white skirt. A few brown soda splls were sprinkled on the skirt, and a salsa stain decorated the poofy pink sleeve on the right side of her shirt.

"Whoopsies," Pinkie giggled. "I'll have to wash this later." She reached across the bed to grab the notebook on her nightstand. It was the most important book in her life. It contained secrets, opinions, and a log of all Pinkie's parties. On the front read a single word: Diary.

Pinkie clicked a ballpoint pen, and the tip slid out, ready to write. She flipped to the latest page, where she had talked about a girl named Sunset Shimmer who had interviewed her and her friends several weeks prior.

"'Dear Diary,'" Pinkie spoke aloud as she wrote, "'Today is Saturday. A friend of Rainbow Dash's named Scootaloo is in 6th grade. A girl in her class named Diamond Tiara had a birthday party today. She asked me to be the entertainment. Me! It's so awesome getting recognized for my special talent, and I've only clearly known about it for a few weeks!"

Pinkie stopped talking for a minute as she scribbled a drawing of her and her sisters dancing around a piƱata. A smile grew on her face as she recalled the happy memory, but it quickly faded when Pinkie was brought back to the present.

"'But the thing is,'" Pinkie continued, "'I felt like Diamond Tiara wasn't being nice. I was her cake helper, which means I'm the one that's supposed to be cutting the cake, obviously. Dia told me to give her friend Silver Spoon the biggest piece, and the smallest piece to Scootaloo. She explained that picking straws to see who would get the most cake is how they did it at their school and everyone was fine with it. Crazy, right? I'm not sure she was being 100% honest. Well,'" Pinkie paused as she chewed on the pen cap, "'I wasn't sure what to do. So I cut the cake the way she wanted, and then they played another round of musical chairs. Scootaloo was out first every time, and Dia and Silver Spoon snickered. I let her help stop and start the music, but she just seemed crestfallen. It kinda worried me.'"

Pinkie stopped once again to draw two stick figures next to a stereo. Pinkie leaned back into her pillow as she thought about what to write next.

"'And then,'" Pinkie continued, "'I did my clown routine! Scootaloo and most of the kids loved it! But some of the kids, like Silver Spoon and Dia' the B-day girl herself, looked bored. If it had been anyone else, I would have been a teensy more upset. But this was the BIRTHDAY GIRL. What good am I if I can't make her laugh at her own party?'" Here, Pinkie added a zillion more question marks.

"'I asked her what was wrong, and Dia said my clown stuff was for lame babies. I don't get it!'" Pinkie furrowed her brow. "'Sure some of the boys said stuff like that, trying to fit into the stereotypical "I'm too cool for that" stereotype, but I've never seen a girl be mean like that. My mom says that hopefully all kids won't lose their sense of wonder for all long time, but because of stereotypes girls tend to stay in a fanciful world longer. My mom's all about stereotypes. I don't know why.

"Off topic, sorry," Pinkie apologized to her journal as she skipped a line and began a new chapter. "'I told her clowns aren't for babies and she should be more opened minded. Then she told me that she wasn't because it was her party. Then she threw salsa at me." Pinkie smiled as she remembered the salsa flying threw the air. "'It wasn't that bad, actually, like a food fig-"

"Everybody needs to party, loosen up a biiiit!" Pinkie's phone rang, her favorite song "Party Time in Canterlot" blaring out. Pinkie flipped her phone in the air. It quickly spun fifteen times (Pinkie had averaged it out) and landed back in her hand.

"Hello!" Pinkie chirped, putting aside her worries. "Pinkamena Diane Pie speaking!"

"Pinkie Pie? It's Rarity here." Rarity's voice came through. "Do you know where Fluttershy is? I've been trying to reach her, but no luck."

"Well, that's a real problem," Pinkie said, crossing her legs as she listened. "Did you call her parents?"

"Yes, Pinkie," Rarity responded. "They said she went out to the store. Trouble is, they didn't specify which store."

"I totally-" Pinkie was interrupted by "Party Time in Canterlot" playing again. "Hold on, Rarity!" Pinkie took her other call.

"Hey, Pinkie Pie!" Rainbow Dash grunted. "Listen, I'm working out in the gym today, and I got a text from Fluttershy. She says she's in the park and she'd really like a hug. And she sounded like she was trying not to cry. I'd go talk to her myself, but I'm, well, here. Plus, I think she should hang out with you guys more without me. It's like she's friends with you guys through me. Can you go talk to her?"

