• Published 26th Dec 2014
  • 1,091 Views, 23 Comments

unWANTED : Walk with Acceptance - travelingbard



With only a number for a name, a human must find his place in this new world and answer one question; What would you do to save a world you don't belong in?

  • ...
10
 23
 1,091

Ch. 2- Tonight stinks. Tomorrow ain't lookin' too good either

As the carriage pulled the girls down the road on it's six hour drive to Canterlot, the girls took this time to catch up with each other.

"So Twilight," Rarity said, "Give us all the juicy details on your relationship with Flash."

"Well, as I've said before it’s tough. He's got his duties as the royal announcer and he's part of my entourage. I have my princess duties too. We just see each other when we can."

"Well at least you can see him whenever you want," Rarity said, "I only get to see Spike once a month." Rarity looked sad.

Applejack got up from her seat and went over to comfort the white unicorn. "Ah don't worry," she said hugging her friend and sitting down next to her, "Spike'll come visitin' soon. Just hang in there, girl."

There was a moment of awkward silence.

"Rarity, these dresses are incredible," piped up Twilight, changing the subject.

"Yeah Rarity, their beautiful," Flutershy added. "You're the best seamstress in Equestria."

"Yup!" Pinkie exclaimed, hopping up and down.

"Oh girls please. You've been saying that for the last hour," Rarity said, forgetting the subject on Spike and blushing at the complement.

"And we'll keep sayin' it 'till the cows come home," Applejack said, "Thanks Rarity."

"THANK YOU!" Pinkie yelled, hugging her friend.

"You are all very welcome, but could you not do that Pinkie? You’re messing up my mane!"

"Oops! Sorry."

Pinkie released Rarity and sat back down next to Fluttershy. Rarity fixed her already perfect mane. "I do wish Rainbow Dash stayed and at least tried on her dress. I worked so hard on it."

"She has to fly with the Wonderbolts tonight," Twilight said. "Besides, her uniform is more aerodynamic then the dress."

"I know, but still..." Rarity's bottom lip protruded out into a pout.

"Ah don't pout, Rarity," Applejack slung her arm around her friend, "Give it to her after she's done flyin'. She'll love it."

"But... I left her dress back at the Boutique."

"You mean this one?" Pinkie asked, pulling a rainbow colored themed dress from her curly pink mane.

Everypony just stared at her in amazement.

"Pinkie Pie, When... how...?" Rarity was too stunned to make a complete sentence.

"I just followed my Pinkie Sense!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"... What?" asked Twilight, still shocked at how Pinkie got a dress to fit in her mane.

"My Pinkie Sense! You know, the twitchy twitches I get that predict the future?"

"Yeah, we know. What about em this time?" asked Applejack.

"Well, my nose twitched a bit and my left hind hoof twitched. That means somepony will need something later. NOW if my left hind hoof twitched THEN my nose, that means somepony needs a cupcake! Kind of like now!"

As if on cue her leg twitched and she winkled her nose. She reached into her mane again and pulled out a cupcake and hoofed it over to Fluttershy.

"Oh... I'm not hun..." Fluttershy began, but her stomach decided to interrupt her. She blushed, ""Well... maybe just a bit." She took the cupcake and nibbled on it.

"Wow Pinkie. How d’ ya do that?" Applejack asked

"Pinkie sense, AJ. Madame Pinkie knows all."

"No, not that. How d'ya fit the dress in ya mane?"

"Oh that? I've got all kinds of things up in here." Pinkie started to rummaged through her hair. "I've got cupcakes, streamers, extra balloons, emergency noise makers, confetti balls for my party cannon..."

"Wait. You keep your party cannon in your mane?" asked Twilight incredulity.

"Of course not, silly! It's way too heavy for my mane! I keep it here!" Pinkie turned in her seat and pulled her infamous party cannon.

Rarity leaned over to Applejack and whispered, 'How did she do that?'

'It's Pinkie Pie, Applejack answered, as if that said it all. They shared a giggle.

Look at Twilight's face, Rarity said.

Applejack turned and saw Twilight's face as she tried to figure out how Pinkie could fit a party cannon between herself and the wall of the carriage.

Applejack and Rarity tried to stifle their giggles.

