• Published 1st Dec 2014
  • 1,252 Views, 80 Comments

Five nights at Sombra's - Fossil-Dragon-Messiah



Fear comes in many forms. Scootaloo, Applebloom, Sweetiebelle, Dinky Hooves and Fluttershy have to conquer their fears and survive the night(s)

  • ...
5
 80
 1,252

Day Three

"Let me go!" shouted Derpy. "Let me through!"

Two royal guards held back the mailmare's advance. "Please, miss!" One of them said. "With out permission, we can't-"

"Permission?" Derpy said, looking at the guard with a menacing expression (Which, when your eyes are eternally crossed, is a lot harder than you would think). "Who gave Sombra permission to trap Dinky in there? Huh? Who?" Derpy turned to the restaurant behind. "Give me back my daughter!" she yelled. "Just give her back! She's... She's all I have!"

"Ma'am, you need to leave! We need the area clear so we can get your daughter out of there!" The other guard said.

As he finished those words, a massive BANG was heard and a rainbow streaked across the sky. The rainbow turned downward to the ground and raced parallel to the ground. The streak of color head straight for the pizzeria, with Rainbow Dash leaving the rainbow in her wake. The cyan pegasus shifted position as she neared the door, getting ready to kick it down at mach speed. "Taste sonic rainboom drop kick, motherbucker!' Dash shouted as she got closer and closer to the building.

Dash's hind leg smacked into the door, throwing copious amounts of dust into the air. The dust cleared, revealing Rainbow Dash clutching her leg and screaming in agony.

The guards let Derpy go and raced towards Rainbow Dash. One of them squatted down next to the injured pegasus and said, "It's definitely broken. We need to get her to the hospital!"

His companion nodded and went to call an ambulance.

Back inside the restaurant

Fluttershy awoke to a loud crash. The mare lifted her head up to find all four fillies sound asleep. Sweetiebelle, Scootaloo, and Applebloom all huddled together in the corner of the room, while Dinky lay next to Fluttershy, using her wing as a blanket. Fluttershy gently lifted her wing off the filly, so as to not interrupt her much deserved and needed slumber. The pegasus trotted over to the security monitor and began flicking through the different camera feeds.

Fluttershy saw Vinyl Scratch stumble into the bathroom with a nasty cut on her leg. The DJ went into one of the stalls and pulled out a roll of toilet paper. She took the roll and began to dress her wound, wrapping it tightly in her makeshift gauze. Once she finished, she pulled out another roll and picked a pen off the ground. Vinyl began scribbling down something and read it aloud as she wrote.

"I, Vinyl Record Scratch, being of sound mind and body, do bequeath the following possessions to my roommate and good friend, Octavia Melody, in the event of my passing", she said as she began listing several items. "As my last requests, I would like my DJ equipment to be auctioned off and have the proceeds donated to a charity of the aforementioned Octavia Melody's choosing. Additionally, I would like Octavia to play her cello at my funeral. Octavia, it's been one hay of a ride. The times we had together were some of the happiest times of my life. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but the curtain has to close on me some time. When you get to heaven, I'll be there waiting, preforming with the angels."

Fluttershy wiped away tears as Vinyl said aloud what the pegasus had been thinking. "Let's hope I didn't need to write that" Said the DJ. Fluttershy switched to the next feed.

The monitor showed the maintenance closet where Lyra and Bon Bon had been camped out. The pair sat on the table looking into each others eyes.

"No regrets?" Lyra asked.

Bon Bon nodded. "No regrets."

The two moved closer. It took a second for Fluttershy to realize what the pair was about to do, but when she did, she flicked the camera as fast as possible. Fluttershy breathed a sigh of relief after avoiding seeing the two mares engage in such... intimate activities. Still, as perverse as it was, Fluttershy realized she never once had known such an embrace of intimacy. The only romance the pegasus ever harbored was with a stallion from Cloudsdale that ended after about three weeks.

Fluttershy shook those thoughts out of her head and looked back at the monitor. The feed showed the entrance to the arcade where the majority of fillies and colts were held up. Nothing unusual here, she thought.

Once again, Fluttershy switched camera feeds, but this time, she screamed and woke everypony in the room up.

"Wh-What's happening?!" Scootaloo shouted.

