• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 8,102 Views, 70 Comments

Shimmering Sunset - Darknight293



You're forced to move to a new town after a terrifying fight, will this new town be like the last? Or will you find peace for once in your teenage life?

  • ...
17
 70
 8,102

First Day

You grumble in annoyance as you wake up, hearing the loud *beep* noise continuously go off as you reach around in the dark, trying to find the alarm clock. After a dozen seconds of frustration you find it and turn the blasted thing off, sitting up and rubbing your face.

Today was your first day at school, it was a Wednesday so that meant you probably would be in the middle of lessons, great. Hopefully they aren't too far ahead despite how long you were in the hospital...plus the day to get here.

You put your glasses on, groggily take the covers off and get out of bed, heading to the closet to put on some different clothes. You pick up some blue jean pants and a green t-shirt. Though the color didn't really matter seeing how you'd have the jacket on you and zipped up the entire time.

At the thought of it you turn take off your current cloths and change, being careful of the bandages on your arm and stomach, one thing about that jacket was it always made you feel safe, no matter where you were as long as you had it on. It also reminded you of grandma...

You shake your head after you get your shirt on, trying to dispel the negative thought that attempted to invade your mind, your grandma's passing had been unfortunate and unpleasant, a subject you dare not think about as best as you can.

Once you make sure your pants aren't going to fall off and your shirt isn't backwards or inside out, you exit your room and head down to the living room to get your jacket and eat breakfast. Once you reach it and put on the jacket, you pull your phone out from its right pocket, seeing the time was 6:07 AM.

"Okay, so if it's that time now and I have till 7:48 before the bell rings to go to class I have about...an hour and forty-one minutes." You say aloud, talking to no one in particular. Putting your phone back in it's rightful place you go to the kitchen, aiming to get some cereal from the top of the refrigerator.

After getting the cereal, bowl, spoon, and milk you fill he bowl with the wanted items, put the box on top of the fridge and the milk back inside the fridge where it belongs you sit down at the table with the bowl and start to eat your breakfast.

After all, it's the most important meal of the day right?

As you eat you hear the sounds of blankets being moved, a few seconds later your Mother comes into the kitchen from the hallway, cleaning her glasses. She puts them on and then looks at you, smiling and walking over to give you a hug. "Morning dear, are you ready for your first day?"

You swallow before you speak, returning the hug but feeling a sense of fear, "I guess," you mumble.

She ends the hug and sits in the chair to your right, watching you, "you'll be fine hun, Canterlot has had a lot less crime related activities than Hoofington."

"I know mom," you reply,"I miss my friends though, did we really have to move here?"

She sighs, "I know you miss them, but Hoofington was just too dangerous to stay in, you can make new friends here."

You grumble, finishing your cereal and looking at the clock on the stove behind you, it reading 6:42 PM. You get up and take your bowl to the sink, washing it and the spoon before setting them down in it. You look back at your Mom as you walk past her and to the living room to get your backpack, "I should get there early...to learn where my classes are."

Of course that wasn't the full truth, you didn't want to talk to her about Hoofington or making friends here in Canterlot, despite how bad that place was you got use to the everyday life there. Even figured out the safer alleyways to go down, most of the time.

Your Mom seems like she wants to talk more about it, but gives in, heading back to her room to get ready and get the keys to the car. You slid on the backpack and head out the front door to the car, closing the door behind you and walking up to the passenger side of the car, waiting for your mom.

A few minutes later, your mom comes outside wearing her casual attire. She heads to the car and presses a button on the keys, unlocking the doors. You open the passenger side and take your backpack off, putting it in the back and sitting down in the car.

By the time you're done, closed the door, and have your seatbelt on, your mom is ready to go as well. She puts the key in and starts up the car. A few seconds later you're out of the driveway and on your way to Canterlot High school.

You feel nervous, your heart pounding lightly as your mind thought of what could happen to you. Would you run into a bully on the first day? Fall behind in the classes? Be all alone for the entire school year even?

Well you're about to find out.

You look out the window to see the school already in view! Looking at the built in clock of the car you see it's 7:02AM, it had taken a little over ten minutes to get here. Your Mother pulls up in front of the school, telling you to have a good day and all that as you get out of the car and get your backpack, putting it on.

You close the car door, wave goodbye to your Mom, and start walking to the school. A small knot in your stomach as you try to quell your fears, with little success. You dared to look around the front of the school, seeing there was only a few people here right now, none of them seemed to be looking at you...yet.