"What's so funny?" the perplexed princess asked.

"Nothing... nothing Twi." Applejack tried to say in between her laughter.

"It’s ok Twilight," Fluttershy said, trying not to laugh herself when she say Twilight's face, "Pinkie is just Pinkie."

Rarity, Applejack, and Flutershy exploded in a fit of laughter. Twilight joined them after figuring out what the subject was.

"HAHAHAHAH! WHAT ARE WE LAUGHING ABOUT?" Pinkie asked as she too joined in with her friends.

"Nothing... Darling... nothing at... all," a winded Rarity said between gasps of air.

"WOO! THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATIONS! FRIENDS LAUGHING TOGETHER AGAIN!" Pinkie exclaimed, raising a hoof to the ceiling before bringing it down on the firing mechanism her party cannon.

"WAIT NO PINKIE NOT IN..." Twilight was too late. The party cannon shot streamers, confetti, and balloons everywhere. The carriage jumped about a foot off the ground.

The action of the cannon threw the 5 friends into a panic of shrieking laughter.

"Crazy ponies," one of the guards pulling the carriage said.

"Yeah," The other guard agreed, "We're not even at the Gala yet and their already going nuts."

"Probably because they haven't seen each other in a long time," another guard said.

"Yeah. Celestia know's how long I haven't seen my friends," the first guard said. "Can't wait 'till my shift is over."

"Then let’s get these girls and the princess to the Gala!" an orange Pegasus said from the front of the group.

"YES SIR!" the guards said and quickened their pace.

**********

Applejack and the gang were just about done cleaning the confetti off of themselves when there was a knock at the carriage door.

"Princess Twilight; My Lady's" a voice said as the door opened, "We have arrived."

Twilight was the first to step out. "Watch your step, your Highness," the orange Pegasus said as he reached a hoof out to help the princess step down. "You look beautiful tonight, your Highness," he added.

"Thank you, Flash," Twilight said, blushing at his complement. She turned to face her friends as they exited the carriage. "All right girls! Let’s have the best night ever!" Everypony agreed to this statement with "whoops" and "yeahs".

The girls took in the sight as they waled down the road to the castle. Ponies from all over were flowing through the gates of Canterlot, the city on the side of the mountain. As they walked across the draw bridge leading up to the huge double doors that lead to the road to the castle, Applejack turned to see the pool that the waterfalls from above made. "It sure is beautiful tonight," she commented.

"Oh I know! Isn't it just?" Rarity said. "Especially with this view! You can see Ponyville from up here!"

Applejack turned and saw the view Rarity was talking about. Far down below was Ponyville. It looked so small. Applejack squinted her and could just make out her barn on Sweet Apple Acres. What a view.

"Hey," Pinkie Pie said as they continued down the road, "Look!"

Applejack turned back to see what Pinkie Pie was talking about when Rarity gasped and ran towards the figure in the road.

"SPIKE!" she screamed, colliding into the dragon. She knock him to the ground and rolled with him, kissing him all along the way.

"Hey...Rar...ity...nice...to...see...," Spike tried to finish his sentence, but the kissing kept cutting him off. "I need to breathe Rarity!" he finally managed to say, gently pushing her off of him.

"Spike!" the rest of the group caught up with him.

“Hey, girls,” Spike said, hugging each one of his closest friend, “It's good to be back.”

“Good to have you back, Spike,” Twilight said, “Where have you been?”

“You know I can’t answer that,” Spike said.

“Spikey-Wikey?" Rarity said with a sweet voice.

“Yes Rarity?"

They both stared deeply into each other’s eyes.

“I've missed you so...”

SMACK!

Spikes sentence was interrupted by the sound of Rarity's very well manicured hoof colliding with the side of Spikes face.

“TWO MONTHS!” Rarity yelled at him. “YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR TWO MONTHS AND YOU NEVER WROTE WHY IN YOUR LETTERS!” She slapped him again. “YOUR LETTERS BECAME SHORTER AND SHORTER!” Tears started to stream down her face now, washing her mascara away. “YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER SAYING GOOD BYE THE LAST TIME YOU LEFT!” She was in hysterics now and was attracting quite the crowd. “I...I thou...thought...you...were...were...dead...I thought...you...you were...se...seeing...another... mare...”