Fluttershy cowered away from the monitor and pointed at it.

"The... ventilation shaft?" Applebloom asked.

Fluttershy looked back at the monitor. "Ventilation shaft? It's that filly from before!" She screamed. "The one who the robot killed!"

Sweetiebelle examined the monitor. "Um... The screen's just showing an empty vent, Fluttershy..."

Fluttershy wouldn't turn around. For she feared that she would be greeted by the same deadpan face, missing her forehead.

Dinky wrapped her hooves around Fluttershy and looked at her with pleading eyes. "Please, mommy..." She said. "You're scaring me..."

Fluttershy looked down at the filly, then back at the monitor. The screen was perfectly fine now. There was no trace of the face of Red June.

Fluttershy returned Dinky's embrace. "I'm sorry, Dinky!" She sobbed softly.

The unicorn filly smiled. "It's okay, mommy. I know you're just scared."

Everytime Dinky referred to Fluttershy as mommy, the buttery pegasus felt her heart jump. Fluttershy had always wanted a foal of her own, but she couldn't afford to take care of one. She didn't make enough money watching over Ponyville's animals to support a foal and herself, and she didn't exactly have a coltfriend who brought in the dough. Fluttershy wasn't sure how to respond to Dinky's wishes for motherly affection. Every since Time Turner died and Amethyst Star moved away, Derpy had become incredibly protective of her youngest daughter. Derpy was by no means a bad mother. She was friendly and loving, she had a stable career, and despite many ponies claims, she was certainly not stupid. A bit clumsy perhaps, but definitely not stupid. Fluttershy couldn't see the reason for Dinky to suddenly want to have her as a mother.

Unless... Dinky wanted to be by her mother's side when she died.

Fluttershy looked down at the filly. She wanted her mother to be with her when she died, but Derpy wouldn't be able to be there for her this time, so Dinky substituted Fluttershy as her maternal figure.

It made sense enough. Dinky had been in her fair share of life threatening situations, and throughout all of them, Derpy was right by her side. Dinky's heart transplant, her time bedridden with Pony-bola, even the train crash that killed her father, Time Turner.

Fluttershy clutched the filly to her breast even tighter. "It's okay, Dinky. I'm right here."

Inside Twilight's castle

"What do you mean Rainbow Dash broke her leg?!" Twilight yelled.

A guard shifted on his hooves. "She attempted to break down the door by kicking it while preforming a sonic rainboom, your highness" , he said. "Her femur practically disintegrated upon impact."

Twilight put a hoof to her face. She should have known it wouldn't have been that easy.

As Twilight was about to speak, a voice was heard from behind her. "Twilight. I think it's time you told me what's going on."

Twilight turned around. "Spike!"

The dragon nodded. "Now Twilight, tell me what's happening. This is the second time you've been home ever since Discord showed up two days ago! I know you wouldn't separate your self from you books unless something major happened, and I'm insulted that you feel you don't trust me enough to tell me!"

"Spike...", Twilight began. "Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie will be here soon. I'll tell you everything then."

Spike pouted. "...Alright. I'm worried about you, Twilight. I hope you know that."

As promised, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie all arrived at the castle within fifteen minutes.

"Are they alright, Twilight? Are they? Are they? They must be so scared in there!" Pinkie spouted.

"Twilight, darling. Wheres Rainbow Dash?" Rarity asked

"Pinkie! Rarity! Let the poor mare breathe", Applejack scolded.

Twilight sent the guard out of the room and turned to her friends. "Pinkie, they are fine as far as I know. Rarity, Dash broke her leg trying to get into the building."

Spike turned to Twilight. "Alright. They're all here. Now tell me what's happening!" He yelled.

Twilight opened her mouth to speak, but winced over in pain and fell to the ground, breathing heavily. Her horn began glowing a purplish black and green, and a black mist emanated from it. A menacing and dark voice was heard. "And so all the murderers are here..." It said. A face emerged from the fog. It was black with green eyes and a red horn. "A pleasure to see you again everypony".

Twilight got back up on her hooves, obviously in pain. "Sombra!" She yelled.

"Greetings, miss Sparkle. I think it's time we had a discussion." Sombra said.

"Buck that!" Applejack yelled.