As you pass the statue that's near the school entrance, you hear a small, almost shy voice asking a question. To you specifically.

"Umm...excuse me....but would you'd be kind enough to help out at the animal shelter?"

You turn around to see a pale, light grayish olive girl standing in front of you, the statue behind her. She was wearing a pinkish white shirt with a long green skirt, a quick look down showed you that she was wearing green boots with white at the bottom of them. A lock of her pink hair slightly covering her right cyan eye, it took you a few seconds to realize that she was holding out a flier to you.

You hesitant, looking down at the flier, then at her. "Uh...I'm sorry but I'm new here and I'd like to get to know the school and...all." Yeah good going dumbass, that makes sense.

She immediately breaks eye contact, looking down from you as her hand with the flier pulls back to her, whispering, "oh...ok..."

Oh God now you feel bad, her shyness reminds you of Amber which doesn't help at all! You sigh and try to not hurt her feelings as you speak,"Look...I'm...new here, so I'm just not use to the people here yet and I have a hard time...trusting people."

She glances up at you, give you a slight smile, "Oh that's okay, it's not everyday we get a new student here." She straightens up and looks at you, then whispers in a slightly louder voice, "I-I'm Fluttershy..."

You smile a bit and tell her your name, but that's about it. She looks down at the flier in her hand, then looks at you and hands it to you, "I know you're new, but in case you change your mind you should take a flier. I can tell you aren't one of those mean people."

Not wanting to be rude and hurt her feelings, you take the flier, you both say your goodbyes as you turn and walk to the school door. Though her saying 'one of those mean people' sets you off balance mentally, it seems you'd have to watch out. You look down at the flier and read it as you enter the school's foyer.

Help wanted at the Canterlot Animal Shelter.
Time is from 4:30PM to 6:00PM.
Animal lovers or Caring people needed...please.

You note the picture above the pink colored words, the girl was surrounded by cute animals in a building that must be the animal shelter, and she seemed happy to be with them. You don't remember there being an animal shelter in Hoofington, perhaps-

Your train of thought is derailed as you run into something, or rather...someone. Due to the sudden slam into whoever it was you fell down on the floor, dropping the flier as you rub your head, you pick up the flier and look up to apologize to whoever you ran into.

The girl you ran into is standing up and also rubbing her head, seems you guys accidentally head butted each other and you fell down from it.

Good first impression.

You note she has vivid, crimson hair with a lot of brilliant, yellow stripes in between them. She's wearing a purple shirt with a shimmering sun on it along with a black jacket, along with a skirt colored mostly orange with some yellow and light purple stripes. She also had a pair of black and purple boots on. She didn't seem like the nice sort of girl, but you can't always judge a person by their outfits.

Okay, you could judge someone by their outfits, but that doesn't mean you're always correct, right? Besides, the clothing didn't seem that bad, it kinda fit her looks.

You slowly stand up clearing your throat and looking away from her, fearing a hit coming as you lightly stutter,"I-I'm sorry about that, I wasn't watching where I was g-going."

"It's okay, I wasn't watching either, my name's Sunset Shimmer, what's yours?"

You dare to take a look at her, turning your head back towards her you see that she's smiling and had the same cyan eyes like the other girl...Flittershy, or was it Fluttershy? You couldn't remember already, great, perhaps they're related to each other?

You blink and note the girl...Sunset right? She seemed to be a bit hesitant now, even a bit hurt. 'Are all the girls like this?' You thought. You clear your throat and tell her your name, "I'm sorry for not responding...I'm new here so I'm just unsure about everything."

She perks up when you say 'new here' which unsettles you a bit before she speaks, "Oh, you're the new guy I'm suppose to show around the school aren't you? The one from Hoofington?"

You stiffen at the mention of your hometown as you face her fully, nodding to her, "Uh yes, that's me. I guess you already know my schedule then?"

She shakes her head, "Nope, I'm just here to show you around the school, I know you got a map of the campus but the principle thought a personal tour would also help." She finishes with a slightly bigger smile.

You wonder why they'd give you a map if they were also going to send someone to give you a personal tour, this girl seemed nice, but why do this? You ask her that much.

She giggles, "Because it's the nice thing to do? Now come on, classes start in twenty five minutes so we don't have much time." She turns and starts to walk down one of the hallways as she waves for you to follow her, so you do, still unsure about this. Maybe it was the incident in Hoofington.

