• Published 1st Dec 2014
  • 1,256 Views, 80 Comments

Five nights at Sombra's - Fossil-Dragon-Messiah



Fear comes in many forms. Scootaloo, Applebloom, Sweetiebelle, Dinky Hooves and Fluttershy have to conquer their fears and survive the night(s)

  • ...
5
 80
 1,256

Night one

Meanwhile, at Canterlot Castle

Discord was relaxing on the couch in his chambers when he felt something wrong. That's strange, the draconequus thought. It feels like theres a lot of chaos building up in Ponyville, and I'm not there to cause it. Wait... Fluttershy!

Discord got up from his couch and wrote down a note, telling Celestia and Luna where he went. Discord snapped his fingers on his eagle claw and teleported to Twilight's castle.

"Twilight!" Discord shouted. "Where are you?"

Twilight poked her out from her room. "What do you want, Discord?" She asked with a hint of irritation.

Discord looked down at Twilight. "I think Fluttershy is in trouble. I'm sensing a massive chaos build up here in Ponyville and Fluttershy is right next to the epicenter!" He said.

"Discord, you're on thin ice after what happened with Tirek. If this is one of your pranks..." Twilight began.

Discord put his lion paw to his head. "Will you let that go already? I had a temporary lapse in judgement. Everypony has one at some point!" He said.

"That 'temporary lapse in judgement' nearly doomed all of Equestria!" Twilight retorted.

"L-Look. Can we talk about this another time? I'm being dead serious. Cross my heart and hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in my eye." Discord said as he spawned a cupcake and literally stuck it in his eye.

Twilight sighed. "Alright, Discord. What happened?" She asked.

Discord snapped his fingers and the icing from the cupcake cleared off his face. "I told you. I'm sensing a ton of chaotic energy nearby and I can feel Fluttershy is right by it's epicenter! Grab my tail and I can take us there", The Draconequus said.

"Alright. just give me a second. SPIKE!" Twilight shouted.

Sure enough, the purple dragon came around the door with a dust pan in hand. "What is it, Twilight?" Spike asked.

"I need to go out. I need you to watch the castle while I'm gone." Twilight explained.

Spike saluted at the alicorn. "Yes ma'am!" he said with gusto.

Twilight turned to the draconequus. "Alright, Discord. Let's go", she said as she grabbed the tuft of fur on the tip of Discord's tail.

Discord snapped his fingers once again and transported him and Twilight outside a building called "Freddy Fazgriffon's Pizzeria". Rainbow Dash was there, as was Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash pushing on the door, but try as she might the door would not budge. Next to Pinkie was a large cake, with the words on top written in icing, "Happy ninth birthday, Applebloom". Twilight was sure the only time Pinkie had wore such a grave expression was the time, a few weeks after Twilight moved to Ponyville and Pinkie thought all of her friends were avoiding her and her parties.

Rainbow dash saw Twilight and smiled. "Oh, Thank Celestia you're here, Twilight!" She said. She saw Discord standing next to Twilight and her smile turned into a vicious frown. "Discord! You're behind this aren't you!?"

Twilight stepped in between Dash and Discord. "Discord had nothing to do with this... I hope for his sake." She said as she tossed a menacing glare at the draconequus. "Tell me what's going on."

"Gladly", Dash said. "Pinkie and I were transporting Applebloom's birthday cake from Sugar Cube Corner. When we got here, the doors wouldn't budge and we could here screaming from the inside of the building."

"Screaming?" Twilight asked.

Rainbow Dash nodded. "Yeah. It sounded like somepony got murdered in there or something."

"Hey, everypony! What's all the commotion?" A voice rang out. Pinke, Dash, Discord, and Twilight turned to see Big Macintosh and Applejack.

"Applejack! Big Mac! We think Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetiebelle, and Fluttershy are trapped inside here!" Pinkie explained.

Applejack looked shocked, and then began laughing. "Good one, Pinkie. You nearly had me there." Said the farm pony.

Dash approached Applejack. "She's not joking! We think they're in danger!" She said.