Rarity's broken sentence was interrupted as Spike pulled her close and kissed her.

“Rarity,” he finally said as he pulled his lips from hers, “I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long.” He kissed her again. “But you listen to me, Rarity,” He brushed a loose strand of her mane out of her eye, “Not a moment has past in the last 3 years that I didn't think of you. I would never ever look at another mare the way I look at you. There is no mare in all of Equestria more beautiful then you.” He kissed her again.

The crowed “AWWWW”ed at this and Rarity seemed to have calmed down a bit.

“OH, look at me,” Rarity said, sniffing and wiping her face with a hoof, “I look awful now.”

“You could never look awful,” Spike said, kissing her again.

The two walked off down the road and into the main hall of the castle, leaving the group behind.

“Wow,” Twilight said. “I had no idea Rarity was keeping all THAT in.”

“Me neither,” Fluttershy said.

“Your highness,” Flash Sentry bowed said, “Princess Celestia is...”

“...WAITING FOR ME IN THE FORYA! OH MY GOSH, I FORGOT!” Twilight ran down the walkway with her entourage close on her heels. She turned her head and said back to her friends, “I'LL SEE YOU GIRLS IN THERE!”

The friends waved goodbye until Twilight ran into the castle and out of sight.

“Hey,” Applejack said, “Why didn't we go with her?”

Fluttershy looked like she was about to ask the same question when something caught her eye. She turned bright red and started walking towards a very strange creature in the road.

“... Cause I want to see this,” Pinkie Pie said, pulling a cupcake from her mane and taking a bite. “Want one?” she pulled out another one and offered it to Applejack.

“Eh, no thanks, Pinkie.”

Pinkie shrugged and popped it into her mouth and turned back to the scene at hoof.

“Hello, my dear Fluttershy,” The tall, strange looking creature in the road said.

“Hello, Discord,” Fluttershy said with a small voice. “You look nice tonight.”

“Well thank you, Fluttershy,” Discord said. “But you, my dear,” he leaned down and gentle raised her chin, “are more beautiful than a chaotic Monday morning.”

What? Applejack whispered to Pinkie Pie. What kind of a complement was that?

Fluttershy, however, blushed an even deeper red. “Really?” she asked, looking up at the Draconequus.

Discord leaned in and whispered, “I would never lie to you, my dear.” He kissed her to prove his point.

Apparently a good one, Pinkie whispered back.

Discord picked up his love with his mismatched arms and carried her through the doors into the castle.

“They are so CUTE TOGETHER!” Pinkie yelled as she and Applejack followed the odd couple into the castle. Over head a sonic rainboom exploded in the sky, signaling the official start of the Gala

“Yeah, they are,” agreed Applejack, “But I thought Fluttershy was still mad at Discord. You know, about the whole 'betraying everypony for power' thing with Tirek.”

“Guess she forgave him,” Pinkie said.

The two had reached the stairs were Princess Celestia and Twilight were greeting the guest. Twilight had just finished bowing to one guest when she noticed her friends. She waved to them enthusiastically. Celestia noticed the two also and bowed her head slightly.

Applejack waved to Twilight and started to head towards her when she noticed Pinkie Pie just standing and looking around.

“You OK, sugar cube?” she asked her pink friend.

“Cheese said he would be here, but I don't see him.” Pinkie said with a look of worry on her face. Rarity would have flipped her lid is she saw her masterpiece of a mane style, (especially since Pinkie's mane obeys to no pony), deflating like a balloon's air being let out.

“Ah, don't worry, sugar cube,” Applejack walked back over and put a reassuring arm around her worried friend. “Why I bet he's coming down the road right now and...”

As if on cue, a figure in the ugliest Hawhinny tee shirt anypony had ever seen burst through the doors and screamed, “PINKIE PIE!”

“CHEESE!” Pinkie Pie yelled excitedly, her mane poofing back to its original state. She ran towards him in a pink blur, expertly dodging around the ponies that were between her and her colt. Suddenly, Pinkie leaped into the air and rocketed straight towards Cheese.

Cheese was ready for her, though, and at the last second he expertly caught her in mid air and spun with her before he finished her off with a dip.