No, no, no! Don't think about it, just don't think about it. You could feel your heart racing a bit faster at the thought of that place, and your left arm started to feel itchy. Not to mention a knot was forming in your stomach again, thinking about the switchblade that had dug into there.

"You alright there new guy?"

You stop and look up at her, seems you zoned out after you started thinking about Hoofington, "Uhm, yeah...just thinking about home is all."

She raised an eyebrow, but said nothing, the rest of the tour concluded without any further incident, Sunset had pointed out the classrooms, gym, cafeteria, and office. The tour ended at your locker.

"So, that's the entire school, if you need anything I'm sure Principle Celestia or Vice Principle Luna could help you out, see you later new guy." She waves at you as she walks past you, no doubt on her way to her locker and class.

You look at your locker and take off your backpack, looking at your watch you see the classes will start in a few minutes, not only that but the halls are starting to fill up. You enter the combination to your locker and open it, emptying the contents of your backpack into it, hang the backpack inside it, and close it.

Standing up you head to your first class, Algebra 2. Good news was you'd get the book in class, bad news was that everyone will know you're new for sure then.

Oh well, you need the book and so far no one has tried to beat the hell out of you.

As you walk into the class room, you note most of the seats are already filled, save for a few in the front. You walk over to one of the front seats and sit down in it, setting your algebra supplies on the desk as you wait for the bell to ring, idly looking around the front of the room ignoring the conversations behind you.

Soon the bell rings a few minutes later and the teacher walks in, he sits down and takes role, he soon comes to your name. After you say "here/present(whatever you say)" he asks you to come up and hands you a book as you walk up to his desk. When you get the book you turn around to walk back to your desk, seeing the eyes of the classroom on you which made you uncomfortable.

You sit down and stare straight at the teacher, you do your best to tune out the class and focus on the lesson. Unfortunately the thoughts of Hoofington creep into your mind again, you thought of your friends...

Clark, David, Amber...perhaps you should give them a call?

Come to think of it, that one girl Fluttershy was an awful lot like Amber, except she doesn't wear glasses and she's probably not a nerd, but her shyness reminds you of Amber.

And that other girl, Sunset Shimmer, she seemed like a nice girl. But something felt off about her, like she was hiding something during the tour. Yet, so were you, you didn't want to tell anyone about Hoofington, all you wanted to do was forget about it. Forget about Billy and his brothers, forget about the scars!

But you can't.

As you write out problem #15. You feel a tap on your shoulder, tensing up from the contact and turning around, you see a blue girl with pale cornflower blue hair with some very pale cornflower blue stripes in between them, she also had dark grayish violet eyes. She hands you a note with a rather serious look on her face. You take it, politely nod, and turn away from her. You decide to finish the last few problems so you wouldn't get in trouble. When you finish your assignment and turn it in you open the note and read it's contents.

"Watch out for Sunset Shimmer!"
~The Great and Powerful Trixie.

You blinked and read the note again. Why would she tell you to watch out for Sunset if she had been nice to you not so long ago? Also, why did she call herself The Great and Powerful Trixie? But more importantly was Sunset playing some sort of trick on you? Make you feel welcomed, become your friend, and then do something horrible like Billy and his brothers did?! Or was this girl lying to you?

The ringing of the bell jolts you out of your thoughts and startles you a bit. As the other students and the one called Trixie leave to go to their next classes you fold the note and put it in the left pocket of your jacket. Gathering your things, you head to your next class.

An hour and a half later.

The next two classes seemed to breeze on by, all you had was Equestrian History and then you could have lunch. Course, you had no one to sit with in it, but you weren't even thinking about that, being the least of your worries.

You had been thinking about the note from your first period class. What was so bad about Sunset? Your right hand was tightened in a fist as your memories kept flying around you. If something was truly bad about Sunset then Canterlot might be like Hoofington after all, just more subtle.

Despite loving history, you couldn't get into the lesson, something about griffins and changelings. You didn't want a repeat of the past...you really didn't want to go through that pain again, but they say no pain no gain.

'A stupid saying I think', you thought.

The bell rings again, meaning it was time for lunch, you gather up your belongings and head to your locker. You try to keep your mind off of everything, but you can't. As you close your locker and stand up, you feel another tap on the shoulder, causing you to tense up again. You look to your left to find Sunset Shimmer there, giving you a friendly smile.