"Of course, Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. "I'm on my way! See ya!" She hung up and returned to Rarity.

"Sorry, where was I? Oh yes, I'll be with Fluttershy in two shakes of a puppy dog's tail!" Pinkie exclaimed, already slipping her boots on.

"Thank you, darling!" Rarity exclaimed. Her high voice sent static humming into Pinkie's ear. "Tell her that Rarity called when you do see her."

"Yipedeedo yup!" Pinkie promised. "Hey, did you ever think I should make up my own promise? Like a Pinkie Promise? It could be like our own secret language! We-"

"Call me, Pinkie!" Rarity hung up. Pinkie stood there for two minutes, her mind completely blank.

"I guess it's a good thing she shut me up before I forgot what I'm doing!" She exclaimed, slipping her phone back into her pocket. "Fluttershy, here I come!" Pinkie threw open her door and sped down the hallway.

"Tell Mom I'm gonna be out for a bit!" Pinkie called to her sister Marble, who was also Pinkie's triplet.

"Sure thing!" Marble responded from her spot at the table where she was devouring rock candy. Pinkie raced out of the house as fast as she could, determined to get to Fluttershy ASAPP, or As Soon As Pinkie-ly Possible. Rainbow Dash might have been a trained athlete, but Pinkie had beaten her in a race from time to time.

""Isn't it just so fun to feel the wind blowin' 'gainst your face as you run?" Pinkie asked herself in a sing-song voice as she rounded the corner and narrowly avoided crashing into a Junior from school.

"Watch it, Pink!" growled Sunflower, Applejack's older cousin.

"Sorry," Pinkie apologized, her smile faltering. She twisted around so that she was facing Sunflower and therefore running backwards. Sunflower waved her apology off and disappeared around the corner.

Smile back on, Pinkie crossed the next to blocks in a flash, and there she was! Pinkie stood in front of an iron gate that led into the park. Above it was a matching iron sign that read Canterlot Park.

"Fluttershy?" Pinkie called as soon as she had one foot inside the gates. An older couple having a picnic looked over at her.

"Hi!" Pinkie skipped over to them. "Have you seen a girl my age named Fluttershy? Pink hair, turquoise eyes? Usually wearing a really loose, baggy outfit?" The two exchanged a glance.

"Sorry, Miss, we don't know who you're talking about," the man told her.

"We haven't been paying much attention to the passersbys," the woman added. "I hope you find your friend, dear."

"Thanks a bunch!" Pinkie responded. Giving them a final wave, she skipped off down the path. Pinkie didn't have to go far however, before she saw a familiar form sitting on the ground underneath an oak tree. Shopping bags sat beside Fluttershy, and by the way her body was shaking, Pinkie didn't take more than two seconds to realize Fluttershy was really sad.

"Fluttershy?" Pinkie asked softly, coming up behind her friend. Fluttershy looked up from the ground. Her pink eyeshadow was smeared all over her eyes.

"Oh, hi Pinkie." Fluttershy sniffled into a tissue.

"What's wrong?" Pinkie asked, sitting down next to Fluttershy on the grassy ground.

"I was coming home from the store, and I decided to walk through the park. I guess nobody's been here in a while, because I found- I found-" Fluttershy nodded in the direction of something. When Pinkie looked over, she caught her breath. A little puppy lay several yards away, half hidden in the bushes. Unmoving.

"Oh, Fluttershy, I'm so sorry," Pinkie said gently, tears brimming in her eyes as well. "That poor little dog... and I know how much you love animals..." Pinkie pulled a handkerchief from her pocket and dabbed at her eyes. "But don't worry, it'll be alright. The puppy's in a better place now." Fluttershy didn't respond for a moment.

"T-thanks, Pinkie," she answered finally. "It's so hard to see it." She wrapped her arms around her legs. As she watched Fluttershy, she got an idea.

"I know what'll cheer you up," Pinkie assured her. "A hug!" Fluttershy looked up.

"Oh, please tell me you know what a hug is!" Pinkie begged her when she didn't respond immediately.

"I know what a hug is, Pinkie Pie," Fluttershy answered softly. "I asked Rainbow Dash for one."