“Hey there, Pinkie,” he said, “Sorry I'm late.”

“Nope!” Pinkie twisted in his grip and turned him around and dipped him, “Your right on time!” They both looked into each other’s eyes and kissed. The two love birds then skipped away, hoof-in-hoof to the grand hall.

Applejack sighed sadly.

She was now alone.

“WOW! That was a site to see!”

Applejack was startled by the voice and whirled around so fast her hat came off.

“Pardon me, madame. I did not mean to startle you.”

The voice belong to a white unicorn with a blue mane, tail, eyes, and a mustache. He's horn glowed yellow as he magically picked up the fallen hat.

“Oh, It’s all right, Mr....?”

“OH! How rude of me,” The white stallion extended his hoof, “Allow me to introduce myself; I am Fancy Pants.”

“Well howdy do, Mr. Fancy Pants,” Applejack said as she shook his hoof, “The names Applejack.”

Fancy Pants looked surprised and readjusted his monocle. “Applejack? As in the ‘Element of Harmony’ Applejack? THE Applejack of Sweet Apple Acres and THE Applejack that stopped the tyrannical rampage of Tirek?”

Applejack tilted her hat to hide her blushed face. “Ah shucks. I didn't do it alone. I'm nothing without my friends.”

“Au contraire, my dear,” Fancy Pants gently took Applejacks hoof in his. “You FRIENDS are nothing without you! YOU are the binds that keep them together! YOU are the voice of reason in times of danger!” He stopped with his speech and looked around with a frown on his face. “But I see no escort with you. Are you alone tonight?”

Applejack took her hoof away from his and nodded sadly.

“WHAT?” Fancy Pants shouted.

A few heads turned in surprise including, Princess Celestia and Twilight's.

Applejack blushed out of embarrassment.

“My apologizes,” Fancy said, "But I am just surprised that a beautiful mare, such as yourself, has no pony for the single most important night of the year.”

Applejack was completely embarrassed now.

Fancy Pants realized his mistake of works and extended his elbow to her.

“My dear Applejack, Would you do me the honor of letting me be your date for tonight?”

Applejack looked at the gesture and thought better of it. Then she thought of her promise to herself and her little sister. She nodded and took his elbow. “You may,” she added.

“Splendid, my dear!” Fancy said enthusiastically. “Let’s make this the best night ever!”

**********

The night was going very well for Applejack. Fancy Pants was a real gentalcolt, getting her food and drinks and what not. He even taught her how to waltz, and she in turn taught him how to square dance. Since Fancy Pants know just about know who all the important ponies where, he introduced Applejack to a colt that ran the city's food surplus.

“Young lady,” Market Surplus said, “If you give me a share of your apples, your family will never have to worry about bits ever again.”

Oh, Thank you, Mr. Surplus! With all that money, we could fix up the old barn again!”

“Young lady, with the money you and your family are about to receive, you could fix dozens of barns.”

All in all, it was turning out to be a pretty good night.

After a while, Applejack and Fancy Pants walked over to the table where everypony was. Princess Celestia, Luna, and Cadence were even there, along with Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle.

“... And so I said to him, “Really? I thought that was your rickshaw.”

Everypony exploded into laugher.

“Howdy, y'all! Great night, huh?” She said excitedly.

“Hey... Hey Apple... jack...” Rainbow Dash said between gasps of air, “You just... missed... the funniest... joke every!”

“OH MY... GOSH! MY... SIDES!” Soarin tried to say.

“Tell it again, Discord,” Scootaloo chimed in.

Discord cleared his throat. “So last Tuesday afternoon, I was walking down the road when...” he began, but was stopped by a hoof on his arm. “What is it, my love?” he said to Fluttershy.

“Eveyponys here now,” she said with a twinkle in her eyes.

“OH. Yes.” he looked exited all of a sudden.

Fluttershy looked to all her friends around the table and cleared her voice. “As you all know, Discord and I...”

“...Have been seeing each other for a while now...,” Discord continued.

“...And we thought...”

“...That we...”

“Let’s say it together, my dear.”

“OK, my love.”

Fluttershy's front hoofs were intertwined with Discord's lions paw and talon.

They excitedly said together, “WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!”