"Hey there, new guy."

"Hey," you reply, the note from Trixie lingered in your thoughts, a part of you hoped it was a lie or a prank. Another part of your brain was wondering why she kept calling you new guy instead of by your name.

If you seemed nervous in your reply, she didn't notice or didn't mind, her smile not faltering. "Well seeing how you're new I believe you don't have a place to sit at lunch yet?"

You could see where it was going, she was going to ask you to sit with her and any friends she has, and if the other girl, Trixie, was right to watch out for her then this could be a trap.

But then again, you don't really have anywhere to sit...and it would be rude to decline her offer.

Unfortunately you seem to take too long to respond again, causing Sunset's smile to disappear. You attempt to work damage control, but stutter, "W-well no, but it's not like it matters right? I can sit anywhere."

Sunset raises an eyebrow at you, "What do you mean it doesn't matter? No one should have to sit alone, I know how that was." She looks away from you and holds her left arm with her right hand. It seems you accidentally struck a nerve.

"Sorry if I struck a nerve, if you're asking me to sit with you at lunch...I guess I can try."

Sunset looks at you and gives you a small smile, "Great! Come on then, we best get there now unless you like long lines," she walks past you, seeming to have forgotten her troubles.

That, or you're just really bad at reading body language. Not that you stare at people or anything!

You follow Sunset to the cafeteria , which is filled with students. A glance around the room shows you that there is quite a number of open seats still, perhaps people come in late to lunch sometimes? It happened before in-

'No, bad brain! Don't think about that place.'

After about three minutes of waiting in a line you and Sunset have trays filled with today's food...course, it seems they offer an awfully large selection of food for a High School, quiet different from the Hoofington high school food menu.

'Hoofington...no, better to ignore those thoughts, focus on something else...something else...'

Your eyes fall on Sunset, whom is right in front of you as you both walk. Despite the note you got from earlier, you were starting to doubt that she had something sinister planned. But the scars on your person seemed to always itch when you thought about Hoofington or how this place would be different. Almost as if they were telling you to not trust anyone.

Maybe they're right?

You're snapped out of your thoughts as Sunset leads you to a table where five other girls are sitting, you recognize one of them to be the girl you met in front of the school, Fluttershy if you remember right. The first person to get your attention as you near the table is a bubbly pink looking girl with a hair do that reminded you of cotton candy and light cerulean eyes, a rare color, smiling and waving widely at you both. Perhaps she had a lot to sugar today, her outfit suggests cooking after all.

The next is a orange colored girl with a Stetson hat on her head. She had a pale, light grayish olive hair and moderate sap green eyes. Her hair was also in a ponytail. Judging by her clothing she might be a farm girl.

The last two is a white girl and a rather light blue girl. The white girl had purple like hair that was formed as if it was meant to be, for lack of a better word, fabulous. She also had moderate azure eyes, and considering her hair and outfit style she might be someone that designs often.

The light blue girl had rainbow hair, that alone made you wonder about her personality. She also had moderate cerise eyes, and her uniform suggested sports perhaps, or at least some kind of active activity.

You snap out of your thoughts as you reach the table. Nervous, you stay quiet and sit with Sunset on her left, the other girls greet Sunset as you both sit down. You eyes are immediently go to your food as you eat silently, content to let the girls talk amongst themselves.

It takes you a minute to realize there isn't much chatter going on...

You dare to stop eating, swallow, and turn to the other girls to find their eyes on you. You blush lightly from the attention, hoping it wasn't noticeable.

After a few seconds the pink one speaks up, "so you're the new guy Sunset showed around today right?"

You nod.

Suddenly you're barraged with a dozen questions, only a few you can make out are "Do you like it here?" "How was Hoofington?" and "Why did you move?"

You stare at her in confusion while the light blue one covers the pink ones' mouth. She then looks at you, "Excuse Pinkie Pie, she has a habit of asking waaaaay too many questions to new people in a very short time. I'm Rainbow Dash, the most awesome sports girl you'll ever know.

You could only nod in response as Rainbow pulls her hand off of Pinkies' mouth.

Rainbow then address the other two girls that you don't know, "The one wearing the Steston hat is Applejack, you might've heard of Sweet Apple Acres?"

Applejack tips her hat to you, "Pleased to meet ya Sugarcube."

You attempt to smile back, feeling a mixture of suspicion and surprise.