"Yeah! Get out of here you big grouch!" Pinkie said.

Rarity nodded. "I agree with Applejack. We will not converse with the likes of you!" The fashionista exclaimed.

"Is that so?" Sombra said with a smirk. "And here I was, ready to negotiate for the release of my captives".

Spike stared at the black mist. "Captives?"

Sombra turned to the baby dragon. "Oh, hello there. Spike, Is it?"

"Get away from him, you bastard!" Twilight yelled.

"Ah tut, tut, tut. It's rude to interrupt, miss Sparkle." Sombra said. Twilight reeled backwards as black lightning began to erupt from her.

"Twilight!" Spike, Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie all yelled at once.

"Now", Sombra said. "Let's negotiate".

Spike ran to the alicorn's side. He lifted her up and helped her to stand. "Twilight... What is he talking about?"

Twilight gasped for air. Through the ragged breaths, she managed to say, "Sombra trapped thirty ponies inside a pizzeria, including Fluttershy, Applebloom, Sweetiebelle, and Scootaloo. He possessed the animatronic characters and is using them to kill off his captives!"

Sombra chuckled. "I think you'll find I only killed the one filly."

Twilight gritted her teeth. "That's one too many victims. Don't pretend like your not trying to hurt them!"

This elicited another laugh from the shadowy figure. "The only reason all my other captives are surviving my little trap is because I want them to! But now, I am willing to negotiate for their safe return", He said.

"What do you want?" Twilight asked.

"The dragon whelp... He shall do something for me... And then he shall die." Sombra said with a smirk.

Twilight looked at Spike. "You're insane if you think we'll-"

"...Fine..." Spike said, turning the heads of everypony in the room.

"Spike? You can't be serious!" Twilight said.

"Are you willing to sacrifice thirty ponies to save one dragon, Twilight? Because I'm not!" Spike yelled.

Rarity approached Spike and placed a hoof on his shoulder. "Spike... Please..."

Spike pushed Rarity away. "Rarity! Your sister is in there! I'm not going to let this freak hurt anymore ponies!"

"Spike...", Applejack said. "This isn't what Sweetiebelle, Fluttershy, Scootaloo, or Applebloom would want. We can find another way!"

"Yeah, silly! I don't want have to plan a 'Goodbye Spike' party!" Pinkie explained

"Shut up!" Spike yelled. "Sombra, I accept..."

Sombra smiled, revealing his fangs. "Excellent.... Now, kill the white one", He commanded.

Spike's determined expression faded instantly, leaving only a face of fear and confusion. "What? Why? Rarity never did anything to you!"

Sombra moved in closer to Spike. "You had the largest part in my murder. The white one is special to you. You are going to suffer for your insolence as you feel the despair of ripping the throat out of the one you love!"

"You bastard! Never! I would never hurt Rarity!" Yelled the baby dragon.

"Tsk. Tsk. Such hypocrisy. Was that speech about sacrificing one to save many just a theatrical performance?" Sombra asked with a sly grin on his face.

Spike turned to the shadowy stallion. "Go buck yourself!"

"Very well... I will no longer guarantee the safety of my captives. There blood is on your claws." With those words, Sombra's image dissipated.

Rarity was fighting back tears as she held the baby dragon close to her chest.

Twilight shook her head. "We need to get to the restaurant..."

Back at Freddy Fazgriffon's Pizzeria

Dinky sat atop Fluttershy's lap, trying to find respite from the loud 3DS's noise. One could only hear Shulk from Xenohorn Chronicles shout "BACK-SLASH" so many times, and Scootaloo wasn't to keen on turning down the volume.

Applebloom and Sweetiebelle sat in the corner, monitoring the security feeds. All feeds showed no sign of any increase of hostility from the animatronics.

Suddenly, Twilight's voice cut through the darkness, making the five ponies jump a little. "Hello? Hello, Sweetiebelle? Is everypony alright?"

"We're fine, Twilight", Scootaloo said. "For now anyway".

Twilight's voice came again, only this time with a hint of confusion. "What do you mean, Scootaloo?"

Fluttershy spoke up, "Twilight, it seems that the robots are getting more dangerous as time passes..."

"Makes sense. But listen girls, Sombra is going to be stepping up his game", Twilight said.