A deafening silence took over the entire group.

But it didn't last long. Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle broke the silence, along with everypony's eardrums in the vicinity, with their shrieks of glee.

“OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH MY GOSH!” yelled Rainbow Dash as she flew across the table to hug her best friend.

“Congratulations, you two!” Spike said over the yelling. Everypony at the table were asking questions all at once.

“When did he ask?”

“How did he ask?”

“When’s the wedding?”

“Was the setting romantic?”

Fluttershy put her hoofs up and yelled, “Whoa Whoa WHOA, everypony! One at a time!”

“I'm proud of you, Discord,” Celestia said over the commotion, “You certainly have changed since your release. Congratulations.”

“Yes,” added Luna, “It seems the beast has been tamed by beauty.”

“LUNA!” scolded Celestia

“No no. Luna is quite right, Tia,” Discord said coming to Luna's defense. “I was a bitter and miserable creature who loved nothing more than to torment others.” He turned to his fiancé and gently raised her head to look at him, “Then I met you, my love. You changed me.” He bent down and kissed her.

“Oh you,” Fluttershy said and kissed him back.

A moment past when Shining Armor cleared his voice and asked, “So whens the wedding?”

“Tomorrow,” Discord answered without hesitating.

There was a moment of silence as they all took this news in.

“Discord! Don't do that to them!” Fluttershy playfully smacked her fiancé's arm.

“OW! Sorry my dear. I couldn't help myself.”

“We were thinking of a summer wedding,” Fluttershy said.

“Oh thank goodness!” Rarity sighed with relief. “For a second there I thought I was going to have to pull an all-nighter for your wedding dress, Fluttershy.”

“Oh, you don't have to worry about that,” Fluttershy said.

“What do you mean?” Rarity said. “My best friend is getting married in a few months and your telling me not to worry about it!?” She was practically yelling at this point.

“NO. That's not what I meant,” Fluttershy coward at Rarity's intensity. “I just meant I don't want you to over exert yourself on the dress.”

“Oh trust me, my dear,” Rarity said, waving a dismissive hoof, “I do my best work under stress.”

“Yeah, after about three all-nighters,” chimed in Spike. He laughed at the glare his mare gave him and wrapped an arm around her. “Don't worry, babe. I'll help you out. And I'll throw you the best bachelor party ever!” he said to Discord.

“What, like mine was?” Shining asked bitterly.

The occupants at the table burst into laughter.

Fancy Pants turned to Applejack. “My, they certainly are a lively group tonight.”

“Yeah. Sorry about that,” apologized Applejack.

“My dear,” smiled the unicorn, “What every do you have to apologize for?”

That smile, Applejack thought, I've seen that kind of smile before.

It was at that moment that Rarity finally noticed Fancy Pants and squealed in delight.

“Why hello, Fancy Pants. What brings you here to... our...” She trailed off and gasped. She backed into Spike, and his drink spilled everywhere.

“Whoa, Rarity!” he said, “What's gotten into yo...”

“YOUR NOT FANCY PANTS!” shouted the frightened unicorn. “FANCY PANTS' CUTIE MARK IS THREE CROWNS, DOT A PAIR OF SPARCLING PANTS! WHO ARE YOU?!”

Fancy Pants swore and screamed, “NOW!”

All around the hall was the sound of ponies screaming. Most of the guests burst into green flame and turned into changelings.

“What’s going on?” Applejack asked.

“WHY, WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN, DEAR APPLEJACK?”

The voice that said this sounded like two ponies were asking this at the same time. Applejack turned back to where Fancy Pants was to find that he had been replaced by a tall mare, with holes in her legs and see-through-insect-like wings. Her mane and tail turned a teal color and her eyes were slits. Her skin was black and she bore no cutie mark. A small, black crown was atop her head.

Chrysalis, The Changeling Queen, cackled wickedly as her gnarled and twisted horn glowed a sickly green color as she created an aura around the four princesses and Discord.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!” cackled the Queen again. “Eat, my children! Eat all the love they have to offer!”

The changelings happily obliged their queen's orders as the screams in the hall intensified.

Applejack tried to take a swing at Chrysalis but two changelings came out of nowhere and pinned her down.