Rainbow then waves her hand to the white girl, "And this one is Rarity, fashionista of Canterlot, or a fashionista of Canterlot."

Rarity smiles at you, "That's right, and if you ever need some new clothing I'd be happy to design you some personally! It's what friends are for right?"

'Friends?'

This wasn't right, you just met them and they already want to become your friends? Maybe that Trixie girl was right, something was definitely off here and Sunset was among them...

You clear your throat and respond to Rarity, "Friends? But we just met each other, how are we already friends?" It was a bit harsher than you meant for it to be, but you needed to find out what was going on here.

Rarity looks at you puzzled, "Well dear, friendship is magic after all."

Before you could respond to that...interesting reply, Sunset speaks up, "It's not his fault Rarity, he came from Hoofington."

You cringe at the mention of your hometown again, did Sunset know what happened there? Did they all know?

Applejack seemed curious raising an eyebrow, "Hoofington? Ah never heard of that place before."

Sunset turned to Applejack, "Hoofington is ah...for lack of better words, a hellhole."

Hellhole was about right for that place, the other girls, especially Fluttershy, whom had been calmly eating, gasp at her use of the word hell.

Rainbow speaks up soon though, clearing up the tension, at least till she looks to you. "That bad huh? I can see why you wanted to get out, that is why you came here though right? For the peace and quiet?"

For you it felt like the only way to cut the tension was with a laser gun, you couldn't tell them about why you truly moved, so you simply nodded to Rainbow. Pinkie, however, doesn't seem to buy it.

"Come ooooon," she whined rather cutely, "Tell us why you really moved!" She propped herself on the table by her elbows and looked at you like a curious child who was about to hear a long and interesting tale. The others seemed interested as well.

Interesting was a bit of an understatement though, and you needed to come up with a lie and fast! A bit of rubbing on your jacket near your scar on the left arm you see a way out.

"My Grandmother was killed in an accident, it hit my mom really hard, so my dad decided to move us to a calmer place. He hoped it would help us all.

Pinkie went from curious, to sad as her hair seemed to flatten a little, you didn't have time to contemplate on how that was possible though because you suddenly had pink arms wrapped around you and a head buried in the left side of your neck.

Somehow Pinkie got from her side of the table to yours in a second and was now hugging you. It caused you to instantly tense up from the contact, you sat there stunned looking at the pink hair near your face.

After what seems to be a very long hug, Pinkie lets go and pulls away from you. You look at the others, none of them seemed to be so curious about why you moved now, instead they seemed sad. Though why Rarity had to wipe her eyes was a bit strange.

Sunset places a hand on your shoulder and gives you a sad smile, "I'm sorry that we asked, it might've been tough to have moved from there when she died."

You begged to differ on how tough it was to move away from Hoofington, seeing how you didn't have a choice in the matter, but you say nothing of it. Instead, you nod and tell her that it was fine. You were happy enough to know that no one knew of the scars still, for now.

Before anyone can say anything else, the bell rings, signaling the end of lunch. Everyone in the lunch room empties their trays, puts them up, and then heads out to their next class.

You dreaded the next class for a few reasons, one of them might be because you just had lunch, but the main reason was because you learned that the school does have uniforms for PE.

And they're not long sleeved shirts either.

That meant your scar on your left arm was going to be noticeable, very noticeable. All someone had to do was look at your arm and it'd be over, and knowing PE classes someone was bound to look and notice.

Before you can think about it further, you feel the same tap on your shoulder again, it still startles you nevertheless, but you at least knew who it was.

Keeping calm, as best as you could you turn to your right to see Sunset yet again. She smiles at you, "Hey again New Guy."

Again with new guy? Was it a nickname she gave you or something? You didn't have time to ask her though as she kept speaking.

"I see you're going to the Gym, I'm guessing that means you have PE class next?"

You blink, then nod to her, "Yeah I do, why do you ask?"

She chuckles, "Because I have it this period as well."

Well then, as if it wasn't bad enough, now she might learn that you lied and learn of the truth.

"O-oh you do?"

She keeps walking with you, "Yes I do," she then smirks at you, "Did you stutter for a reason?"

Her question catches you off guard, almost making you stumble as you blush, realizing what she meant. "I'll h-have you know I stutter for many reasons, Sunset!"

She simply giggles and bumps hips with you, "Relax, I'm only teasing you New Guy. Now come on, we don't want to be late!" She starts to walk faster as the halls slowly empty, you follow after her to the gym.