"Dash, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice-"

Twilight shouted. "Applejack! We're not kidding!"

The farm pony took a step back. "Twilight... What happened?"

Twilight explained the situation to her friend as delicately as she could.

"Well for Pete's sake!" Applejack yelled. "Big Mac help me bust down the door will ya?"

Big Macintosh nodded. "Eeyup."

The two farm ponies lined up with their rears facing the door. In unison, they lifted their hind legs up and bucked with all their might. "Anything?" Applejack asked.

"Nope."

"Dammit!" Applejack shouted.

Discord approached the door. "Stand back. I'm going to try something." Discords eagle claw morphed into the shape of a drill. "This is the drill that will pierce the door! Giga! Drill! DISCORD!!!" He shouted as he rammed his drill into the glass. As the drill rotated, Discord jumped back in pain. "OW!" He shouted. The drill returned to an eagle claw, albeit a very mangled eagle claw.

"Wait a sec..." Twilight said. "If Sweetiebelle's in there than I can ask her whats going on telepathically! I taught her a two way communication spell a few days ago during 'Twilight Time'."

"Rainbow Dash, Could you go get Rarity? She deserves to know what's going on." Apple jack said.

Dash nodded and flew off for the Carousel Boutique.

Back in the restaurant

"Applebloom, if were going to die you should know I always found your brother extremely attractive!" Scootaloo shouted.

Fluttershy and Dinky panicked even harder.

"I never got to tell Button Mash how I felt!" Sweetiebelle cried.

Applebloom scowled. "Enough, you two! You're scaring the hay out of Fluttershy and Dinky!"

"W-We're sorry, Applebloom", The two said at once.

Sweetie heard something. Sweetiebelle, are you there? She heard a voice say.

"Twilight?" She asked aloud.

Her friends looked at her. "Who are you talking to?" Applebloom asked.

"I heard Twilight. Twilight! Are you talking to me through that spell you taught me?" Sweetiebelle asked.

Oh, thank goodness your okay, Twilights voice said. Can the others hear me?

"No, I don't think so."

Okay. Give me a second.

Sweetiebelle's horn glowed a bright green and a voice was heard. "What about now?"

"Twilight? Is that you?" The four other ponies in the room asked.

"Yes, It's me. What's happening in there?" Twilights voice asked.

Fluttershy explained the situation. "Applebloom, Sweetiebelle, Scootaloo, and I were sitting down when one of the animatronics bit a filly's head off! We ran but got cornered in a security guards office and found Dinky Hooves hiding as well."

"As in Derpy Hooves's daughter?" Twilight asked.

"Yes. We're fine right now but theres no food in here and that robot is still out there!" Fluttershy explained.

Twilight sighed. "Okay. We can teleport you some food and water and we're trying our best to get inside. Just hold on and we'll get you out as soon as possible. Now tell me, Fluttershy. Do you know what happened to the robot to make it attack the filly?"

"Well... Just before it attacked a black crystal came out of it's head. It kind of reminded me of-"

"Sombra..." Twilight interrupted.

Fluttershy gulped. "Mhm."

"Alright. Just hold out until we can get you out of there", Twilight said.

And with that, Twilight stopped talking.

Hours passed with no word from Twilight. Six P.M, eight P.M, ten P.M, twelve P.M.

Fluttershy sat in the corner, cradling Dinky. Applebloom paced around the room. Scootaloo sat on the floor, trying to not fall asleep. Sweetiebelle sat in the chair, spinning around.

"UGH!" Scootaloo shouted. "What's taking them so long?"

Applebloom turned to her pegasus friend. "I'm sure their doing all they can. Give 'em a break!" She said.

Just as Applebloom finished those words, something banged on the door, making all five ponies in the room scream bloody murder. Applebloom looked at the security monitor and switched the camera to the one just outside the door. The screen showed the dragon animatronic pounding on it, trying to get in. The screen showed that with each pound, the door's structural integrity dropped ever so slightly. About point two percent with each bang. The robot banged on the door at a rate of about one pound every ten seconds. Ninety nine point eight. Ninety nine point six. Ninety nine point four.