“GET OFF MY SISTER!” Apple Bloom shouted, “CUTIE MARK CURSADUERS... ATTACK!” Apple Bloom's war cry filled the hall as the three fillies leapt into action. Scootaloo took two beer bottles and smashed the two ends off and wield them like knifes, while Sweetie Belle levitated the chairs with her magic. Apple Bloom crouched down into a boxer’s stance and the three friends, along with the rest of the group, readied themselves for a fight.

The fight, however, was short lived. The changelings were much too strong, even for Shining's force field.

“A valiant effort,” scoffed Chrysalis, “But I'm afraid my changelings are too strong for any of you to handle.”

“How is this possible?” Celestia asked, struggling against the magical bubble that surrounded her.

“Love, dear Princess Tia. Love conquers all!” Chrysalis spread her arms out to take the scene at hoof in. “And there is so much of it here tonight, especially at this table! My changelings and I are more powerful then we were 5 years ago!”

“Oh yeah? Try this on for size!”

The queen turned just in time to come face-to-face with Pinkie Pie's party cannon. Chrysalis let out a scream as the cannon went off and blasted her through the air into the wall.

“HOW DARE YOU?!” shrieked the queen. Her horn glowed as she levitated pinkie off the ground and slammed her into the ceiling, then the floor, and finally flung her into the opposite wall. The wall cracked a little and Pinkie fell to the floor, not moving.

“NOOOOO! PINKIE PIE!”

Cheese Sandwich broke from the clutches of the changelings pinning him down and rushed over to her and cradled her.

“UHHH...” she moaned. “That hurt a lot.”

“Pinkie Pie,” Cheese said, tears in his eyes, “are you OK?”

“Not really,” she whispered. “I think I'm gonna... gonna take... a... nap...” she drifted into unconsciousness.

Cheese just cradled her and cried.

“Stupid pink little fool!” Chrysalis mumbled. She raised her layered voice and yelled, “LISTEN UP, EVERYPONY! I'm more powerful then all of you put together! And just to prove that I'm here to stay,” she walked over to where Applejack and the gang was being held down, “I'm going to make an example out of one of you.”

She walked over to where Shining Armor was and took his chin in her hole ridden hoof.

“I could use you, but that night 5 years ago still plays in my mind, my love,” Chrysalis said.

“What night?” Cadence asked. “What's she talking about, Shining?”

“Oh, he didn't tell you?” Chrysalis turned to Cadence. “The night before the wedding, Shining and I... Well, I'd tell you. But there are fillies present.”

“SHUT UP!” Shining yelled. “Cadence, honey, I promise you. Nothing happened!”

Chrysalis chuckled. “Are you sure, my love? There’s a reason why the Bride and Groom don’t see each other before the wedding. And you were under my control?” She flashed her wicked smile and leaned down to kiss him, but he turned his face away.

“YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT LOVE IS!” He spat in her face.

Chrysalis slapped him across the face.

“SHINING!” Cadence yelled.

“GET AWAY FROM MY BROTHER!” Twilight screamed.

Chrysalis walked up to the bubble holding Twilight imprisoned. “Ah YES, Twilight Sparkle. Ive heard about your new title; “The Princess of Friendship”.” She burst out laughing. “AHAHAHA! That is the stupidest title for royalty I have ever heard!”

“DON'T YOU TOUCH HER,” a voice said from above. Flash Sentry came soaring down towards Chrysalis with his spear. She, however, expertly sidestepped the jab and knocked Flash to the ground.

She scoffed and said, “Good try, but no”!

“FLASH!” Twilight screamed. “GET AWAY FROM HIM!” she added, but the queen was already moving on.

“You impersonated me perfectly 5 years ago, Chrysalis,” Cadence said. “How did you get Fancy Pants cutie mark wrong? Are you losing your touch?”

Chrysalis answered her with a backhoof to the face.

“CADENCE!”

“Next time I stalk a worthy candidate, I'll make sure he takes off his stupid coat!”

“So... what,” Cadence said, spitting out some blood, “You just guessed based off his name?”

Another backhoof.

“I could kill you, you know,” Chrysalis said, grabbing Cadence's throat, “But that would be too easy.” She let go and left Cadence coughing and gasping for air.