You enter the Gym with Sunset to find most of the class already there, but not dressed in PE clothing, you turn to Sunset. "I thought that the school assigned uniforms for PE?"

She looks at you as you both stop near the other students, "They do, when it's in the spring, not in the early winter. If they did we'd all freeze when outside! Most of the time during the Winter we stay inside, maybe do some jogging or just sit around. Maybe play a game of dodgeball on Friday."

She had a point, it was early November now, it had been September or October when you had your life threatening incident, at least it meant no scar revealing for awhile. Now, though, it was getting colder outside as the days passed, which made you wonder if it ever snowed in Canterlot. You decided to ask Sunset that.

"Snow?" She asked, bringing a hand to her chin, obviously thinking, before she responds, "it does snow here, but it doesn't happen 'til sometime in middle or late December, usually just before Christmas, and goes on 'til sometime in January.

You nod to her, you then here both your names called only to find Rainbow Dash coming over to you two. Most of the students now either sitting in the nearby stands or playing a game of basketball.

Rainbow idly kicks a football up and down with her legs and she stops in front of you both, watching the ball as she talks, "So I see you already found your way to the gym with Sunset, don't get too comfortable though. Later on coach will definitely have us do some running, but you're safe for a few days."

Rainbow stops kicking the ball and instead holds it under her right arm, you three then move over to the nearby stands, sitting on them, Rainbow a seat above you both as you sit near Sunset. Rainbow looks to you, "So what do you do for fun? You an egghead like Twilight?"

Sunset seemed to be making signs for her to shut up, but Rainbow keeps talking, "Or maybe you're less like Twilight and more like me? Nah, no one's as awesome as I am, but seriously, what do you do for fun?"

You think, looking at Sunset who is face palming, you then look back at Rainbow Dash. Only to find her looking between you and Sunset, then she smirks, "Or maybe you're one of those guys that always checks out girls?"

What?

You blush and immediately sputter out words that make no sense as Rainbow laughs at your embarassment. Sunset trying to stifle her giggles with a hand.

"Relax egghead two, I'm only messing with ya. I'm sure you're cool enough to not do that." You didn't feel so sure Rainbow was being honest with you, you look to Sunset whom is still trying to suppress her giggling with little effect. You looking at her causes her to only giggle harder and look away from you.

While you pull up the hoodie on your jacket to hide your embarrassment, Rainbow asks you yet another question, prodding you for answers that would no doubt bring her amusement. "So you ever date back in Hoofington?"

Thankfully you can organize yourself enough to give her a simple "No."

"No? Shame, I was looking forward to more teasing, but in all seriousness don't let it down you. Hoofington isn't exactly...a place where mushie feelings appear constantly."

Sunset, meanwhile, has calmed down enough to talk properly, she turns to you and nods, "Yea, don't let it get ya down New Guy, you'd have better luck in any other city. Now who wants to play a game?"

For the rest of the class, you, Sunset, and Rainbow play a game of rock, paper, scissors. A game that Dash is quick to stop playing after a few rounds. She said it bored her, but it might've been because she lost every round. You and Sunset kept playing for the rest of the period and eventually tied. Before you could play another round the bell rang.

Sunset said that you'd both break the tie tomorrow, as for the rest of your day it was mostly uneventful. You met Pinkie in Culinary Arts,(big surprise!) and she said something about throwing you a party. You politely declined, which made her sad a little until you explained you didn't go to many parties back in Hoofington.

That had been a bad choice of words because Pinkie instantly started to plan a "welcome to Canterlot" party right then and there, you couldn't stop her from planning but got her to agree to not have "too many people." But you could've sworn you already saw invitations in her backpack when you were leaving the school, how was that possible?

As you began to walk outside the school to head home, (your mother insisted you got some fresh air, meet some townsfolk on the way home, and that you would be fine) you hear someone calling.

"Hey, new kid!"

You turned around, expecting to see Sunset or one of her friends due to Sunset constantly calling you "New Guy."

Who you saw though, wasn't one of them, and they didn't seem like they wanted to say hi and be friends.

Author's Note:

Due excuse some of the...interesting descriptions of the characters, I'll admit I took it from their descriptions on the MLP wiki, but I figured if they already have a description then no point in trying to change it right? Plus they belong to Hasbro and not me, so credit for their looks goes to Hasbro artists and designers.