Applebloom asked, "How do ya know, Twilight?"

"Sombra contacted us, making demands for your safe return. He wanted Spike to kill Rarity!" Twilight explained.

Sweetiebelle gasped in horror. "H-He didn't... Did he?"

"No, thank Celestia. But Sombra said he's going to start letting the animatronics rampage and kill ponies, you five need to be extremely careful!"

"Hey... Twilight?" Scootaloo asked.

"What is it Scootaloo?"

Scootaloo shifted on her hooves. "Um... Could you check your library for a few books for me?" She asked.

"Of course," Twilight responded. "What specifically?"

"Um... It's a manga written by Scribbler, the same pony who wrote Assault on Colossus. It's called 'Mortality Pad'", The pegasus filly explained.

"hm... I think I have that. It's the series where the super smart colt gets a magic sketchpad, and who ever he draws dies, right?" Twilight asked.

"Yep, that's the one", Scootaloo confirmed.

"Okay. I'll look for it. Mortality Pad by Scribbler... OH! That reminds me. How are you five doing on provisions?" Asked the alicorn.

Fluttershy looked over to the pots where the fillies were storing their gummy bears. Everypony's but Dinky's was nearly empty. "Um... We're running a little low on food", the buttery pegasus said.

Twilight made a mental note. "Okay. Expect some more food in a couple hours. Just stay safe".

With those words, Twilight cut the line, leaving the five ponies in silence. Dinky remained silent in Fluttershy's soft embrace.

Scootaloo turned to Applebloom, "Sooo... Applebloom, do you have a crush on anypony?"

Applebloom blushed. "Wh-What are ya asking that for?! That's not something you just ask somepony!"

Scootaloo shrugged and said, "Well I told you mine when we got trapped in here, and we both know Sweetiebelle has a thing for Button Mash, so that just leaves you..."

"I'm right here!" Swetiebelle shouted indignantly.

Applebloom buried her face in her hooves. "Promise not to laugh?"

Everypony in the room nodded there head, even Fluttershy and Dinky, who thought Scootaloo shouldn't have put her on the spot like that.

Applebloom sighed. "Alright..." She said. "...Pipsqueak..."

"Knew it!" Scootaloo shouted.

Sweetie nodded. "I could see you two together".

Dinky spoke up and surprised everypony in the room. "Um... I have a crush on Dark Echo..."

Applebloom looked at the unicorn filly. "The new thestral kid?"

Dinky nodded. "He's really nice and funny..."

"Our little Dinky has a crush! Who would've thought it?" Scootaloo said. "Hey, what about you Fluttershy? Are those rumors about you and Discord true?"

Fluttershy blushed madly. "R-Rumors? What kind of rumors?"

Applebloom spoke up. "Rumor has it you and Discord are dating Fluttershy. Are they true?"

Fluttershy laughed nervously. "O-Of course not", She said. She wasn't lying. She harbored no romantic feelings towards the draconequus.

"Okay, then", Sweetiebelle responded. "So do you have a crush on anypony?"

Fluttershy shook her head. "No... I haven't had a crush on anypony since I was in flight school."

"Why not, mommy?" Dinky asked.

"I-I just never found the right stallion. Stallion aren't like cutie marks, you know? Not everypony finds theirs", Fluttershy explained.

The four fillies looked down at the ground, each with a sullen expression.

The hours slowly ticked by. At about six at night, Twilight teleported the group more food and a stack of books with a note on top. The note read "Enjoy, Scootaloo."

Scootaloo read her manga, Applebloom checked the monitor, Sweetiebelle played on the 3DS, and Dinky rested on top of Fluttershy. The group was quiet, each member preoccupied with their own task. The sounds that would pierce the silence were occasional groans of frustration or squeals of delight from Sweetiebelle (Who had the courtesy to turn the volume off) and gasps and giggles from Scootaloo.

"Man, Ryuk and Discord would get along so well" Scootaloo said, inciting giggles from her posse.

The rest of the day went on with little happening... Until the dread midnight hour arrived.

End of Day Three

Author's Note:

So... it looks like our third author bailed on us. Guess it's just me and Musicalboy. Also, I know Attack on Titan and Death Note aren't written by the same people.