“YOU BIT...” Shining's sentence was cut short as the backhoof queen smacked him as she walked by.

“Which one, which one?” she asked to nopony in particular. She stopped in front of Apple Bloom. “OH... You are perfect, my little rebel leader.”

Apple Bloom screamed and struggled against the changelings holding her down.

“Yes. You'll do nicely,” chuckled the queen. She lifted the poor filly into the air for all to see.

“NO! STOP!” cried Applejack, “NOT MY SISTER!”

“STOP CHRYSALIS! PLEASE!” begged Celestia. “YOU WIN! THE KINGDOM IS YOURS! TAKE ME INSTEAD!”

“Ah, Tia. Always one for self sacrifice.” The queen turned her head to give Celestia a wicked sneer. “NO. I want you all to see what happens to the young ones that defies their new ruler!”

Apple Bloom was sobbing now as Chrysalis rose her up for all to see.

Applejack dug deep within herself. She pushed with all her might and through the changelings off of her and galloped to Chrysalis. She reared up and bucked the queen in the face just before the beam left her horn. The beam just missed Apple Bloom and shot through the ceiling. With that kick, the queen lost control of Apple Bloom and she fell into the arms of her sister, sobbing.

The queen roared in frustration. She knock Apple Bloom out of Applejack's hoofs and grabbed Applejack by her throat.She held her high in the air before throwing her down into the ground, cracking the floor beneath her.

“FINE! I'LL MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF YOU INSTEAD!”

Chrysalis’s Horn glowed twice as bright now as she readied her spell.

Applejack looked at her friends for the last time and gave a small smile.

“I love y'all,” she managed to cough out.

The green light was unbearably bright now.

Chrysalis lowered her horn.

“DIE!”

Light exploded everywhere. But it wasn't green.

It was golden. And it was come from the outside of the castle.

Chrysalis stopped and looked up.

“What trickery is this?” she hissed.

At that moment, the magical barriers that imprisoned the four princesses and Discord disappeared.

"AHHHHH!" Discord let out as he stretched his limbs and popped his back. "My word it was cramped in there!"

Chrysalis whirled her head around. "How... How did..."

Her disbelief sentence was cut off as a boomerang collided with her face.

As the queen recovered from the assault, the four Alicorns combined their powers to blast Chrysalis off of Applejack, out the window, and off the side of the mountain.

“NOOOOOOOOO!” shrieked the queen as she fell.

Discord snapped his fingers and the all changelings in the grand hall suddenly disappeared. They reappeared in the middle of the room, dazed and without their wings. The Alicorn princesses and Discord blasted them out the window and into the night sky along with their queen.

“APPLEJACK!”

Apple Bloom tackled her sister on the floor and curled up in a ball and wept. “I WAS SO...SO...” She tried to finish her sentence but she was weeping to hard.

“I know, sugar cube, I know,” Cooed Applejack, running a roof through her sister's mane. “It’s OK. Shh shsh.”

Discord ran to Fluttershy and cradled her gently. "Fluttershy, my love. Are you hurt?"

She shook her head and buried it against his chest. "I'm alright now."

“Why did the force fields falter?” asked Twilight.

“Because Chrysalis hesitated,” Celestia seethed. She cleared her voice as she walked over to the windows. “But now we have a more pressing matter to attend to.”

Everypony walked over to the windows and saw a giant gold circle in the sky high above them.

“Look at that!” Rainbow Dash said. “It’s huge!"

“OW!” Pinkie Pie shouted.

Cheese was carrying her to the rest of the group.

“PINKIE PIE!” cried the gang, “ARE YOU...”

“I'm fine! OW!” she clutched her side. “I just wanted to OW, let you all know OW, that my Pinkie Senses are telling me OW, something unbelievable is to happen!”

“Well, DUH, Pinkie!” scolded Rainbow, “It’s not like a giant golden circle appears in the sky every da...”

“LOOK!” somepony said.

“Somethings coming out of it!” another yelled.

Rainbow Dash turned back to the window to see the something fall out of the circle and land on the outskirts of Ponyville.

“What was that?” asked Applejack.

“I don't know, my little ponies,” Celestia said, a worried look in her eyes. “But I fear this new event is about to change our world.”