"It's trying to bust down the door!" Applebloom yelled in fear! Fluttershy held Dinky even tighter as the pounding continued.

After about two minutes, the pounding stopped. Door structural integrity: Ninety seven point six percent.

"I-I think it's gone", Applebloom as she watched the dragon-bot walk away on the security camera.

"I DON'T WANNA DIE!" Dinky wailed as she began sobbing.

Fluttershy began patting Dinky's head while trying to put on her best brave face. "Hey, now. Everything is going to be okay" She said, unsure if what she said was true.

"I-I want Mommy..." Dinky sobbed.

"Everypony. I heard screaming. What happened?" Echoed Twilight's voice again.

Scootaloo jumped down and shouted into Sweetiebelle's horn "I'll tell you what happened! One of those robots just tried to bust down the door and kill us!"

"Okay, I'm going to be completely honest with you five... We still haven't made any progress in getting inside..." Twilight said.

"WHAT?" Scootaloo yelled. "Can't you use that rainbow power stuff you used to defeat Tirek or something?"

"we'd need Fluttershy to open the chest with us, and she's trapped in there with you", Twilight explained. "The good news is Rarity and Derpy arrived. They have messages for you. Sweetiebell, Rarity says to be brave. Don't let those animatronics scare you into thinking your doomed. Dinky, Derpy says when we get you out of there, there's a big chocolate chip muffin with your name on it back home."

"T-Thanks, Twilight. We needed to hear that." Dinky and Sweetiebelle said together.

"Now, we're going to go silent again for a while. Just hold out a little longer." Twilight said before she cut the line.

"Hey, girls! Check this out!" Applebloom shouted as she pointed at the screen. The meter that showed the door's structural integrity was back at one hundred percent. "The door must be enchanted to automatically repair itself after it takes damage!"

"Awesome!" Scootaloo said. "We have some more time before one of those robots breaks in here and murders us!"

Applebloom glared at the pegasus filly. "What did you have go and say that for, Scoots?"

"Hey, I'm just being honest!" Scootaloo said. "Those doors aren't going to hold forever! One of those robots is going to come and bust it down eventually!"

"That's enough!" Fluttershy shouted. Applebloom and Scootaloo stared at Fluttershy, not used to seeing her frustrated. "The last thing we need right now is pointless bickering. Do you see Sweetiebelle arguing? No! Now we are going to sit here until Twilight and our friends get us out of here. Do you understand?"

The two fillies gulped and sat down. Fluttershy was as scary as the animatronics when she was mad.

About three uneventful hours passed. Dinky was trying her best not to cry, while Applebloom and Scootaloo monitored the security feed. Sweetiebelle sat with Fluttershy and helped her to try and comfort Dinky.

Suddenly the banging began again. Once again all five ponies screamed. Applebloom switched the security feed to the camera back outside the door. "It's not the dragon this time! It's the phoenix!" She yelled. This time the banging drained the doors integrity by point five percent per bang, with roughly the same amount of time between each hit as the last time.

Ninety nine point five percent. Ninety nine percent. Ninety eight point five percent. Ninety eight percent.

This time the banging lasted a little longer. Five minutes this time. Structural Integrity: Eighty five percent.

"Okay. I don't think we have to worry about the robots. They give up pretty quick and don't do a lot of damage to the door." Applebloom said.

Sweetiebelle shook. "Every time one of them bangs on the door, I feel a little part of me die. Like being near them is enough to kill me."

Scootaloo put a hoof on her friends shoulder. "Come on, Sweetiebelle. Theres no reason to be afraid. Didn't you here what Applebloom said? They're weak and stupid. We're strong and smart!" She said flexing her muscles in a goofy manner. Sweetiebelle giggled and pushed Scootaloo away.

Dinky spoke. "S-So as long as we stay in here, we're safe?"

"That's how it looks, Dinky", Applebloom replied.

End of Night one