"Oh, right! Sorry, I forgot. Here's your hug!" Without further warning, Pinkie threw her arms around Fluttershy. She felt Fluttershy stiffen for a moment, until she relaxed and hugged Pinkie back. The two friends sat there for a moment until they broke apart.

"I feel better now," Fluttershy admitted. "But, Pinkie... You felt tense."

"Me?" Pinkie was surprised. She masked the emotion with a giggle. "No way! I feel fine!"

"No you're not, Pinkie," Fluttershy insisted. "What's bothering you?"

"Noth-" Pinkie cut herself off when she realized what she had been writing several minutes earlier.

"Well, I actually had to do a party earlier," Pinkie confessed. "The birthday girl, Diamond Tiara, wasn't being very nice. And I didn't do anything about it because... because I fell for her dumb excuses and I wasn't sure if it was my place. And also, I felt like some of the kids didn't appreciate me. And also, I got salsa on my shirt. Actually, I don't mind that one." Pinkie tapped her shoulder to indicate the stain.

"Oh my," Fluttershy murmured. "Well, um, how 'bout another hug, Pinkie? Since hugs, uh, make people feel better."

"That sounds great!" Pinkie agreed. She and Fluttershy embraced again. Pinkie literally felt herself relaxing. Everything would be alright. She could feel the tension leaving her shoulders.

"Feel better?" Fluttershy asked.

"Better," Pinkie replied, pulling back.

"Oh, Fluttershy, I almost forgot!" She exclaimed. "Rarity called you. She didn't say why, though."

"Thanks for telling me, Pinkie," Fluttershy answered. She pushed herself up, and Pinkie followed in suit. "Thanks for the hug as well."

"Anytime!" Pinkie beamed as Fluttershy picked up her shopping bags.

"See you later, Pinkie," Fluttershy told her, waving with her free hand.

"Bye Fluttershy!" Pinkie waved as Fluttershy walked back in the opposite direction. In a few moments, Pinkie Pie turned around to face the several people in the park.

"Hugs for everyone!" She cheered.

Comments ( 20 )

"Me?" Pinkie was surprised surprised.

Surprised is repeated--unless this was intentional:unsuresweetie:

This is quite a cute story with some feels in it. Hope this one passes moderation:twilightsmile:

5395056 Thanks for catching that! I hope it passes, too!

5395283 No prob.

My theory of why your Sonata story didn't pass moderation was because I think you didn't set up a time setting for it. To make myself more clear, was it an event that happened sometime before, after, or in between the events of Rainbow Rocks?

That's just my guess, but I'm sure they're are other reasons. surely the moderators would give you a clear reason of why your story didn't pass:applejackunsure:.

5395303 Did I mention it was because the story wasn't related enough to the mlp universe?

5395322 I didn't see that sort of mentioning in the story's description, but yeah that would've been it. The rules on this site can be fickle at times, but they are still fair:eeyup:

This is great. Adorable. :pinkiesmile: I didn't catch anything super noticeable, so that's good. :derpytongue2:

5395322

What is this about a Sonata story not passing moderation I'm reading?

5396687

Wait, if it didn't pass moderation, how come it's on fimfiction anyway? :rainbowhuh:

5397174 It's not published, but I didn't delete it. It won't show up on my stories list, and is only accessible through a link that I give out.

This is adorable. Poor puppeh :fluttercry: But I loved! :heart: And now Pinkie is going to lovingly squeeze the life out of everyone at the park :rainbowlaugh:

Cute story!!:rainbowkiss:
HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!:flutterrage:

Wow, this was great! It was short, but you accomplished a lot in that time! I feel that Pinkie Pie is the least understood Mane 6 in the fandom, which is why I really appreciated her characterization here - peppy, helpful, considerate, naive, and putting a friend's happiness before her own. I also liked the dynamic between Pinkie and Fluttershy; it reminded me of how I am with my friends. Thanks for sharing this heartwarming story! :pinkiehappy:

Poor puppy. :raritydespair: CUTE STORY! :pinkiehappy:

Well, this was a sweet (if sad) story.

To quote a shirt that I once read that I think is perfectly appropriate in this situation....

THE HUGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORAL IMPROVES!

I think I liked the Mane 5 better seperate.

I just read some of your articles, it also interested me. Anyway, I still want to play fnaf security breach game with you.

Login or register to comment